PDA

View Full Version : Confirm Pompeo

jimnyc
04-21-2018, 01:41 PM
They said from day one that they planned on obstructing, and that's exactly what they have been doing. They have no reason to do so, other than they can and want to disrupt the Trump administration as much as possible.

---

Confirm Pompeo

Column: The president deserves his excellent choice for secretary of state

What on earth are the Democrats doing? President Trump has nominated CIA director Mike Pompeo, eminently qualified by any reasonable standard, to be America's seventieth secretary of state. And yet the Senate Democrats, led by Chuck Schumer, have perverted the advice and consent clause of the Constitution into a license to obstruct this solid nominee for one of the most important cabinet offices. The Democratic rationales for opposition are neither consistent nor compelling. But the party is heedlessly and recklessly trying to capsize the nomination anyway, without giving second thought to the potential consequences of its actions. If this doesn't count as a symptom of Trump derangement syndrome, I don't know what does.

In the coming months, President Trump will have to deal with the fallout from his strike on Syria, the growing conflict between Israel and Iran, the future of the Iran nuclear agreement, Chinese belligerence toward Taiwan, the planned summit with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un, and whatever unexpected international crises that erupt. Even if you accept the critique of Trump as someone who has no fixed worldview, little in the way of principle, and is dangerously enamored of the "madman" theory of strategic ambiguity, you would therefore want him, it seems to me, to be surrounded by personnel who are experienced, knowledgeable, capable, and steadfast—individuals who can serve as ballast, who can tether the president to geopolitical reality.

The slightest glance at Pompeo's official biography is enough to confirm that he is such a man. How many senators, Republican or Democrat, graduated at the top of their class at West Point, served as a cavalry officer, graduated from Harvard Law School and edited the Harvard Law Review, then went on to become a successful businessman? These are precisely the qualities that led the Senate in January 2017 to confirm Pompeo as CIA director in a bipartisan 66-32 vote.

A position in which, by the high standards of administration critics, Pompeo has excelled. "When it came to representing the judgments of the CIA, he was scrupulous," former CIA director Michael Hayden, no friend of Trump's, said recently. "I've seen no indication whatsoever that he's done anything but fairly describe what it is his analysts believe to be true and that includes the hypercharged, politically sensitive third-rail issue of what the Russians did in 2016."

So Pompeo is credentialed, succeeded in a tough position, and represented intelligence straightforwardly to President Trump. And yet none of this is enough for the Democrats, including those who supported Pompeo's nomination for CIA director, for the specious reason that the president shouldn't have a secretary of state who agrees with him. The Senate Democrats are operating under the assumption that it is disqualifying for a nominee to hold views shared by the duly elected president and majorities in both houses of Congress. They say Pompeo is too hawkish, despite his personal meeting with Kim Jong Un. Or they say Pompeo is dishonest for not revealing to them his classified visit to North Korea. Or they attack Pompeo for holding the same position on same-sex marriage as Barack Obama circa 2012. Or they worry that Pompeo is too worried about Islamism, and not worried enough about climate change. Next they'll complain that he's never donated to Planned Parenthood.

Yes, it's true: Mike Pompeo is not a liberal Democrat. Knock me over with a feather.

Rest - http://freebeacon.com/columns/confirm-pompeo/

LongTermGuy
04-21-2018, 03:11 PM
**Liberal bigots hate everyone who is not a liberal bigot.....

...He's (Pompeo) ...been running the CIA for a year. He's a Harvard grad and West Point Grad and a proud

Christian man....**Dems dont respect the results of the election. ....The American people wanted trump

....Now he deserves the personnel to enact his policies.....The few Repubs voting against...should get that...

pete311
04-21-2018, 03:21 PM
I wasn't aware that Rand Paul was a liberal bigot.

jimnyc
04-21-2018, 03:25 PM

Is Rand Paul holding things up?

Do you know who will vote what exactly? Do you believe it's Rand Paul holding things up, or the Democrat party, doing what they said they would do?

Paul is certainly not a far rightie, but certainly not a liberal. And Paul has some racist history, just like Poppa.

LongTermGuy
04-21-2018, 03:35 PM

​Read my words that I copied from above....Dont... nonchalantly try to be sneaky...never said Rand Paul was a bigot....Only deceitful Leftist Liberal fools are...

Read carefully...

**Liberal bigots hate everyone who is not a liberal bigot.....

...He's (Pompeo) ...been running the CIA for a year. He's a Harvard grad and West Point Grad and a proud

Christian man....**Dems dont respect the results of the election. ....The American people wanted trump

....Now he deserves the personnel to enact his policies.....The few Repubs voting against...should get that..."

Black Diamond
04-21-2018, 03:46 PM

Do you know who will vote what exactly? Do you believe it's Rand Paul holding things up, or the Democrat party, doing what they said they would do?

Paul is certainly not a far rightie, but certainly not a liberal. And Paul has some racist history, just like Poppa.
Blacks singing through Slavery? Was that said by one of them ?

LongTermGuy
04-21-2018, 04:00 PM

Correct...mostly IMO^^^

Paul is one of the few Repubs holding things up `for now`...Paul had a meeting with Pompeo Yesterday I believe ...and still haven't worked things out (some of his personal views)...No Paul is definitely not a Liberal...just some else playing word games....Its all democrats ...except `One` democrat lady which I heard this morning on Fox saying she will go with Pompeo (vote for)

aboutime
04-21-2018, 08:18 PM
POLITICS...POLITICS....POLITICS....A DIRTY, LOW DOWN BUSINESS.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.thegamecrafter.com/6e687ed8310c38f7d4cf812d996cb534952a0068

jimnyc
04-22-2018, 04:59 PM
GOP Sen Cotton: Dems Engaging in ‘Shameful Political Behavior’ on Pompeo Nomination

Sunday on CBS’s “Face the Nation,” Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) said Democrats were “engaged in shameful political behavior” in opposing President Donald Trump’s nominee for secretary of state, Mike Pompeo.

Partial transcript as follows:

MARGARET BRENNAN, CBS’S “FACE THE NATION”: You mentioned Mike Pompeo. As we’ve said he is a friend of yours, CIA director, wants to be secretary of state. One issue that some of the Democrats at his hearing like Senator Menendez had with his nomination is that they frankly say they don’t know which Mike Pompeo to believe. The congressman who advocated for striking Iran and North Korea and criticized the diplomatic deals there or the one who now says he wants to preserve the nuclear deal with Iran and negotiate with North Korea. Is this driven by politics or a change of conviction?

COTTON: Driven 100 percent by politics, Margaret, 15 Democrat–

BRENNAN: His change of position?

COTTON: No, the Democrats opposition to Mike Pompeo.

BRENNAN: But Mike Pompeo’s change of position–

COTTON: Mike Pompeo has not-has not changed his position. I’ve known Mike for many years we’ve traveled the world with each other. Mike is committed to diplomatic solutions everywhere. The difference Mike Pompeo and a lot of those Democrats or the previous secretaries of state is that Mike Pompeo recognizes that the credible threat of military force is essential to getting diplomatic solutions. But a lot of these Democrats–

BRENNAN: He opposed the Iran nuclear deal and he said in his testimony now he wants to preserve it.

COTTON: Opposing the Iran nuclear deal doesn’t mean that you’re opposed to diplomatic solutions. It means you’re opposed to a bad diplomatic solutions.

BRENNAN: But that was a change in position for him?

COTTON: Ultimately, it’s the president that makes that decision. Mike Pompeo will conduct foreign policy on behalf of the president, but as he said in his testimony it’s the president who will make that decision. But the Democrats especially on the Foreign Relations Committee are really engaged in shameful political behavior. Fifteen of them voted for Mike Pompeo last-last year to be the director of the CIA. Not a single one of them to my knowledge has said that he’s done a bad job in fact many of them–

BRENNAN: It’s a very different job than being America’s top diplomat and credibly negotiating which is why they get to this fundamental question.

COTTON: And as Director Pompeo said in his testimony he has committed those diplomatic solutions, but ultimately the secretary of state is conducting diplomacy on behalf of the president. Most of these Democrats don’t have a problem with Mike Pompeo. They are still struggling to get over the election of Donald Trump in 2016 or frankly they face elections this year in 2018 and they’re afraid of scaring the Move On dot org or Code Pink crowd. And it’s really shameful behavior.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/04/22/gop-sen-cotton-dems-engaging-shameful-political-behavior-pompeo-nomination/

High_Plains_Drifter
04-22-2018, 05:03 PM
You know as well everyone else on the PLANET that Paul is a constitutional libertarian.

Got another pathetic one liner you want to lay on us?

Russ
04-22-2018, 06:14 PM
This is the same Mike Pompeio that the Dems recently approved overwhelmingly for Director of the CIA. It's the same man. He hasn't changed. The only thing that has changed is that the Dems got even more stupid and hypocritical during the last 12 months. They can't evenT see how stupid and pathetic they look. They've descended into some kind of subhuman swamp.

Can't we send the DNC on some kind of 'human wave' attack against Syria or ISIS or Hezbollah? I don't even care who wins.

aboutime
04-22-2018, 07:16 PM

petey. YOU WISH Paul was a Liberal Bigot, and Hypocrite LIKE YOU, which is why you felt a need to make such a stupid statement....ONE LINER.

petey....Question for you. What date do you expect to finally complete, and graduate from the DNC Day Care Center/Pre-School Adventure for the Perpetually Stupid???

LongTermGuy
04-22-2018, 09:32 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dbbo1pdX4AAJWg_.jpg

FakeNewsSux
04-22-2018, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Russ
This is the same Mike Pompeio that the Dems recently approved overwhelmingly for Director of the CIA. It's the same man. He hasn't changed. The only thing that has changed is that the Dems got even more stupid and hypocritical during the last 12 months. They can't evenT see how stupid and pathetic they look. They've descended into some kind of subhuman swamp.

Can't we send the DNC on some kind of 'human wave' attack against Syria or ISIS or Hezbollah? I don't even care who wins.

I guess Pompeo's outreach to North Korea, which resulted in Kim's pledge to freeze nuclear activities to focus on economic development, ahead of the proposed summit with Pres Trump was simply a bridge too far for the Dems in the Senate. Thermonuclear annihilation must be a small price to pay to keep Trump from showing up the sad history of appeasement by Carter, Clinton, Obama, et al. Die Partei Uber Alles!

And I like your human wave idea but I think you should include some Never Trumpers just to cover the bipartisan angle.

LongTermGuy
04-23-2018, 03:54 PM
POMPEO.... will be confirmed.:cool:

Joe Manchin will vote for Mike Pompeo, assuring his Senate confirmation

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/988443035456430080/-_lc8lew?format=jpg&name=600x314
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/joe-manchin-will-vote-for-mike-pompeo-assuring-his-senate-confirmation

LongTermGuy
04-23-2018, 07:47 PM
BREAKING: Senate panel votes to recommend Mike Pompeo for secretary of state after last-minute wrangling

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/988534146745229312/8QU2Za9m?format=jpg&name=600x314

`Meanwhile, President Trump celebrated the developments......

"I heard Rand Paul went yes.. he’s a good man," the president told reporters. "I said he’d never let us down. He’s a good man."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/23/mike-pompeo-recommended-by-senate-panel-for-secretary-state-barely-avoiding-committee-rebuke.html

aboutime
04-23-2018, 08:06 PM
The Dems are afraid of Pompeo. Simply put. He makes John Kerry, and Hillary look like Obama's favorite kids, playing in the Ghetto of Chicago...chasing Democrat Voters with Saturday Nite Specials in the wonderful WINDY CITY of Stupid.

LongTermGuy
04-23-2018, 08:19 PM
The Dems are afraid of Pompeo. Simply put. He makes John Kerry, and Hillary look like Obama's favorite kids, playing in the Ghetto of Chicago...chasing Democrat Voters with Saturday Nite Specials in the wonderful WINDY CITY of Stupid.

:clap:^^ Yes sir!....:laugh:

Little more info...Here..
https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/988527774104195072/Lzg5c--g?format=jpg&name=600x314
Sen. Rand Paul's (left) surprising turnabout on Mike Pompeo came after multiple conversations with President Donald Trump, the Kentucky Republican said.
:cool:

https://static.politico.com/dims4/default/44c43a0/2147483647/resize/1160x%3E/quality/90/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.politico.com%2F82%2F20%2 F31143c3f4d70bab4da3e0493dcbf%2F180423paulpompeoge ttyimages-945319810.jpg
Paul backs Pompeo, ensuring confirmation as secretary of state

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/23/paul-to-back-pompeo-ensuring-confirmation-as-secretary-of-state-546037

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dbd219hU8AASN4Z.jpg