PDA

View Full Version : DiGenova on Memos: 'Comey Should Go to Prison'

jimnyc
04-21-2018, 01:54 PM
It's becoming more and more clear as more proof emerges, that Comey leaked information. It turns out it's confidential information. He probably thought that since Hillary got to skate on her breaking the law on confidentiality that he would get the same treatment that he gave her. I sure hope not, they need to start enforcing the leaks of such information, and Comey should go first. Hillary and her foundation should be next. Of course so much other stuff, from FISA warrants to the dossier to $$$ - will likely mean others involved.

And was the current investigation even set off legally? I'm leaning with Trump on this one. But if anything, it should be more charges against Comey when the time comes. I'm not sure how the law would stand with the whole thing if it was set off illegally, but I still think Trump ain't got shit to hide. But the hunt should be discontinued. And IMO, I hope Trump will pardon anyone given bogus charges on what should have been a Russian collusion investigation.

---

DiGenova on Memos: 'Comey Should Go to Prison'

Former U.S. Attorney for D.C. and chief counsel to the Senate Rules Committee Joe diGenova stated on WMAL radio on Friday that the memos written by then-FBI Director James Comey about his conversations with President Donald Trump early in 2017 reveal a "tortured and troubled mind," a man who "committed a crime" and who "should go to prison."

DiGenova, a long-time attorney dealing with white-collar crime and congressional investigations, also said that the memos reminded him of those written by Nazi war criminals, who detailed their illegal actions in documents and then saw those same documents used against them during the Nuremberg trials.

DiGenova added that the Comey memos further confirm that top people in the Justice Department (DOJ), the FBI, and the Obama administration were involved in "a brazen plot to exonerate Hillary Clinton, and then if she lost the election, to frame Donald Trump."

During the April 20 interview on WMAL's "Mornings on the Mall," co-host Mary Walter talked about the DOJ Inspector General's criminal referral of former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, who made false statements, "lacked candor," on four occasions when being interviewed by FBI officials. Was this surprising to you? she asked diGenova.

“It’s not a surprise and here’s the reason why," said diGenova. "What you are watching is the Department of Justice clumsily get back to a rule of law with one standard, instead of the two standards that were applied during the Obama administration."

Rest - https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/digenova-comey-memos-comey-should-go-prison-memos-similar-nazi-war-criminals

Memos don't prove 'obstruction' — they further cement Comey's legacy as a leaker

We now have the FBI memorandums and emails drafted by James Comey to document his nine interactions with President Trump. House Republicans lobbied the Justice Department for access to the infamous musings and then promptly released them.

Having just read Comey’s ode to “ethical leadership,” “A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership,” I pored over this document dump with the anticipation of investigative dot-connection. From a quarter-century in the FBI, I know the agency’s paperwork; bureaucracies are built on paper. The 15 pages of these seven memos seemed certain to provide the “smoking gun” that the polarized sides of our political divide were anticipating or dreading.

My immediate reaction? The memos are as disappointing as Geraldo Rivera’s two-hour live TV foray into Al Capone’s vault in 1986.

Beyond the gossip-worthy charge from Comey that Trump questioned the judgment of his former national security adviser, Michael Flynn, Comey’s writing showcases a wonderful flair for the descriptive that reflects his never having been an FBI agent and his inexperience in preparing testimonial or corroboration documents for the bureau.

From their earliest days at the FBI Academy, special-agent trainees are instructed to draft documents that succinctly capture the relevant, salient portions of an interview: Stick to the facts; no suppositions or opinions allowed; only describe items or utterances that demand description; anything you put on paper will be subject to scrutiny from seasoned defense attorneys. As with many things, less is more.

Comey’s memos were written in novel-like form — almost as if they were being prepared with a tell-all book in mind.

Rest - http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/384134-memos-dont-prove-obstruction-further-cement-comeys-legacy-as-a-leaker

Donald Trump Suggests Appointment of Special Counsel Was Illegal After James Comey Leaks

President Donald Trump speculated about the nature of the Russia special counsel on Friday, pointing out that it was the result of an illegal leak to the media.

“James Comey illegally leaked classified documents to the press in order to generate a Special Council?” Trump asked on Twitter. “Therefore, the Special Council was established based on an illegal act?”

Trump made his comments after news broke that the Justice Department inspector general was investigating if Comey leaked classified information by giving a friend memos of his conversations with the president.

Although Comey redacted some of the information in his memos, some details were upgraded to “confidential” after he left the FBI.

Trump raised questions about Comey’s behavior, but the investigation continues.

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/04/21/trump-suggests-appointment-special-counsel-illegal-comey-leaks/