PDA

View Full Version : No need for Trump to pardon personal lawyer at this point, adviser says

jimnyc
04-23-2018, 08:40 AM
If I were Trump, I would tell Cohen to just relax and go with the flow, that there is no danger as he will just pardon him when all is said and done. And I don't see this as "above the law", rather it would be correcting a wrong and an overreach (although I will wait to hear all facts). So this is basically DOA I would tell him.

---

No need for Trump to pardon personal lawyer at this point, adviser says

Washington (CNN)There is currently "no need" to pardon President Donald Trump's personal attorney, Michael Cohen, White House Legislative Affairs Director Marc Short said Monday.

"There's no need," Short told CNN's "New Day" co-anchor Chris Cuomo. "There's no need for that at this point, Chris. I think that the President, of course, all of us are frustrated. We're very frustrated with the scope of the investigation and the way it's dragged on."

Short was apparently referring to special counsel Robert Mueller, whose office referred the case to the Southern District of New York which led to a raid earlier this month on Cohen's home, hotel room and office as part of an ongoing criminal investigation into his business dealings.

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders, however, did not rule out the possibility that Trump could pardon Cohen.

"I don't think that we are going to talk about hypotheticals that don't exist right now," Sanders told reporters at the White House Monday morning.

The raid has led to speculation that Cohen -- a top Trump confidante -- could cooperate with federal authorities. And Jay Goldberg, a longtime attorney for Trump, expressed concern to CNN's Erin Burnett last week that Cohen will lie to prosecutors to get leniency on his own charges.

Rest - https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/23/politics/marc-short-michael-cohen-pardon-cnntv/index.html

darin
04-23-2018, 08:51 AM
to get a pardon one has to admit guilt.

jimnyc
04-23-2018, 09:01 AM

Even if "found" guilty? I would still find a way around it. No way this man should be jailed over such a horrid overreach. Then again, all depends on what they find. But IMO, that's the point, they shouldn't be able to be looking right now.

Black Diamond
04-23-2018, 09:02 AM
I've always wondered that.

darin
04-23-2018, 09:06 AM
Even if "found" guilty? I would still find a way around it. No way this man should be jailed over such a horrid overreach. Then again, all depends on what they find. But IMO, that's the point, they shouldn't be able to be looking right now.

yes, even if 'found' guilty. I think any jury pool in a blue state would convict because they hate trump.

jimnyc
04-23-2018, 09:10 AM
yes, even if 'found' guilty. I think any jury pool in a blue state would convict because they hate trump.

I would fake it then, anything other than jail and letting them think they'll somehow get him to "flip".

Black Diamond
04-23-2018, 09:10 AM
It was said at the beginning of this witch hunt, that mueller had a license to do anything.. That it wasn't limited to whether trump and Putin were in bed together.

LongTermGuy
04-23-2018, 09:15 AM
It was said at the beginning of this witch hunt, that mueller had a license to do anything.. That it wasn't limited to whether trump and Putin were in bed together.

"​In the beginning ..I should of thought things out"

https://cdn3.i-scmp.com/sites/default/files/images/methode/2017/07/26/09697eda-71cf-11e7-9a9a-a7d2083b6658_1320x770_150921.jpg