PDA

View Full Version : I hope she sues and gets tens of millions of dollars

darin
04-24-2018, 04:02 AM
Startbucks is run by spineless jerks who throw their employees under the buss to appease bad people.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/04/21/starbucks-manager-accused-of-racism-is-probably-has-defamation-claim/

The former Starbucks manager who called the police on two non-paying black customers earlier this month may have a good case for bringing a defamation suit against the coffee company.

In numerous public statements, Starbucks and its CEO Kevin Johnson have gone out of their way to imply that the female manager, identified in media reports as Holly Hylton, was acting on subconscious racial motivations when she told the loitering customers to either buy a beverage or get out of her store. Crucially, Starbucks has also strongly implied that, as a factual matter, the manager violated company policy.

Defamation law varies by state, but the gist is simple: Negligently saying, or implying, something that is provably false about a private person constitutes actionable defamation, as long as the statement harms the victim’s reputation.

In Pennsylvania, where the incident occurred, defamation is governed by 42 § 8343. The statute is a typical defamation law, and it puts the burden on the plaintiff to show, among other things, that the statement was made about the plaintiff, was false, and caused damages.

Johnson has called the manager’s conduct “reprehensible” and ordered a shutdown of its US stores for training to address “implicit bias, promote conscious inclusion, prevent discrimination and ensure everyone inside a Starbucks store feels safe and welcome.”

On its official Twitter account, Starbucks tweeted Tuesday: “We’re taking a hard look at who we are as a company. We’re ashamed & recognize that racial bias is a problem we must address.” The company added: “There are countless examples of implicit bias resulting in discrimination against people of color, both in and outside our stores.”

And a Starbucks spokesperson has said that “in this situation, the police never should have been called.”

A reasonable person would conclude that Starbucks is calling Hylton, at best, an unwitting racist. Additionally, and perhaps more importantly, Starbucks is saying its manager failed to follow store policy as a factual matter.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-24-2018, 05:23 AM
Startbucks is run by spineless jerks who throw their employees under the buss to appease bad people.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/04/21/starbucks-manager-accused-of-racism-is-probably-has-defamation-claim/

The employee was most likely just carrying out store policy to insure safety of its customers.
Of course the liberal policy of anytime blacks are offended the white person is automatically guilty of racism is in play and
this lady is a victim of that mandated injustice.
Blacks love this crap. They get to scream for freebies at every turn and can easily lead a person to question them by their behavior in public.
I've seen stores in malls here in the South totally ignore actions taken by blacks that would have gotten a white person tossed out or jailed.
You see it is this kind of injustice that makes some of us sick at our stomach and we are damn tired of it..
They are not special and damn sure deserve no damn --"special rights""..... And "special rights" is exactly what they are given over and over again--simply because they cry like ffing babies!!!--Tyr

FakeNewsSux
04-24-2018, 10:22 AM
The sweet part of the story is that the former manager herself is a hardcore, woke, social justice warrior. I'm sure that the reason no statement has been issued about any type of lawsuit against Starbucks is that she must be so conflicted about confronting such a socially aware corporation. Gotta love it when they eat their own.

Abbey Marie
04-24-2018, 10:52 AM
I was just in a coffee shop in DC, where an employee just started talking to us about our visit. She went out of her way to be friendly and helpful. We were sitting there with a coffee. We did buy stuff, but mostly we were just biding our time before our next activity.
The employee was black, and the shop was a Starbucks.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-24-2018, 11:42 AM
I've never been in a Starbucks in my life. Don't plan on it either. Ain't any of them around these parts anyway.

pizza_pablo
04-24-2018, 02:56 PM
Was that an electrical bus?