PDA

View Full Version : North, South Korea Commit to Denuclearisation in Historic Summit

jimnyc
04-27-2018, 10:01 AM
Well, this is certainly off to a better start than I could have imagined. They agreed to complete denuclearization and to end their war. That is historic, and Trump is going to get credit, and hopefully the Nobel with it. ;) Because as he points out, what did we give up for it? Nothing.

---

North, South Korea Commit to Denuclearisation in Historic Summit

(AFP) — The leaders of North and South Korea agreed Friday to pursue a permanent peace and the complete denuclearisation of the divided peninsula, as they embraced after a historic summit laden with symbolism.

In a day of bonhomie including a highly symbolic handshake over the Military Demarcation Line that divides the two countries, the pair issued a declaration on “the common goal of realising, through complete denuclearisation, a nuclear-free Korean peninsula”.

Upon signing the document, the two leaders shared a warm embrace, the culmination of a summit filled with smiles and displays of friendship in front of the world’s media.

They also agreed that they would this year seek a permanent end to the Korean War, 65 years after the hostilities ended in an armistice rather than a peace treaty.

Moon would visit Pyongyang in “the fall”, the two leaders said, also agreeing to hold “regular meetings and direct telephone conversations”.

The so-called Panmunjom Declaration capped an extraordinary day unthinkable only months ago, as the nuclear-armed North carried out a series of missile launches and its sixth atomic blast.

Kim said he was “filled with emotion” after stepping over the concrete blocks into the South, making him the first North Korean leader to set foot there since the shooting stopped in the Korean War.

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2018/04/27/north-south-korea-commit-denuclearisation-historic-summit/

AP ‘Fact Checker’ Humiliated After North Korea Announces Plans to Denuclearize

TEL AVIV — In an article published by major U.S. newspapers, the Associated Press last Sunday claimed Donald Trump was inaccurate when he tweeted that day that North Korea had agreed to “denuclearization” ahead of a future summit between himself and Kim Jong Un.

Today, Trump’s tweet was proven to be true when the North Korean leader and South Korean President Moon Jae-in both signed a joint statement that specifically agreed to “complete denuclearization.”

“The South and the North confirmed their joint goal of realizing a Korean Peninsula free of nuclear weapons through complete denuclearization,” reads the statement.

The statement was vague and did not offer specifics on “complete denuclearization”, but the declaration nonetheless represents the shifting of the tectonic plates on the Peninsula after nearly six decades of war.

And the specific phraseology proves Trump’s tweet below about “denuclearization” to be accurate.

https://i.imgur.com/OjsVMdg.png

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2018/04/27/ap-fact-checker-humiliated-north-korea-announces-plans-denuclearize/

Another Trump Miracle: North Korea and South Korea Meet to Bring “Peace to the Peninsula”

A few months ago the media was saying that President Trump was fast creating World War III.

Today the two Korean Leaders met to end the Korean War and to negotiate a complete Korean denuclearization.

Today in Asia comes the biggest news in 60 years –

The leaders of North and South Korea have pledged to jointly eliminate the risk of war and work together to achieve complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

The joint statement Friday, from the border truce village of Panmunjom, concluded a historic one-day bilateral summit aimed at achieving peace between the two adversarial nations for the first time in more than sixty years. The meeting of the Korean leaders was the first in more than a decade.

The statement was released during the signing of a pact between South Korean President Moon Jae-In and his North Korean counterpart Kim Jong Un seeking to establish a “permanent” and “solid” peace on the Peninsula.

Rest - http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/04/another-trump-miracle-north-korea-and-south-korea-meet-to-bring-peace-to-korean-peninsula/

Elessar
04-27-2018, 10:20 AM
That, on the surface, is excellent news and should make some anti-Trumpers button their lips a while.

Of course, some will find another issue to whine about.

Yet I have to wonder if the collapse of the North's nuclear testing 'caves' lent a bit toward
the gesture of denuclearization!

Drummond
04-27-2018, 06:19 PM
That, on the surface, is excellent news and should make some anti-Trumpers button their lips a while.

Yet I have to wonder if the collapse of the North's nuclear testing 'caves' lent a bit toward

Maybe so. But then again, I have to believe Trump's uncompromising 'in your face' approach to the threat N Korea posed, was the deciding factor. I think Jong-Un's advisers couldn't advise him to continue with any belligerence and give him hope that Trump would fold.

What we've seen is the successful facing-down of an inflated, 'pipsqueak' ego. With realism, bitter or otherwise on the Korean side, winning through.

Kathianne
04-27-2018, 06:28 PM

I've been pumped about this, IF it comes to pass, from the get go. I haven't a problem giving credit when due.

Abbey Marie
04-27-2018, 08:04 PM
What we are seeing here are the first fruits of Big Stick Diplomacy, courtesy of Donald Trump.

Is he a fan of Teddy?

hjmick
04-27-2018, 08:07 PM
It ain't over until the fat North Korean sings... or actually follows through with his promises.

Good thing he's proven himself so trustworthy...

Russ
04-27-2018, 08:08 PM
I've been pumped about this, IF it comes to pass, from the get go. I haven't a problem giving credit when due.

CNN and the Dems would rather drop dead than give Trump any credit for this. (I'd be happy if they did either one, actually)

I'd bet money right now that both CNN and the Dems will credit South Korea, North Korea, China, Jim Comey, Hillary and Obama before they give Trump the slightest bit of credit.

aboutime
04-27-2018, 08:08 PM
What we are seeing here are the first fruits of Big Stick Diplomacy, courtesy of Donald Trump.

Is he a fan of Teddy?

http://s1.dmcdn.net/Nroz2/1280x720-dJD.jpg

But TRUMP doesn't SPEAK SOFTLY....ask Maxine The Witch WATERS.

Abbey Marie
04-27-2018, 08:13 PM
CNN and the Dems would rather drop dead than give Trump any credit for this. (I'd be happy if they did either one, actually)

I'd bet money right now that both CNN and the Dems will credit South Korea, North Korea, China, Jim Comey, Hillary and Obama before they give Trump the slightest bit of credit.

:laugh2:

Don't forget Oprah and Cookie Monster. I'm sure they had a hand in it, too. (Wait, could they the same person?!)

hjmick
04-27-2018, 08:15 PM

Is he a fan of Teddy?

Is it that? Or is it more likely someone has wised him up to the reality of continued isolation? Has someone convinced him of the realities of continuing down his father's path and shown him photographs of Nicolae Ceaușescu? Did someone sit him down and explain to him that some day, probably sooner rather than later, the military would side with the people?

I don't know, but I find it unlikely that Trump's Twitter war with the little guy had as much influence as people think...

But then again, we know little to nothing of what may have been going on in the background...

High_Plains_Drifter
04-27-2018, 09:59 PM
I don't know... I'm ever the skeptic... the pie face bad hair cut idiot has an angle and we haven't heard it yet. He wants something out of this. We just don't know what it is yet. He might be doing all this in advance of Trump's visit just so he can make deal out of something Trump says and try and demonize him, and then go right back to making rockets... IDK... it's all too GOOD right now... I want to see how this plays out. I think this because I think the last thing the fat boy wants is for his people to actually FIND OUT what they've been MISSING, for them to get the INTERNET, for them to see how the REST of the world has been living and see how BAD they've had it for so many DECADES. They might just get PISSED OFF at fat boy and want him GONE... so... we'll see... if NOKO opens up to the rest of the world... it's going to be a massive SHOCK to the people.

Kathianne
04-27-2018, 10:54 PM
Is it that? Or is it more likely someone has wised him up to the reality of continued isolation? Has someone convinced him of the realities of continuing down his father's path and shown him photographs of Nicolae Ceaușescu? Did someone sit him down and explain to him that some day, probably sooner rather than later, the military would side with the people?

I don't know, but I find it unlikely that Trump's Twitter war with the little guy had as much influence as people think...

But then again, we know little to nothing of what may have been going on in the background...

I tend to agree with you, but think that the mountain really was collapsing and China brought pressure to bear may have pushed him to the table. I'm not sure that he won't decide down the road to resume in another location.

On the other hand, I do think the 'crazy tweets' likely did worry China and other nations, he's unpredictable. I haven't changed my mind about his being unsuitable for office, but that doesn't mean that some things may work out the way I want.

All of this has happened since Trump took office: the likely partial collapse after the last test; the crazy tweets on many topics, including NK and name calling; China being seriously concerned about both NK and Trump and likely radioactive fallout from that mountain testing site.

Abbey Marie
04-28-2018, 12:01 AM

Of course we don't and can't know everything that goes on at these high levels. I base my thoughts on this fairly logical connection: NK has been unwilling to budge for a long time. We haven't had a tough-talking President like Trump in a long time. Worlds have collided. Sometimes things are what they seem. I hope things go well, but we will see.

jimnyc
04-28-2018, 06:54 AM

I tend to agree with you, but think that the mountain really was collapsing and China brought pressure to bear may have pushed him to the table. I'm not sure that he won't decide down the road to resume in another location.

On the other hand, I do think the 'crazy tweets' likely did worry China and other nations, he's unpredictable. I haven't changed my mind about his being unsuitable for office, but that doesn't mean that some things may work out the way I want.

All of this has happened since Trump took office: the likely partial collapse after the last test; the crazy tweets on many topics, including NK and name calling; China being seriously concerned about both NK and Trump and likely radioactive fallout from that mountain testing site.

Let's not forget Pompeo's visit. How many other sitting presidents have sent a director to North Korea to have a sitdown chat with fatboy? I think Trump had MORE to do with this than the outside factors.

jimnyc
04-28-2018, 08:54 AM
Absolutely, there are still a lot of if's and a lot of things to wait and see what they do. But "if"...

---

Lindsey Graham: Trump Will Deserve Nobel Peace Prize if North Korea Denuclearizes

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) said Friday that his former rival, President Trump, should get the Nobel Peace Prize if North and South Korea decide to denuclearize and become peaceful neighbors again.

"It wouldn't have happened without Trump," Graham said on Fox News this morning. "It may not happen, but it's the biggest change since the end of the hostilities."

He continued: "What happened? Donald Trump convinced North Korea and China he was serious about bringing about change. We're not there yet, but if this happens, President Trump deserves the Nobel Peace Prize."

Graham said he was glad Trump didn't listen to the advice of all those who had failed before him.

"He has convinced North Korea, you've got two options. You can become a normal country or we will take you down if you keep trying to build missiles to hit the American homeland," he said. "And I think they convinced North Korea and China that Trump is serious."

Graham warned that the worst thing North Korean leader Kim Jong Un could do is "to play Trump."

"To go through all these motions and go back to the old way of doing business. Donald Trump will not tolerate being played," he said. "We're either going to have peace, or we're going to have a war now because Kim Jong Un has made a mistake if he's not serious -- and that's playing Trump."

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/video/lindsey-graham-trump-will-deserve-nobel-peace-prize-if-north-korea-denuclearizes/

pete311
04-28-2018, 09:08 AM
At the moment it's all pageantry, although historic. Remember north korea has met the south korean leader a few times in the past 20 years and also made promises to denuclearize in the past too. I think in 2004 and 2007. North Korea is crafty and cruel. To think they have had a sudden change of heart is unlikely. What is in it for them? Initially they said they didn't need to test anymore because they had the bomb ready. They are playing a game. The details of any agreement will be monstrously difficult to hammer out. Exactly how do we ensure there isn't a secret bunker or testing program? North Korea is unlikely to allow open access to the country. However, if by some miracle north korea has turned a new leaf then yeah give Trump the prize. I still won't vote for him in 2020 though.

Kathianne
04-28-2018, 09:14 AM
Tons of stories on this the past few days, but it was reported as possible after seismic readings when the last test done. China could be recipient of nuclear fallout.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/384756-report-north-korea-nuclear-test-site-largely-unusable

jimnyc
04-28-2018, 09:15 AM
At the moment it's all pageantry, although historic. Remember north korea has met the south korean leader a few times in the past 20 years and also made promises to denuclearize in the past too. I think in 2004 and 2007. North Korea is crafty and cruel. To think they have had a sudden change of heart is unlikely. What is in it for them? Initially they said they didn't need to test anymore because they had the bomb ready. They are playing a game. The details of any agreement will be monstrously difficult to hammer out. Exactly how do we ensure there isn't a secret bunker or testing program? North Korea is unlikely to allow open access to the country. However, if by some miracle north korea has turned a new leaf then yeah give Trump the prize. I still won't vote for him in 2020 though.

First, thanks for more than one sentence, and for not getting personal. :) I love these posts.

I agree, at the moment it's nothing. But it's way more than we have ever seen before. They agreed to this crap and signed things, of course that might not be worth the very ink before it dried. But if it does, that's historic. The end of the war, and getting rid of nukes. While I think Trump would deserve a huge amount of credit - them 2 alone, meeting and making decisions, get the ultimate credit.

Imagine of they opened North Korea up? Can you imagine the people? The amount of wealth that they could get, somewhat normalize, and perhaps folks can stop eating grass! I don't expect the heavy foot to stop, but getting a little looser would be nice. No threats would be nice. Loosen sanctions and let them thrive would be nice. But it's in their hands now, see if they follow through. I know he's done weird shit before, but this one feels different. I have no doubt that he has some stuff up his little pudgy sleeves, if he still does the shit he says, then let the fat little bastard profit some. Hell, he'll be historic too for the one finally bringing NK freedom. But yes, all big ifs.

jimnyc
04-28-2018, 09:22 AM
I'm sure things not going right with a particular nuclear installation made the decision easier, the ball was rolling and the visit from Pompeo already having taken place. Granted, fat boy may have shrugged his shoulders and not agreed to crap, but sounds like things were going in the very direction they are now, prior to this accident in NK.

Additionally, I believe they have quite a few installations, and this one alone wouldn't have stopped them. Most of them are underground, but I believe we still know where they all are.

I can't find it right now, but I saw a map once that showed all of the sites, I'll have to search for it now.

Kathianne
04-28-2018, 09:34 AM
I'm sure things not going right with a particular nuclear installation made the decision easier, the ball was rolling and the visit from Pompeo already having taken place. Granted, fat boy may have shrugged his shoulders and not agreed to crap, but sounds like things were going in the very direction they are now, prior to this accident in NK.

Additionally, I believe they have quite a few installations, and this one alone wouldn't have stopped them. Most of them are underground, but I believe we still know where they all are.

I can't find it right now, but I saw a map once that showed all of the sites, I'll have to search for it now.

I'm all for giving Trump and Pompeo all credit where deserved. The problem with the mountain though predates the Olympics amd any talks of rapprochement. What did occur was rocketman being summoned to Beijing afyer the test and seismic readings.

jimnyc
04-28-2018, 09:38 AM
I'm all for giving Trump and Pompeo all credit where deserved. The problem with the mountain though predates the Olympics amd any talks of rapprochement. What did occur was rocketman being summoned to Beijing afyer the test and seismic readings.

There are still tons and tons of nuclear sites, nuclear installations and missile sites. This may have been there "best" facility, but they have like 15 more areas around NK that are potentially problematic, and would be huge if they were to all be shut down.

Don't get me wrong, one of them is better than none of them going down. But their nuclear crap is riddled all over their country, and likely on purpose, in case they were to be bombed or whatever. And most underground, so very difficult to learn an awful lot about.

So one mountain is great - but the entire range of mountains going down would be historic.

jimnyc
04-28-2018, 09:51 AM
North Korea's nuclear ambitions met their match in President Donald Trump

It is a dangerous world, dominated by outsized personalities who act aggressively on behalf of their nations, including not hesitating to threaten — and even engage in — war.

Fortunately, one is President Donald Trump.

Another is North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un, who with his developing nuclear arsenal represents the most imminent threat to the United States. In a landmark meeting Friday with South Korean President Moon Jae-in, the two agreed there would be "no more war" on the Korean peninsula and also committed to work towards denuclearization. But Kim's South Korean charm offensive will only get him so far — because now he has to deal with Trump.

History — and in particular, the American voter — has a way of calling forth the right person to lead at the right time. Trump is a flawed man — self-indulgent, megalomaniacal, a bit paranoid, driven by self-interest and implacably domineering. But these “flaws” also make him a big character, and as he prepares to confront Kim and the other great tyrants of the age, Americans can feel assured that they have chosen the right man for the moment.

Not too long ago, the struggles among great nations were defined by ideology, as democracy and communism competed for allegiance around the world. During that age, a relatively non-ideological, nonintellectual man like Trump might have had trouble understanding the thinking animating Russian and Chinese communists, hampering his ability to confront them. But with realpolitik and raw ambition supreme, Trump is the man for this current age of crisis.

The president will have no problem understanding the motivations of Kim and the other tyrants he faces, including Russian President Vladimir Putin, newly anointed Chinese President-for-life Xi Jinping and Iranian supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. And Trump has the outsized strength of personality to combat them — unlike any of his rivals in the 2016 presidential election.

Republican voters were offered several “nice” alternatives who were raised to be respectful, yet they chose the guy who’d wipe his mouth off with your tie. Then the general public concurred.

To fully appreciate Trump’s forcefulness, just think of the roster of strong, accomplished and even feared individuals he has crushed over the past two years. Men — and one woman in particular — whom he pulverized.

Trump adeptly diminished and rattled his opponents with what critics deemed to be crude putdowns. But Trump understood from a lifetime of primordial struggle in business and a successful career in personal branding that these labels would have lasting and damaging effect.

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio became “Little Marco,” a name he may never live down and that might actually harm his chances to ever be president. Knocked off stride, Rubio rolled in the gutter with Trump — who no doubt welcomed him there — commenting obscenely on the size of Trump’s hands.

Rest - https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/north-korea-s-nuclear-ambitions-met-their-match-president-donald-ncna868831

Kathianne
04-28-2018, 09:53 AM
There are still tons and tons of nuclear sites, nuclear installations and missile sites. This may have been there "best" facility, but they have like 15 more areas around NK that are potentially problematic, and would be huge if they were to all be shut down.

Don't get me wrong, one of them is better than none of them going down. But their nuclear crap is riddled all over their country, and likely on purpose, in case they were to be bombed or whatever. And most underground, so very difficult to learn an awful lot about.

So one mountain is great - but the entire range of mountains going down would be historic.

Shutting down nuclear would be great, but that one mountain is a disaster in all likelihood. So far it appears to have contained www hatever is within.

Likely China has said, "enough! " They are in a very bad location.

Abbey Marie
04-28-2018, 09:54 AM
It was his insults towards Rubio and Carly that I disliked most.

jimnyc
04-28-2018, 09:58 AM
Shutting down nuclear would be great, but that one mountain is a disaster in all likelihood. So far it appears to have contained www hatever is within.

Likely China has said, "enough! " They are in a very bad location.

No doubt this disaster was worse than anyone knew about. And pushback from China, no doubt, will also play a huge role in what Kim does. I think their support is really all that kept them going. I think he knows that if they bow out, then they really are fucked. So this choice, is better than that avenue.

No doubt he wants concessions, and he may even fight some in what he gives back for them. I think the testing stopping should be priority #1. Then shuttering their program. Of course peace in the Korean War sounds has a nice sound to it as well!! LOTS of players involved here in making things happen, and will take many many more to continue and see it through.

The truth is though, for NK, that their country can be so so much better if they regularize relations around the world, get some trade going, and some help for their people, and then let them succeed even further. It CAN be a decent country.

jimnyc
04-28-2018, 10:26 AM
This is a great and positive and inspirational article to read, and hopefully things will continue like they did.

---

With Hug and Handshakes, North Korea's Smiling Kim Lightens Summit Mood

The golden doors on the stately North Korean building swung open and leader Kim Jong Un, in a black Mao suit and surrounded by a gaggle of officials, descended steps towards the border.
Not since the 1950-53 Korean War had a North Korean leader set foot on South Korean soil.

With a smile, Kim stretched out his hand toward a waiting, and smiling, South Korean President Moon Jae-in, who stood between the squat, blue buildings that straddle the border at Panmunjom.

The village is one of the few places where there are no barbed wire fences or minefields between the two countries, separated by a conflict that ended with a truce, not a treaty, in 1953, meaning they are still technically at war.

"I was excited to meet at this historic place and it is really moving that you came all the way to the demarcation line to greet me in person," Kim said as he grasped Moon's hand across the border.

"It was your big decision to make it here," said Moon, dressed in a dark suit and light blue tie, who invited Kim to step over the line in the pavement, which he did.

That's something Kim's grandfather, the North Korean regime's founding leader Kim Il Sung, or his father, Kim Jong Il, never did.

Two previous summits between leaders of the Koreas, in 2000 and 2007, were in Pyongyang, the North's capital.

Shaking hands again, Moon, 65, and Kim, 34, turned to face photographers in the North, and then the South, before Kim grabbed Moon's hand and, in an unplanned move, invited him to step across the border into the North, where they stood face-to-face to talk a bit more.

Kim said he felt a "swirl of emotion" as he walked the short distance to the border, wondering "why it took so long", he told Moon later, at the beginning of their meeting.

Rest - https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/nkorea-skorea-summit-kim-jong-un/2018/04/27/id/857152/

jimnyc
04-28-2018, 10:53 AM
South Korea Credits President Trump for Historic Peace Talks with North Korean Regime

On Friday the the two Korean Leaders met for peace talks to end the Korean War and to negotiate the complete Korean denuclearization of the Korean peninsula.

This was a historic moment.

https://i.imgur.com/nuydhij.png

The South Korean government credited President Trump for the talk with the North.

South Korean Foreign Minister Kang Kyung-wha told CNN’s Amanpour, “He’s been determined to come to grips with this from day one.”

Trump promised to confront the North Korean threat months ago.

https://i.imgur.com/vJ2dpD5.png

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/04/south-korea-credits-president-trump-for-historic-peace-talks-with-north-korean-regime/

Black Diamond
04-28-2018, 11:22 AM
South Korea Credits President Trump for Historic Peace Talks with North Korean Regime

On Friday the the two Korean Leaders met for peace talks to end the Korean War and to negotiate the complete Korean denuclearization of the Korean peninsula.

This was a historic moment.

https://i.imgur.com/nuydhij.png

The South Korean government credited President Trump for the talk with the North.

South Korean Foreign Minister Kang Kyung-wha told CNN’s Amanpour, “He’s been determined to come to grips with this from day one.”

Trump promised to confront the North Korean threat months ago.

https://i.imgur.com/vJ2dpD5.png

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/04/south-korea-credits-president-trump-for-historic-peace-talks-with-north-korean-regime/
Left will side with rocket man more than they already have.

jimnyc
04-28-2018, 11:29 AM
Left will side with rocket man more than they already have.

And that's fine, all I care about are whatever facts/events that unfold. Will they stop testing. Will they work with others to get rid of their nuke program. Will they form a long lasting peace with the South. And will they normalize negotiations. Hell, if he does some of that stuff, then let them say or do whatever. :)

Black Diamond
04-28-2018, 11:38 AM
And that's fine, all I care about are whatever facts/events that unfold. Will they stop testing. Will they work with others to get rid of their nuke program. Will they form a long lasting peace with the South. And will they normalize negotiations. Hell, if he does some of that stuff, then let them say or do whatever. :)
Wasn't there a hint of it at the Olympics ?

NightTrain
04-28-2018, 12:25 PM
Trump portraying himself as unpredictable is what put the fear of God into the little fat nutjob. It's a strategy that has been used to great effect throughout history, and Twitter makes it even more effective.

Kim also has striven to portray himself as wildly unpredictable and the stories of his ruthlessness were deliberately leaked, IMO, to strike fear into the hearts of his neighbors.

I think the tipping point for Kim suddenly playing nice was the last pummeling of Syria. Russia has their top-tier air defense systems deployed, manned by competent Russian crews and still failed to shoot down even ONE of the missiles. Russia was told they were coming and not intercepting even 1 of the 105 non-stealthy missiles with their latest and greatest is a pretty scary scenario when all you have is a couple 1960-era AA systems in place. Observing what happened in Syria and then remembering all the nuclear threats recently issued would terrify anyone with the IQ of a grapefruit. While he's shaped like one, he's no grapefruit.

Trump demonstrated that very serious threats issued publicly by Russia wasn't enough to dissuade him from beating up Syria - and he did it without repercussions. If Trump dismissed Russian threats and continued anyway, a Chinese warning against attacking NK certainly wouldn't carry any weight with him. There's also the bonus of Britain and France joining in as well, so it's not just America administering the beating.

I suspect China saw what happened and summoned him to take his train over, sat him down and told him he was going to be completely on his own when the Tomahawks & F22s came for him.

Trump has more leverage with China over trade than any other historical President because he called their bluff with a willingness to enter into a trade war that would devastate China - and they've really gotten fond of those billions that roll in from trade lately. Portraying themselves as a peace broker with NK surely carries many bonus points with Trump, and they could use some goodwill in the White House right now.

Plus, I don't think the scenario involving a bombed out nuke test site and facilities a hundred miles away across the border would seem very attractive to the Chinese either, so there's a bit more incentive.

That being said, I still have my doubts that NK is being forthright here. Time will show us if this is just another ploy in a very long list of deceptive peace signals.

If this does pan out, though, Trump absolutely deserves 100% credit for it.

Elessar
04-28-2018, 12:36 PM

I am quite positive that we do. That and all of the bunkers hiding conventional missiles and artillery pieces.

Gunny
04-28-2018, 01:09 PM
I don't know... I'm ever the skeptic... the pie face bad hair cut idiot has an angle and we haven't heard it yet. He wants something out of this. We just don't know what it is yet. He might be doing all this in advance of Trump's visit just so he can make deal out of something Trump says and try and demonize him, and then go right back to making rockets... IDK... it's all too GOOD right now... I want to see how this plays out. I think this because I think the last thing the fat boy wants is for his people to actually FIND OUT what they've been MISSING, for them to get the INTERNET, for them to see how the REST of the world has been living and see how BAD they've had it for so many DECADES. They might just get PISSED OFF at fat boy and want him GONE... so... we'll see... if NOKO opens up to the rest of the world... it's going to be a massive SHOCK to the people.Hell, I'm glad you said something. I thought it was just me.

That little fucker has orchestrated this whole thing. Here's what he gets. To give up shit he doesn't have for a lifting of trade restrictions. What do we get? To talk shit until next time. I feel better already:rolleyes: The Kim's have been pulling this shit since before I was born. Same stupid game, same stupid ending.

Everyone is so busy looking at the King no one's watching the bishops.

This the biggest PR coup since Clinton for NK. I hope it works and everyone is happy. If the Kims stick to their 30 year schedule I plan on being in that great Florida Key in the sky next time around.

Kathianne
04-28-2018, 01:20 PM
The last test was before Olympics, Pompeo visit, etc.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/13/latest-north-korea-earthquake-a-sign-of-instability-at-nuclear-test-site-experts.html

jimnyc
04-28-2018, 01:46 PM
Hell, I'm glad you said something. I thought it was just me.

That little fucker has orchestrated this whole thing. Here's what he gets. To give up shit he doesn't have for a lifting of trade restrictions. What do we get? To talk shit until next time. I feel better already:rolleyes: The Kim's have been pulling this shit since before I was born. Same stupid game, same stupid ending.

Everyone is so busy looking at the King no one's watching the bishops.

This the biggest PR coup since Clinton for NK. I hope it works and everyone is happy. If the Kims stick to their 30 year schedule I plan on being in that great Florida Key in the sky next time around.

They would be stupid to give any concessions until certain goals are achieved. No results, nothing changes.

The last test was before Olympics, Pompeo visit, etc.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/13/latest-north-korea-earthquake-a-sign-of-instability-at-nuclear-test-site-experts.html

While it may have helped their decision, I don't think this makes any difference really at all.

Kathianne
04-28-2018, 03:24 PM
They would be stupid to give any concessions until certain goals are achieved. No results, nothing changes.

While it may have helped their decision, I don't think this makes any difference really at all.

That's what I'm saying, that the country is so much about 'win' that each side is purposefully blind to any good things done or events that more than 'help' make good things happen.

The left doesn't look at anything that has been accomplished, indeed they are totally into 'resist' and impeach. Those on the train just have a chip mountain bolder on their shoulder and it's only Trump that is capable of anything good and have ready excuses for less than stellar decisions.

The whole NK thing, if it does come to pass, will be one of the largest, if not the largest accomplishment of his administration, whether one or two terms. Regardless of what anyone says, he'll get the credit. To ignore the events prior, to ignore what China likely demanded of the scumbag, is to actually paint a false front on something that I'm not sure another president could have done. Just like false accusations wash out in the long term, so does false praise.

aboutime
04-28-2018, 07:12 PM
Most of us know already. Trump is doing a great job, and service to the nation despite the hatred for him from everybody connected to the Democrat/Obama/Hillary/Dnc Cartel designed to destroy America from within.
We should all remember...The Democrats/Liberals/Leftists/Progressives/Trump Haters/Socialists/Snoflakes/BLM/Communists of America DO NOT WANT TRUMP TO SUCCEED...Even if he gets a real PEACE in the Korean Penninsula. Like Dems wouldn't be happy if Trump Defeated CANCER.

Their hatred has been deeply embedded in our Schools, Colleges, and Dependents on Monthly Checks from the Government...that replace actual Work.

Gunny
04-28-2018, 07:53 PM

While it may have helped their decision, I don't think this makes any difference really at all.So, first off, this is not personal. It pisses me off to even say that. How much money and time for what goal? NK is still a shit hole and will remain one. When they need more money, they're going to do this again.

Honestly? I didn't think the fat little dink had it in him. One enemy totally underestimated by the guns. That's fatal in the field. I figured he was too stupid. And playing stupid has gotten him exactly where he is. Winning. You're only going to last so long on MY chess board.

If I cared,I got money says he pulls the same BS in 20 years. Works for him. But this is about Trump, right? He's the stooge in the game.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-28-2018, 07:57 PM
At some point today in my channel surfing while doing house chores, I heard on the news that fat Kimmy will demand, HANDS OFF HIS REGIME. There's what will kill these talks right there, because you can bet Trump will demand more human rights.

I don't see this thing being able to work if pie face wants to retain total power over the NOKO people, to be able to snatch them and make them disappear at will.

Not to mention, if NOKO actually gets ELECTRICITY, and dare say, THE INTERNET, the people are going to find out that the rest of the world has passed them by and they're living in the STONE AGE, and their SOKO neighbors have it a LOT better than they do, just miles away.

I see a seismic shift, it won't play out in fat boys favor if the NOKO people have an awakening. UN knows this too, so he's not going to do anything that will jeopardize his grip on NOKO.

Gunny
04-28-2018, 07:59 PM
Most of us know already. Trump is doing a great job, and service to the nation despite the hatred for him from everybody connected to the Democrat/Obama/Hillary/Dnc Cartel designed to destroy America from within.
We should all remember...The Democrats/Liberals/Leftists/Progressives/Trump Haters/Socialists/Snoflakes/BLM/Communists of America DO NOT WANT TRUMP TO SUCCEED...Even if he gets a real PEACE in the Korean Penninsula. Like Dems wouldn't be happy if Trump Defeated CANCER.

Their hatred has been deeply embedded in our Schools, Colleges, and Dependents on Monthly Checks from the Government...that replace actual Work.I hope you breathed. What she said. And her backup is your worst nightmare.

Make a difference. This doesn't.

Gunny
04-28-2018, 08:24 PM
Thinking about what has been said, I'm thinking if I didi down to the stream and get a cup of water, then treat it with iodine I might not get the plague. Y'all give a crap about some useless and weird shit.

Russ
04-29-2018, 01:05 PM
Here are the likely factors that have moved NK to the point where they are talking about denuclearization:

1. Trump has pushed and gotten strict economic sanctions against NK. In particular, he recently got sanctions that are preventing NK from doing ship-to-ship transfers of oil and coal that skirted the previous sanctions. Without the oil and coal, NK's economy is grinding to a halt.
2. Trump is not following the Obama "strategically do nothing" policy. Trump clearly was never going to relax sanctions, or send Kim Jong Un a plane full of cash like Obama sent to Iran, unless NK actually conceded things.
3. Trump was willing to meet with Kim Jong Un. Trump announcing that we would attend a meeting with Un, and Mike Pompeio actually doing a meeting, are major steps, imho.
4. Trump's tariffs on China goods is a bargaining chip that got China to be a more active against NK.
5. NK people, including NK army troops, are literally starving. NK for months has been allowing members of the army to take time of from duties to go forage for food. This is because existing sanctions are preventing food imports, plus NK can't grow its own food.
6. NK's main nuclear test site is ruined and could create a catastrophe if it is used any more, which is also getting China to be more active against NK.

Of these 6 factors, Trump is responsible for 1-4, plus partially responsible for 5. Any arguments saying reason #6 is the only reason NK is at the negotiating table are clearly based on a desire to not credit Trump no matter what.

You can say that NK is playing everyone, but if an agreement is actually reached you can't say that any more.

If an agreement is actually reached that includes NK denuclearizing, then I think it is the biggest foreign policy achievement by an American President since the Berlin wall coming down, or possibly the Cuban missile crisis.

By the way, I don't think Trump would care about a Nobel Peace Prize. They gave one to Gore for making a movie, and they gave one to Obama for nothing at all.

pete311
04-29-2018, 02:58 PM
You can say that NK is playing everyone, but if an agreement is actually reached you can't say that any more.

If an agreement is actually reached that includes NK denuclearizing, then I think it is the biggest foreign policy achievement by an American President since the Berlin wall coming down, or possibly the Cuban missile crisis.

By the way, I don't think Trump would care about a Nobel Peace Prize. They gave one to Gore for making a movie, and they gave one to Obama for nothing at all.

An agreement that satisfies all parties is an immensely tall order. In my eyes the Kim regime is over then as he's likely to get assassinated by someone from the inside. You guys need to be careful cashing checks that you know can easily bounce. I agree with your second statement. Disagree with last statement. Trump would ride that prize like stormy daniels.

jimnyc
04-29-2018, 03:29 PM
An agreement that satisfies all parties is an immensely tall order. In my eyes the Kim regime is over then as he's likely to get assassinated by someone from the inside. You guys need to be careful cashing checks that you know can easily bounce. I agree with your second statement. Disagree with last statement. Trump would ride that prize like stormy daniels.

No concessions unless the fat kid follows through.

I agree it's a tall order, especially when it's him that we have to lay our hat on. I do think various areas will be successful, or I hope they do. Other areas will be a harder wait and see.

I think they can achieve ending the long held war between the 2 countries of South and North Korea. If his words are true, and he allows inspectors others he has promised, and starts ramping things down, that's good, but each individual piece will be a long part of the puzzle, and a very long process. But the immediate should be ending the war, stopping ALL testing & starting to allow outsiders in to ensure the dismantling happens. -- If they can achieve that, that alone would be huge, and worthy of helping them or lifting just a few things. I would make them earn things back bit by bit as they dismantle. Not a damn thing for nothing.

And assure him, that if played, and he returns to his ways, then so do all the sanctions instantly.

As for the interior of NK, that's a different ballgame altogether and would be a long long time of change, certainly this avenue won't be overnight. I don't believe he's going to instantly "free" the country, but I do believe he will have to release held Americans as part of any agreement, IMO. But their human rights record, that may not come so easy, and if it did happen even remotely, it would be an extremely slow release, IMO.

Drummond
04-29-2018, 04:03 PM

I don't know. N Korea has to know that all they'll claim to be doing has to be verified - so in knowing that, they must also know that they won't ultimately gain unless they permit that verification to take place.

Either they're stalling for time, for as yet an unknown reason: or, what we're seeing is on the level. If the latter -- then, indeed, you SHOULD 'give Trump the prize'.

Pete, be totally honest. Trump could hand you world peace on a platter, and still you'd never vote for him. It doesn't matter how much good Trump does in his job, you'll still oppose him. Why ? Because, YOUR people aren't in charge. All you REALLY care about is that the Left are America's masters.

jimnyc
04-29-2018, 04:42 PM
This is a good take, and I like the term "irreversible" when speaking of NK's nuke program, and what they should achieve before any types of sanctions start getting lifted.

---

North Korea must take 'irreversible' steps to denuclearization, US warns

--National security adviser: ‘We want to see evidence that it’s real’
--Secretary of state: ‘We’re not going to take promises or words’

North Korea will have to show concrete and tangible evidence it has made a strategic decision to give up nuclear weapons before any move is made to ease pressure on the regime, Donald Trump’s national security adviser, John Bolton, said on Sunday.

With a summit between Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un potentially as close as three weeks away, Bolton warned that no progress would be made without verifiable evidence of Pyongyang’s commitment to complete and “irreversible” denuclearization.

“What we want to see from them is evidence that it’s real and not just rhetoric,” he told CBS’ Face the Nation.

The famously hawkish Bolton took a notably less hardline approach than was reflected in his many disparaging remarks towards North Korea before he was brought into the White House earlier this month. In one typical comment on Fox News he made what he called a joke: “How do you know the North Korean regime is lying – answer, their lips are moving.”

Now Bolton is striking a more nuanced position. In an interview with Fox News Sunday, he stressed that the US had made no commitment to remove its military presence from the Korean peninsula and said: “There’s nobody in the Trump administration who’s starry-eyed about what’s happening here.”

He went on to say that if North Korea were willing to allow full and complete disclosure of its nuclear weapons programme coupled with international verification, “things could move quickly”.

Hopes of a breakthrough in dismantling North Korea’s nuclear weapons at a Trump-Kim summit have risen in the wake of fast-moving events. Details emerging from the office of South Korean president Moon Jae-in following his historic face-to-face encounter with Kim suggest the North Korean leader offered to allow foreign inspectors and journalists to witness nuclear decommissioning ahead of the Trump summit.

“If we maintain frequent meetings and build trust with the United States and receive promises for an end to the war and a non-aggression treaty, then why would [we] need to live in difficulty by keeping our nuclear weapons?” Kim was reported to have said.

The Trump administration is remaining noncommittal about such dramatic posturing from Kim, as the US tries to walk a hazardous path that both pursues a breakthrough and remains aware of broken promises made in the past.

We’re not going to take promises or words, we are going to look for actions and deeds

Mike Pompeo

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-korea-must-apos-irreversible-165857337.html

jimnyc
04-30-2018, 07:57 AM
South Korea's Moon: Trump Should Win the Nobel Peace Prize

South Korean President Moon Jae-in said U.S. President Donald Trump deserves a Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts to end the standoff with North Korea over its nuclear weapons program, a South Korean official said on Monday.

"President Trump should win the Nobel Peace Prize. What we need is only peace," Moon told a meeting of senior secretaries, according to a presidential Blue House official who briefed media.

Moon and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on Friday pledged to end hostilities between the two countries and work towards the "complete denuclearization" of the Korean peninsula in the first inter-Korean summit in more than a decade.

Trump is preparing for his own summit with Kim, which he said would take place in the next three to four weeks.

That upcoming meeting was the main subject of a private walk and chat that Kim and Moon had during their meeting at the border, the official said.

In January, Moon said Trump "deserves big credit for bringing about the inter-Korean talks. It could be a resulting work of the U.S.-led sanctions and pressure".

Moon's Nobel Prize comment came in response to a congratulatory message from Lee Hee-ho, the widow of late South Korean President Kim Dae-jung, in which she said Moon deserved to win the prize in recognition of his efforts, the Blue House official said.

Rest - https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/trump-nobel-peace-prize-moon-korea/2018/04/30/id/857331/

Abbey Marie
04-30-2018, 10:25 AM
Take away Obama's undeserved Nobel Peace Prize, and give one each to Trump and Moon.

NightTrain
04-30-2018, 10:30 AM
The Trump administration is remaining noncommittal about such dramatic posturing from Kim, as the US tries to walk a hazardous path that both pursues a breakthrough and remains aware of broken promises made in the past.

We’re not going to take promises or words, we are going to look for actions and deeds

Mike Pompeo

This is key. This is actual leadership.

This is what should have been done decades ago.

While I remain skeptical of NK's actual intentions, it's a relief that Trump isn't going to play football with Lucy like has been done before too many times to count.

jimnyc
04-30-2018, 03:02 PM
Another jumps in about the Nobel prize, this time from a GOP House member.

It's nice to have such discussions around the internet. But a tad early for congress. :rolleyes: Certain aspects need to be successful before moving forward, and then from there, and then from there...

But this shouldn't be anywhere near congress. All they will do is jinx the discussions!

1 - First have a dang meeting
2 - Stop all test firing
3 - Allow all inspectors
4 - Stop nuclear program
5 - Allow inspectors!
6 - Dismantle and start shipping out key pieces and storage.
7 - Dismantle and make "irreversible".
8 - Allow inspectors!

---

Rep. Blackburn: Trump Deserves Nobel Prize

Rep. Marsha Blackburn says President Donald Trump deserves a Nobel Peace Prize for his role in talks to denuclearize the Korean peninsula and end war between North Korea and South Korea.

The Tennessee Republican, who is running for the Senate, took to Twitter on Monday to quote South Korea President Moon Jae-in who stated: "President Trump should win the Nobel Peace Prize. What we need is only peace."

"I agree, President Moon Jae-In!” Blackburn said.

And in another tweet, Blackburn said: “[Trump] will be recorded as the leader who settled peace and advanced unification on the Korean Peninsula. The Nobel Peace Prize is so well deserved!”

Rest - https://www.newsmax.com/politics/blackburn-trump-nobel-prize-peace/2018/04/30/id/857445/

jimnyc
04-30-2018, 08:11 PM
Wow, this cuckoo bird too?

---

Pelosi: Trump Might Qualify for Nobel Peace Prize; ‘Let’s See How It Goes’

WASHINGTON – House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said President Trump could qualify for the Nobel Peace Prize depending on the outcome of ongoing negotiations with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.

Kim and South Korea's President Moon Jae-in met on Friday, which marked the first meeting between the leaders of the two countries in more than 10 years.

During Trump’s campaign-style rally in Washington, Mich., on Saturday, the crowd chanted “Nobel” when Trump mentioned North Korea.

Pelosi was asked for her response to some columnists who have argued that Trump could qualify for the Nobel Peace Prize if North Korea agrees to denuclearization.

“We’re a long way from that, but let’s see. There’s always an opportunity for a president of the United States to qualify. Let’s see how it goes,” Pelosi told PJM on the red carpet at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner on Saturday evening.

South Korean officials quoted Kim saying, “If we meet often and build trust with the United States, and if an end to the war and nonaggression are promised, why would we live in difficulty with nuclear weapons?”

Pelosi suggested that South Korea and the U.S. government proceed with caution in any negotiations with Kim. Trump has agreed to meet with him in person.

“Talk, talk, talk is a good idea. I’d be highly careful about the word of the North Korean president, but always hopeful,” she said. “Talking is better than fighting.”

Rep. Joaquin Castro (D-Texas) said Friday that Trump’s Twitter “feuds” and “bullying” of Kim might have “encouraged” him to enter into peace talks with South Korea. PJM asked Pelosi if she agreed.

“I don’t know. I just don’t know. We’d have to ask Kim Jong-un,” Pelosi said.

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway told PJM that Trump set the “climate” for the Friday meeting between Kim and Moon after other unsuccessful attempts by past presidents.

“The president is spectacularly pleased with the type of progress and the rate of progress that has happened in such short order,” she said at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner.

“I mean, to think that many different presidents have tried and have promised to bring peace to that area… and it’s this president who set that climate successfully for North Korea and South Korea to talk and to talk about putting an end to war after decades and decades of that,” she added.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/pelosi-trump-might-qualify-for-nobel-peace-prize-lets-see-how-it-goes/

Black Diamond
04-30-2018, 10:28 PM
Wow, this cuckoo bird too?

---

Pelosi: Trump Might Qualify for Nobel Peace Prize; ‘Let’s See How It Goes’

WASHINGTON – House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said President Trump could qualify for the Nobel Peace Prize depending on the outcome of ongoing negotiations with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.

Kim and South Korea's President Moon Jae-in met on Friday, which marked the first meeting between the leaders of the two countries in more than 10 years.

During Trump’s campaign-style rally in Washington, Mich., on Saturday, the crowd chanted “Nobel” when Trump mentioned North Korea.

Pelosi was asked for her response to some columnists who have argued that Trump could qualify for the Nobel Peace Prize if North Korea agrees to denuclearization.

“We’re a long way from that, but let’s see. There’s always an opportunity for a president of the United States to qualify. Let’s see how it goes,” Pelosi told PJM on the red carpet at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner on Saturday evening.

South Korean officials quoted Kim saying, “If we meet often and build trust with the United States, and if an end to the war and nonaggression are promised, why would we live in difficulty with nuclear weapons?”

Pelosi suggested that South Korea and the U.S. government proceed with caution in any negotiations with Kim. Trump has agreed to meet with him in person.

“Talk, talk, talk is a good idea. I’d be highly careful about the word of the North Korean president, but always hopeful,” she said. “Talking is better than fighting.”

Rep. Joaquin Castro (D-Texas) said Friday that Trump’s Twitter “feuds” and “bullying” of Kim might have “encouraged” him to enter into peace talks with South Korea. PJM asked Pelosi if she agreed.

“I don’t know. I just don’t know. We’d have to ask Kim Jong-un,” Pelosi said.

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway told PJM that Trump set the “climate” for the Friday meeting between Kim and Moon after other unsuccessful attempts by past presidents.

“The president is spectacularly pleased with the type of progress and the rate of progress that has happened in such short order,” she said at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner.

“I mean, to think that many different presidents have tried and have promised to bring peace to that area… and it’s this president who set that climate successfully for North Korea and South Korea to talk and to talk about putting an end to war after decades and decades of that,” she added.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/pelosi-trump-might-qualify-for-nobel-peace-prize-lets-see-how-it-goes/
Cuckoo bird. ROFLMAO.

LongTermGuy
04-30-2018, 10:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcE8zdEV0AAYx7M.jpg

LongTermGuy
04-30-2018, 10:48 PM
Take away Obama's undeserved Nobel Peace Prize, and give one each to Trump and Moon.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/57/578e24c929d6548151f9dad01ca81bc1422ca6aafde99d3f6b 123c4a91e80f23.jpg