PDA

View Full Version : How Bill Cosby's defense team's vicious strategy backfired

jimnyc
04-28-2018, 12:04 PM
I'm more interested in posting this because of the piece of shit racist that Cosby has on his side. It's disgusting.

She's comparing his conviction to that of Emmett Till, a kid who was killed for whistling at a white woman. Sure, Cosby being convicted for sexual assault, 3 counts, while about 60 women claimed the same, is the same as the Till events. What a scumbag.

---

How Bill Cosby's defense team's vicious strategy backfired

Even in defeat, disgrace and public humiliation, they kept on coming after the women.

In an extraordinary post-trial interview on Friday with “Good Morning America” chief anchor George Stephanopoulos, Cosby representatives Andrew Wyatt and Ebonee Benson called one juror a racist and suggested that one Cosby accuser and a friend who say they were drugged and assaulted had initially gone to visit the comedian because “they like big, black men.”

Stephanopoulos seemed to wince, and asked her, “Do you really want to go there?”

She did.

Benson went on to compare Cosby’s conviction on three counts of felony sexual assault on Thursday to the fate of Emmett Till, the 14-year old Mississippi child brutalized and murdered in 1955 for whistling at a white woman.

“This became a public lynching,” Wyatt said of the trial. “The South came to the East.”

A number of Cosby’s dozens of accusers are African-Americans, as are Benson and Wyatt.

Rest - http://abcnews.go.com/US/bill-cosbys-defense-teams-vicious-strategy-backfired-analysis/story?id=54784938

Gunny
04-28-2018, 12:19 PM
I've kind of stayed on the outside of the Cosby thing mostly because I just don't believe most of it. I don't know if I believe any of it. Sixty women over all those years and one finally talks and everyone jumps on the train. All that money, power and fame and he has to drug his dates? That's like accusing me of stealing someone's knife. You can't move without running into one but I have to steal one?

As far as the race card goes, I have to agree. Stupid. Cosby was a white man's hero in a white man's world. He dressed white, acted white and did NOT live in the hood.

If anything, the opposite might be true. Black activists hated him. Suddenly turns black. GMAB. He was a payday. That's how I see it. He was targetted because of the size of his bankroll, not his color.