PDA

View Full Version : Pope Francis: Ban All Weapons

jimnyc
04-29-2018, 08:00 PM
He talks smack about the law, but is protected by one. He wants to ban all weapons, but is protected by an elite force that utilize guns and swords. Perhaps he should lead by example?

This guys been a tad bit too political for my tastes, I'm sorry.

---

Pope Francis: Ban All Weapons

Today on Twitter, the head of the Roman Catholic Church called for a ban on all weapons. Pope Francis asserted that the mere presence of weapons makes us constantly live in fear of war.

Other Popes have acknowledged that weapons do indeed create a certain environment of fear. Church leaders have called for bans on certain types on weapons, such as nuclear weapons, but none have called for an outright ban on all weapons. The naiveté of this comment is pretty remarkable for several reasons. Surely, in an ideal world weapons would not be needed as humans would live in peace. But, the Pope's comment, taken alone, neglects to recognize the spiritual warfare that rages in mankind's hearts in the battle against the devil. It is ultimately mankind's failure in this struggle that creates the bloodshed and destruction found in the world today.

n 1982, Pope John Paul II addressed this two front battle in a speech to the United Nations calling for a peaceful ban on all nuclear weapons.

Rest - https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymeads/2018/04/29/pope-francis-bans-all-weapons-n2475765

Black Diamond
04-29-2018, 08:13 PM
How about he bans all pedophiles and those who cover it up from his organization before he tells anyone else anything.

aboutime
04-29-2018, 08:22 PM
I wonder if the Pope knows...the SWISS GUARD around the Vatican keep all of the CRAZIES INSIDE the walls of the Vatican...and prevent the common folk who have to go through the Metal Detectors at each door from seeing WHO THE REAL CRAZIES Are???

https://lewandpatpolitics.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/pedophiles-their-enablers.jpg?w=534&h=393
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2196104/thumbs/o-SWISS-GUARDS-570.jpg?1

http://vaticancookbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/01132_03052013.jpg

Kathianne
04-29-2018, 08:24 PM
The secret handshake though.

darin
04-30-2018, 02:16 AM
I wonder if the Pope has read the book of Genesis. (shrug).

Abbey Marie
04-30-2018, 10:49 AM
The Church meddling in the affairs of world leaders- usually does not end well.
The world is thirsty for real spiritual leadership, not more politics.
I'd love to hear the Pope, say, quote scripture about Jesus and salvation. That should be in his wheelhouse.

High_Plains_Drifter
04-30-2018, 12:28 PM
The Poop is a leftist hack, and he has disgraced Christianity with his constant leftist political commentary.

He's a typical globalist, NWO, leftist European mouth piece.

He needs to concentrate on the what the Bible says, and keep his hypocritical, liberal cake hole shut about politics.

Gunny
04-30-2018, 01:33 PM
I keep trying to comment on this and ....

Somebody made Jimmy Carter the pope? Sorry. Best I can do.

Black Diamond
04-30-2018, 01:38 PM
I keep trying to comment on this and ....

Somebody made Jimmy Carter the pope? Sorry. Best I can do.
The Pope from Plains.

Gunny
04-30-2018, 01:48 PM
The Pope from Plains.Plains is a nice place.

I just look at this thread and go this just TOO stupid. The logic button hit the automatic surge protector kill switch. First off, I am not Catholic and I try to not disrespect those that are. Someing about founding principles in play there.

The pope rates up there with Jimmy Swaggert to me.

Black Diamond
04-30-2018, 02:33 PM
Plains is a nice place.

I just look at this thread and go this just TOO stupid. The logic button hit the automatic surge protector kill switch. First off, I am not Catholic and I try to not disrespect those that are. Someing about founding principles in play there.

Yeah. I'll stop for now....

darin
05-01-2018, 04:30 AM
the pope did the RIGHT thing, however, when he told a young crying boy that the boy's dead "atheist" dad was in heaven. Good for the pope.

Abbey Marie
05-01-2018, 08:34 AM
Plains is a nice place.

I was raised Catholic. Just not one now. I don't think questioning the Pope is automatically disrespectful of Catholics. Depends how it's done. And I don't see why the Pope should be off-limits to criticism, especially if he inserts himself into world politics.

Kathianne
05-01-2018, 08:43 AM
I was raised Catholic. Just not one now. I don't think questioning the Pope is automatically disrespectful of Catholics. Depends how it's done. And I don't see why the Pope should be off-limits to criticism, especially if he inserts himself into world politics.
I'm not crazy for this pope, but it seems to me there's more of the 'only want our side's winning message' out there.

More than a few are upset with their clergymen making excuses for the President's behavior and. claims of change.

I think the clergy should stick with speaking to their own congregations.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-01-2018, 08:45 AM

One of them showed him a Roman coin, and he asked them whose head and inscription were on it. They answered, "Caesar's," and he responded: "Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's".

Sorry but this Pope wants to be Pope and Caesar too!!!
And that is no mere slip, nor is it a minor thing.. And neither was his acceptance of homosexuality or his defending Islam.....
For it shows he has a dark heart and a friend in He that induces such vile and dangerous MISSTEPS/DECEIT, IMHO..
I speak truth as I see it..
My parents taught me as a child, people know you by the friends you keep...
This Pope has directly and succinctly stated that a verse in the bible is wrong..
AND NOT ITS TRANSLATION BUT ITS MEANING OF CONDEMNATION WAS WRONG.-Tyr

IF WE REFUSE TO SEE EVIL, WE AID EVIL....-Tyr

Abbey Marie
05-01-2018, 08:49 AM
I'm not crazy for this pope, but it seems to me there's more of the 'only want our side's winning message' out there.

More than a few are upset with their clergymen making excuses for the President's behavior and. claims of change.

I think the clergy should stick with speaking to their own congregations.

That should keep them busy enough if done right.
I don't necessarily feel the clergy must be so restricted in their audience, but I do feel they should be focused on the teachings of Christ and salvation. And that will hopefully inform our actions. Our pastor almost never mentions anything political, and I like it that way. The Pope has a uniquely "bully" pulpit. So much influence, so much responsibility.

Kathianne
05-01-2018, 08:55 AM
That should keep them busy enough if done right.
I don't necessarily feel the clergy must be so restricted in their audience, but I do feel they should be focused on the teachings of Christ and salvation. And that will hopefully inform our actions. Our pastor almost never mentions anything political, and I like it that way. The Pope has a uniquely "bully" pulpit. So much influence, so much responsibility.

It's all about "winning." Personally all this has accomplished is tuning some people against church and state. We're all Winning.

The institutions or at least the better nature we hoped they held has been changed.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-01-2018, 09:23 AM
It's all about "winning." Personally all this has accomplished is tuning some people against church and state. We're all Winning.

The institutions or at least the better nature we hoped they held has been changed.
You think it's "all about winning" with the pope?

Kathianne
05-01-2018, 09:28 AM
You think it's "all about winning" with the pope?

The pope, like the evangelical preachers, the rabbis, the immams will say whatever, back whomever. It's each of those that claim beliefs to choose who's message resonates, it has nothing to do with truth.

If the pope or Khammeni said that Trumpp deserved a prize, many would feel tingles up the legs.

jimnyc
05-01-2018, 09:29 AM
If it's a stupid thread to any, don't reply. :)

I don't think anything is about winning or anything about politics - other than I would prefer the pope stick with religious affairs and not political affairs. I'd say that if he were trying to put a stop to all illegal immigration as well. It's that kind of stuff that puts me off and makes me not want to listen to him. If I went to church weekly, and the priest only ranted about political stuff, right or left, I wouldn't return. I go to church for faith and belief and to learn about religion, not politics, and that applies to the pope too, IMO.

jimnyc
05-01-2018, 09:34 AM
The pope, like the evangelical preachers, the rabbis, the immams will say whatever, back whomever. It's each of those that claim beliefs to choose who's message resonates, it has nothing to do with truth.

If the pope or Khammeni said that Trumpp deserved a prize, many would feel tingles up the legs.

That makes no sense. I don't see why any religious person would want to hear the pope getting involved in world affairs as such, nor have I seen anyone rely on him as such nor applaud as such.

It seems like you feel that folks don't like his ban all weapons message, simply because we disagree with the agenda, hence the connections to how we would agree if we agreed with an agenda. I don't agree because he's the pope, I cut it off there. Just like when I go to musical concerts, I don't want to hear about politics. That's why I'd never hit a U2 concert ever again.

Not sure where the "tingle" comment came from, as I surely never saw anyone respond like that weirdo did either.

Kathianne
05-01-2018, 09:35 AM
If it's a stupid thread to any, don't reply. :)

I don't think anything is about winning or anything about politics - other than I would prefer the pope stick with religious affairs and not political affairs. I'd say that if he were trying to put a stop to all illegal immigration as well. It's that kind of stuff that puts me off and makes me not want to listen to him. If I went to church weekly, and the priest only ranted about political stuff, right or left, I wouldn't return. I go to church for faith and belief and to learn about religion, not politics, and that applies to the pope too, IMO.

And yet when Graham Jr and others were all atingle, there were the right to say threads. Leadership.

I do agree that preachers should stick with their gods, but alas, they want influence in earthly matters, those that agree with them, want to win.

jimnyc
05-01-2018, 09:39 AM
And yet when Graham Jr and others were all atingle, there were the right to say threads. Leadership.

I do agree that preachers should stick with their gods, but alas, they want influence in earthly matters, those that agree with them, want to win.

Care to quote where this "tingling" took place over religious folks getting involved in politics? I know I wasn't involved myself, but I'd be curious to read how folks responded to those words. And even more curious about the leadership part, as I don't see how anyone at all in religion can make a comment, and have anything to do with leadership.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-01-2018, 09:50 AM

Hmmm... gettin' kinda harsh on the religious leaders there aye Kath?

Are you speaking of just a few religious "leaders," or are you throwing out a blanket statement because you believe this is pandemic to all "preachers?"

It seems there's something underlying here that your thinking of but not mentioning...

Kathianne
05-01-2018, 11:08 AM
Hmmm... gettin' kinda harsh on the religious leaders there aye Kath?

Are you speaking of just a few religious "leaders," or are you throwing out a blanket statement because you believe this is pandemic to all "preachers?"

It seems there's something underlying here that your thinking of but not mentioning...

Actually I think I was more harsh on those choosing whom to follow or defend. I think the leadership has as much right as you or myself to say whatever, but none of them should be doing so under the guise of 'religion.'

High_Plains_Drifter
05-01-2018, 11:22 AM
Actually I think I was more harsh on those choosing whom to follow or defend. I think the leadership has as much right as you or myself to say whatever, but none of them should be doing so under the guise of 'religion.'
I don't know if they are, but what is evident is these leaders, ie the pope, are using their considerable bully pulpit to voice their opinions, and yes, their bully pulpit is courtesy of their religious position.

I think I agree with you, and I think you're saying pretty much the same thing others are, that being preachers should keep their political opinions to themselves, especially when they know they're contrary to large segments of the world's population, and even worse, a population of a nation that isn't in your country.

The way I feel is, I have a constitutional right to bear arms, and I don't appreciate or give a damn if the pope thinks NO ONE, world over, should have a fire arm, and I'd like the chance to tell him that to his FACE, but since I can't, I also don't appreciate him using his RELIGIOUS bully pulpit to spew his liberal disarm the world crap to me. I actually think the guy is a leftist hack, FIRST, and a catholic and the pope second. So I don't feel one bit out a line criticizing him for his leftist garbage, support for homo marriage et al.

jimnyc
05-01-2018, 11:40 AM
Actually I think I was more harsh on those choosing whom to follow or defend.

More of a question in general to many, and no as much directed at you...

But I'm wondering why folks would be being harsh with one another with who they follow/defend/vote for. I've been disowned by many over my support for Trump, and it's depressing and frustrating at times.

I think it's normal for folks to voice an opinion over public figures and leaders. And yeah, I guess if folks are voicing an opinion in either direction, that leaves that opinion up for debate. But this whole Trump thing has left a lot of people with less friends, and many of them have never uttered an insult or gotten personal with any such folks, just that they expressed support for Trump. So as some folks put their arms up in frustration when they hear political talk from the pope, they leave themselves open to be chopped down like a tree by those who disagree with their support of Trump.

It's not debate and discussion like here that frustrates me, as that emanates from somewhere at least. But there are FAR too many making their judgments and assessments based solely on one factor alone, even if they don't truly know someone in the slightest bit. I've had total strangers make comments, simply because I wore my hat of course. That alone apparently tells them that I am a bad person.

I know quite a few that voted for Obama and then Hillary. I don't give a damn, as I simply then just don't bring up politics with them. My neighbors are HUGE democrats, with the bumper stickers and signage on their lawn and in windows and what not. We were all really pretty close prior to me ever seeing any of that. I never brought it up with them, and I never once held it against them. Although I did laugh a few times at them as I saw their car pull away with the lame sticker on it, after Hillary lost. :)

jimnyc
05-01-2018, 11:52 AM
I think one of the reasons that I am offended by the subject is because I had an issue with a very close relationship over this very thing, but of course not the pope involved.

This was my Aunt, on the woman's side. Their family is extremely liberal. That's cool, never bugged me in the slightest. I love her and my uncle to death, and the 2 sons are awesome. But again, and I mean extremely liberal. DO NOT ever bring up politics in front of them, you WILL regret it, unless you are frothing at the mouth about anything on the left.

Shitcanned, 86'd, dropped off at the dump, forgotten, can't deal with any conservatives, Trump support is beyond unacceptable.

And then the FB bombardment was relentless. I mean, pro-Obama crying and non-stop Trump ruining the world, and how those that support him were the worst known to mankind. This went on and on, and I made the mistake of asking one simple question after she made some posts about just how rotten Trump supporters are - "You know me, Aunt Diana, are you really describing me like that? Do you really think that "I" fit into that description?"

And that was the end of that, end of the relationship. Yes, you read that right. And I asked no more, did no more, nothing.

Kathianne
05-01-2018, 11:55 AM
More of a question in general to many, and no as much directed at you...

But I'm wondering why folks would be being harsh with one another with who they follow/defend/vote for. I've been disowned by many over my support for Trump, and it's depressing and frustrating at times.

I think it's normal for folks to voice an opinion over public figures and leaders. And yeah, I guess if folks are voicing an opinion in either direction, that leaves that opinion up for debate. But this whole Trump thing has left a lot of people with less friends, and many of them have never uttered an insult or gotten personal with any such folks, just that they expressed support for Trump. So as some folks put their arms up in frustration when they hear political talk from the pope, they leave themselves open to be chopped down like a tree by those who disagree with their support of Trump.

It's not debate and discussion like here that frustrates me, as that emanates from somewhere at least. But there are FAR too many making their judgments and assessments based solely on one factor alone, even if they don't truly know someone in the slightest bit. I've had total strangers make comments, simply because I wore my hat of course. That alone apparently tells them that I am a bad person.

I know quite a few that voted for Obama and then Hillary. I don't give a damn, as I simply then just don't bring up politics with them. My neighbors are HUGE democrats, with the bumper stickers and signage on their lawn and in windows and what not. We were all really pretty close prior to me ever seeing any of that. I never brought it up with them, and I never once held it against them. Although I did laugh a few times at them as I saw their car pull away with the lame sticker on it, after Hillary lost. :)

I hear you, I've had some issues with my choices too and how folks reacted. I've not 'disowned' or 'disliked' anyone since the election, I disagreed with their choices, as they did mine.

In this case, I was responding not as much to your own opinion in OP, as those that somehow find it fun to demonize one religious leader, which being silent on those Evangelicals that have ripped off their congregations; some with questionable sexual choices, while married; those that not only turn away the poor, but even those being threatened with floods-such as the cracker in TX. But, let it be Catholic, Muslim, Jewish, well then Satan arises.

I've met crummy Catholics, Jews, heard of a more than a few bad actors of the Islam faith, but personal knowledge of truly immoral, evil, and mean spirited people have been Evangelicals. Yep, known a few good ones too.

jimnyc
05-01-2018, 12:26 PM
I hear you, I've had some issues with my choices too and how folks reacted. I've not 'disowned' or 'disliked' anyone since the election, I disagreed with their choices, as they did mine.

In this case, I was responding not as much to your own opinion in OP, as those that somehow find it fun to demonize one religious leader, which being silent on those Evangelicals that have ripped off their congregations; some with questionable sexual choices, while married; those that not only turn away the poor, but even those being threatened with floods-such as the cracker in TX. But, let it be Catholic, Muslim, Jewish, well then Satan arises.

I've met crummy Catholics, Jews, heard of a more than a few bad actors of the Islam faith, but personal knowledge of truly immoral, evil, and mean spirited people have been Evangelicals. Yep, known a few good ones too.

I think if articles were posted about others ripping folks off you will hear a mouthful about them. I can only speak for myself, but I don't read a lot of religious stuff, and wouldn't know about things like that unless it made the news rounds that I read. I myself would condemn any rip off artists in a heartbeat, couldn't care less about their religion.

But I also don't necessarily think one has to do with the other. I'm not saying OT or a different subject, but rather a way of deflecting to point out perceived hypocrisy. I AGREE with what you say, I just don't think it changes anything the pope said, nor anything about those who disagree with him.

Kathianne
05-01-2018, 12:42 PM
I think if articles were posted about others ripping folks off you will hear a mouthful about them. I can only speak for myself, but I don't read a lot of religious stuff, and wouldn't know about things like that unless it made the news rounds that I read. I myself would condemn any rip off artists in a heartbeat, couldn't care less about their religion.

But I also don't necessarily think one has to do with the other. I'm not saying OT or a different subject, but rather a way of deflecting to point out perceived hypocrisy. I AGREE with what you say, I just don't think it changes anything the pope said, nor anything about those who disagree with him.

Could be, then again it seems for many, if not most here, they really love targeting Catholics. Not so much on the slimy, crooked, asswipe Evangelicals.

Abbey Marie
05-01-2018, 01:19 PM
Could be, then again it seems for many, if not most here, they really love targeting Catholics. Not so much on the slimy, crooked, asswipe Evangelicals.

Wow. I knew you didn't care for my religion, but I didn't know it was at this level.

Kathianne
05-01-2018, 01:22 PM
Wow. I knew you didn't care for my religion, but I didn't know it was at this level.

Years of reading the same tends to make one get honest. As I said, I've met a few good Evangelicals, most I've met personally are self-righteous, mean spirited and hateful of others.

LongTermGuy
05-01-2018, 03:27 PM
The Poop is a leftist hack, and he has disgraced Christianity with his constant leftist political commentary.

He's a typical globalist, NWO, leftist European mouth piece.

He needs to concentrate on the what the Bible says, and keep his hypocritical, liberal cake hole shut about politics.

"Pope Francis: Ban All Weapons"....Just what a silly...clueless liberal living in La la Land would say...childish...wishful thinking childish...Never...ever seen a pope like this....very communist / socialist low-info type of guy...

Kathianne
05-01-2018, 03:30 PM
Yep, I actually agree with LTG's take on the Pope's statement. Dealt with as an uninformed opinion, which it most certainly seems to be.

LongTermGuy
05-01-2018, 03:38 PM
Yep, I actually agree with LTG's take on the Pope's statement. Dealt with as an uninformed opinion, which it most certainly seems to be.

​Call it what you want...just an opinion which many would agree with ..

Kathianne
05-01-2018, 03:46 PM
My point is that when he says something that many do not agree with, somehow it's all about the Church, why they hate it-why it's wrong. How dare he say the wrong thing from the bully pulpit one said.

Then there's the regular folks that haven't a problem with the President and his bullying pulpit, well they do say 'they wish' he wouldn't do that, but then. . .'

Then we have some of our evangelicals that hate Catholics and just about everyone that is not white, Evangelical, and pro whatever politics they want to win. They try to phrase it about his 'influence' and 'pulpit' and 'bible,' yet not one word of problems with clergy that twist themselves inside out, while preaching the wonders of Trump and his morals/lack thereof in business and personal life. Somehow, we're to believe he's now born again, faithful, and honest. Or it just doesn't matter, cause they're winning!

I never was defending the Pope, certainly not his opinion, which I disagree with. Just pointing out the hypocrisy that is now just everyday stuff.

LongTermGuy
05-01-2018, 03:59 PM
My point is that when he says something that many do not agree with, somehow it's all about the Church, why they hate it-why it's wrong. How dare he say the wrong thing from the bully pulpit one said.

Then there's the regular folks that haven't a problem with the President and his bullying pulpit, well they do say 'they wish' he wouldn't do that, but then. . .'

Then we have some of our evangelicals that hate Catholics and just about everyone that is not white, Evangelical, and pro whatever politics they want to win. They try to phrase it about his 'influence' and 'pulpit' and 'bible,' yet not one word of problems with clergy that twist themselves inside out, while preaching the wonders of Trump and his morals/lack thereof in business and personal life. Somehow, we're to believe he's now born again, faithful, and honest. Or it just doesn't matter, cause they're winning!

I never was defending the Pope, certainly not his opinion, which I disagree with. Just pointing out the hypocrisy that is now just everyday stuff.

I got ya....`comprende` .....:)

jimnyc
05-01-2018, 05:27 PM
Why must everything be a comparison of sorts? We all do this from time to time. The pope says something, folks respond to it, but there seems to be a qualifier about what one must have also said about others in responses.

This, to me, is similar to when political articles are posted, and we hear "Bush" in return, when GW had nothing at all to do with the topic/thread at hand.

Similar to Pete, in other threads about the WHCD and the lame jokes - and how one can't be insulted and/or complain about it - not unless they were equally offended by Twitter posts from Trump and having spoken out about that.

Sure, not everyone here posts about being offended by evangelicals and any wrongdoings. If it's in the news cycle, and articles out there, I will gladly post it and toss in my 2 cents. But I don't recall any articles of recent and certainly have no reason to want to avoid such stories. And if someone else were to post threads about it, then I'm sure I would reply there as well, as may others.

A search with that term in the title yields just one thread, from Kath, from 2013. So it's not like others have been jumping on the subject and it's ignored by folks.

Kathianne
05-01-2018, 05:42 PM
How about he bans all pedophiles and those who cover it up from his organization before he tells anyone else anything.

I wonder if the Pope knows...the SWISS GUARD around the Vatican keep all of the CRAZIES INSIDE the walls of the Vatican...and prevent the common folk who have to go through the Metal Detectors at each door from seeing WHO THE REAL CRAZIES Are???

https://lewandpatpolitics.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/pedophiles-their-enablers.jpg?w=534&h=393
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2196104/thumbs/o-SWISS-GUARDS-570.jpg?1

http://vaticancookbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/01132_03052013.jpg

I wonder if the Pope has read the book of Genesis. (shrug).

Some of why I responded the way I did. At first, I was pretty much in agreement with Jim and Abbey. Somehow though there's always those 'different standards,' which is when folks really do need to stand up, especially when there's only 1 to do so.

Keep religious opinions out of the politics and you won't usually find me. I avoid religion posts like the plague. To hold the man to a different standard than some of the farces that call themselves clergy though, not playing.

jimnyc
05-01-2018, 05:42 PM

While calling out others for their hypocrisy, are you adhering to the same you speak of? As you offer your opinions on Trump, who you admittedly don't care much for, do you offer your opinions via new threads and any of the MANY positive things that have been done or accomplished and/or promises kept? Or is it limited to his wrongdoings? It's not like I see anyone at all here being 100% even across the board. I do my best in posting as many articles as I can for discussion. Likely 9/10 of Trump stuff will be Pro stuff, with some negative sprinkled in sparingly, admittedly. But if folks want more "equal", and not hypocritical, then they too would be more pro-active in starting threads on an "equal" basis. But let's face it, the majority will post what is positive for the person they support, and try to limit negative articles for the "opposition".

I VERY often would use those very terms, that I wish Trump wouldn't do something BUT that what he's doing is.... for example, I would often say something about his tweeting, that I wish he would get a screener/editor, or a filter, or something to keep him in line with the crap he sometimes will post, BUT I am still glad at least that he uses the program, and gives folks an insight to the presidency that we really never saw before, and certainly not with such brutal honesty. But I know that anything short of complete condemnation for any of his various wrongdoings, will be unacceptable.

Myself, I very rarely get involved in religious subjects, whether the pope or not. The reason this one got my attention was because of the discussion being about a weapons ban, which of course drew headlines. I would have posted the same and been just as enthusiastic in my replies had it been an evangelical. I personally have zero issues with evangelicals, not unless there were a specific story as in this instance.

I wouldn't even know who is evangelical here, let alone anyone that hates catholics or anyone who isn't white? Not sure what that is about, quite honestly. And then of course back to the ever used "winning" term when apparently wanting to mock or talk down to someone.

Kathianne
05-01-2018, 05:44 PM
While calling out others for their hypocrisy, are you adhering to the same you speak of? As you offer your opinions on Trump, who you admittedly don't care much for, do you offer your opinions via new threads and any of the MANY positive things that have been done or accomplished and/or promises kept? Or is it limited to his wrongdoings? It's not like I see anyone at all here being 100% even across the board. I do my best in posting as many articles as I can for discussion. Likely 9/10 of Trump stuff will be Pro stuff, with some negative sprinkled in sparingly, admittedly. But if folks want more "equal", and not hypocritical, then they too would be more pro-active in starting threads on an "equal" basis. But let's face it, the majority will post what is positive for the person they support, and try to limit negative articles for the "opposition".

I VERY often would use those very terms, that I wish Trump wouldn't do something BUT that what he's doing is.... for example, I would often say something about his tweeting, that I wish he would get a screener/editor, or a filter, or something to keep him in line with the crap he sometimes will post, BUT I am still glad at least that he uses the program, and gives folks an insight to the presidency that we really never saw before, and certainly not with such brutal honesty. But I know that anything short of complete condemnation for any of his various wrongdoings, will be unacceptable.

Myself, I very rarely get involved in religious subjects, whether the pope or not. The reason this one got my attention was because of the discussion being about a weapons ban, which of course drew headlines. I would have posted the same and been just as enthusiastic in my replies had it been an evangelical. I personally have zero issues with evangelicals, not unless there were a specific story as in this instance.

I wouldn't even know who is evangelical here, let alone anyone that hates catholics or anyone who isn't white? Not sure what that is about, quite honestly. And then of course back to the ever used "winning" term when apparently wanting to mock or talk down to someone.

You won't find many negative new threads about Trump from me, certainly not positive other than when the news first broke regarding NK. I'm not throwing much shade nor shine on him. Indeed, I'm mostly staying out of any of it.

Kathianne
05-01-2018, 05:46 PM

Oh you certainly are misinterpreting what the 'winning' means, not about Trump in particular, it's about both those that are all giggly over Trump and those that used to be the same about Obama and now are all about resistance and impeachment.

Russ
05-01-2018, 05:46 PM

This is a pretty harsh characterization of Evangelicals. It actually sounds much the way MSNBC likes to describe them - dismissing them as intolerant whites-only people that are hypocritical and lacking the morals they preach about, and further that they support Trump blindly in the utmost hypocrisy of all.

In my experience, the only objectionable attributes I've seen from Evangelicals is that people can find their preaching annoying, and mostly that many of them fail to live up to a Biblically-inspired life, which is indeed hypocritical but no more than most people are. Some of them criticize the Catholic Church, which is wrong of them. Still, they are all in all some of the nicest people you can ever meet.

Kathianne
05-01-2018, 05:48 PM
This is a pretty harsh characterization of Evangelicals. It actually sounds much the way MSNBC likes to describe them - dismissing them as intolerant whites-only people that are hypocritical and lacking the morals they preach about, and further that they support Trump blindly in the utmost hypocrisy of all.

In my experience, the only objectionable attributes I've seen from Evangelicals is that people can find their preaching annoying, and mostly that many of them fail to live up to a Biblically-inspired life, which is indeed hypocritical but no more than most people are. Some of them criticize the Catholic Church, which is wrong of them. Still, they are all in all some of the nicest people you can ever meet.

You may be right, just far from my experience. They are hateful towards those different than themselves. Judgmental, condemning, self-righteous, and overall miserable human beings. As I acknowledged, there are a few exceptions I've met.

jimnyc
05-01-2018, 05:53 PM
Oh you certainly are misinterpreting what the 'winning' means, not about Trump in particular, it's about both those that are all giggly over Trump and those that used to be the same about Obama and now are all about resistance and impeachment.

As for his 'winning', and then holding so many promises, and getting quite a few other things done I liked, count me in as one of those happy about his 'winning'. Far from perfect, but more winning than losing, that's for sure. Take out the waste of time investigation at this point, and factor in the democrat obstruction, I'm happy. I used to often use the #Winning! at the end of some articles with good news. Mostly a dig at democrats that are in my mind when I read about something good, and usually something in there somewhere about the Dems being in opposition.

jimnyc
05-01-2018, 05:56 PM

You may be right, just far from my experience. They are hateful towards those different than themselves. Judgmental, condemning, self-righteous, and overall miserable human beings. As I acknowledged, there are a few exceptions I've met.

I think most importantly, especially if discussing anything hypocrisy related, I don't see anyone on the board fitting the profile and/or responding or behaving as such?

Kathianne
05-01-2018, 05:56 PM
As for his 'winning', and then holding so many promises, and getting quite a few other things done I liked, count me in as one of those happy about his 'winning'. Far from perfect, but more winning than losing, that's for sure. Take out the waste of time investigation at this point, and factor in the democrat obstruction, I'm happy. I used to often use the #Winning! at the end of some articles with good news. Mostly a dig at democrats that are in my mind when I read about something good, and usually something in there somewhere about the Dems being in opposition.

Nothing wrong with how you feel in my opinion.

Kathianne
05-01-2018, 06:01 PM
I think most importantly, especially if discussing anything hypocrisy related, I don't see anyone on the board fitting the profile and/or responding or behaving as such?
Then you aren't reading things over the years as I have. There are many that hate Catholics, Jews, Muslims as a whole. They pronounce them heretics and bound for hell.

They certainly reflect my experiences in RL. Many are racist too and proud of it.

Of course there are exceptions to their prejudices, when one of the creatures agree with them on something.

jimnyc
05-01-2018, 06:04 PM
Then you aren't reading things over the years as I have. There are many that hate Catholics, Jews, Muslims as a whole. They pronounce them heretics and bound for hell.

They certainly reflect my experiences in RL. Many are racist too and proud of it.

Of course there are exceptions to their prejudices, when one of the creatures agree with them on something.

Since you made the thread, can you just speak out to who it is your posting about, so as to avoid any confusion?

Kathianne
05-01-2018, 06:17 PM
Since you made the thread, can you just speak out to who it is your posting about, so as to avoid any confusion?

I didn't start the thread, you did. As stated, at first I was fine with what you and Abbey wrote, then it wasn't fine.

I do wonder why you want me to name folks? Seems more like you want me to just have folks even nastier?

I have no problems ignoring what people have written recently or in the past, once we move off those topics.

Too bad others can't do the same.

jimnyc
05-01-2018, 06:23 PM
I didn't start the thread, you did. As stated, at first I was fine with what you and Abbey wrote, then it wasn't fine.

I do wonder why you want me to name folks? Seems more like you want me to just have folks even nastier?

I have no problems ignoring what people have written recently or in the past, once we move off those topics.

Too bad others can't do the same.

I don't know why folks go personal anywhere at all, either side.

I wondered as you brought it up, and I'm sure I won't be the only one wondering wtf you are talking about and about who. But whatever, I won't ask, dumb of me to think someone would bring up others here on the board in an accusatory manner, that they may want to clarify so some don't incorrectly think it's about them when it's not. But if you prefer to vent anonymously, so be it.

I'm out. And you're right, it was my thread, my bad. But it appears that the anonymous hypocrisy accusations are what you would prefer to discuss. Enjoy, I'm out.

Gunny
05-01-2018, 06:30 PM
Since you made the thread, can you just speak out to who it is your posting about, so as to avoid any confusion?That's not one person.

jimnyc
05-01-2018, 06:34 PM
That's not one person.

I'm glad you saw that posted and know the folks, I must have missed it. :thumb:

Gunny
05-01-2018, 06:51 PM
I'm glad you saw that posted and know the folks, I must have missed it. :thumb:For the billionth time sincy e this has come up elsewhere. I am brutal. I get it. I'm a Marine and act like one. Some take me seriously when I'm just laughing. I could care less about the pope or anyone's religion so long as that religion isn't killing everyone.

I am more knowlegeable about ragheads than almost anyone I've met on a board. I am irreverent. I call them ragheads because .... wait for it .... they wear rags on their heads. It meant my life and I didn't have time for political posturing. I know all their little sects and I know when they go to prayer. They go prayer at bolt slamming home time.

I don't care about anyone's religion. I care about what you do with it. This Nation was founded on freedom of religion and unlike the shit-stained copy of that paper Obama has I have a pristine copy from the Smithsonian. The words on it mean things. Pray to the flying cookie monster. I will defend your right to.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-01-2018, 07:23 PM
I'm in the same camp with Gunny. I'm an opinionated bull in a china shop. I know my opinions are far right and not everyone is going to agree with them. But isn't that why we're here... to voice our opinions?

As far as comparing the pope to president Trump, the difference is the pope is a religious man yet he's constantly spewing his opinion about political and legal affairs that have nothing to do with him or GOD. As far as Trump goes, that's his JOB, he's the president of the US and politics is his business. I don't hear him telling the pope how to do his job, but the pope sure does like to stick his nose in political affairs.

Makes no difference if the pope is catholic, jewish or a druid far as I'm concerned, but he is the most powerful religious man on the planet. I don't think believing he should stick to religious matters is out of line, because if he wants to dally in politics, then he should run for office and be a politician.

Russ
05-01-2018, 08:00 PM

Are you saying there are many "Evangelicals" that hate Catholics, Jews, Muslims, and are racist and proud of it? Any are you saying they are worse that average person in this regard?

If so, then I'd say that the ones you've met are exceptions, and in a bad way. Don't paint with too broad a brush.

Kathianne
05-01-2018, 08:12 PM
Are you saying there are many "Evangelicals" that hate Catholics, Jews, Muslims, and are racist and proud of it? Any are you saying they are worse that average person in this regard?

If so, then I'd say that the ones you've met are exceptions, and in a bad way. Don't paint with too broad a brush.

The ones that come immediately to mind around here are those that subscribe to eugenics and paint everyone and groups with a very broad brush.

They're quite happily unaware of individuals. It's amusing how sensitive they are when venom is turned on them. Shocking that the creatures may not find the judges superior, indeed quite the contrary.

darin
05-02-2018, 01:48 AM
For the billionth time sincy e this has come up elsewhere. I am brutal. I get it. I'm a Marine and act like one. Some take me seriously when I'm just laughing. I could care less about the pope or anyone's religion so long as that religion isn't killing everyone.

I am more knowlegeable about ragheads than almost anyone I've met on a board. I am irreverent. I call them ragheads because .... wait for it .... they wear rags on their heads. It meant my life and I didn't have time for political posturing. I know all their little sects and I know when they go to prayer. They go prayer at bolt slamming home time.

I don't care about anyone's religion. I care about what you do with it. This Nation was founded on freedom of religion and unlike the shit-stained copy of that paper Obama has I have a pristine copy from the Smithsonian. The words on it mean things. Pray to the flying cookie monster. I will defend your right to.

Are you brutal because you are afraid, deep down inside? How does it make you FEEL? :)

High_Plains_Drifter
05-02-2018, 07:47 AM
Are you brutal because you are afraid, deep down inside? How does it make you FEEL? :)
What were you THINKING when you asked him that question? ... :laugh:

darin
05-02-2018, 07:56 AM
What were you THINKING when you asked him that question? ... :laugh:

I'm thinking about my love of the Dog Whisperer -

ANGRY dogs are scared dogs.

and trying to apply it to my new forum persona "The Gunny Whisperer". I want Gunny to feel this is a safe space for him to be authentic and vulnerable and a little less like that one guy who was banned - the guy who claimed to be a retired Army Major and live in Arkansas? ConHog maybe? Anywho. yeah. I'm not a licensed therapist, but i've been to many of them.

Black Diamond
05-02-2018, 08:12 AM
Most ironic thread ever.

Black Diamond
05-02-2018, 08:23 AM

and trying to apply it to my new forum persona "The Gunny Whisperer". I want Gunny to feel this is a safe space for him to be authentic and vulnerable and a little less like that one guy who was banned - the guy who claimed to be a retired Army Major and live in Arkansas? ConHog maybe? Anywho. yeah. I'm not a licensed therapist, but i've been to many of them.
Now why did you have to ruin a perfectly angst-filled thread with one of the most hilarious posts ever...

High_Plains_Drifter
05-02-2018, 08:23 AM

Yeah but... we have so many SHARKS on the board... ready to swoop in and rip you to shreds... are you sure this can be a "safe space?"

darin
05-02-2018, 08:38 AM
Yeah but... we have so many SHARKS on the board... ready to swoop in and rip you to shreds... are you sure this can be a "safe space?"

If somebody FEELS shredded its due to their weak constitution and might-should be cause for them to Man-UP!

:D

Abbey Marie
05-02-2018, 08:59 AM
If somebody FEELS shredded its due to their weak constitution and might-should be cause for them to Man-UP!

:D

Hmm. I think there can be a difference between being ripped to shreds, and feeling shredded. One is a state of mind, the other isn’t.

Kathianne
05-02-2018, 09:17 AM
Hmm. I think there can be a difference between being ripped to shreds, and feeling shredded. One is a state of mind, the other isn’t.

I agree, though there's a vast difference between provoked and unprovoked.

Too many shred 'peoples' or beliefs with the mistaken idea that the people they 'know' won't take it personally. Sometimes they do, whether they say something or not.

Often it's those that do this on a regular basis that are so taken aback when given it back.

Whenever someone goes back on what I said about Trump during the election, I deal. I said lots, too much based on my own thoughts, not considering how it was hurting others. When I did get that, I became a bit more careful in how I said mm u own opinions. I didn't change my beliefs, but since I never thought that those that differed were idiots, I watched how and what I was communicating.

That wasn't enough for some, nothing I can do will change that.

Same with some of what happened in this thread.

Black Diamond
05-02-2018, 10:48 AM
Some people don't know the difference between the Catholic Church and Catholics.

Some people think insulting people on Twitter and locker room talk and molesting thousands of boys and/or covering it up are equivalent.

Some people enjoy playing pot meet kettle.

Some people have very short memories.