PDA

View Full Version : Jane Fonda’s Radio Network Tanks

glockmail
08-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Whoda thunk it?

The "feminist” radio company whose founders include Jane Fonda and Gloria Steinem failed to attract an audience and it signed off the air for good on Friday.

When the talk-radio network, called GreenStone, officially launched in September 2006, NewsMax reported that it was a "new left-wing radio network that plans to appeal to women listeners and counter the dominance of conservative talk radio.”

GreenStone claimed it would deliver "de-politicized, de-polarized talk radio by women hosts for female listeners,” and Steinem said it would offer an alternative to current radio talk, which she described as "very argumentative, quite hostile, and very much male-dominated.”

She also said radio was "overbalanced toward the ultra-right.” But "Greenstone Media’s brand of tepid liberalism didn’t appeal to women,” Carrie Lukas, author of "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Women, Sex and Feminism,” writes in the New York Post.http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/8/20/131211.shtml?s=al&promo_code=38BA-1

Abbey Marie
08-20-2007, 02:36 PM
So talk radio is sexist too? :laugh2:

theHawk
08-20-2007, 02:36 PM
I didn't even know she had a radio network....

nevadamedic
08-20-2007, 02:39 PM
I didn't even know she had a radio network....

Well she was married to Ted Turner.

glockmail
08-20-2007, 02:48 PM
So talk radio is sexist too? :laugh2: No, just the audience. Otherwise we'd all be listening in...

Mr. P
08-20-2007, 03:01 PM
Jane Fonda’s Radio Network Tanks
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Don't get me going on this treasonous BITCH!!!!

I'd love to see her leave the country permanently!

glockmail
08-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Don't get me going on this treasonous BITCH!!!!

I'd love to see her leave the country permanently! I'd like to see her in the Hanoi Hilton, rolling in her own shit, tied to a stake with flies all over her.

Gaffer
08-20-2007, 03:08 PM
I want to piss on her grave. I understand the line is really long.

glockmail
08-20-2007, 03:09 PM
I want to piss on her grave. I understand the line is really long. I let you, and any other who has served, skip in front of me. :salute:

Mr. P
08-20-2007, 03:14 PM
I'd like to see her in the Hanoi Hilton, rolling in her own shit, tied to a stake with flies all over her.

That would be a good start. Then we can piss on her!

glockmail
08-20-2007, 03:24 PM
That would be a good start. Then we can piss on her! That might give her some relief, so I'll wait util she's in her grave, and water her dandelions.

Mr. P
08-20-2007, 03:34 PM
That might give her some relief, so I'll wait util she's in her grave, and water her dandelions.

Nahhhh...it would draw more flies.

5stringJeff
08-20-2007, 03:40 PM
As I understand it, Jane Fonda publicly apologized for her actions curing Vietnam.

glockmail
08-20-2007, 03:48 PM
As I understand it, Jane Fonda publicly apologized for her actions curing Vietnam. I heard that too but based on her later crap she obviously didn't mean it. It must have been a "Mrs Bill Clinton" type apology: "I'm sorry that you misunderstood me...."

Mr. P
08-20-2007, 04:22 PM
As I understand it, Jane Fonda publicly apologized for her actions curing Vietnam.

Did you hear it? I did, it was a BS pacify em apology. 100% BS!

actsnoblemartin
08-20-2007, 04:28 PM
you mean the IHAN I Hate America Network Failed.

The only person on earth who hates america more then her are the mullahs in iran.

Whoda thunk it?

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/8/20/131211.shtml?s=al&promo_code=38BA-1

Yurt
08-20-2007, 08:09 PM

I want to see that. Exactly what did she apoligize for? I highly doubt she took back her words, probably sorry for it ruining her """"career""""

5stringJeff
08-22-2007, 04:19 PM
I looked it up on Snopes. Apparently her apolgy wasn't really all that great.

In 1988, sixteen years after the fact, Fonda finally met with Vietnam veterans to apologize for her actions. This nationally-televised apology (during which she attempted to minimize her actions by characterizing them as "thoughtless and careless") came at a time when New England vets were successfully disrupting a film project she was working on, leading more than a few to read a huge dollop of self-interest into her apology.

Fonda again "apologized" in 2005, an act which not suprisingly once again coincided with the release of a film in which she had a starring role (Monster-in-Law, her first leading role since 1990's Stanley & Iris) and a book tour to promote her autobiography. As she had several years earlier, Fonda made it quite clear that she was apologizing only for posing for photographs while seated at a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun, and even then her "apology" was couched in the most oblique terms possible (i.e., she didn't address the people she harmed and say she was sorry for hurting them; she only issued the self-confessional statement that she "regretted" one of her actions):

2000: "I will go to my grave regretting the photograph of me in an anti-aircraft carrier, which looks like I was trying to shoot at American planes. It hurt so many soldiers. It galvanized such hostility. It was the most horrible thing I could possibly have done. It was just thoughtless."

2005: "I will go to my grave regretting that. The image of Jane Fonda, 'Barbarella,' Henry Fonda's daughter, just a woman sitting on an enemy aircraft gun was a betrayal. It was like I was thumbing my nose at the military and at the country that gave me privilege."

Fonda emphasized that she was not apologizing for any other actions connected with her trip to North Vietnam, or for any of her other anti-war activities:

The 67-year-old actress and activist, however, defended her decision to go to Hanoi and said she had no regrets about being photographed with American POWs there or making broadcasts on Radio Hanoi because she was trying to stop the war.

"There are hundreds of American delegations that had met with the POWs," she added. "Both sides were using the POWs for propaganda. It's not something that I will apologize for."

http://www.snopes.com/military/fonda.asp

Hagbard Celine
08-22-2007, 04:24 PM
That's because they couldn't see her!
http://www.johngilmore.com/Celebrities/images/Jane_Fonda_hair.jpg