PDA

View Full Version : Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer: ‘We Believe in Truth’

jimnyc
05-02-2018, 11:13 AM
This guy is a joke. Him, Pelosi, Waters... They want to obstruct and talk a great game, but in the end that is all they really get done, obstructing and talking a good game, even if it is more BS than they are proclaiming not to like. He's always talking about the non-stop lies and what not that Trump tells, and then generally goes on to point out pretty much nothing as he lies himself.

---

Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer: ‘We Believe in Truth’

(CNSNews.com) - Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D.-N.Y.) gave a speech on the Senate floor on April 26 in which he said that President Donald Trump “seems to live in an alternative reality” and that the America Schumer represents is dedicated to truth.

“We believe in truth,” Schumer said.

“I watched the President on TV this morning, and like most Americans, so many Americans, I was aghast,” said Schumer. “The president seems to live in an alternative reality. He says things that are patently false, and he thinks that just by saying them, they become true.

“With the number of 180-degree turns—direct contradictions to what he has said before—the name-calling, and blaming, if you watched the president this morning and the way he acted, it was so unbecoming of a president, unbecoming of a democracy,” said Schumer.

Trump appeared that morning on “Fox and Friends,” where he rebutted assertions by former FBI Director James Comey, denied there was any collusion between his campaign and Russia and said that he would not get involved in the Justice Department.

“Because of the fact that they have this witch hunt going on with people in the Justice Department that shouldn't be there--they have a witch hunt against the President of the United States going on--I've taken the position--and I don't have to take this position and maybe I'll change--that I will not be involved with the Justice Department,” said Trump. “I will wait until this is over.

“It's all lies and it's a horrible thing that's going on,” said Trump.

Here is the speech Schumer gave on the Senate floor after Trump’s appearance on Fox:

--------------------------------------------

Sen. Charles Schumer: Madam President, I watched the President on TV this morning, and like most Americans, so many Americans, I was aghast. The president seems to live in an alternative reality. He says things that are patently false, and he thinks that just by saying them, they become true. (Right off the bat, trying to claim that most Americans are with him in his perceptions. Right off the bat, declares things that Trump stated as "patently false")

With the number of 180-degree turns—direct contradictions to what he has said before—the name-calling, and blaming, if you watched the president this morning and the way he acted, it was so unbecoming of a president, unbecoming of a democracy.

We believe in truth. People may have different value systems, but to just make up things as he goes along and to, without blinking an eye, contradict things that he said that were exactly the opposite a few hours, a few days, a few weeks ago is not who any president of any party of any ideology should be. (Him, and Hillary and the endless scandals/wrongdoings, and not a one of them demanding investigations into anything Dem related, sure thing there Chucky)

What the President said this morning was embarrassing to America, to democracy, and to any American who prizes truth.

One of the things the president said this morning was that he has decided not to be involved in the Russia probe but may change his mind. That is why it is so good this morning that the Judiciary Committee is marking up bipartisan legislation that will protect Special Counsel Mueller from political interference. (of course, because he has done SO much to show that the protection is needed. In fact, he has done nothing to date, at all.)

From the very beginning, Special Counsel Mueller’s investigation has been about following the facts of how a foreign, hostile power interfered with our free and fair elections—the wellspring of our democracy. That investigation must be allowed to proceed safely from the President’s heavy hand. (More hilarious BS. Following the facts? About Russia and collusion? Where has the heavy hand been in regards to this investigation?)

The president can’t make this go away by name-calling. He can’t dispute facts. He can’t dispute the fact that Russia’s interfering in our election is very dangerous and must be investigated no matter where it leads. (What facts? What has been brought forth to date showing ANYTHING that Trump has done wrong?)

It is so abundantly clear from the president’s remarks this morning and from so many other things he has said that he has little regard for the rule of law. He seems to have this view that the purpose of the Justice Department is to protect his interests and persecute his enemies. That is not a democracy. (Again, WHAT has he done for you to state that he has no regard for the law in reference to this investigation? He's done NOTHING except for point out the truth that you don't like)

The purpose of the Justice Department is to defend the rule of law, and no man or woman is above the law. It is not, simply, to go after his friends. He is angry when the Justice Department does something he doesn’t like even though it is following the law. Again, that is not the hallmark of our democracy. (More BS meant to confuse, as Trump's not doing anything with his DOJ)

I am so proud of our Judiciary Committee and Chairman Grassley in their rising to the occasion—proposing and hopefully passing legislation that says we will protect the rule of law and that we will protect our democracy by not allowing the president to fire the special counsel at will because he simply doesn’t like the results he comes up with. (Again making it sound as if they are doing major good by protection, and that Trump was on the brink of doing something, which he wasn't - and he has done nothing to date)

Again, the Judiciary Committee, this morning, makes us proud. It rises to the occasion to tell the president that he cannot tamper with the very wellsprings of our democracy and that he will pay a bipartisan price if he does. (And? Trying to use scare tactics that don't exist, and make things sound worse about Trump, without reason or fact?)

I particularly praise Chairman Grassley. We have worked together on many things, and we have had our differences on many things, but this morning he is rising to the occasion. (Praise someone on Trump's own side, as if it makes things somehow different or worse for him. Doesn't change any of the facts I pointed out though)

History regards such moments very favorably. I hope we will get a large vote this morning. (History will remember you, Chuck, as a crying, whining, sniveling fool, IMO)

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cnsnewscom-staff/senate-democratic-leader-chuck-schumer-we-believe-truth

Elessar
05-02-2018, 11:30 AM
I sometimes wonder what cold, dark, dank basement people like him live in.gasping for fresh air.

He 'believes in truth'? Bullshit. In his own speech he demonstrates and proves that 'Truth' is relative to one's
individual perception and prejudices.

Well, Schumer certainly does not believe in FACT!

High_Plains_Drifter
05-02-2018, 12:17 PM
That greasy fucker lies like a RUG. He wouldn't know TRUTH if it crawled up his ass and DIED.

What a DISGUSTING POS... even the looks of him makes me wanna VOMIT, let alone LISTEN to him.

Typical DEMOCRAT... these people are the TRASH of America, the TRASH of any country and society.