PDA

View Full Version : AZ Wildfire

Kathianne
05-03-2018, 09:06 AM
My luck. Interview tomorrow in Casa Grande, by Phoenix. Wildfire 0% contained north and east of me is causing much smoke. Appt is 10 a.m. tomorrow, may have to go tonight.

It rained buckets yesterday, even hail for the first time in over two months. Not enough to help it seems.

CSM
05-03-2018, 09:09 AM
Stay safe!

Abbey Marie
05-03-2018, 07:29 PM
My luck. Interview tomorrow in Casa Grande, by Phoenix. Wildfire 0% contained north and east of me is causing much smoke. Appt is 10 a.m. tomorrow, may have to go tonight.

It rained buckets yesterday, even hail for the first time in over two months. Not enough to help it seems.

What type of job?

Is the smoke near Casa Grande? My brother lives there...

High_Plains_Drifter
05-03-2018, 07:56 PM

Damn it, Kath... we'll be thinkin' of ya... hope the home 40 is safe.

Kathianne
05-03-2018, 08:06 PM
What type of job?

Is the smoke near Casa Grande? My brother lives there...

Teaching.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-03-2018, 10:54 PM
Teaching.
My Mom was a teacher... I hope you keep your politics out of the classroom, Kath, and I'd want that from ANY teacher, liberal, conservative, whatever... just sayin'...

Kathianne
05-03-2018, 11:02 PM
My Mom was a teacher... I hope you keep your politics out of the classroom, Kath, and I'd want that from ANY teacher, liberal, conservative, whatever... just sayin'...

I aim for how to think critically, not what to think.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-04-2018, 12:43 AM
I aim for how to think critically, not what to think.
I think you're probably a great teacher.

What exactly do you teach... grade... class... etc?

Kathianne
05-04-2018, 04:08 AM
Thanks. Social studies: i.e. history, civics, geography

Kathianne
05-04-2018, 10:40 PM
I was interviewing for two positions; one 6th grade and one that is 7/8. Two different middle schools, same district.

This was my second of 5 interviews, first went to someone else. :(

I had a message tonight, both principals want me, I can pick and they'll interview the others for the r remaining one. I have to decide by Monday!

I'm on phone, but when I can get to library I'll explain the quandary, but what a lovely position to be in.

So Abbey, visiting you family soon? I'm texting or calling Sassy, I'm going to be much closer to her!

Abbey Marie
05-05-2018, 12:08 AM
I was interviewing for two positions; one 6th grade and one that is 7/8. Two different middle schools, same district.

This was my second of 5 interviews, first went to someone else. :(

I had a message tonight, both principals want me, I can pick and they'll interview the others for the r remaining one. I have to decide by Monday!

I'm on phone, but when I can get to library I'll explain the quandary, but what a lovely position to be in.

So Abbey, visiting you family soon? I'm texting or calling Sassy, I'm going to be much closer to her!

Congrats!

Not very soon, but a visit is def in the plans.

Kathianne
05-05-2018, 12:51 AM
Congrats!

Not very soon, but a visit is def in the plans.

It is definitely hot there! Weirdest trip home. 109 in Phoenix, down to 83 by the time I was approaching Camp Verde. Looking into the distance towards Flagstaff, 4 snow covered peaks.

SassyLady
05-06-2018, 07:22 PM
Decided yet?

Kathianne
05-06-2018, 10:08 PM
Decided yet?

I did! The. HR director called me this morning. Went with the 7/8 position. I'm so excited!

Turns out my SIL nephew is a sheriff in Casa Grande, so she's asking him about safety of the different apartment complexes. Oh, me and cops, related by blood and marriage.

Now trying to figure a move date.

My first inclination was to stay here as long as possible , but since my pain limits work to 5 hours, every other day at best, may not be the best choice.

With a population of over 50k, it's larger than Cottonwood, Sedona, and Camp Verde combined. It's also not spread over so many driving miles.

Hopefully going down week after next to see the school, pick up texts and curriculum, and visit apartments. Hoping to visit possible part time work places. :)

CSM
05-07-2018, 05:26 AM
I did! The. HR director called me this morning. Went with the 7/8 position. I'm so excited!

Turns out my SIL nephew is a sheriff in Casa Grande, so she's asking him about safety of the different apartment complexes. Oh, me and cops, related by blood and marriage.

Now trying to figure a move date.

My first inclination was to stay here as long as possible , but since my pain limits work to 5 hours, every other day at best, may not be the best choice.

With a population of over 50k, it's larger than Cottonwood, Sedona, and Camp Verde combined. It's also not spread over so many driving miles.

Hopefully going down week after next to see the school, pick up texts and curriculum, and visit apartments. Hoping to visit possible part time work places. :)

Congrats, Kathianne!!

Kathianne
05-07-2018, 09:38 AM
Just heard they have the wildfire now contained to 80%. 13k acres burned and quite a few homes. 😥