PDA

View Full Version : Here's what you should know before suing cops

JasonMaverick123@mail.com
05-04-2018, 07:18 AM
A man who was shot and killed by a Kansas City, Kan., police officer Wednesday had previously won a $300,000 excessive force settlement from police across the state line in Kansas City.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Vh_QSJIIw

Manuel G. Palacio, 27, was the man fatally shot by the police officer, his attorney confirmed on Thursday morning. Attorney Tom Porto had represented Palacio in the excessive force case and said he has been in contact with the family since the shooting Wednesday.
The shooting occurred when the Kansas City, Kan., Police Department's violent crimes task force attempted to arrest Palacio about 5 p.m. in the 2400 block of Wood Avenue. The location is near the New Chelsea Elementary School at 24th Street and Wood Avenue.
The officer who shot the man is a 21-year veteran of the department, police said.
The shooting is being investigated by the department's major case unit and will be reviewed by its officer-involved critical incident team.
Attorney Tom Porto had represented Palacio in the excessive force case and said he has been in contact with the family since the shooting Wednesday.
"I was heartbroken when I heard about the circumstances surrounding Manuel's tragic death," Porto told The Star Thursday. "He was very much a family man who will be missed by many."

NightTrain
05-04-2018, 07:54 AM
I'm kind of confused here. The footage is from 2014, the news story is 2015.

No one was shot, but it looks like the cops were a bit overzealous and unprofessional in the 2014 arrest.

Where is your link to the actual story you're talking about?