PDA

View Full Version : McCain is pretty much done

jimnyc
05-08-2018, 08:19 AM
If so, his career is effectively over, and unfortunately, all that is left is discussion of his impending funeral. I do feel bad, as a human, and as someone who preferred him over Obama at the time. He's obviously not who I thought. He's a RINO, but that's cool. He's still a decent man most of the time, IMO. But I'm glad he's done, mainly because he should be with family at this point, but also because he shouldn't be casting votes either, IMO.

Best of luck to you, Mr McCain, and I hope you leave this earth happy, not miserable, your choice.

---

Utah Senator: John McCain Not Expected Back in Senate

Senator Orrin Hatch told reporters he wish Senator McCain would reconsider his wish for President Trump to not attend his funeral.

Orrin Hatch also said he does not expect Senator McCain to return to the Senate.

John McCain told his inner circle this past weekend that he does not want President Trump at his funeral.

Rest - http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/05/utah-senator-john-mccain-not-expected-back-in-senate/

Abbey Marie
05-08-2018, 03:44 PM
It’s his prerogative.

But at this point, he should have his thoughts on much bigger things than whether Trump attends his funeral.

Plus, if someone you dislike takes time to pay respects to you and your family, why not let them?

jimnyc
05-08-2018, 03:52 PM
It’s his prerogative.

But at this point, he should have his thoughts on much bigger things than whether Trump attends his funeral.

Plus, if someone you dislike takes time to pay respects to you and your family, why not let them?

Meh, who cares. The white house will send Pence as a representative. I don't think Trump is going to lose sleep over not being "invited" to a funeral before the death. Kinda petty, but it is his decision to be respected though.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-08-2018, 04:07 PM
Meh, who cares. The white house will send Pence as a representative. I don't think Trump is going to lose sleep over not being "invited" to a funeral before the death. Kinda petty, but it is his decision to be respected though.

I have nothing but the deepest of contempt and utter loathing of the Rino.
WHEN HE TOLD THAT WOMAN DURING HIS PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN , THAT OBAMA WAS A DECENT AND FINE MAN , I WANTED A BOLT OF LIGHTNING TO FIRE DOWN STRIKING THE SOB!!!!
Such as he, gets no sympathy from me..
He is no better than that ffing worm John Kerry, IMHO.
He sold this nation out to advance his career,, ffkk him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--Tyr

pete311
05-08-2018, 04:49 PM
I wouldn't want someone who insulted me quite publicly, at my funeral either.

jimnyc
05-08-2018, 04:59 PM

And no one really stated otherwise. It's his choice to make. I don't think Trump gives a damn anyway, it's not like the insults didn't go in both directions. Neither one really ever cared for the other. And if one wishes the other not at their funeral, so be it. I don't think the living member will care much either way.

Black Diamond
05-08-2018, 04:59 PM
Well that should rule out Obama.

Black Diamond
05-08-2018, 05:00 PM
Well that should rule out Obama.
And, less publicly, but George W as well.

Gunny
05-08-2018, 06:40 PM
Meh, who cares. The white house will send Pence as a representative. I don't think Trump is going to lose sleep over not being "invited" to a funeral before the death. Kinda petty, but it is his decision to be respected though.But that's McCain in a nutshell. Petty.

revelarts
05-08-2018, 07:00 PM
http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-he-john-mccain-is-a-war-hero-because-he-was-captured-i-like-people-that-weren-t-captured-donald-trump-147-57-39.jpg

“My number was so incredible and it was a very high draft number. Anyway so I never had to do that, but I felt that I was in the military in the true sense because I dealt with those people,”

New York Military Academy provided him with
"more training militarily than a lot of the guys that go into the military."

not sure he got by the military with things like that but hey, i think he's right.

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters,"

jimnyc
05-08-2018, 07:07 PM
Odd, based on the thread title and all... but at any rate, McCain is effectively done in politics, as stated. And he's entitled to handle his own funeral wishes. Of course he was the perfect human being, has never insulted anyone....

Go in peace, Mr McCain.

jimnyc
05-08-2018, 07:08 PM
But that's McCain in a nutshell. Petty.

I think he'll best be remembered as "rino", plain and simple. He fit it to a T.

pete311
05-08-2018, 07:10 PM
I think he'll best be remembered as "rino", plain and simple. He fit it to a T.

Like he cares what you call him. Political parties don't mean shit.

jimnyc
05-08-2018, 07:11 PM
You're a Rino. How's that national debt coming along?

Pete, I'm going to warn you ONE time. Don't attack for no reason and try and disrupt. You're welcome for that final warning. You're MORE than welcome to discuss the subject/article though.

jimnyc
05-08-2018, 07:12 PM
Like he cares what you call him. Political parties don't mean shit.

Interesting you change so quickly. And I didn't call anyone anything, it's not a "name", it's a political description.

pete311
05-08-2018, 07:14 PM
Interesting you change so quickly. And I didn't call anyone anything, it's not a "name", it's a political description.

So... you're not calling him a Rino?

jimnyc
05-08-2018, 07:16 PM
So... you're not calling him a Rino?

Yes, and you're acting like I called him a scumbag or something. I simply think he called himself a republican, but FAR too often stood against republican initiatives. So yeah, I think a RINO is what he'll be remembered as, politically. Is it now a curse to describe someone's political leanings over the years?

pete311
05-08-2018, 07:19 PM
Yes, and you're acting like I called him a scumbag or something. I simply think he called himself a republican, but FAR too often stood against republican initiatives. So yeah, I think a RINO is what he'll be remembered as, politically. Is it now a curse to describe someone's political leanings over the years?

So someone in a party is shackled for life and becomes a mindless drone for the party machine? Cool.

CSM
05-08-2018, 07:21 PM
So someone in a party is shackled for life and becomes a mindless drone for the party machine? Cool.

Yep....just like you

Gunny
05-08-2018, 07:24 PM
So someone in a party is shackled for life and becomes a mindless drone for the party machine? Cool.If they're Democrats they sure are. One thing you can't say, is conservatives/Republicans get along.

McCain was an obstructionist to his own party. I want him out of the Senate regardless his health.

pete311
05-08-2018, 07:25 PM
Yep....just like you

mmhmmm I voted for Bush twice.

jimnyc
05-08-2018, 07:26 PM

Umm, no, but if you don't believe in your party anymore, then you leave the party, not make promises and then have a career of different results.

I am FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR from the only one who thinks he leaned so far to the middle/left, that he was barely recognizable as a republican at times. He was known as a RINO for YEARS now.

But Jim is a name calling racist bully and other shit you guys can dream up. Amazing. Now it's wrong to explain where you feel someone falls on the political spectrum!

Speaking of mindless drones for the party machine, have you EVER ONCE started a thread to question ANYTHING democrat? And you'll have the audacity to question others on what they point out? That's ALL you do is criticize in one direction and regurgitate the exact same shit that can be read daily on msnbc. But one would be found dead waiting for you to start a single thread condemning ANYTHING on the left. Yeah, yeah, I heard you Pete, no need to, we have it covered. :rolleyes:

pete311
05-08-2018, 07:30 PM
Umm, no, but if you don't believe in your party anymore, then you leave the party, not make promises and then have a career of different results.

I am FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR from the only one who thinks he leaned so far to the middle/left, that he was barely recognizable as a republican at times. He was known as a RINO for YEARS now.

But Jim is a name calling racist bully and other shit you guys can dream up. Amazing. Now it's wrong to explain where you feel someone falls on the political spectrum!

Speaking of mindless drones for the party machine, have you EVER ONCE started a thread to question ANYTHING democrat? And you'll have the audacity to question others on what they point out? That's ALL you do is criticize in one direction and regurgitate the exact same shit that can be read daily on msnbc. But one would be found dead waiting for you to start a single thread condemning ANYTHING on the left. Yeah, yeah, I heard you Pete, no need to, we have it covered. :rolleyes:

Look at McCain's voting record. He voted party line ~80% of the time.

jimnyc
05-08-2018, 07:33 PM
Look at McCain's voting record. He voted party line ~80% of the time.

80% of the time does nothing to account for the importance of votes. Some are obvious more important votes than others, and many of those important votes are what made folks label him a rino.

pete311
05-08-2018, 07:36 PM
80% of the time does nothing to account for the importance of votes. Some are obvious more important votes than others, and many of those important votes are what made folks label him a rino.

So let me flip that around. If he votes party line 20% but it's the most important 20% then he is a solid republican?

jimnyc
05-08-2018, 07:38 PM
A good article about McCain AND that voting record and why many call him a RINO:

--

Rino John McCain censured by Republican Party in Arizona

It is not often that a political party actually stands up to one of their more powerful members, but in a rare act of courage, the Maricopa County Republican Party has voted by a large margin to censure Senator John McCain based upon his voting record and favoritism of liberal progressive platforms.

---

The Maricopa County Republican Party has voted overwhelmingly to censure Senator John McCain (R-AZ).

Members of the group feel the senator has failed to stand behind the Republican Party’s principles and crossed the aisle and voted with Democrats too many times.

Many GOP members are using the term “RINO” to describe McCain, which stands for “Republican in Name Only.”

The vote was 1,150 for the censure and 351 against. – KPHO Phoenix

Arizona Senator John McCain has for years been referred to as a Maverick, as he tends to use both sides of the fence to further his own agendas. However, since his re-election in 2010, McCain has sided more often with his liberal peers in the Senate, and has fully encompassed the label of RINO, meaning he is a Republican in Name Only.

Yet, it is John McCain’s war stances and attacks on the Tea Party that have brought many Republicans to the point where they believe that the Arizona Senator is a liberal progressive in disguise, and that he uses the Republican party as a mechanism to assure his re-election every six years in a conservative state. In fact, John McCain’s voting record is eerily similar to the former Senator from Pennsylvania, Arlen Specter, who during his career went from the Democratic Party, to the Republican Party, and back to Democrat simply to win elections and remain in power.

Political parties rarely censure one of their own, and to do so means that member has achieved such a high level of criminal or unethical behavior, that to not do anything would mean the Party condones the actions. Thus the Maricopa County Republican Party’s recent censure of a former Presidential candidate and long-standing politician speaks greatly to the power that grass roots conservative movements are having in local state houses in the conservative West.

http://secretsofthefed.com/rino-john-mccain-censured-republican-party-arizona/

jimnyc
05-08-2018, 07:39 PM
So let me flip that around. If he votes party line 20% but it's the most important 20% then he is a solid republican?

I'm not playing your little games pete. If you can't comprehend...

Black Diamond
05-08-2018, 07:49 PM
McCain saved Obamacare and endorsed hillary. His maverick bullshit has been an issue for republicans for decades.

Black Diamond
05-08-2018, 07:49 PM
He comprehends.

Black Diamond
05-08-2018, 07:56 PM
You voted for Obama twice. I don't care if you voted for George Wallace twice. Voting for Obama makes you a radical leftist.

pete311
05-08-2018, 07:57 PM

I understand perfectly that you demand total loyalty.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-08-2018, 11:20 PM
Take good look in the mirror, snowflake.

jimnyc
05-09-2018, 07:43 AM
McCain saved Obamacare and endorsed hillary. His maverick bullshit has been an issue for republicans for decades.

That's kinda the point I was making, and not trying to condemn him. It's just a fact that he'll be remembered as a RINO, that simple. He would have been better off as an independent or whatever, but then would have had less power. But everyone kept voting him in, because of the same reason I always liked him - because of the war hero stuff. But after awhile you can't keep liking someone who is so not much of the party when it comes to the most important of initiatives. And he was also more than a maverick for just his voting record, he was also all over the map and extremely vocal, and of course drew a lot of attention.

"Don't go away mad, just go away" - many musicians, my favorite being Mötley Crüe.

Gunny
05-09-2018, 08:07 AM
That's kinda the point I was making, and not trying to condemn him. It's just a fact that he'll be remembered as a RINO, that simple. He would have been better off as an independent or whatever, but then would have had less power. But everyone kept voting him in, because of the same reason I always liked him - because of the war hero stuff. But after awhile you can't keep liking someone who is so not much of the party when it comes to the most important of initiatives. And he was also more than a maverick for just his voting record, he was also all over the map and extremely vocal, and of course drew a lot of attention.

"Don't go away mad, just go away" - many musicians, my favorite being Mötley Crüe.He WAS an independent. He latched onto the GOP for credibility and campaign funds when he first ran for Senate.

Now let's be real. And I am not trying to bulldoze McCain, but look at the facts. IIRC, during his Navy career he crashed and burned 3 jets, the last one landing him in the Hanoi Hilton. I don't like the term "war hero" to begin with, but from a military perspective alone, he lost his ride and got captured.

Audie Murphy was a war hero. John Basilone was a war hero. At great risk and peril to their own lives, they committed selfless acts of heroism during combat that both stopped the enemy and saved their troops. THAT is a hero. From a purely grunt point of view, getting captured is "EPIC FAIL".

As a Senator, he has done nothing but obstruct the Republicans, and kissed Harry Reid's ass. FAIL.

As a person he is a boor.

So, when I look at his score total: 0

Sorry he has cancer. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I'm not sorry he's leaving the Senate, and as a vet, he doesn't quite cut the "hero" mark with me.

jimnyc
05-09-2018, 08:16 AM
I hear ya Gunny. But we've been lead to believe that ANY pow for any reason is somehow a hero, and I guess I'm guilty. But I know the military folks know better. I won't say that I myself didn't consider him one though. But yeah, it isn't exactly like he did much to earn it.

But yeah, the stories of guys jumping on grenades to save others, running through enemy lines to gather brothers, things like that scream hero to me. The guys that end up with the medal of honor, that type of bravery.

I don't want to condemn Mccain outside of his political crap though. And even there, there were many times I agreed with his stances, but far too many times ended up disappointed in having expectations from him.

NightTrain
05-09-2018, 10:38 AM

Like hell you did.

Gunny
05-09-2018, 11:06 AM
I hear ya Gunny. But we've been lead to believe that ANY pow for any reason is somehow a hero, and I guess I'm guilty. But I know the military folks know better. I won't say that I myself didn't consider him one though. But yeah, it isn't exactly like he did much to earn it.

But yeah, the stories of guys jumping on grenades to save others, running through enemy lines to gather brothers, things like that scream hero to me. The guys that end up with the medal of honor, that type of bravery.

I don't want to condemn Mccain outside of his political crap though. And even there, there were many times I agreed with his stances, but far too many times ended up disappointed in having expectations from him.My issue with it is this: If EVERYONE is a "war hero", then what is a TRUE war hero? The word "hero" has been devalued by its misuse.

And it has been a media-driven, leftwingnut thing, but it has pressured everyone else. A lot of it stems back to Vietnam. The left got crushed for their treatment of vets. So everyone is suddenly a "hero" and "I support the troops but not the war". Then of course, if the right doesn't respond, the left is fingerpointing and yelling "look! the right doesn't care" so the pressure is on to say all the right things.

"Thank you for your service". Appreciate it. When was the last time you said the same to a cop or a fireman? And I don't mean you nor anyone else personally, Jimbob, I mean the universal "y'all, you".

Their jobs SUCK. :laugh:

jimnyc
05-09-2018, 11:19 AM
My issue with it is this: If EVERYONE is a "war hero", then what is a TRUE war hero? The word "hero" has been devalued by its misuse.

And it has been a media-driven, leftwingnut thing, but it has pressured everyone else. A lot of it stems back to Vietnam. The left got crushed for their treatment of vets. So everyone is suddenly a "hero" and "I support the troops but not the war". Then of course, if the right doesn't respond, the left is fingerpointing and yelling "look! the right doesn't care" so the pressure is on to say all the right things.

"Thank you for your service". Appreciate it. When was the last time you said the same to a cop or a fireman? And I don't mean you nor anyone else personally, Jimbob, I mean the universal "y'all, you".

Their jobs SUCK. :laugh:

I agree with you, Gunny.

I ALWAYS thank ALL of them. Especially our military in uniform, I'm never afraid to simply say thank you as I walk on by. My wife is the one that you always read about that silently pays for their meals and leaves.

Gunny
05-09-2018, 11:40 AM
I agree with you, Gunny.

I ALWAYS thank ALL of them. Especially our military in uniform, I'm never afraid to simply say thank you as I walk on by. My wife is the one that you always read about that silently pays for their meals and leaves.
I already suspected your wife is a Saint. She puts up with you.:laugh:

jimnyc
05-09-2018, 12:04 PM
I already suspected your wife is a Saint. She puts up with you.:laugh:

She truly is, and I never state it enough. She's a WONDERFUL WOMAN all the way around. In fact, nearly perfect for me! I'll never know or understand why she's with me and puts up with me. But I am one lucky man.

She's the smartest woman I know. She's got one hell of a career. She's earned every bit of what she gets in return. She's extremely educated and graduated from both Virginia Tech and NYU, and proved that an education makes a difference. And she paid her own way through, worked 2 jobs while going to Tech, and then a FT job while at NYU.

Now she busts her ass all day long, works long hours, pretty much never complains. She's quiet when home, loves to read, and likes to poke at me and laugh, which I would do too if I were her! :) We like the same music, oddly, as you wouldn't see her as a metal and heavy rock listener! But mostly you'll find her listening to the audio of all the harry potter books. If not, reading one of her few million books. She likes to read like there's no tomorrow. She's kind and likes animals.

Ok, not trying to convince anyone of anything, just that I rarely ever bring my wife up, and never brag about her, but I did this one time. :)

jimnyc
05-09-2018, 02:34 PM
Oh, forgot to mention, she's absolutely beautiful too, and a redhead!!

Abbey Marie
05-09-2018, 02:48 PM
Love to see someone openly appreciating their spouse.

:beer:

aboutime
05-09-2018, 08:07 PM

Your blind ignorance does NOT equate, in any way to Loyalty. You hatred, and hypocrisy bring you down every time.

Russ
05-10-2018, 05:41 PM
It’s his prerogative.

Looking at it a different way, why was McCain even commenting about Trump coming to his funeral? Did he really expect that Trump wanted to show up?

Maybe I should call my own press conference right now, just to state that "John McCain is not invited to my funeral". I'm sure McCain would be shaken to the core. :rolleyes:

Let's face it, McCain's statement had no purpose other than taking a shot at Trump. He is acting just like the things he complains about in Trump.