PDA

View Full Version : The Latest: Pompeo returning with 3 Americans detained in NK

jimnyc
05-09-2018, 08:02 AM
Excellent news!! Kinda shows that NK is serious.

---

The Latest: Pompeo returning with 3 Americans detained in NK

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Latest on Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and North Korea (all times local):

8:40 a.m.

President Donald Trump says Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is on his way back from North Korea with three American detainees, saying they "seem to be in good health."

Trump made the announcement on Twitter Wednesday, saying "Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is in the air and on his way back from North Korea with the 3 wonderful gentlemen that everyone is looking so forward to meeting."

Trump added that Pompeo had a "good meeting" with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-pompeo-returning-3-americans-detained-nk-124640882--politics.html

pete311
05-09-2018, 08:33 AM
Great news indeed for these men and their families.

Abbey Marie
05-09-2018, 08:35 AM
I turned on the Commie News Network to see how they would spin this as a negative against Trump. Because we know they will.
Sure enough, that slimeball Cuomo said a couple of positive words about it, then immediately said, but Trump’s breaking the Iran deal will make it much more difficult to get the Iranian hostages released. Boom.

jimnyc
05-09-2018, 08:55 AM
Great news indeed for these men and their families.

Agreed. Their families must be THRILLED waiting for their arrivals! I know I would be!

I turned on the Commie News Network to see how they would spin this as a negative against Trump. Because we know they will.
Sure enough, that slimeball Cuomo said a couple of positive words about it, then immediately said that Trump’s breaking the Iran deal will make it much more difficult to get the Iranian hostages released. Boom.

Meh, they make no difference. The difference is these men coming home to their respective families. That can't be twisted, it's just good no matter how you spin it.

Abbey Marie
05-09-2018, 09:00 AM
Agreed. Their families must be THRILLED waiting for their arrivals! I know I would be!

Meh, they make no difference. The difference is these men coming home to their respective families. That can't be twisted, it's just good no matter how you spin it.

True, but this is exactly how the media keeps the Trump-hatred alive and well, despite his accomplishments. Just like some on this very board exhibit. If you wonder how on earth people can fail to see all the good he is doing, this is how.

Gunny
05-09-2018, 09:00 AM
Sure enough, that slimeball Cuomo said a couple of positive words about it, then immediately said that Trump’s breaking the Iran deal will make it much more difficult to get the Iranian hostages released. Boom.The left is definitely on a spin run with THAT. Trump pulling out of the Iran deal will make it harder to get a deal with NK.

I really don't think so. I think this whole NK thing about that spoiled, pampered little brat getting some attention. He's getting it and is fat, dumb n happy for the moment. IMO, the Iran deal is irrelevant to Un's ego.

They will, of course, try to use it now that the unamerican media has given them the idea, but I think is secondary to Un getting petted by important people.