PDA

View Full Version : Nuclear war with North Korea

jimnyc
05-10-2018, 09:57 AM
Which is what many predicted because of Trump. Now some are predicting the same doom and gloom with Iran. As far as predictions are concerned, the left is batting about .011

---

Remember When All the ‘Experts’ Predicted Nuclear War with North Korea Because of Trump's 'Provocative Rhetoric'?

President Donald Trump announced this morning that three Americans held captive in North Korea were being released. Forgoing a self-reverential Rose Garden ceremony flanked by the parents of the prisoners, Trump simply tweeted it:

https://i.imgur.com/lV61v5s.png

The president later tweeted that newly minted Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and the three Americans would arrive at Andrews Air Force Base at 2:00 a.m., and that he would be there to greet them. Pompeo has held high-level talks with the regime, having previously traveled to North Korea over Easter weekend to meet with Kim:

https://i.imgur.com/OYO7Xlg.png

This good news comes as U.S. relations with North Korea have become unprecedentedly constructive and warm.

Who could have predicted this?

Certainly not the legion of foreign policy "experts" who made dire predictions as Trump ramped up his rhetoric against the regime. For the past year, the consensus of the smart set was that all of Trump's bombastic taunts of "Rocketman" were going to lead us to nuclear Armageddon.

“We’re actually closer, in my view, to a nuclear war with North Korea and in that region than we have ever been,” said Admiral Mike Mullen, a visiting professor at Princeton University's Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs. “And I just don’t see how -- I don’t see the opportunities to solve this diplomatically at this particular point."

Joining the doom and gloom chorus were MSNBC's Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski: “We should be talking about North Korea every day," Scarborough said. "There is a coming war, most likely. Richard Haas, I think you would agree. It is more likely than not that there is a conflict, possibly a full-blown war, with an emerging nuclear power.”

Brzezinski then said Trump wants war with North Korea for the thrill of launching nuclear weapons. "He wants to use nukes," Brzezinski said. "That’s what I think he feels. ... You heard him over the past year. He’s excited about the concept.”

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/video/remember-when-all-the-experts-predicted-nuclear-war-with-north-korea-because-of-trumps-provocative-rhetoric/

NightTrain
05-10-2018, 11:31 AM
Actually, I believe that the hysterics from the liberals are helping to scare the hell out of the Bad Guys around the world.

I can just imagine the sinking feeling when Rocket Man watches CNN or MSNBC or one of the other misguided moonbats raving about how unhinged and bloodthirsty Trump is. From his perspective, if Americans believe Trump is a power-mad lunatic hellbent to kill millions, prudence would dictate that he at least seriously entertain the notion.

Yes, the moonbats are idiots... but in this case they're useful idiots.

Assad probably thinks the same too, but erroneously believed that Russia's vaunted AA systems would defeat any inbound attack. Trump upped the ante by announcing to Putin that the missiles were coming, and then demonstrated that the Russian defense systems were quite inadequate with all 105 missiles hitting as intended.

I don't think Assad will make that mistake again.

jimnyc
05-10-2018, 12:32 PM
And here is how the Democrats feel now. But even with the huge jump - 6% to 26%? Really? Only 26% for what's taking place in NK, with SK, and our own relations with an upcoming meeting. This kind of poll reminds me just how much SOME democrats would prefer failure for their own gain, and don't like to see success of the other side, not even with foreign relations. :(

---

CNN: Democratic Support For Trump’s NoKo Policy Jumps 20 Points In One Month

A CNN poll found that Democratic approval for President Donald Trump’s handling of North Korea jumped a whopping 20 points over just one month.

Trump has managed a series of accomplishments on diplomatic relations with the rogue regime, including securing the release of three American hostages and officially setting a meeting with dictator Kim Jong-Un.

CNN’s David Chalian’s reported on Thursday, “We cannot stress enough — not only is it historic — politically, this is hugely advantageous to President Trump right now.”

He noted that 77 percent of Americans approve of Trump meeting with Kim Jong-Un, which is a 15-point increase from last month. Shockingly, among Democrats, the approval rating for how Trump is handling North Korea jumped 20 points in the same month.

“How about this stat from our poll?” Chalian said with urgency. “Among Democrats, Donald Trump’s approval on how he handles North Korea has gone up 20 points in the last month. From 6-percent approval among Democrats to now 26-percent approval, a quarter of Democrats support and approve what he’s doing on North Korea.”

“A quarter of Democrats don’t ever support or approve anything Donald Trump is doing,” Chalian added, explaining the unprecedented nature of the approval jump.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/10/democratic-support-trump-north-korea/

Abbey Marie
05-10-2018, 03:45 PM
Actually, I believe that the hysterics from the liberals are helping to scare the hell out of the Bad Guys around the world.

I can just imagine the sinking feeling when Rocket Man watches CNN or MSNBC or one of the other misguided moonbats raving about how unhinged and bloodthirsty Trump is. From his perspective, if Americans believe Trump is a power-mad lunatic hellbent to kill millions, prudence would dictate that he at least seriously entertain the notion.

Yes, the moonbats are idiots... but in this case they're useful idiots.

Assad probably thinks the same too, but erroneously believed that Russia's vaunted AA systems would defeat any inbound attack. Trump upped the ante by announcing to Putin that the missiles were coming, and then demonstrated that the Russian defense systems were quite inadequate with all 105 missiles hitting as intended.

I don't think Assad will make that mistake again.

Awesome- unintended consequences.

Gunny
05-10-2018, 04:20 PM
We won't be going to war with Iran anytime soon. They may be all into suicide but I don't think in a completely lopsided way. EVEN IF Iran acquires nuclear weapons tomorrow, they still cannot match us in scale. A one-off shot from them would just be begging us to blow their d*cks off.

If these weenies would look at the "deal", it does not preclude Iran from having nuclear power, nor does it preclude them from eventually having nuclear weapons. The mentality of "let's just put it off until later" of this whole deal amazes me. Especially that young people buy off on it. It's just stupid.

pete311
05-11-2018, 07:36 AM
The experts all knew NK's goal was not nuclear war. They have an agenda and it's not obliterating themselves.

Gunny
05-11-2018, 07:45 AM
The experts all knew NK's goal was not nuclear war. They have an agenda and it's not obliterating themselves.Oh bull-fucking-shit, Pete. Are you ever laying it on thick and deep this morning :rolleyes:

Six months ago you were crying Trump was going to get us into a nuclear war. Now it's "it was planned all along". You are fucking amazing :rolleyes:

pete311
05-11-2018, 08:03 AM
Oh bull-fucking-shit, Pete. Are you ever laying it on thick and deep this morning :rolleyes:

Six months ago you were crying Trump was going to get us into a nuclear war. Now it's "it was planned all along". You are fucking amazing :rolleyes:

mmmm nope, I've been consistent that there was no military option. You guys didn't accept that and thought we should commit genocide. You love genocide.

Gunny
05-11-2018, 08:13 AM
mmmm nope, I've been consistent that there was no military option. You guys didn't accept that and thought we should commit genocide. You love genocide.Nope, and nope. The people from the wonderful countries you support rather than ours are ALL FOR genocide. YOU are misconstruing something I posted. A solution. Period. I offered no morality. Just a tried and true solution. Don't twist my words.

I distinctly recall you criticizing the Hell out of Trump for his handling of NK and provoking Un. I criticized him for it. But I'm not going to run away from my words. I'm glad it worked out. I still wouldn't have handled it the way Trump did because he is dealing with an immature loon.

Grow some balls and man the fuck up, dishrag. Geez ...

pete311
05-11-2018, 08:19 AM
Nope, and nope. The people from the wonderful countries you support rather than ours are ALL FOR genocide. YOU are misconstruing something I posted. A solution. Period. I offered no morality. Just a tried and true solution. Don't twist my words.

I distinctly recall you criticizing the Hell out of Trump for his handling of NK and provoking Un. I criticized him for it. But I'm not going to run away from my words. I'm glad it worked out. I still wouldn't have handled it the way Trump did because he is dealing with an immature loon.

Grow some balls and man the fuck up, dishrag. Geez ...

Having a bad morning Gunny? Hope you feel better!

Gunny
05-11-2018, 08:21 AM
Having a bad morning Gunny? Hope you feel better!Having a bad memory, Pete? I'm not one of those people that forget things from thread to thread. You'll have to work that gimmick on someone else.

Gunny
05-11-2018, 08:24 AM
BTW, aren't you one of the ones who cries about people making things personal? Just wondering. Your response is a total deflection from the topic.

I'm having a great morning if it makes you feel any better.

jimnyc
05-11-2018, 08:55 AM
Having a bad memory, Pete? I'm not one of those people that forget things from thread to thread. You'll have to work that gimmick on someone else.

Pete said point blank back then that we WERE going to have to live with a nuclear North Korea. He was wrong.

Gunny
05-11-2018, 08:58 AM
Pete said point blank back then that we WERE going to have to live with a nuclear North Korea. He was wrong.I remember what he said. How bad is THAT? He HAD to have carried on for ME to remember. :laugh: