PDA

View Full Version : Awkward: NYT Rips Pompeo for Being AWOL

jimnyc
05-10-2018, 09:59 AM
But he wasn't AWOL - he was in NK retrieving American prisoners. NY Times strikes again!!

---

Awkward: NYT Rips Pompeo for Being AWOL—While He Was Busy Rescuing Americans in N. Korea

The New York Times probably wishes it could go back in time 24 hours and rethink this story: “At a Key Moment, Trump’s Top Diplomat Is Again Thousands of Miles Away.”

As the title suggests, the article, written by Gardiner Harris, takes a passive-aggressive jab at the Trump administration, assailing Secretary of State Mike Pompeo for being "AWOL" while the president was pulling out of the Iran deal. Pompeo, of course, was at the time on his way to North Korea to secure the release of three Americans who had been held captive there.

“I am pleased to inform you that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is in the air and on his way back from North Korea with the 3 wonderful gentlemen that everyone is looking so forward to meeting. They seem to be in good health,” President Trump tweeted this morning. “Secretary Pompeo and his ‘guests’ will be landing at Andrews Air Force Base at 2:00 A.M. in the morning. I will be there to greet them. Very exciting!”

https://i.imgur.com/aushFQf.png

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/awkward-nyt-rips-pompeo-for-being-awol-while-he-was-busy-rescuing-americans-in-n-korea/

Elessar
05-10-2018, 10:29 AM
Awkward: NYT Rips Pompeo for Being AWOL—While He Was Busy Rescuing Americans in N. Korea

The New York Times probably wishes it could go back in time 24 hours and rethink this story: “At a Key Moment, Trump’s Top Diplomat Is Again Thousands of Miles Away.”

As the title suggests, the article, written by Gardiner Harris, takes a passive-aggressive jab at the Trump administration, assailing Secretary of State Mike Pompeo for being "AWOL" while the president was pulling out of the Iran deal. Pompeo, of course, was at the time on his way to North Korea to secure the release of three Americans who had been held captive there.

Now isn't it just like a media hack that shoots first without looking? All for a scoop and sensation.

Any egg on your face Gardiner Harris? Oh, by the way Pompeo's trip to NorKor was announced several days ago.
Where were you and your editors, Harris? Sleeping off a hangover?

Idiots!

jimnyc
05-10-2018, 10:30 AM
Now isn't just like a media hack that shoots first without looking? All for a scoop and sensation.

Any egg on your face Gardiner Harris? Oh, by the way Pompeo's trip to NorKor was announced several days ago.
Where were you and your editors, Harris? Sleeping off a hangover?

Idiots!

MSNBC just did the same, grab a story and RAN as fast as possible without any verification at all, and now they too have egg on their face - again.

jimnyc
05-10-2018, 12:29 PM
Trump Gets In Dig At The New York Times As He Welcomes Hostages Home

While welcoming three American hostages who had been held in North Korea, President Donald Trump managed to get in a dig at the New York Times.

Trump spoke briefly to reporters on the tarmac, calling it a “great honor” to welcome the hostages home. The remarks were positive and lighthearted except for a moment when a reporter asked about the new secretary of state, Mike Pompeo.

The Times ran a story Tuesday with the headline, “At a Key Moment, Trumps Top Diplomat Is Again Thousands of Miles Away,” before it was revealed that he was negotiating the release of the hostages.

Trump mentioned the report in his remarks.

“I think our secretary of state, despite the fact that the New York Times said he was missing — he was in North Korea — but I think our secretary of state has done a fantastic job,” Trump said.

“Mike, did you know that you were missing? They couldn’t find you,” the president said, turning to Pompeo. “They couldn’t find you. They couldn’t find him. They couldn’t find him because he was in North Korea.”

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/10/donald-trump-welcomes-hostages-new-york-times-dig/

Gunny
05-10-2018, 03:23 PM
Appears to me both situations -- release of prisoners and Iran -- were handled in a timely, efficient manner.

Next ....