PDA

View Full Version : Release of hostages was staged

jimnyc
05-10-2018, 12:21 PM
So he went and met them when they landed. And we ALL know folks would have criticized him if he did not do so - so damned if you do and damned if you don't. MSNBC just doesn't want to give credit and leave it at that. Imagine that, a president televised such an important event. They ALL do. Similar to a few here who had heart attacks back when Bush took a picture with the military folks on Thanksgiving in Iraq. Who cares even if the coming off the plane was staged somehow. It was still live, the prisoners were still coming home!!

---

Hallie Jackson: Trump Greeting Hostages Was A ‘Staged Production’

MSNBC’s Hallie Jackson praised President Donald Trump on Thursday for securing the release of three hostages held by North Korea, but she also seemed to knock him for making it a “staged production” of their arrival in Washington, DC.

Jackson called the release a “special moment” and a “moment of intense anticipation,” but noted that it was “carefully choreographed.”

“Donald Trump is a former reality show producer,” Jackson asserted. “This was a staged production meant for television; meant for the cameras, meant to be shown and seen here in this country and around the world.”

“You had floodlights lighting up this 30 x 50-foot American flag, hanging in between two ladder trucks, as the plane carrying these men rolled in,” she continued. “This moment when the president and first lady holding hands went up the stairs, spending six minutes in private conversation and then unexpectedly, because we didn’t think that was going to happen, unexpectedly coming over with these men and taking a number of questions from reporters.”

http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/10/hallie-jackson-trump-hostages-staged-production/

Abbey Marie
05-10-2018, 12:27 PM
Aww, whassamatta Hallie? Can hardly control your rage over our President achieving something Obama and Hillary couldn’t?

:crying2:

Elessar
05-10-2018, 12:37 PM
Aww, whassamatta Hallie? Can hardly control your rage over our President achieving something Obama and Hillary couldn’t do?

:crying2:

Aren't the remarks typical? How weak MSNBC is!

Had it been Obama or Hillary <gasp> it would have been banner news with dozens
of sycophantic platitudes rolling through the network coverage.

Gunny
05-10-2018, 03:11 PM
So he went and met them when they landed. And we ALL know folks would have criticized him if he did not do so - so damned if you do and damned if you don't. MSNBC just doesn't want to give credit and leave it at that. Imagine that, a president televised such an important event. They ALL do. Similar to a few here who had heart attacks back when Bush took a picture with the military folks on Thanksgiving in Iraq. Who cares even if the coming off the plane was staged somehow. It was still live, the prisoners were still coming home!!

---

Hallie Jackson: Trump Greeting Hostages Was A ‘Staged Production’

MSNBC’s Hallie Jackson praised President Donald Trump on Thursday for securing the release of three hostages held by North Korea, but she also seemed to knock him for making it a “staged production” of their arrival in Washington, DC.

Jackson called the release a “special moment” and a “moment of intense anticipation,” but noted that it was “carefully choreographed.”

“Donald Trump is a former reality show producer,” Jackson asserted. “This was a staged production meant for television; meant for the cameras, meant to be shown and seen here in this country and around the world.”

“You had floodlights lighting up this 30 x 50-foot American flag, hanging in between two ladder trucks, as the plane carrying these men rolled in,” she continued. “This moment when the president and first lady holding hands went up the stairs, spending six minutes in private conversation and then unexpectedly, because we didn’t think that was going to happen, unexpectedly coming over with these men and taking a number of questions from reporters.”

http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/10/hallie-jackson-trump-hostages-staged-production/Was it more "staged" than Obama presenting Bo Berdahl a medal the White House? Enquiring minds want to know.

Of course it was staged. Everything the President of the United States does is freaking staged right down to lunch with poor people. GMAFB.

hjmick
05-10-2018, 04:04 PM
If one morning I walked on top of the water across the Potomac River, the headline that afternoon would read: 'President Can't Swim.' - Lydon B. Johnson

High_Plains_Drifter
05-10-2018, 04:40 PM
Haggard Hitlery at 3:00 AM...

https://image.ibb.co/kR2x6J/c0a3f2f0f2c88d70ce7a845ee8166a55_election_funny_hu mor.jpg

President Trump at 3:00 AM...

https://image.ibb.co/i6NKLd/43727463_401.jpg

Gunny
05-10-2018, 05:04 PM
WHAT does the President of the United States do in public that is NOT staged? And how much of that staging is FOR and BECAUSE OF the media?

Elessar
05-10-2018, 05:07 PM
Haggard Hitlery at 3:00 AM...

https://image.ibb.co/kR2x6J/c0a3f2f0f2c88d70ce7a845ee8166a55_election_funny_hu mor.jpg

:lol:

Oh, that one is good! I will never forget her (in)famous "3.A.M" comment, and that
comic perfectly sums it up.

Gunny
05-10-2018, 05:09 PM
:lol:

Oh, that one is good! I will never forget her (in)famous "3.A." comment, and that
comic perfectly sums it up.I like the note on the pillow - "Be back later - Bill" :laugh:

aboutime
05-10-2018, 07:27 PM
https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.398661736.0528/flat,800x800,070,f.u3.jpg

Black Diamond
05-10-2018, 07:31 PM
I like the note on the pillow - "Be back later - Bill" :laugh:
Didn't notice that till you pointed it out.

I also like the Bernie doll with pins in it.

Drummond
05-10-2018, 09:51 PM
Nothing President Trump ever does will be good enough for the Left. The best thing to do is simply ignore their pathetic, envy-ridden, carpings.

pete311
05-11-2018, 07:33 AM
I agree Jim. Much ado about nothing. We know the president is a showman. Not really important. Nice the hostages are safe. That is what matters.

Gunny
05-11-2018, 07:57 AM
I agree Jim. Much ado about nothing. We know the president is a showman. Not really important. Nice the hostages are safe. That is what matters.Okay, Pete, while you're being all introspective and worldly this morning ...

And I am not defending Trump per se. I almost cringe when he starts talking. If anyone needed a class on communication skills and dropping repetitive words and needless adjectives, he's close to the top of the list.

But WHO demands the show? The people, mostly on the left. Why? The media has them trained to expect one. I'm sure Trump can't really see it as PR. By now he should consider every photo and/or speaking op as just setting himself up for another shot of criticism from the left. So, I doubt he's doing it for himself. Who does he represent? The people. Who is he doing it for? The people.

Probably just as soon stay in bed. I would.

pete311
05-11-2018, 08:00 AM
Okay, Pete, while you're being all introspective and worldly this morning ...

And I am not defending Trump per se. I almost cringe when he starts talking. If anyone needed a class on communication skills and dropping repetitive words and needless adjectives, he's close to the top of the list.

But WHO demands the show? The people, mostly on the left. Why? The media has them trained to expect one. I'm sure Trump can't really see it as PR. By now he should consider every photo and/or speaking op as just setting himself up for another shot of criticism from the left. So, I doubt he's doing it for himself. Who does he represent? The people. Who is he doing it for? The people.

Probably just as soon stay in bed. I would.

So you are saying Trump is not in control and is doing what the media wants?

Gunny
05-11-2018, 08:29 AM
So you are saying Trump is not in control and is doing what the media wants?Not very good at this, are you?

I'm saying the President of the United States represents the people of the United States. The people of the United States expect certain things from their Chief Executive. They expect it because the media has trained them to.

You included. Look at the finger point. "It was staged". How loud would the wailing and gnashing of teeth be had the President not shown at all? Or not allowed the media on a secure AFB which he has every legal right and authority to do? You and your leftwingnut cohorts would be crying about THAT. "t was lose/lose the second Trump got out of bed and put on his Fozzie Bear slippers.

pete311
05-11-2018, 08:41 AM
Not very good at this, are you?

I'm saying the President of the United States represents the people of the United States. The people of the United States expect certain things from their Chief Executive. They expect it because the media has trained them to.

You included. Look at the finger point. "It was staged". How loud would the wailing and gnashing of teeth be had the President not shown at all? Or not allowed the media on a secure AFB which he has every legal right and authority to do? You and your leftwingnut cohorts would be crying about THAT. "t was lose/lose the second Trump got out of bed and put on his Fozzie Bear slippers.

The issue is not that the media was there. I hope you feel better soon!

Gunny
05-11-2018, 08:46 AM
The issue is not that the media was there. I hope you feel better soon!Feel better? Chores are done. I'm slapping you down at every turn. Coffee's hot. Can't get much better.

The issue most certainly is the media. Do go back and read the OP. This entire thread is because of the media. Or don't you read?

jimnyc
05-11-2018, 09:00 AM
The media is ALWAYS there as far as the president is concerned, for the most part. Of course he can ditch them, but the last time he did that, oh boy, out came the accusations and vitriol. But normally, if he's on an aircraft, the press pool will tag along.

Abbey Marie
05-11-2018, 11:33 AM
And the minute the process of them landing and exiting the plane with Trump isn’t shown, the conspiracy nuts start claiming it never happened, they’re 3 different guys, etc.

Elessar
05-11-2018, 11:42 AM
And the minute the process of them landing and exiting the plane with Trump isn’t shown, the conspiracy nuts start claiming it never happened, they’re 3 different guys, etc.

You are on to the leftist media game too, I see.

Always a "damned if you do - damned if you don't" with therm.

Remember the furor over this most recent media ban?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/09/no-media-allowed-at-dover-ceremony.html

But....but...it was OBAMA in the White House!

Gunny
05-11-2018, 11:49 AM
You are on to the leftist media game too, I see.

Always a "damned if you do - damned if you don't" with therm.

Remember the furor over this most recent media ban?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/09/no-media-allowed-at-dover-ceremony.html

But....but...it was OBAMA in the White House!It's all about the media. And the leftist media will find something negative about Trump no matter what. I wonder how many people that otherwise would not support or are ambivalent to Trump end up supporting him BECAUSE OF the negative media?

Abbey Marie
05-11-2018, 11:51 AM
It's all about the media. And the leftist media will find something negative about Trump no matter what. I wonder how many people that otherwise would not support or are ambivalent to Trump end up supporting him BECAUSE OF the negative media?

My opinion: Anyone with a sense of fairness should turn on the media by now.

Black Diamond
05-11-2018, 11:52 AM
It's all about the media. And the leftist media will find something negative about Trump no matter what. I wonder how many people that otherwise would not support or are ambivalent to Trump end up supporting him BECAUSE OF the negative media?
They continue to give him the publicity he wants.

Black Diamond
05-11-2018, 11:53 AM
My opinion: Anyone with a sense of fairness should turn on the media by now.
Not everyone is interested in fairness

Gunny
05-11-2018, 11:57 AM
To expound .... I don't support Trump anymore than I ever have. I still don't like him personally. However, I am a complete fairness junkie and I think he is treated unfairly by the media, the left and half of the Republican Congress. He's basically doing his job under siege and that American trait of rooting for the underdog kicks in.

I see absolutely no reason to criticize him if he's doing something I think is right. I also see no reason NOT to criticize if he's doing something I disagree with.

So he/his representative negotiated the release of 3 prisoners from NK. Problem? The person making the PR move here is Un, not Trump. It is an international event, as is the whole US/SK/NK process. Be kind of negligent and rude on the President's part to not play his role, wouldn't it?

Not good enough. The media is bitching about a media-staged event.

Abbey Marie
05-11-2018, 11:57 AM
Not everyone is interested in fairness

Obviously

Gunny
05-11-2018, 11:59 AM
If you pretend something didn't happen, does that mean the tree laying in the center of your house is imaginary?

Black Diamond
05-11-2018, 12:13 PM
Enough of this. I want to hear more about Stormy Daniels.

Abbey Marie
05-11-2018, 12:18 PM

Lol.

Actually, was he married to Melania when this allegedly occurred?

aboutime
05-11-2018, 08:27 PM
I agree Jim. Much ado about nothing. We know the president is a showman. Not really important. Nice the hostages are safe. That is what matters.

petey. There ya go again. If, as you insist....it was much ado about nothing. WHY did you feel a need to point that out to anyone...if you are right? Oh..never mind. You slipped up again. Stupidity seems to follow you everywhere you go.

Gunny
05-11-2018, 10:34 PM
Lol.

Actually, was he married to Melania when this allegedly occurred?That's what they are saying. Did you hear her attorney is now under investigation? I didn't catch for what exactly but it sounded like for basically being a shyster.

As crooked as the left is you'd think they'd be better at this crap. Stormy Daniels. Russian collusion. Oh yeah, and his sanity. One can only wonder what they'll pull out next.

Abbey Marie
05-11-2018, 11:55 PM
That's what they are saying. Did you hear her attorney is now under investigation? I didn't catch for what exactly but it sounded like for basically being a shyster.

As crooked as the left is you'd think they'd be better at this crap. Stormy Daniels. Russian collusion. Oh yeah, and his sanity. One can only wonder what they'll pull out next.

Well, then if true, he’s a pretty scummy person.

But as we learned during Clinton’s presidency, that has nothing to do with being President, right?

Gunny
05-12-2018, 12:19 PM
Well, then if true, he’s a pretty scummy person.

But as we learned during Clinton’s presidency, that has nothing to do with being President, right?One would think. At least he's not luring any (that we know of) into the Oval Office.

But there IS that separate set of rules ....

I think what they are trying to do is say Trump paid her off with campaign funds. THAT would be the legal issue.

aboutime
05-12-2018, 08:30 PM
Of course...Bill Clinton.....BUBBA...never staged anything??????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqmWw_i6ekE

aboutime
05-12-2018, 08:48 PM

Word is, coming from the FAKE NEWS CHANNELS....Stormy is ON DEMAND by several Airline Companies that fly over the Atantic, and Pacific Oceans.
Her major BOUYANCY attributes can be used in the COCKPIT to keep Ditching Planes Floating.
https://opimedia.azureedge.net/-/media/images/men/editorial/articles/magazine-articles/2014/08-01/enhanced-meat-the-hidden-salt-were-consuming/tyson-chicken-breasts-jpg.jpg

http://www.historynet.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Sully1200_480.jpg