PDA

View Full Version : I Just Don't Get It

Elessar
05-12-2018, 05:19 PM
Some liberal whiners are creating an effort to remove memorial plaques
of George Washington and Robert E. Lee from Christ Church in Alexandria VA:

http://chippewa.com/opinion/columnists/jay-ambrose-kicking-george-washington-out-of-church/article_c3b27169-8671-5560-a145-cdb5df4789e6.html

Also the liberal enclave that calls itself Arcata CA has had a long-standing effort
afoot to remove a bronze statue of President William McKinley from the town square:

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/mckinley-statue-monument-arcata-tear-down-12704327.php

What I do not get is how many of these whiners were around during the eras of Washington, Lee, and McKinley?
How have the past eras affected their (the whiners) present lives?

My parents told me once that if a certain statue, painting, book or such offends you,
ignore it and mind your own business.

Much of this crap reminds me of 'Homeowner's Associations" telling residents they cannot
fly or display the Flag of the USA.

I just don't get it.

Drummond
05-12-2018, 06:40 PM

http://chippewa.com/opinion/columnists/jay-ambrose-kicking-george-washington-out-of-church/article_c3b27169-8671-5560-a145-cdb5df4789e6.html

Also the liberal enclave that calls itself Arcata CA has had a long-standing effort
afoot to remove a bronze statue of President William McKinley from the town square:

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/mckinley-statue-monument-arcata-tear-down-12704327.php

What I do not get is how many of these whiners were around during the eras of Washington, Lee, and McKinley?

My parents told me once that if a certain statue, painting, book or such offends you,

Much of this crap reminds me of 'Homeowner's Associations" telling residents they cannot

I just don't get it.

It's surely all about removing reminders of where America's greatness, and its very identity, first came from ?

The Left want people to adopt attitudes and a worldview in lockstep with their own. This includes interlocking America to the rest of the world in such a fashion that its very concept of greatness ceases to be something the average citizen can care about, maybe even be aware of.

The Left's 'paradise' is to make the 'Global Village', with nationalism dead, with national identity buried under whatever contributes towards the mountain of political correctness they want to see the US drown in.

Gunny
05-12-2018, 07:11 PM

I just don't get it.
Yet we are supposed to be tolerant of their rainbow faggot flag, BLM, and you name it. Screw them. I have a Confederate Battle Flag. They can come get it.

aboutime
05-12-2018, 07:21 PM
As I have personally witnessed in one public school where one of my grandson's attend. I see the removal of ALL MEMORIES OF OUR HISTORY...as a seemingly easy way for the younger teachers (who also have no idea what our History is, or was...coming from bastions of Liberal Down-sized, brainwashed Liberal instruction in certain Colleges, and Universities)
After all. If the new, young teachers AREN'T TAUGHT OUR HISTORY. Why should we expect them to be able to TEACH our children....if they are dumber than the students???
Take down all of the Historic Statues of our nation...and the Young Teachers need not worry about NOT KNOWING either. Just like the so-called young, wannabe Journalists on CNN and PMSNBC. They didn't really learn the honorable methods of journalism...only the LIBERAL techniques that destroy with FAKE NEWS..just like pulling down Statues that Offend the Ignorant.

Gunny
05-12-2018, 07:24 PM
As I have personally witnessed in one public school where one of my grandson's attend. I see the removal of ALL MEMORIES OF OUR HISTORY...as a seemingly easy way for the younger teachers (who also have no idea what our History is, or was...coming from bastions of Liberal Down-sized, brainwashed Liberal instruction in certain Colleges, and Universities)
After all. If the new, young teachers AREN'T TAUGHT OUR HISTORY. Why should we expect them to be able to TEACH our children....if they are dumber than the students???
Take down all of the Historic Statues of our nation...and the Young Teachers need not worry about NOT KNOWING either. Just like the so-called young, wannabe Journalists on CNN and PMSNBC. They didn't really learn the honorable methods of journalism...only the LIBERAL techniques that destroy with FAKE NEWS..just like pulling down Statues that Offend the Ignorant.Well said. I agree.

Elessar
05-12-2018, 11:09 PM
Yet we are supposed to be tolerant of their rainbow faggot flag, BLM, and you name it. Screw them. I have a Confederate Battle Flag. They can come get it.

liberals...the supposed mindset of tolerance....

In a rat's ass they are.

Elessar
05-13-2018, 12:30 AM

I have one too, as well as a license plate.

I just like them, no politics or racist thoughts involved.

But some think to insist to inject their bigotry, insolence, hatred, racism
into the minds of others; mixing it all out to be half truths.

My basic policy: "Leave me alone, go peddle your hatred and ignorance elsewhere,
or I promise to rip you a verbal new asshole".

Abbey Marie
05-13-2018, 09:42 AM
I knew they’d eventually come for George Washington. Morons.

FakeNewsSux
05-13-2018, 12:43 PM
The one that intrigues me is Jackson Square in New Orleans. To great fanfare the city fathers removed the statue of Gen. Robert E. Lee from its namesake Lee Circle to somehow cleanse the city's soul from celebrating its racist past. Yet you don't hear a peep about removing the statue of Andrew Jackson and renaming Jackson Square. I understand it tends to be the heart of the city and probably its most famous landmark but if they are serious about purging their racist past, this should have been the first spot cleansed. After all it celebrates the founder of the largest and most powerful racially bigoted organization in the history of this country, the Democrat Party. The man pursued the genocide of the Seminole Nation, sent the Cherokee Nation on the infamous death march called the "Trail of Tears' after thumbing his nose at the Supreme Court. His famous response to the Cherokee victory in court to remain in their ancestral homeland, "John Marshall has made his decision; now let him enforce it!" firmly established the Democrat Party's contempt of the Constitution and the rule of law. Not to mention the slave trader's contempt for non-white people that perfectly suited the founder of the party of the KKK, Jim Crow, Japanese interment, lynching and on and on up until today's soft bigotry of low expectations.