PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mother's Day

jimnyc
05-13-2018, 11:03 AM
Happy Mother's Day to all of our Mom's on the board! Without even knowing, I know you're all under appreciated. As one who was a stay at home Dad, the dang job is hard!!

And in addition to that, ALL of our Mom's, it's a special bond. I SO SO wish my Mom were here today so I could go and visit her and give her a big fat hug!! I got to thinking and was sad and all, so I wrote Mom a letter, to get it off of my chest. It may appear kinda corny, as I wrote this truly from my heart and not for a website. I so wish she can read my words. :(

---

Mom,

We haven't spoken since 2010 when you went to Heaven. But I have faith and I know you hear me when I talk to you. I need you to know, that whether you are here or not, I celebrate Mother's Day in your honor. Man folks think their Mom is simply the best, and I am no different than them. I have a Mom who is still teaching me new lessons each and every day, even though she has been in Heaven since 2010.

Mom, that's because you loved me so, and I loved you as much in return. We used to speak almost daily on the telephone. I took it for granted and just thought I would be able to talk with you forever and whenever. Not hearing your voice in return breaks my heart to pieces, Mom, it really does. But it's nothing you did, it's because you were such an awesome Mom. The love you gave, the lessons you taught, and as "cool" as you were as many of my friends would tell me. They all called you "Joanie" as you didn't care much for "Mrs. ****". And you spoke with my friends like you wanted to be one of the guys, and you were accepting of all of my friends, and they too loved you, Mom.

You called me "Your precious", LONG LONG before Gollum started expressing his love for the ring. In fact, I think you loved me more than he did his ring. So don't ever think you didn't get across, or that you need me to know you love me. I know that, Mom, I always did. I just fear that I never expressed myself properly in return, and that hurts me too, Mom. I was always the shy one, the one who got embarrassed easily. I was never very good at expressing my emotions. I would give the I love you in return real quickly and vanish, as if it were something I 'had' to say but didn't truly mean it. But I DID Mom, I always did. Every waking moment of my life, until this very moment, and until the day I take my last breath and come to be with you once again.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom. And I pray to God that you get my message. Many folks claim to have gotten so called signs from their long lost loved ones. I don't know what to think when I hear that, as I've not gotten a sign since 2010. But then I got to thinking about it this morning, Mom, and I realized that I think of you every single day of my life, and try to talk to you daily. Every single day of my life I recall your love for me, and the lessons you taught or inadvertently taught me. And I wonder, is that the sign that's been there all along? I certainly don't need a sign to know my love for you is real and always has been, and that my missing you hurts the same today as it did back then. I miss you tons, Mom. I think you know that. Please give my love to the others, until I see you all again someday.

Elessar
05-13-2018, 11:06 AM
I will visit her grave today as I always do. Perhaps leave her a teddy bear.

Fresh flowers do not last long with the deer around here! But she did love
the deer.

Abbey Marie
05-17-2018, 10:39 PM
Thanks jimnyc !