PDA

View Full Version : Personal blogs?

jimnyc
08-20-2007, 06:22 PM
Typomaniac mentioned this in another thread. It is possible to integrate a blogging system into the board. There is a cheesy free way of doing so, and a great modification out there that must be paid for.

Are others interested in a personal blog through the board?

LiberalNation
08-20-2007, 06:23 PM
I wouldn't mind it but they don't get much views or posts on the boards I've seen with them. Easier just to create a thread for yourself to talk about stuff and it gets more views and comments.

jackass
08-20-2007, 06:39 PM
If someone has so little life that they want to read about someone else's useless life...whatever. :laugh2:

jimnyc
08-20-2007, 07:51 PM
I wouldn't mind it but they don't get much views or posts on the boards I've seen with them. Easier just to create a thread for yourself to talk about stuff and it gets more views and comments.

If someone has so little life that they want to read about someone else's useless life...whatever. :laugh2:

I tend to agree with both, but then again I'm not a very good blogger. I like to write songs and poems but I don't like to share them. If I just want to rant to a general audience I can just do so here on the board!

But Typo was interested, and if enough others were as well I would implement the system.

08-20-2007, 07:53 PM
eh no big deal either way to me.

nevadamedic
08-20-2007, 08:12 PM
I tend to agree with both, but then again I'm not a very good blogger. I like to write songs and poems but I don't like to share them. If I just want to rant to a general audience I can just do so here on the board!

But Typo was interested, and if enough others were as well I would implement the system.

A personal blog is a good way to update people who care on whats going on in your life. I have only ever used Myspace for that though since thats where all my friends can contact me.

glockmail
08-20-2007, 08:22 PM

Are others interested in a personal blog through the board?

I think personal blogs are gay.

Mr. P
08-20-2007, 09:58 PM
I think personal blogs are gay.

I never read them..a waste of space on a board, IMO.

82Marine89
08-20-2007, 10:51 PM
It'll be like a Christmas toy or 8 Chanukah toys. Played with for the first few weeks, then left to rot for something new.

typomaniac
08-20-2007, 10:54 PM
True for most. From what I've seen, the 3% of users who actually maintain their blogs do attract an audience from the board (based on hit counts).

glockmail
08-20-2007, 10:59 PM
True for most. From what I've seen, the 3% of users who actually maintain their blogs do attract an audience from the board (based on hit counts). There you go. Just like queers, Bloggers aren't normal. :laugh2:

typomaniac
08-20-2007, 11:02 PM
There you go. Just like queers, Bloggers aren't normal. :laugh2:

Haven't you had enough shoved up your ass lately? :p

glockmail
08-21-2007, 06:01 AM
Haven't you had enough shoved up your ass lately? :p Unlike queesrs, nothing has ever been shoved up my ass. Except that long black thingy during those two proctology exams.:pee:

typomaniac
08-21-2007, 11:42 AM
Unlike queesrs, nothing has ever been shoved up my ass. Except that long black thingy during those two proctology exams.:pee:
I'm sure we all appreciate your sharing that, monkey boy. :ahole:

dan
08-21-2007, 12:26 PM
Unlike queesrs, nothing has ever been shoved up my ass. Except that long black thingy during those two proctology exams.:pee:

Word to the wise: proctologists don't operate out of beat-up old vans.;)

nevadamedic
08-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Word to the wise: proctologists don't operate out of beat-up old vans.;)

You found out the hard way? :laugh2: *Literally* :laugh2:

glockmail
08-21-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm sure we all appreciate your sharing that, monkey boy. :ahole:
Then you shoudn't have ax'd about the ol' bung-hole. :pee:

glockmail
08-21-2007, 01:04 PM
Word to the wise: proctologists don't operate out of beat-up old vans.;) You mean Procto-mobile? No, no. This was Doctor Kelly in Syracuse, the sweetest old man you'd ever meet. I had a big ol' grape down on the rim, so painful I literally could not see more than about 3 feet in front of me, and zero peripheral vision. He gave me an itty bitty shot, sliced that baby off, and it was like someone turning a light on. It was such a relief, I must confess I almost kissed the old geezer. :laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
08-21-2007, 01:06 PM
I much prefer being able to respond to a query in the form of a "What do you think of (insert issue here)" thread. I don't like to think I have the time to sit around and write a blog. Nobody reads them anyway. I kept a blog about my house and my renovation progress for a little while, but I don't think anyone really read it. It was a waste of time.

dan
08-22-2007, 05:59 AM
You mean Procto-mobile? No, no. This was Doctor Kelly in Syracuse, the sweetest old man you'd ever meet. I had a big ol' grape down on the rim, so painful I literally could not see more than about 3 feet in front of me, and zero peripheral vision. He gave me an itty bitty shot, sliced that baby off, and it was like someone turning a light on. It was such a relief, I must confess I almost kissed the old geezer. :laugh2:

I nominate this thread for the TMI hall of fame. :laugh2:

glockmail
08-22-2007, 07:40 AM
I nominate this thread for the TMI hall of fame. :laugh2: TMI is another glock-tactic to shut up dicfors like Typomaniac. :laugh2:

dan
08-22-2007, 08:44 AM
TMI is another glock-tactic to shut up dicfors like Typomaniac. :laugh2:

Ah, so this is like the skunk defense of the message board world!

glockmail
08-22-2007, 09:25 AM
Ah, so this is like the skunk defense of the message board world!
Its a bit more sophisticated than that. I make the obviously incorrect assumption that the guy is expressing deep concern instead of a shallow insult, then hit him with a dose of reality. He's expecting a return punch but gets something completely different, thus can't figger out a valid response.

Guernicaa
08-22-2007, 10:07 AM
Sounds like a good idea.

I have my own personal one though.

glockmail
08-22-2007, 11:42 AM
Sounds like a good idea.

I have my own personal one though.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=108282&postcount=7

The glockster proven correct once again. :D

darin
08-22-2007, 11:43 AM
I dont have a blog because nobody cares what I have to say. :)

glockmail
08-22-2007, 11:53 AM
I dont have a blog because nobody cares what I have to say. :)
Lets face facts nobody cares what you, I or 99.9% of everyone else has to say. Its only those who are delusional think otherwise. Bet-wetting Obama is the perfect example.

hjmick
08-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Did somebody say something?

typomaniac
08-22-2007, 12:20 PM
TMI is another glock-tactic to shut up dicfors like Typomaniac. :laugh2:

Too bad it doesn't work.

"You're a dicfor. Dicfor!" "MAAAAAAAAAAAAHM! He called me a 'dicfor!'" :rolleyes: :puke3:

Don't make me stop this car, monkey-boy.

dan
08-22-2007, 12:20 PM

Who cares?:cool:

glockmail
08-22-2007, 02:21 PM
I dunno, wasn't listening.

typomaniac
08-22-2007, 04:14 PM
I dunno, wasn't listening.

Do you ever? :cool: