PDA

View Full Version : The ROYAL Wedding

High_Plains_Drifter
05-19-2018, 08:30 AM
I've watched maybe a MINUTE of the coverage of it, and I'm SICK OF IT... REALLY... I don't give a RATS ASS about these... ahem... "ROYALS." Royal my ass, they're just PEOPLE, they shit, piss, shower, dress and undress just like everyone else on the PLANET. Why make such a BIG DEAL out of these two PEOPLE? I couldn't care LESS.

$34,000,000 spent on all that POMP and EXTRAVAGANCE. WHAT FOR?

I wonder what all the MUSLIMS in London think of it.

Gunny
05-19-2018, 08:37 AM
It's all over my TV which I find annoying. I was looking for NEWS. Barbie married Ken. Yay :smoke: Can we get on with something important like the weather?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-19-2018, 09:46 AM
I have not watched one second of it and will not unless I come across it by accident when flipping through the channels. Why should I, what are those people to me? Nothing.
I have always been amazed all people that stand in awe of royalty and/or other high profile public people.
My take is --- they eat, sleep and die like the rest of us and just because certain privileges are gained by wealth and fame, etc- makes them no better than any other human on earth.
Kinda funny to watch others go ape-shit crazy of such nonsense but hey people are oft shallow , crazy, stupid and /or easily led by their noses ( news media, etc.)...
A man that is honorable, stands his own ground, never backs down, helps others when possible deserves respect, whereas wealth and fame, family heritage garners none for me unless those other previously cited qualities lie therein as well. - Tyr

Gunny
05-19-2018, 09:56 AM
I have not watched one second of it and will not unless I come across it by accident when flipping through the channels. Why should I, what are those people to me? Nothing.
I have always been amazed all people that stand in awe of royalty and/or other high profile public people.
My take is --- they eat, sleep and die like the rest of us and just because certain privileges are gained by wealth and fame, etc- makes them no better than any other human on earth.
Kinda funny to watch others go ape-shit crazy of such nonsense but hey people are oft shallow , crazy, stupid and /or easily led by their noses ( news media, etc.)...
A man that is honorable, stands his own ground, never backs down, helps others when possible deserves respect, whereas wealth and fame, family heritage garners none for me unless those other previously cited qualities lie therein as well. - TyrIt's not even about who they are to me. I didn't even want to go to MY wedding. In hindsight I should have listened to my intuition :laugh:

I guess it's cool for tradition and whatnot, but it boggles my mind at times the things people find important. This wedding. Hour long documentaries of the screwed of lives of people like Charlie Sheen, Mel Gibson, Miley Cyrus ... they still run crap all day on JFK on Nov 22nd, Charles Manson every August, MLK every Jan 18th ... It's like who cares?

There's a show on at midnight every night on REELZ that is nothing BUT Hollywood gossip and people eat that crap up. What's Chelsea Clinton doing now? Who f-ing cares? Hopefully looking for a plastic bag to put over her head :rolleyes:

Black Diamond
05-19-2018, 11:01 AM
My wife got up this morning and went and watched it with her "girls night out" group.

Gunny
05-19-2018, 11:03 AM
My wife got up this morning and went and watched it with her "girls night out" group.:lmao:

Bet you can't wait for her to come home and relay the play-by-play to you

High_Plains_Drifter
05-19-2018, 11:12 AM
It's not even about who they are to me. I didn't even want to go to MY wedding. In hindsight I should have listened to my intuition :laugh:

I guess it's cool for tradition and whatnot, but it boggles my mind at times the things people find important. This wedding. Hour long documentaries of the screwed of lives of people like Charlie Sheen, Mel Gibson, Miley Cyrus ... they still run crap all day on JFK on Nov 22nd, Charles Manson every August, MLK every Jan 18th ... It's like who cares?

There's a show on at midnight every night on REELZ that is nothing BUT Hollywood gossip and people eat that crap up. What's Chelsea Clinton doing now? Who f-ing cares? Hopefully looking for a plastic bag to put over her head :rolleyes:
I get 150 some channels but not REELZ. Guess I'm not missing anything.

Gunny
05-19-2018, 11:44 AM
I get 150 some channels but not REELZ. Guess I'm not missing anything.Not much. During the day they usually show bio's and one day will be mobsters, then serial killers, f-d up celebrities ... Every once in awhile some campy movie. That show I mentioned about Hollyweirdo's is pretty much the only thing current they have. It's called "Celebrity Page" or something like that.

You aren't missing anything.

Gunny
05-19-2018, 01:58 PM
"The Dorothy Stratten Story: A Hollywood Murder" is on now. She;'s been dead since the 70s. Her best work was her Playboy layout because it sure as Hell wasn't that movie she starred in.

Good thing I get more than one channel :laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
05-19-2018, 03:44 PM
"The Dorothy Stratten Story: A Hollywood Murder" is on now. She;'s been dead since the 70s. Her best work was her Playboy layout because it sure as Hell wasn't that movie she starred in.

Good thing I get more than one channel :laugh:
About my favorite channel is MeTo. It's all oldies. I go a week or two ahead in the guide and record all the Hogan's Heros, Gomer Pyle, Petticoat Junction, I Dream of Jeannie, etc. The Smithsonian Channel usually has some good shit on it too.

You realize just how sappy a lot of those old shows are now, but they're still a hell of a lot more fun to watch than 90% of the CRAP on now.

Black Diamond
05-19-2018, 07:00 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11418&stc=1

aboutime
05-19-2018, 07:11 PM
https://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/intelligencer/2018/05/19/19-melania-trump-wh.w710.h473.jpg
It was great timing for the President to tend to MORE IMPORTANT business than his NON INVITE to Harry's Temporary Hookup with Maxine Waters, and Al Sharpton's favorite Actress and Hypocrite.
I predict...the wedding won't last long. And not because of any tunnel accident. But rather, after Harry catches her cheating on him with SPIKE LEE...who can put her in Movies faster than Harry can say..."Uh oh!"

https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/106/590x/games-615338.jpg

Drummond
05-19-2018, 07:41 PM
... Umm ... well, being British, I see this wedding a little differently. I am used to having a monarchy, and we here see the Royal Family as an asset to our very identity. Something we can take a sense of pride from ...

I'm not strongly pro-Monarchist, but neither am I against them. I certainly don't begrudge them their wedding in any sense, not its finery, not its coverage in the international media.

Take this for what it's worth to you (if anything ?) ... the sermon Bishop Michael Bruce Curry gave at that wedding service. He's an American (no doubt Meghan's being the bride was responsible for an American giving this sermon), and, well, we British aren't used to sermons delivered in quite this way ! He was something of a breath of fresh air to some of us, I think.

To some ... because of his unorthodox delivery (by our standards), he was amusing (he got a couple of laughs). Note the reactions of some of those who attended, as they sat there, listening ...

Certainly Huw Edwards (BBC commentator) was moved to describe his performance as 'forceful and passionate' ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtOYXtkilMk

Gunny
05-19-2018, 08:19 PM
... Umm ... well, being British, I see this wedding a little differently. I am used to having a monarchy, and we here see the Royal Family as an asset to our very identity. Something we can take a sense of pride from ...

I'm not strongly pro-Monarchist, but neither am I against them. I certainly don't begrudge them their wedding in any sense, not its finery, not its coverage in the international media.

Take this for what it's worth to you (if anything ?) ... the sermon Bishop Michael Bruce Curry gave at that wedding service. He's an American (no doubt Meghan's being the bride was responsible for an American giving this sermon), and, well, we British aren't used to sermons delivered in quite this way ! He was something of a breath of fresh air to some of us, I think.

To some ... because of his unorthodox delivery (by our standards), he was amusing (he got a couple of laughs). Note the reactions of some of those who attended, as they sat there, listening ...

Certainly Huw Edwards (BBC commentator) was moved to describe his performance as 'forceful and passionate' ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtOYXtkilMkNo offense was intended. In all fairness on MY part, I have yet to watch a Presidential inauguration. Or funeral. I have no interest in them.

I did watch something about Queen Elizabeth because she's been around since before my mother was born. I think the Diana thing burned me out on the Royal Family. She got treated like a queen when she had no official title. I've always wondered who was paying the bills for her to run around the World playing do-gooder after she and Charles divorced.

And in keep with the complaining I was doing above about them having documentaries annually on different celebrities, every anniversary of her death the's got the channel all day long.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-19-2018, 08:23 PM
I mean no offense to Drummond either, but I just have no time for "ROYALS." I don't think anyone should be a king or a queen or whatever and be insanely rich for doing NOTHING, for just having a TITLE.

I guess I get that from being an American, where we don't have that, and fought against it. We'll elect our leaders. They're not born into it.

Gunny
05-19-2018, 08:34 PM
I mean no offense to Drummond either, but I just have no time for "ROYALS." I don't think anyone should be a king or a queen or whatever and be insanely rich for doing NOTHING, for just having a TITLE.

I guess I get that from being an American, where we don't have that, and fought against it. We'll elect our leaders. They're not born into it.I can see the history and tradition. You're being too pragmatic. The Queen of England and the Royal Family have no actual role in government and the people of England are the ones that want their King and Queen and are willing to pay for them. I don't think you'll find many Brits that would say otherwise.

In that regard, it's their business. I don't blame them for not being like us where we destroy all our history and traditions based on the political flavor of the day.

Gunny
05-19-2018, 08:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlcIKh6sBtc

:laugh:

Abbey Marie
05-19-2018, 08:39 PM

So, I got up at 5 am to see this. I’ve done so for Kate Middleton ,and even Princess Diana. I love weddings and England.

I had a different take on the black American Pastor and the gospel music, and singing “Stand By Me” in the church. Megan is only half black, and the royals are I’d assume all white. Why make the ceremony so American and so black culturally? Can’t royal weddings stay traditional?

Also, this B-grade actress is apparently quite liberal. Will she, with smitten Harry, start changing the monarchy? I hope not.

Gunny
05-19-2018, 08:44 PM
So, I got up at 5 am to see this. I’ve done so for Kate Middleton ,and even Princess Diana. I love weddings and England.

I had a different take on the black American Pastor and the gospel music, and singing “Stand By Me” in the church. Megan is only half black, and the royals are I’d assume all white. Why make the ceremony so American and so black culturally? Can’t royal weddings stay traditional?

Also, this B-grade actress is apparently quite liberal. Will she, with smitten Harry, start changing the monarchy? I hope not.I wish I knew someone I could have bet with and I don't gamble. I bet only on sure things.

I KNEW you were going to be right on top of it. Was just waiting for the post :)

High_Plains_Drifter
05-19-2018, 09:09 PM
I can see the history and tradition. You're being too pragmatic. The Queen of England and the Royal Family have no actual role in government and the people of England are the ones that want their King and Queen and are willing to pay for them. I don't think you'll find many Brits that would say otherwise.

In that regard, it's their business. I don't blame them for not being like us where we destroy all our history and traditions based on the political flavor of the day.
Wait until the muslims get done in Britain... there won't be any more royals either.

Gunny
05-19-2018, 09:13 PM
Wait until the muslims get done in Britain... there won't be any more royals either.That's another thing Britain is going to have to handle on its own.

The US began from people fleeing religious prosecution in England. Look for round two when the rest of the Brits cross "the Pond" to get away from religious persecution.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-19-2018, 09:20 PM
That's another thing Britain is going to have to handle on its own.

The US began from people fleeing religious prosecution in England. Look for round two when the rest of the Brits cross "the Pond" to get away from religious persecution.
They've got a real problem, and they're not facing it. They're pretending that all their political correctness and lovey dovey bull shit is going to just go along forever, and that's not the way muslims play. They're looking to take over Britain, and they're exploiting the Brits weakness, and that's their bizarre, mind boggling stranglehold on speech and thought. They have people in their country that want to KILL them, and they have NO INTENTION of ASSIMILATING, and you'd THINK they KNOW IT, but they're NOT ALLOWED TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT... it's insane, and it won't end well. None of them have any guns, they elected the very person that's their enemy as their mayor... I watch all that and think... WHAT IN THE FUCK ARE THESE PEOPLE THINKING? They're more concerned with keeping their ROYALS fat, happy and rich for being BORN.

LIBERALISM is a mental disorder.

Gunny
05-19-2018, 09:33 PM
They've got a real problem, and they're not facing it. They're pretending that all their political correctness and lovey dovey bull shit is going to just go along forever, and that's not the way muslims play. They're looking to take over Britain, and they're exploiting the Brits weakness, and that's their bizarre, mind boggling stranglehold on speech and thought. They have people in their country that want to KILL them, and they have NO INTENTION of ASSIMILATING, and you'd THINK they KNOW IT, but they're NOT ALLOWED TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT... it's insane, and it won't end well. None of them have any guns, they elected the very person that's their enemy as their mayor... I watch all that and think... WHAT IN THE FUCK ARE THESE PEOPLE THINKING? They're more concerned with keeping their ROYALS fat, happy and rich for being BORN.

LIBERALISM is a mental disorder.They did the same with Hitler. Those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Truth be told, ti wasnt that British resolve and stiff upper lip that save them from Hitler. Hitler being a dumbass saved them from Hitler. If he'd had his head screwed on right he could have taken England easily in 1939 and nobody could have stopped him.

This is a different enemy. They don't quit. They're like fireants. You can kill them off and beat them back and they're back again sooner or later. Charles Martel first beat their raghead asses back out of France and Europe in 732. This is 2018. And they're STILL coming. The only thing that has worked is to kill them all and beat them back to the ME. Even that has been but a temporary solution.

If someone doesn't wake up here, we're next.

Black Diamond
05-19-2018, 09:36 PM
They did the same with Hitler. Those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Truth be told, ti wasnt that British resolve and stiff upper lip that save them from Hitler. Hitler being a dumbass saved them from Hitler. If he'd had his head screwed on right he could have taken England easily in 1939 and nobody could have stopped him.

This is a different enemy. They don't quit. They're like fireants. You can kill them off and beat them back and they're back again sooner or later. Charles Martel first beat their raghead asses back out of France and Europe in 732. This is 2018. And they're STILL coming. The only thing that has worked is to kill them all and beat them back to the ME. Even that has been but a temporary solution.

I hate fucking fire ants.

Gunny
05-19-2018, 09:47 PM
I hate fucking fire ants.Hah! I've been to war with those little f*ckers too. They're just like ragheads. Wage war against them half the Spring and Summer and all you do is run them off into the neighbors' yards and they'll be back again next Spring.

Abbey Marie
05-19-2018, 10:12 PM
Wait until the muslims get done in Britain... there won't be any more royals either.

Funny you should say that. When the bride and groom emerged from the church, loudest among the crowd’s cheering were those Middle East shrieking women sounds. You know that strange loud sound they do with their tongues. At a royal wedding, it seemed really obnoxious to me.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-19-2018, 10:13 PM
They did the same with Hitler. Those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Truth be told, ti wasnt that British resolve and stiff upper lip that save them from Hitler. Hitler being a dumbass saved them from Hitler. If he'd had his head screwed on right he could have taken England easily in 1939 and nobody could have stopped him.

WE saved the Brits from HITLER. If we hadn't been for us risking our lives and boats and planes to send the Brits supplies before Hitler got on their border, they wouldn't have lasted as long as they did before we hit the shores of Normandy.

And you're right, the muslims know only ONE thing, and that is CONQUER, PERIOD, END OF STORY, and they're in Britain to CONQUER. WHY they don't GET THAT is BEYOND ME... and you fuckin' A, we're NEXT. But frankly I don't see president Trump being that STUPID. Obama was ENABLING them. He had them all over in his administration and even his TOP ADVISER was a muslim BITCH from IRAN, Valerie ole girl... fuckin' whore. I wouldn't piss on her if she was on FIRE... or obama... and the people that voted for that rancid little muslim kenyan DOG TURD make me sick.

I have a "GOOD" friend, and he voted for obama, both times... we don't talk about it. I was over there the other day and his fat, ugly woman came out to his shop to get in the car and said, "STORMY DANIELS FOR PRESIDENT," and ya, THAT SET ME OFF. So he started in with some lame ass shit about Trump and I shut him right up. All he could muster was... "I don't want to talk about politics." Ya... I wouldn't either if all I had was BULL SHIT.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-19-2018, 10:15 PM
Funny you should say that. When the bride and groom emerged from the church, loudest among the crowd’s cheering were those Middle East shrieking women sounds. You know that strange loud sound they do with their tongues. At a royal wedding, it seemed really obnoxious to me.
I know what sound you're talking about... wonder if they were in support of ROYAL proceedings or not. Maybe they meant them as an insult... ya never know.

Abbey Marie
05-19-2018, 10:21 PM
I know what sound you're talking about... wonder if they were in support of ROYAL proceedings or not. Maybe they meant them as an insult... ya never know.

I wondered that, too. And either way, it was screeching and obnoxious. Uggh.

Gunny
05-19-2018, 10:43 PM
Funny you should say that. When the bride and groom emerged from the church, loudest among the crowd’s cheering were those Middle East shrieking women sounds. You know that strange loud sound they do with their tongues. At a royal wedding, it seemed really obnoxious to me.Should be in the ME at prayer time. They get in a tower on a loudspeaker and whine their little asses off.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-19-2018, 10:47 PM
Should be in the ME at prayer time. They get in a tower on a loudspeaker and whine their little asses off.
Sounds like someone strangling a coyote.

Gunny
05-19-2018, 10:47 PM
WE saved the Brits from HITLER. If we hadn't been for us risking our lives and boats and planes to send the Brits supplies before Hitler got on their border, they wouldn't have lasted as long as they did before we hit the shores of Normandy.

And you're right, the muslims know only ONE thing, and that is CONQUER, PERIOD, END OF STORY, and they're in Britain to CONQUER. WHY they don't GET THAT is BEYOND ME... and you fuckin' A, we're NEXT. But frankly I don't see president Trump being that STUPID. Obama was ENABLING them. He had them all over in his administration and even his TOP ADVISER was a muslim BITCH from IRAN, Valerie ole girl... fuckin' whore. I wouldn't piss on her if she was on FIRE... or obama... and the people that voted for that rancid little muslim kenyan DOG TURD make me sick.

I have a "GOOD" friend, and he voted for obama, both times... we don't talk about it. I was over there the other day and his fat, ugly woman came out to his shop to get in the car and said, "STORMY DANIELS FOR PRESIDENT," and ya, THAT SET ME OFF. So he started in with some lame ass shit about Trump and I shut him right up. All he could muster was... "I don't want to talk about politics." Ya... I wouldn't either if all I had was BULL SHIT.EVEN IF Trump wins a second term, that's only 6 1/2 more years.

You don't think the Dems are going to scale back on their onslaught of the US Constitution and enemy hugging, do you? Trump is a welcome respite from the downhill roll we're on. Nothing more.

He's essentially doing the same thing Bush did. Changing all these bullshit rules but he's only gotten one signed into law. His can disappear as fast as Obama's have.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-19-2018, 10:56 PM
EVEN IF Trump wins a second term, that's only 6 1/2 more years.

You don't think the Dems are going to scale back on their onslaught of the US Constitution and enemy hugging, do you? Trump is a welcome respite from the downhill roll we're on. Nothing more.

He's essentially doing the same thing Bush did. Changing all these bullshit rules but he's only gotten one signed into law. His can disappear as fast as Obama's have.
But, the country is liking it, and liable to vote someone else in in 2020 that plays by the same rules as Trump did. I think people got a real good dose of just how FUCKED obama had things and they don't want a repeat. The liberals had a run, a good long run, but I think the country is on a trend against democrats because they're just going HOG ASS WILD. They're showing their true colors now, just how rabid and corrupt and vile bunch they are. Some might cotton up to that trash, but the majority doesn't.

In any case, in 6.5 more years I'll be almost 70. I won't have a whole lot longer left on this earth. The nation can go to hell in a hand basket when I'm dead... I won't give a fuck. Let 'em live in their sewer of liberal shit.

Gunny
05-19-2018, 11:20 PM
But, the country is liking it, and liable to vote someone else in in 2020 that plays by the same rules as Trump did. I think people got a real good dose of just how FUCKED obama had things and they don't want a repeat. The liberals had a run, a good long run, but I think the country is on a trend against democrats because they're just going HOG ASS WILD. They're showing their true colors now, just how rabid and corrupt and vile bunch they are. Some might cotton up to that trash, but the majority doesn't.

In any case, in 6.5 more years I'll be almost 70. I won't have a whole lot longer left on this earth. The nation can go to hell in a hand basket when I'm dead... I won't give a fuck. Let 'em live in their sewer of liberal shit.The country is fickle and has a "what have you done for me lately?" mentality. It hBut by the time he left office, the right was so tired of 8 years of whining and crying and lying from the left, and they were complacent that they pretty-much no-showed the 08 election. We know how THAT turned out.

The Republican party has also lost a lot of support. Conservatives don't want these RINOs and they're tired of them clinging to office. Problem is, running off an incumbent is a coin toss as to which party gets the seats.

And, when the Democrats are willing to cheat and commit voter fraud like they did in Alabama and they get away with it, it doesn't matter what the people like. No one is holding the Democrats' feet to the fire for all their unethical and unlawful crap. Until someone does, they'll keep right on doing it.

I'm going for the "good luck" method. Better to be lucky than good :) I'm hoping the Dems will still be in the throes of their fi of depression and too bummed to show at the polls.

Black Diamond
05-19-2018, 11:26 PM
Yeah see what's British about that.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-19-2018, 11:29 PM
The country is fickle and has a "what have you done for me lately?" mentality. It hBut by the time he left office, the right was so tired of 8 years of whining and crying and lying from the left, and they were complacent that they pretty-much no-showed the 08 election. We know how THAT turned out.

The Republican party has also lost a lot of support. Conservatives don't want these RINOs and they're tired of them clinging to office. Problem is, running off an incumbent is a coin toss as to which party gets the seats.

And, when the Democrats are willing to cheat and commit voter fraud like they did in Alabama and they get away with it, it doesn't matter what the people like. No one is holding the Democrats' feet to the fire for all their unethical and unlawful crap. Until someone does, they'll keep right on doing it.

I'm going for the "good luck" method. Better to be lucky than good :) I'm hoping the Dems will still be in the throes of their fi of depression and too bummed to show at the polls.
Ole Trump has been talking about term limits though. Even a couple other congress critters. I don't think that would have come up if it was something that was just going to be forgotten. Trump is kinda like a pit bull. He clamps down on something and he doesn't let go, so we could, might, maybe we'll see an effort to get term limits passed. But, might was well piss up a rope as think that would ever happen though. These establishment RINOs and their democrap counter parts aren't going to vote for anything that puts their gravy train in jeopardy.

Course there's also that push for a Convention of States... and that keeps right on going on, gaining steam... I get reports on it... it's constantly, quietly, gaining support.

Black Diamond
05-20-2018, 07:26 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11420&stc=1

Black Diamond
05-20-2018, 09:50 AM

I get that. National pride. I appreciate that. What I don't get is the American obsession with the royals. There are many who are not into England at all but follow the royals constantly. everything Charles and Diana or fergie did... All over the tabloids here.

Gunny
05-20-2018, 10:02 AM
I get that. National pride. I appreciate that. What I don't get is the American obsession with the royals. There are many who are not into England at all but follow the royals constantly. everything Charles and Diana or fergie did... All over the tabloids here.

Bet those people you mentioned follow Lindsay Lohan and Miley Cyrus too :laugh:

I didn't intend to insult anyone with my comments. I just have ZERO interest in dog-n-pony shows. I HATED parades in the Corps. ESPECIALLY if I had to be in the damned things. And REALLY Especially Memorial Day parades which is to honor the Armed Forces and while all the civilians get a holiday we have to practice every day for 3 weeks to have a parade on the holiday that's supposed to be OUR holiday.

I went at it with my unit one year when they made me be in the Marine Corps Birthday ceremony AND buy a ticket to the Ball. I'm like f- you. You're making me work AND want me to pay for it? I joined the Marines to fight, not parade around in a fancy dress uniform (even though Dress Blues ARE cool :) )

Some people like this kind of stuff. I don't get it and see no entertainment value in it at all. I AM easily bored though. I don't even care for the Marvel Movies because they're short on action and long on drama. I read all the comic books as a kid and know the stories of each character so let's cut to the chase and get to fightin':death:

Black Diamond
05-20-2018, 10:06 AM
I may want to qualify my statements. If the royals take power again and start cutting people's heads off for not producing masculine children, I'll start watching. :cool:

Black Diamond
05-20-2018, 10:12 AM
Bet those people you mentioned follow Lindsay Lohan and Miley Cyrus too :laugh:

I didn't intend to insult anyone with my comments. I just have ZERO interest in dog-n-pony shows. I HATED parades in the Corps. ESPECIALLY if I had to be in the damned things. And REALLY Especially Memorial Day parades which is to honor the Armed Forces and while all the civilians get a holiday we have to practice every day for 3 weeks to have a parade on the holiday that's supposed to be OUR holiday.

I went at it with my unit one year when they made me be in the Marine Corps Birthday ceremony AND buy a ticket to the Ball. I'm like f- you. You're making me work AND want me to pay for it? I joined the Marines to fight, not parade around in a fancy dress uniform (even though Dress Blues ARE cool :) )

Some people like this kind of stuff. I don't get it and see no entertainment value in it at all. I AM easily bored though. I don't even care for the Marvel Movies because they're short on action and long on drama. I read all the comic books as a kid and know the stories of each character so let's cut to the chase and get to fightin':death:
Yes it's like watching a soap opera to many Americans. Inquiring minds wanna know. :rolleyes: they should let you attend the ball for free.