PDA

View Full Version : Pyongyang Rescinds Invitation To S. Korea Journalists Covering Test Site

Gunny
05-19-2018, 11:10 AM
OAN NewsroomUPDATED 8:45 AM PT – Fri. May 18, 2018North Korea is banning a list of South Korean journalists from attending the dismantlement of its nuclear test site.

On Friday, South Korea’s unification minister announced that Pyongyang declined to accept a list of the country’s reporters slated to attend next month’s event.
The latest agitation from Pyongyang has left experts wondering if eliminating the test site will even happen.
North Korea has said its nuclear program is finished, and doesn’t need the test site anymore.
President Trump has threatened to continue a maximum pressure campaign against the rogue regime if Kim Jong Un decides to pull out of the summit on June 12th.
http://www.oann.com/pyongyang-rescinds-invitation-to-s-korea-journalists-covering-test-site/

I sure hope bullying this sensitive little prick is worth it.

Drummond
05-19-2018, 08:08 PM
http://www.oann.com/pyongyang-rescinds-invitation-to-s-korea-journalists-covering-test-site/

I sure hope bullying this sensitive little prick is worth it.

So do I.

In fact, I think it has to be. What else has made anyone in the North Korean regime sit up and take notice of the world's reactions ? Trump had the right approach ... everything before him just helped to empower Kim Jong-Un to proceed with the refinement of his country's offensive nuclear capabilities.

Gunny
05-19-2018, 08:25 PM
So do I.

In fact, I think it has to be. What else has made anyone in the North Korean regime sit up and take notice of the world's reactions ? Trump had the right approach ... everything before him just helped to empower Kim Jong-Un to proceed with the refinement of his country's offensive nuclear capabilities.

I don't get some of y'all's attitudes sometimes. The little twit was playing nice and agreedd to a summit and y'all are just fine with kicking him in the teeth anyway. First, that is NO way to negotiate. Second, it's bullying. Third, it to this point has been detrimental to further negotiations.

Someone needs to decide whether or not they're going make a deal with this clown or quit lying and just destroy NK. BUT ... you keep poking even a little dog with a stick and he's going to bite your ass.

Not to mention PR-wise, we're looking like the bullying bad guys. I an NOT cool with THAT in any way, shape nor form.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-19-2018, 09:14 PM
I don't get some of y'all's attitudes sometimes. The little twit was playing nice and agreedd to a summit and y'all are just fine with kicking him in the teeth anyway. First, that is NO way to negotiate. Second, it's bullying. Third, it to this point has been detrimental to further negotiations.

Someone needs to decide whether or not they're going make a deal with this clown or quit lying and just destroy NK. BUT ... you keep poking even a little dog with a stick and he's going to bite your ass.

Not to mention PR-wise, we're looking like the bullying bad guys. I an NOT cool with THAT in any way, shape nor form.
I have to agree. He has made historic concessions already, so now is not the time to keep badgering him. If there was ever a time to "play nice" with the little twit, now is the time, within reason.

This shouldn't be a one sided affair... it doesn't look good.

Drummond
05-20-2018, 05:21 PM

As I see it, the point is to convince Jong-Un that the West is negotiating from a position of strength. How many years did they see the total opposite from Obama ?

North Korea has been exhibiting belligerence for years. What reason is there to consider that totally 'playing nice' with them is going to impress anyone in that country ? I think that the Trump approach is exactly right. What got Jong-Un to change his stance, anyway ?

Negotiate from a position of strength, and convince the belligerent that this is your position. With upstarts like Jong-Un, a totally 'nice' attitude has never worked. Why would it, now ?

Gunny
05-20-2018, 05:30 PM
As I see it, the point is to convince Jong-Un that the West is negotiating from a position of strength. How many years did they see the total opposite from Obama ?

North Korea has been exhibiting belligerence for years. What reason is there to consider that totally 'playing nice' with them is going to impress anyone in that country ? I think that the Trump approach is exactly right. What got Jong-Un to change his stance, anyway ?

Negotiate from a position of strength, and convince the belligerent that this is your position. With upstarts like Jong-Un, a totally 'nice' attitude has never worked. Why would it, now ?I didn't say anything about "playing nice". Not antagonizing him does not require playing nice. It merely requires not doing anything to jeopardize a goal within reach that has taken 68 years to get to.

Given recent events in the ME, especially dropping out of the Iran deal, we need to "close the back door" so we can focus on the front door without worry about our backs. The guy's willing to make a deal and give us what we want. Get him off the playing field. Everyone else in the world is moving in real time and we're moving in slow motion. Un is a freakin' nuisance to more important crap going on. Antagonizing him him make him more of a nuisance instead of a kid in the corner with his pacifier.

NightTrain
05-21-2018, 12:13 AM
It merely requires not doing anything to jeopardize a goal within reach that has taken 68 years to get to.

Correction : 16 months.

Given recent events in the ME, especially dropping out of the Iran deal, we need to "close the back door" so we can focus on the front door without worry about our backs. The guy's willing to make a deal and give us what we want. Get him off the playing field. Everyone else in the world is moving in real time and we're moving in slow motion. Un is a freakin' nuisance to more important crap going on. Antagonizing him him make him more of a nuisance instead of a kid in the corner with his pacifier.

Trump forced him to the table; let's let him continue and hope for the best.

Worst comes to worst, we'll flatten that commie hellhole, and SK can annex it.

Gunny
05-21-2018, 08:42 AM
Correction : 16 months.

Trump forced him to the table; let's let him continue and hope for the best.

Worst comes to worst, we'll flatten that commie hellhole, and SK can annex it.Wrong. Since 1952. Just because Trump may be getting somewhere, if he doesn't step on his own dick which he seems to be trying to do, doesn't mean no one else has tried. And if Trump steps on his dick with his blustering, he'll just be another failure.

In reality, we're lucky he didn't start a war the way he's gone about this and I haven't been impressed at all. I'd still be willing to bet China is more behind it that we know.

Regardless, it managed to work with a nuclear war so at this point Trump doesn't need to start playing Tony Romo and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I'm telling you right now, after that was said yesterday, if I was Un? The US would get :fu:from me. Pushing his ass is unnecessary and detrimental to the process and ultimate goal.