PDA

View Full Version : Moderate Republicans Looking For Bipartisan Immigration Reforms

Gunny
05-19-2018, 12:35 PM
OAN NewsroomUPDATED 8:45 AM PT – Sat. May 19, 2018
Moderate Republicans in the House (http://www.oann.com/moderate-republicans-looking-for-bipartisan-immigration-reforms/#) are trying to get a bipartisan immigration bill off the ground.

Reports said several GOP lawmakers, who represent Hispanic communities, are gathering signatures to force a house vote on immigration.
However, they’re still five votes short of the 25 Republican lawmakers needed to make the vote happen. But, lawmakers say it’s about time congress finally comes together to solve the issue of immigration.

“Yeah so certainly a lot of frustration here on getting the two parties to work together, actually getting a bill to the floor with a timeline. We have yet to secure a date certain when a immigration bill or an immigration debate would come up. And we’ve been waiting for years now.” -Rep. Jeff Denham, (R) CaliforniaThe deal would reportedly include provisions to let ‘dreamers’ stay in the country as citizens, while also increasing border security.
http://www.oann.com/moderate-republicans-looking-for-bipartisan-immigration-reforms/Any body know what a "moderate Republican is"? They sound like Democrats. From the pic at the link they look like Democrats.

Sorry. Screw them. I don't want immigration reform I want immigration law enforced.Minus the criminals, to include Barrack Obama and DACA and refusal to enforce current law, the law on the books works just fine.

Black Diamond
05-19-2018, 12:56 PM
For some a moderate republican is someone who endorses Hillary Clinton and saves Obamacare

Gunny
05-19-2018, 01:13 PM
For some a moderate republican is someone who endorses Hillary Clinton and saves ObamacareThey need to quit freakin changing and/or hijacking labels/names. Let's see ... I've so far in my life been a liberal, a moderate Republican, a hard-line conservative and a libertarian. Depending on which era we're talking. Reminds of the old say "putting lipstick on a pig". At the end of the day, it's STILL a pig. Changing the name doesn't change anything else.

We need a 3rd party that has real conservatives in it. The RINOs in the Republican party are pretty hard to distinguish from the Democrats.

Black Diamond
05-19-2018, 01:21 PM
They need to quit freakin changing and/or hijacking labels/names. Let's see ... I've so far in my life been a liberal, a moderate Republican, a hard-line conservative and a libertarian. Depending on which era we're talking. Reminds of the old say "putting lipstick on a pig". At the end of the day, it's STILL a pig. Changing the name doesn't change anything else.

We need a 3rd party that has real conservatives in it. The RINOs in the Republican party are pretty hard to distinguish from the Democrats.
Well for McCain graham Romney etc moderate repubican is the label du jour.

if you don't want me to use that label you know I can come up with better ones. May be considered locker room talk though. :cool:

Gunny
05-19-2018, 01:53 PM
Well for McCain graham Romney etc moderate repubican is the label du jour.

if you don't want me to use that label you know I can come up with better ones. May be considered locker room talk though. :cool:Neither McCain nor Romney are conservatives. One is not a conservative just because one is not loony left. BOTH would havve had to run as Democrats in the 60s and 70s.

George McGovern and Hubert Humphrey -- war protester, hippy appeasers -- started the push further left, culminating with Jimmy Carter and his vision of Utopia. Any Democrats with an ounce of common sense and balls voted for Reagan in 80.

Everything changed then. While everyone fondly remember Reagan, he was a Democrat for years and pushed the right left to a more moderate stance. Oddly enough, Nixon would have to be a Democrat today. He was very much big government and "Big Brother". George HW Bush was an actual old school conservative. Junior was more of a Reagan type conservative.

And while Bubba was a typical Democrat, Obama was antiAmerican, antiConstitution scum who threw out the Constitution and ruled by Presidential decree for 8 years. Unfortunately, he turned an entire generation of our young people into slobbering at the mouth idiots who wouldn't understand the principles behind the Constitution if you stamped it on the inside of their eyelids. That generation will come of age as a voting power next.

Be prepared.

Black Diamond
05-19-2018, 01:58 PM
Neither McCain nor Romney are conservatives. One is not a conservative just because one is not loony left. BOTH would havve had to run as Democrats in the 60s and 70s.

George McGovern and Hubert Humphrey -- war protester, hippy appeasers -- started the push further left, culminating with Jimmy Carter and his vision of Utopia. Any Democrats with an ounce of common sense and balls voted for Reagan in 80.

Everything changed then. While everyone fondly remember Reagan, he was a Democrat for years and pushed the right left to a more moderate stance. Oddly enough, Nixon would have to be a Democrat today. He was very much big government and "Big Brother". George HW Bush was an actual old school conservative. Junior was more of a Reagan type conservative.

And while Bubba was a typical Democrat, Obama was antiAmerican, antiConstitution scum who threw out the Constitution and ruled by Presidential decree for 8 years. Unfortunately, he turned an entire generation of our young people into slobbering at the mouth idiots who wouldn't understand the principles behind the Constitution if you stamped it on the inside of their eyelids. That generation will come of age as a voting power next.

Be prepared.
Agree whole heartedly. Short of a miracle we have about 20 years left of what is left of the country before these fuckwits come of age. Maybe a little more considering they live in their parents basement until age 30.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-19-2018, 08:20 PM
I heard Jim Jordan saying that in exchange for DACA, they want an end to chain migration, no more catch and release, no more anchor babies, etc, and even then, no path to citizenship for any DACA people that have been here less than 3 years.

I'd say do it, if they can. That shuts off the illegal alien tap for the democrats... there goes their illegal alien votes.

Gunny
05-19-2018, 08:48 PM
I heard Jim Jordan saying that in exchange for DACA, they want an end to chain migration, no more catch and release, no more anchor babies, etc, and even then, no path to citizenship for any DACA people that have been here less than 3 years.

I'd say do it, if they can. That shuts off the illegal alien tap for the democrats... there goes their illegal alien votes.Yep. Shut the door and keep it closed by any means. We are a sovereign nation with borders and laws. Enforce them.

And no free ride for DACA. You're a felon? Bye.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-19-2018, 10:23 PM
Yep. Shut the door and keep it closed by any means. We are a sovereign nation with borders and laws. Enforce them.

And no free ride for DACA. You're a felon? Bye.
If it was up to me, I'd kick every last one of them out, no exceptions, period. You're here illegally, b'bye. Had kids while you were here, they're gone too, b'bye.

See how many of them would be climbing that fence to get in here after that.

Virtually NONE.