PDA

View Full Version : Texas School Shooter

Elessar
05-22-2018, 06:24 PM
It has been determined, that although he confessed to the shooting/murders, he cannot
be given the death penalty nor life in prison without the possibility of parole.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/05/22/the-texas-school-shooter-cant-get-the-death-penalty/23441031/

Although it is a horrid crime I have to tend to agree with this finding.

aboutime
05-22-2018, 07:20 PM
All of us need to STOP talking about these sick people. The Press makes them famous by constantly showing their picture, and telling their SAD life stories that....Some Uninformed, Ignorant Americans see this kind of sick person...as a Hero. WE NEED TO STOP THIS CRAP NOW.

gabosaurus
05-22-2018, 07:29 PM
I like the law as it is. While the death penalty is ruled out, the perpetrator has to serve at least 40 years before the possibility of parole. It is also routine for mass murderers to be held in maximum security units in Colorado or elsewhere, where they are held in isolation. They are rarely allowed visitors.
To me, sitting alone in a small cell 23 hours a day for the rest of your life is worse than death. Especially if you are young and dumb.

Gunny
05-22-2018, 08:11 PM
I think both rulings are bullshit. They can try 12 years olds as adults for murder, but can't give a 17 years old the death penalty or life without parole? He's old enough to join the military with parental consent. Are we saying 17 1/2 years olds aren't mature enough to make decisions unless WE put the gun their hands and tell them who to kill?

Should hang the f*cker in the town square.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-22-2018, 08:32 PM
The 16 year olds that shot that lady cop are being charged as adults.

Gunny
05-22-2018, 08:54 PM
The 16 year olds that shot that lady cop are being charged as adults.I'm short on tolerance with stupid right now. I read one article that said he "spared people he liked".

THAT shows judgement, the ability to choose, and the ability make a decision, regardless how f-d up it was. So these pansy-ass rulings don't cut it with me.

When I was 17 the furthest thing from my mind was walking into a school and blowing away a bunch of class mates. Nobody else was doing it either. And we all had a LOT freer access to firearms in the 70s than now so that "it's the gun's fault" BS ain't washing either.

Kathianne
05-22-2018, 10:04 PM
All of us need to STOP talking about these sick people. The Press makes them famous by constantly showing their picture, and telling their SAD life stories that....Some Uninformed, Ignorant Americans see this kind of sick person...as a Hero. WE NEED TO STOP THIS CRAP NOW.

I agree, totally. In effect nearly all have been some version of Columbine. They are copycats. The press feeds it.

Gunny
05-22-2018, 10:20 PM
I agree, totally. In effect nearly all have been some version of Columbine. They are copycats. The press feeds it.I agree to a point and in principle. IF not talking about it would stop these attention whores I'd be all for it.

At the same time, I doubt discussing it on this board matters one way or the other. You are absolutely right that it is media-driven but nothing is going to stop them. This feeds their "scoop" agenda and leads to their fomenting hate and discontent and dragging it out by interviewing any and every idiot with an opinion in the anti-gun crowd.

I'd like to get my hands on one of these attention whores and just open hand slap the crap out of him a few times. And that means the shoot OR the media. Either will satisfy my desire to not use a gun on them :)

darin
05-23-2018, 01:52 AM

But the issue is this - we have no choice. We cannot stop talking about this because every time this happens the LEFT wants to punish everyone who did not commit the crime. We need to keep talking about this to highlight the lack of parenting going on. We need to keep talking about this to bring back good parenting and good counseling and good emotional-resiliency training.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-23-2018, 07:16 AM
When I was 17 the furthest thing from my mind was walking into a school and blowing away a bunch of class mates. Nobody else was doing it either. And we all had a LOT freer access to firearms in the 70s than now so that "it's the gun's fault" BS ain't washing either.
And therein lies the problem, man... right there. Like you say, we had RIFLES hanging in GUN RACKS in the BACK WINDOW of our trucks back then, and we'd drive that truck to SCHOOL and park it in the PARKING LOT... and NO ONE GOT SHOT... no one even THOUGHT of doing such a thing.

So WHY do the kids today think they need to do it? Something changed. You figure out what changed and you'll find out why. Start by asking the DEMOCRATS, since they're the ones that run academia. Schools are their ball game.

Bilgerat
05-23-2018, 09:20 AM
Just my .02 cents worth

1) As stated before, the murderer cherry picked his victims, showing deliberation
2) I understand he was playing music, making jokes and had slogans and rhymes he kept saying. A student (Trenton Beazely) said of the suspect on "Good Morning America. "Every time he’d kill someone he’d say, ‘another one bites the dust.’”

I say fry him.

Elessar
05-23-2018, 09:38 AM
I knew this might create a stink in my saying "I agreed with the finding".
However, I did not return replies on purpose.

I fully believe he should be TRIED AS AN ADULT, thus negating the finding.
As mentioned above, he purposefully hand-picked his targets which tosses out any
idea this was a random act.

Plus, even if he gets "Life with the possibility of parole in xx years", Parole can be denied.

Gunny
05-23-2018, 10:31 AM
And therein lies the problem, man... right there. Like you say, we had RIFLES hanging in GUN RACKS in the BACK WINDOW of our trucks back then, and we'd drive that truck to SCHOOL and park it in the PARKING LOT... and NO ONE GOT SHOT... no one even THOUGHT of doing such a thing.

So WHY do the kids today think they need to do it? Something changed. You figure out what changed and you'll find out why. Start by asking the DEMOCRATS, since they're the ones that run academia. Schools are their ball game.I tried answering this one last time and I still come up blank. Lot's of reasons are plausible. Attention whore always comes up first with me.

I DO agree with aboutime that they should get zero attention and if the public and media went that route I'd do my part. Since they go the opposite route, I don't think us discussing it is doing any harm.

When I was a HS senior I was trying to decide between two girls that liked me and screwed around vacillating and got neither :laugh: I used to take my .22 out and shoot soup cans and paper targets and/or other pieces of junk deemed target-worthy. I never once aimed it anyone and no one aimed anything at me. We were taught gun safety from knee-high to a grasshopper.

We were dumbass teenagers that did dumbass teenage shit but nothing that would intentionally hurt anyone (except getting in a fight and even then we knew when to stop) If we wanted the school's attention we could pull the freakin' fire alarm or smoke in the boy's room. If you were REALLY daring, you could get a smooch off your GF outside her classroom after walking her to class (a no-no when I was in school) :laugh:

So no, I can't really wrap my head around why anyone would even consider such a thing.

A lot of people mention everyone should do hitch in the service after school, but I'n starting to think kids nowadays should do a week in solitary in the slam so they can get a REAL GOOD idea what most of if not all of the rest of their lives are going to be like if they do some dumbass shit.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-23-2018, 11:10 AM
I couldn't do it. I couldn't just go on a shooting spree shooting innocent, unarmed people. It would probably make me ill. You have to be full blown nut case to do something like that, and ENJOY IT.

He should get the death penalty. No one that could do something like that has any place on this earth.

darin
05-23-2018, 02:04 PM
Anyone remember Vice President Biden telling people "You don't need an AR15 - go get yourself a shotgun..."

God have MERCY if that had been a republican years ago.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-23-2018, 02:15 PM
Anyone remember Vice President Biden telling people "You don't need an AR15 - go get yourself a shotgun..."

God have MERCY if that had been a republican years ago.
And why is it that the DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA WING isn't taking kids out of schools organizing marches and railing against the NRA for WEEKS after the TX shooting?

Well, because one, the shooter didn't use an AR-15, he used a shot gun, and he even had BOMBS. So this doesn't fit the DEMOCRATS NARRATIVE, so they IGNORE IT.

Hypocritical BASTARDS.