PDA

View Full Version : Texans Sending Establishment Packing...

High_Plains_Drifter
05-23-2018, 07:37 AM
Establishment Loses Big as Grassroots Candidates Surge in Texas, Georgia

The establishment wing 0f the Republican Party was dealt another serious set of blows on Tuesday as candidates from the grassroots anti-establishment wing, especially in Texas but also in Georgia, emerged victorious in another set of key primary and runoff races.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/05/22/establishment-loses-big-as-grassroots-candidates-surge-in-texas-georgia/
Gunny

Gunny
05-23-2018, 08:11 AM
My concern with unseating an incumbent is chancing losing the seat altogether. Overall, it looks like the state is going to stay in Republican hands, The people that seriously need to be replaced in Congress aren't from Texas.

I'll find out about the GA results later, I haven't lived there in decades but I got kin :) One of them can probably get me up to speed even if I have to filter out the Dim-ocrat part.

JakeStarkey
05-23-2018, 12:07 PM
Texas GOP, even the "Rinos", are very conservative to much of the rest of the nation.

The triumph of the hard right in GA and TX is not a surprise.

Controversial candidates, such as Moore or Blankenship, have energized the blue to super octane levels the last year, so let's see if that happens in these two blood red states.

Gunny
05-23-2018, 12:12 PM
Texas GOP, even the "Rinos", are very conservative to much of the rest of the nation.

The triumph of the hard right in GA and TX is not a surprise.

Controversial candidates, such as Moore or Blankenship, have energized the blue to super octane levels the last year, so let's see if that happens in these two blood red states.Secret trick to being a Texan ... even our lefties are conservative by comparison to other states.

Next secret trick: Unless you're from Dallas or Houston which are loaded with snowbirds, mot voters her vote for the right person, not a party. From the looks of the competition, not much is going to change around here.