PDA

View Full Version : The Coffee Shop

Pages : 1 [2] 3

darin
06-04-2018, 11:24 AM
I have to watch the gauges when I start the car, because I can barely hear or feel the engine start. Crazy that something that runs like a sewing machine has such great power.

It's nothing for hole shots though. I got on it leaving the neighbors house yesterday and it's virtually gutless out of the hole, bad turbo lag. It doesn't make that wonderful power until it winds up a bit. It has an 8 grand rpm redline. Having this engine with a manual tranny would make things a lot more fun.

try to turn off traction aids. then hold foot on brake pedal. Floor accelerator pedal. Hang on

High_Plains_Drifter
06-04-2018, 11:29 AM
try to turn off traction aids. then hold foot on brake pedal. Floor accelerator pedal. Hang on
I think the traction control is always off by default.

Give 'er the ole POWER BRAKE, aye... :laugh:

That might work... however, it is a loaner, and I'd hate to break it.

darin
06-04-2018, 12:19 PM
got the real pic via email

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11472&d=1528132698

Abbey Marie
06-04-2018, 12:54 PM
Is this your brother from Casa Grande? Good time to visit the East, it's blazin' here.

I agree, for the most part I'm off politics at a discussion level. Friendly is good. ;)

I think I mentioned going shopping yesterday? Had to buy almost everything that wasn't dry goods. I managed to get 16, (actually more, as I cut all into 6 oz servings, but I lost count.) Spent some time labeling, wrapping and getting them in the freezer. Same with chicken breasts-only 3 of those, (I originally thought 2, I was wrong! LOL!)

Anyways, two of the steaks I have marinating. Going to grill them later and slice them up for salads. I usually have steak about every 2 months, I'm not sure what I was thinking other than, 'fill up the freezer,' it's more efficient. LOL!

It is that brother- they are finishing up a cruise to New England and Canada to, as they say, “get away from the horrible heat”. They love AZ in the fall and winter, though.

They should be happy here. We are in the high 60s and low 70s for the foreseeable future.
I’m thrilled!

jimnyc
06-04-2018, 12:56 PM
The coffee shop. That was cool in Alaska, when you drive down the road, there are places all over, like huts, where you pull up and get your coffee to go without even getting out. Coffee wasn't good as mine and not nearly as good as the Denali that Rick gets.

But here? A Keurig machine, a ton of stocked half/half premium coffee, and a thirsty and chubby little belly waiting for it's recharge of the day.

My quitting caffeinated coffee isn't going so well. :( I did reduce, but then for various reasons I skipped out on those duties. Not bad though, only like 12 cups thus far today. :)

I would probably drink much more if the Keurig machine was up here in my computer room. But I think I would be in trouble if I bought another good machine, more coffee, brought the sugar up here and bought a fridge to keep the milk up here. That would save me like 30 seconds or so of walking!! :laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
06-04-2018, 12:57 PM
got the real pic via email

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11472&d=1528132698
Is that you in your Mini?

Day 11 the Camaro has been gone... starting to wonder if they're painting the entire car or what the heck... I'm trying to remain calm... I admit I'm horribly impatient.

Abbey Marie
06-04-2018, 12:59 PM
T, if it’s not far, why don’t you go visit your baby? You might feel better. :cool:

Black Diamond
06-04-2018, 01:03 PM
T, if it’s not far, why don’t you go visit your baby? You might feel better. :cool:
:laugh:

Abbey Marie
06-04-2018, 01:08 PM
:laugh:

I was being serious! He just got the car of his dreams, and had to almost immediately give it up. I think I would be impatient too.

darin
06-04-2018, 01:08 PM
Is that you in your Mini?

Day 11 the Camaro has been gone... starting to wonder if they're painting the entire car or what the heck... I'm trying to remain calm... I admit I'm horribly impatient.

That's me and my mini.

11 days? i'd ask them why you are paying for a car you don't get to drive? Get their shit together! :)

High_Plains_Drifter
06-04-2018, 01:46 PM
I was being serious! He just got the car of his dreams, and had to almost immediately give it up. I think I would be impatient too.
That's it exactly. Hell I barely had time to even begin to get used to it. I didn't even have all the functions and what not figure out yet. I didn't put 50 miles on it, and it's GONE.

I think I will stop in there tomorrow. I think I'll give them the ole, " I was in the neighborhood" line and see what the HELL IS GOING. Holy cow, just paint a couple stripes, c'moooon. If it's just sitting while people work on something else, that's going to set me off.

Abbey Marie
06-04-2018, 02:19 PM
That's it exactly. Hell I barely had time to even begin to get used to it. I didn't even have all the functions and what not figure out yet. I didn't put 50 miles on it, and it's GONE.

I think I will stop in there tomorrow. I think I'll give them the ole, " I was in the neighborhood" line and see what the HELL IS GOING. Holy cow, just paint a couple stripes, c'moooon. If it's just sitting while people work on something else, that's going to set me off.

In that case, maybe just call? I don’t want you to get in a situation.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-04-2018, 08:26 PM
In that case, maybe just call? I don’t want you to get in a situation.
I already called once and talked to my salesman, and all I got was "they're working on it." He said he'd wander back and check on it and get back to me, that was 5 days ago, 3 business days... I want to see where they're at on it for myself.

I've worked in two different body shops, I know how long it takes to sand down and paint a car. It can be done in 3 days rather easily, so this going on two weeks stuff is getting ridiculous. I also know how shops like to pull people off one job to get a different "quicky" job done, so your car sits in a corner. I hope that's not what I find. I know dealers respond when people show up in person and ask to SEE their car, now I know what stage it's in, and I'm going to get a TIME FRAME from them for completion. It shouldn't take this long.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-05-2018, 09:45 AM
So I just called the dealer, salesman "wasn't picking up," and the service manager quickly passed me off to the body shop manager, who had that distinct sound to his voice that he knew I was calling because I was irritated my car wasn't done yet, and his excuse was because he was the only one that can do it and he has to also "take care of all the office stuff." So, I gently made it clear that I WAS irritated, and that they've had my car longer than I HAVE. So he said it would done this week, so I said alright, I'll be expecting a call by Friday at the latest, and he had to throw in a "we hope so" as he was hanging up. Well it freakin' better be or I'm going to call the damn dealer manager and have a chat next time.

I worked in a few different body shops myself, I've known good painters and body men, and I know damn well those stripes could have been knocked out in just a couple days with no problem at all. I know guys that could do huge, complex custom paint jobs in just a few days, start to finish, so this is really pathetic. The car is just SITTING while this body shop manager sits on his ass in the office, just what I was afraid was happening.

darin
06-05-2018, 02:14 PM
one more from the track.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11475&d=1528226071

High_Plains_Drifter
06-05-2018, 02:37 PM
Does that have a turbo?

Black Diamond
06-05-2018, 02:40 PM
So I just called the dealer, salesman "wasn't picking up," and the service manager quickly passed me off to the body shop manager, who had that distinct sound to his voice that he knew I was calling because I was irritated my car wasn't done yet, and his excuse was because he was the only one that can do it and he has to also "take care of all the office stuff." So, I gently made it clear that I WAS irritated, and that they've had my car longer than I HAVE. So he said it would done this week, so I said alright, I'll be expecting a call by Friday at the latest, and he had to throw in a "we hope so" as he was hanging up. Well it freakin' better be or I'm going to call the damn dealer manager and have a chat next time.

I worked in a few different body shops myself, I've known good painters and body men, and I know damn well those stripes could have been knocked out in just a couple days with no problem at all. I know guys that could do huge, complex custom paint jobs in just a few days, start to finish, so this is really pathetic. The car is just SITTING while this body shop manager sits on his ass in the office, just what I was afraid was happening.
They seem to hold all the cards. I am in a similar situation currently.

darin
06-05-2018, 03:15 PM
Does that have a turbo?

Indeed it does. $500 gets me another 30-35hp with a tune. $1000 gets me an intercooler and a tune and 50hp. :) From a 1.6L.

Stock rating is 175hp. I can sit around 230-235hp at the crank before anything starts getting overly-worn out. Can go to 275hp but I'd rather have 230 for three years than 275 for 3 months.

SassyLady
06-05-2018, 03:58 PM
So, last week we had a "free" plumbing inspection done by the same company that services our AC. We thought he would go around and check all the plumbing fittings, etc. Nope! Just came out and drained the hot water heater and checked kitchen faucet. Said everything looked good.

Next day no hot water. Pilot light wouldn't stay lit. Called company out to fix the problem that I believe worker caused. Same guy came out and said something was broke and whatever it was wasn't something he looked at. So, we now have a new $3,000.00 water heater.

I was so mad at the guy that they sent out different guy to install.

Moral of the story ... no more free inspections and never leave a repairman alone. Watch them and ask questions.

darin
06-05-2018, 04:24 PM
you arent paying for that water heater, right? I'd help check your plumbing :)

Kathianne
06-05-2018, 04:39 PM
So, last week we had a "free" plumbing inspection done by the same company that services our AC. We thought he would go around and check all the plumbing fittings, etc. Nope! Just came out and drained the hot water heater and checked kitchen faucet. Said everything looked good.

Next day no hot water. Pilot light wouldn't stay lit. Called company out to fix the problem that I believe worker caused. Same guy came out and said something was broke and whatever it was wasn't something he looked at. So, we now have a new $3,000.00 water heater.

Moral of the story ... no more free inspections and never leave a repairman alone. Watch them and ask questions.

That sucks. I'm so sorry! :(

Abbey Marie
06-05-2018, 06:46 PM
Sorry Sassy!

Company here in a few days, so of course, the stove just died, and there is a mysterious black fly convention on our back porch. Which we had just totally cleaned top to bottom. Where I would normally serve said guests the food I’d cook in the oven.
Ugh.
I loathe summer.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-05-2018, 06:54 PM

SON of a BITCH... that just stinks to high heaven.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-06-2018, 12:53 PM
THANKS FOR THE 'STICKY' for the CS... :beer:

Talked with the body shop guy today and he said he was going to try and have the Camaro done this week. I said that would be great and thanks.

If it isn't, oh well, I should be very thankful they offered to do this paint job in the first place. It would cost me a BUNDLE if I had somewhere else do it.

Yes I'm one impatient bastard, but who wouldn't be? I barely had the dang thing and had to give it up. I'm dying to show it to my little sister.

jimnyc
06-06-2018, 01:02 PM
NightTrain

I gave in and got me a few pounds. :) I'll have to find and break out my old Mr. Coffee machine, or use this as an excuse to get a new one! No perc though!! But, at least I'll have a little taste of Alaska. :)

https://i.imgur.com/2dmekDV.png

High_Plains_Drifter
06-06-2018, 01:08 PM
@NightTrain (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=89)

I gave in and got me a few pounds. :) I'll have to find and break out my old Mr. Coffee machine, or use this as an excuse to get a new one! No perc though!! But, at least I'll have a little taste of Alaska. :)

I might have to try that myself. I like my coffee too. Amazon?

I've been drinking this for a few years now. I've tried other stuff but always come back to this. It's very smooth...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G3P1352/?coliid=I2C1NX6W2VNOZT&colid=1GA90DO4U4JZH&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

NightTrain
06-06-2018, 02:14 PM
NightTrain

Just buy a french press. Using that kicks Denali up to heavenly status.

NightTrain
06-06-2018, 02:18 PM
I might have to try that myself. I like my coffee too. Amazon?

I've been drinking this for a few years now. I've tried other stuff but always come back to this. It's very smooth...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G3P1352/?coliid=I2C1NX6W2VNOZT&colid=1GA90DO4U4JZH&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

No, it's a local Wasilla roastery about 10 miles from my house. Gotta order from them directly from their website.

It's by far my favorite, Jim has had it of course, and Abbey & Russ ordered some a while back and both liked it.

Black Diamond
06-06-2018, 02:22 PM
No, it's a local Wasilla roastery about 10 miles from my house. Gotta order from them directly from their website.

It's by far my favorite, Jim has had it of course, and Abbey & Russ ordered some a while back and both liked it.
You can see the roastery from your house.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Abbey Marie
06-06-2018, 02:29 PM

We did! Time to get more and support a local, small (?) business.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-06-2018, 05:24 PM

Wasilla? You ever go by Palin's house?

NightTrain
06-06-2018, 07:23 PM
Wasilla? You ever go by Palin's house?

Yeah, I've pointed it out to Jim. They live about 5 miles from me on the lake I test drive my boat every spring.

NightTrain
06-06-2018, 07:24 PM
We did! Time to get more and support a local, small (?) business.

Very small!

High_Plains_Drifter
06-06-2018, 07:38 PM
Yeah, I've pointed it out to Jim. They live about 5 miles from me on the lake I test drive my boat every spring.
You ever met her?

NightTrain
06-06-2018, 10:28 PM
You ever met her?

Yep. My step daughter went to school with Bristol for most of her K-12 years. Good family.

Track has been fucking up, but youngsters will do that from time to time.

I pointed out Sarah to Jim as we were rolling through Talkeetna last summer, but he didn't believe me.

Black Diamond
06-06-2018, 10:40 PM
Yep. My step daughter went to school with Bristol for most of her K-12 years. Good family.

Track has been fucking up, but youngsters will do that from time to time.

I pointed out Sarah to Jim as we were rolling through Talkeetna last summer, but he didn't believe me.
He thought it was Tina Fey.

SassyLady
06-06-2018, 10:55 PM
He thought it was Tina Fey.

Sarah is smarter and prettier.

SassyLady
06-06-2018, 10:57 PM
8:57 PM and it's 90°.

Kathianne
06-06-2018, 11:14 PM
8:57 PM and it's 90°.

Fellow teachers and complex dwellers tell me you 'get used to this.' I think they lie.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-07-2018, 01:28 AM
I guess after tonight I'm the board "BAD BOY."

I didn't want that title but, I guess I'll own it.

darin
06-07-2018, 02:26 AM
Thought of the day:

If some shit goes down with aliens or robots, its not going to be the liberals, the actors or the people who complain about guns running in to save everybody. It's going to be the vets and the crazy hicks from the south to save us all. - Nicole Arbour.

Black Diamond
06-07-2018, 06:12 AM
I guess after tonight I'm the board "BAD BOY."

I didn't want that title but, I guess I'll own it.
How deplorable.

Abbey Marie
06-07-2018, 01:18 PM
Thought of the day:

If some shit goes down with aliens or robots, its not going to be the liberals, the actors or the people who complain about guns running in to save everybody. It's going to be the vets and the crazy hicks from the south to save us all. - Nicole Arbour.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11485&stc=1

SassyLady
06-08-2018, 01:16 AM
Had a massage and butter pecan ice cream today.

Kathianne
06-08-2018, 01:27 AM
Now that sounds like a good day! ;) Maybe a mani and pedi too?

darin
06-08-2018, 01:35 AM

/me is changing his name to "A massage and butter pecan ice cream" :)

Kathianne
06-08-2018, 01:38 AM
:laugh2:

darin
06-08-2018, 03:19 AM
Why is 6 afraid of 7?

Six hasn't been the same since he left Vietnam. Every time he closes his eyes, he sees Charlie hiding in the darkness of the forest. Not that you could ever see those bastards, mind you. They were fast and they knew their way around the jungle. He remembers the looks on the boys' faces when they walked into that village and... oh Jesus. Six shouldn't think about that now. Sometimes he still hears Tex's slow southern drawl. He remembers the smell of Bob's cigarettes. He always had a pack of Luckys. But the boys are gone now... he knows that. It's--it's just that he forgets sometimes. And sometimes the way that seven looks at him... it makes him think. Sets him on edge. And he feels like he's back there... In the jungle... In the darkness.

Kathianne
06-08-2018, 03:23 AM
Why is 6 afraid of 7?

Six hasn't been the same since he left Vietnam. Every time he closes his eyes, he sees Charlie hiding in the darkness of the forest. Not that you could ever see those bastards, mind you. They were fast and they knew their way around the jungle. He remembers the looks on the boys' faces when they walked into that village and... oh Jesus. Six shouldn't think about that now. Sometimes he still hears Tex's slow southern drawl. He remembers the smell of Bob's cigarettes. He always had a pack of Luckys. But the boys are gone now... he knows that. It's--it's just that he forgets sometimes. And sometimes the way that seven looks at him... it makes him think. Sets him on edge. And he feels like he's back there... In the jungle... In the darkness.

Free writing? I like the start...

darin
06-08-2018, 03:26 AM
Free writing? I like the start...

its a joke

The real joke is:

Why is 6 afraid of 7? Because Seven "ate" Nine. Ate=Eight. :)

Kathianne
06-08-2018, 03:31 AM
its a joke

The real joke is:

Why is 6 afraid of 7? Because Seven "ate" Nine. Ate=Eight. :)

LOL! What time is it? I just came back here, after spending some time getting ready for AZ Constitution test. Ah mercies!

darin
06-08-2018, 06:00 AM
So - French onion soup. Why do we call it FrenchOnion___Soup when we use Walla Walla or other Onions? Should we not call it French____OnionSoup?

In France it's just "Onion Soup"

SassyLady
06-08-2018, 08:02 PM

Oh honey, you never have to change your name to be first on my list of delightful things.

SassyLady
06-08-2018, 08:07 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11489&stc=1

My day ... watching and being in nature.

Kathianne
06-09-2018, 09:55 AM
It's not 8am yet, I walked 3.5 miles, well over my 10k steps. Got to the grocery and made frittata for the next couple days. Between that, chicken soup, and salads, I'm set through the weekend.

Saw some nature, with the help of man-made sprinklers on my walk:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11490&stc=1 http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11491&stc=1 http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11492&stc=1 http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11493&stc=1 http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11494&stc=1

Yes. Of course I ran through the sprinklers!

High_Plains_Drifter
06-09-2018, 12:11 PM
Camaro was supposed to be done by Friday, wasn't. Finally called and let them know this is getting a little long for just two basic stripes that any body shop worth their salt could have knocked out in a few days easy. New deadline, by Tuesday... we'll see. That's just two days shy of THREE WEEKS. If it's not, then I think I'm going to have to have a conversation with the General Manager.

Evidently my car keeps getting pushed to the side for other jobs. A brand new car, there before other jobs, and it's getting passed over for other jobs. That isn't right... I am not a happy camper. Even if it's a beautiful job, the amount of time it's taken has ruined any elation.

Black Diamond
06-09-2018, 12:12 PM
Camaro was supposed to be done by Friday, wasn't. Finally called and let them know this is getting a little long for just two basic stripes that any body shop worth their salt could have knocked out in a few days easy. New deadline, by Tuesday... we'll see. If it's not, then I think I'm going to have to have a conversation with the General Manager.

Evidently my car keeps getting pushed to the side for other jobs. A brand new car, there before other jobs, and it's getting passed over for other jobs. That isn't right... I am not a happy camper. Even if it's a beautiful job, the amount time it's taken has ruined any elation.
You just gave them how much money the last couple weeks ? Don't blame you for being upset.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-09-2018, 12:16 PM
You just gave them how much money the last couple weeks ? Don't blame you for being upset.
That's almost verbatim what my neighbor said... ($44,340)... "they got your money, now who cares," and he said he'd be pissed too, and they can't blame me.

Black Diamond
06-09-2018, 12:40 PM
That's almost verbatim what my neighbor said... ($44,340)... "they got your money, now who cares," and he said he'd be pissed too, and they can't blame me.
LOL. I almost brought up the "They got your money" part.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-09-2018, 01:22 PM
LOL. I almost brought up the "They got your money" part.
The salesman told me yesterday, "the back is finished and it looks awesome, I think you're really going to like it." Well, WHY, for the love of God, didn't they shoot the entire job with the paint/clear/whatever was in the paint gun when they "finished the back?" I don't understand. I worked in 3 different car dealers, 3 different body shops and a Harley dealer. I've been around the automotive industry virtually my entire life and I've known lots of people that also work in it and own their own shops. There were these two black guys that owned a custom shop in Reno that did jaw dropping, incredible custom paint jobs. I've even still got their card tucked away in a card file. One of them had a Harley that we were always doing "more" to so once and awhile we hung out with them, great guys. I wish they could have done this paint job, they'd have had it done in a DAY.

So the job on my car might be fantastic, but taking almost three weeks to do it, sorry, that's just absurd.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-09-2018, 09:29 PM
mmmmMMMMMmmmmm.... goooooood...

https://image.ibb.co/ca6jv8/Parasound_Halo_A21.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Parasound-A21-A-21-Black-PowerHouse-2-Channel-Power-Amplifier/392058993466?epid=66797623&hash=item5b48897b3a:g:VToAAOSw029alWPG

High_Plains_Drifter
06-09-2018, 09:42 PM
... one more...

High_Plains_Drifter
06-09-2018, 09:42 PM
AND POST COUNT #4444... maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket... ;)

(was...)

Kathianne
06-10-2018, 09:29 AM
Got two miles in. Showered, made a strawberry smoothie. Cleaned up bath & kitchen. Off to church for 8 am service.

Gunny
06-10-2018, 09:25 PM
:bang3::bang3::bang3: I couldn't take it anymore.

310 lb Olympic weight set. Let the injuries begin :smoke:

SassyLady
06-10-2018, 11:54 PM
Got two miles in. Showered, made a strawberry smoothie. Cleaned up bath & kitchen. Off to church for 8 am service.

You found a church already?! Good for you.

SassyLady
06-11-2018, 12:04 AM
This evening, while sitting outside, a roadrunner jumped into the yard and made his way around to the pool steps to get a drink. Don't know why it wanted salt water and not the fresh water outside fence (we have 2 large water troughs outside fence for critters).

Then we watched it run back and forth along the fence trying to figure how to get out again. We have a fine mesh fence so we can see landscape and wildlife but keeps most creatures out and the poor thing could see out but couldn't figure how to get out. Weird.

While it's running back and forth we had 4 bucks come up to get a drink (strangely, they were in 2 groups of 2). Too funny watching them trying to figure out what roadrunner was doing while they walked up to troughs because they're pretty skittish. After deer left we opened gate and herded the crazy roadrunner out.

Oh, and a large bobcat was here the other day. That's why we don't let or pets out into yard without an escort. Between bobcat, coyotes, horned owls, golden eagles and hawks, we wouldn't keep them very long.

CSM
06-11-2018, 10:46 AM
sorry....

High_Plains_Drifter
06-11-2018, 11:09 AM
So much for the keep the CS religion and politics free idea... :unsure:

Black Diamond
06-11-2018, 11:12 AM
It was pretty good. May have been worth violating the unwritten rule.

CSM
06-11-2018, 11:14 AM

hmmm.... wasn't aware of that rule.... but some admin can remove the post and I wont be offended...

Black Diamond
06-11-2018, 11:16 AM
hmmm.... wasn't aware of that rule.... but some admin can remove the post and I wont be offended...
It's unwritten.

CSM
06-11-2018, 11:21 AM
It's unwritten.

well that's good cuz I cant read

Black Diamond
06-11-2018, 11:24 AM
well that's good cuz I cant read
Hmmmm. Can those who cannot read read the unwritten?

CSM
06-11-2018, 11:32 AM
Hmmmm. Can those who cannot read read the unwritten?

good question. I suppose it depends on which language it is unwritten in.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-11-2018, 11:38 AM
I mention it in the very first post, and although it's unwritten, I was given an assurance by board mods that if I mentioned it, they would "have my back."

Well...mods thanking the political post surely isn't "having my back." It's quite the contrary.

So, no rules, whatever, and if Pete wants to come in and make a sarcastic comment in return, it's all good, no worries.

Not your fault CSM... carry on...

Black Diamond
06-11-2018, 11:39 AM
I mention it in the very first post, and although it's unwritten, I was given an assurance by board mods that if I mentioned it, they would "have my back."

Well...thanking the post surely isn't "having my back."

So, no rules, whatever, and if Pete wants to come in and make a sarcastic comment in return, it's all good, no worries.

Carry on...
I haven't seen the beginning of this thread so didn't know. I use the activity stream for Better or for worse.

CSM
06-11-2018, 11:43 AM
edited until it can be removed.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-11-2018, 11:45 AM
I haven't seen the beginning of this thread so didn't know. I use the activity stream for Better or for worse.
You didn't know so, you didn't do anything wrong, pard.

But the mods knew, and they thanked it... kinda goes in the face of what they told me.

Kathianne
06-11-2018, 12:05 PM
I cannot find the 'offensive' post. Has it already been deleted?

Gunny
06-11-2018, 12:57 PM
You didn't know so, you didn't do anything wrong, pard.

But the mods knew, and they thanked it... kinda goes in the face of what they told me.I didn't know. So which "mods" are you talking about? And what "unwritten rule"?

I don't have a dog in this fight and at this point in time, no clue what it's about. Just seems to me you might want to get with whatever mod(s) agreed to back thi unwritten rule instead of claiming you aren't getting any support.

I generally just glance at this thread occasionally to see if anyone's being funny.

CSM
06-11-2018, 01:25 PM
I cannot find the 'offensive' post. Has it already been deleted?

I edited it so it wasn't offensive... it now just says "sorry"

Gunny
06-11-2018, 01:30 PM
I edited it so it wasn't offensive... it now just says "sorry":dunno:

Way I see it, Sergeant Major, Kathianne moved right behind the counter of "the Coffee Shop" aka "Kathianne's Cafe" and there wan't much need for me to pay attention. :)

Kathianne
06-11-2018, 01:35 PM
:dunno:

Way I see it, Sergeant Major, Kathianne moved right behind the counter of "the Coffee Shop" aka "Kathianne's Cafe" and there wan't much need for me to pay attention. :)

I like that thread, especially for those of us that just aren't all that involved in political discussions right now. I figure HPD was referring to me. He asked me a while ago to ask someone not to go all political on the thread, I explained this person was less than likely to take direction, indeed he might wish to try on his own. Told him if there were a problem, we'd back him. There wasn't a problem, I didn't see that person repeat the behavior once HPD asked politely.

None of us, myself included, can keep a running watch on a thread. Like anyone else, some things just are not read. I've never noticed that HPD has any problem at all of 'reporting posts,' he's very good at that.

Gunny
06-11-2018, 01:51 PM
I like that thread, especially for those of us that just aren't all that involved in political discussions right now. I figure HPD was referring to me. He asked me a while ago to ask someone not to go all political on the thread, I explained this person was less than likely to take direction, indeed he might wish to try on his own. Told him if there were a problem, we'd back him. There wasn't a problem, I didn't see that person repeat the behavior once HPD asked politely.

None of us, myself included, can keep a running watch on a thread. Like anyone else, some things just are not read. I've never noticed that HPD has any problem at all of 'reporting posts,' he's very good at that.My unwritten rule is none of you peasants may disagree with me. Anymore. Ever again. :smoke:

CSM
06-11-2018, 02:20 PM
My unwritten rule is none of you peasants may disagree with me. Anymore. Ever again. :smoke:

oh really.... hmmm

High_Plains_Drifter
06-11-2018, 03:03 PM

None of us, myself included, can keep a running watch on a thread. Like anyone else, some things just are not read. I've never noticed that HPD has any problem at all of 'reporting posts,' he's very good at that.
So it's still PICK ON HPD time for KATHY aye?

You didn't think a post about finding a homo liberal bakery and asking them to bake you an NRA cake wasn't POLITICAL? And you THANKED IT. You AND Abbey.

So what happened to that GANGING UP ON SOMEONE YOU THOUGHT WAS YOUR FRIEND BECAUSE THEY "LIKED" A POST? Sound familiar? I guess that only applies when it comes to YOU. And now you still feel the need to take a snotty little passing shot at me as if I report every other fuckin' post on the board, when the truth of the matter is I've MAYBE reported HALF A DOZEN in the ALL THE TIME I'VE BEEN HERE.

So fuck this... really... I just took it from you the other night and thought we had a "truce," that sure was BULL SHIT. If you don't like me, fine, then the feelings mutual, and if you're going to keep up your CRAP at me, FINE, two can play that game. I've done NOTHING to you personally that deserves your continued SNOTTINESS.

Abbey Marie
06-11-2018, 03:04 PM
My unwritten rule is none of you peasants may disagree with me. Anymore. Ever again. :smoke:

As as it turns out, I do come from solid peasant stock. On both sides of the family, lol.

Now Russ, on the other hand, has the upper crusty bloodline.

Black Diamond
06-11-2018, 03:21 PM

You didn't think a post about finding a homo liberal bakery and asking them to bake you an NRA cake wasn't POLITICAL? And you THANKED IT. You AND Abbey.

So what happened to that GANGING UP ON SOMEONE YOU THOUGHT WAS YOUR FRIEND BECAUSE THEY "LIKED" A POST? Sound familiar? I guess that only applies when it comes to YOU. And now you still feel the need to take a snotty little passing shot at me as if I report every other fuckin' post on the board, when the truth of the matter is I've MAYBE reported HALF A DOZEN in the ALL THE TIME I'VE BEEN HERE.

So fuck this... really... I just took it from you the other night and thought we had a "truce," that sure was BULL SHIT. If you don't like me, fine, then the feelings mutual, and if you're going to keep up your CRAP at me, FINE, two can play that game. I've done NOTHING to you personally that deserves your continued SNOTTINESS.
You're learning. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
06-11-2018, 03:25 PM

Jim thanked it, too.

Since you dragged me into this:
I thanked it because I like CSM, and I apparently liked what his post said.
Plus, I wasn’t thinking about/remembering your wishes when I clicked that little icon.

Honestly, Tom, I think that post was fairly innocuous. It’s not like someone came in this thread and called someone out or tried to start trouble. BTW, that can be done in posts of any subject, not just politics and religion.

This is a political debate board, and in my opinion, you cannot expect everyone to remember your “no politics, no religion” wishes every time they post in the thread.

Finally, as an Admin, I take stuff on a case-by-case basis, so I try not to make blanket statements like that. Perhaps whoever said it meant they would have your back in a very specific set of circumstances. Or perhaps they were just being friendly, I don’t know.

By calling it out, you have done to the thread exactly what I assume you don’t want political posts to do. If you had ignored it, things would be calm right now.

I can tell you this- I would not have deleted or moved CSM’s post. If that makes me a jerk, I can live with it.

jimnyc
06-11-2018, 03:54 PM

Well...mods thanking the political post surely isn't "having my back." It's quite the contrary.

Not your fault CSM... carry on...

Hey Tom, I think you're going a tad far with your misguided anger on this one. I took clicked like for CSM's post. I thought that after 20+ pages, that the thread kind of became a 'discuss anything' type of thread, and not a political thread as you mention. While the post may have been political in nature, I thought it more of a humorous or 'in your face' type of reply to the retarded actions of those wanting to sue folks who refuse to make them a certain cake. I don't believe CSM was trying to convert the thread into politics, but rather injected something humorous, that yes, had a political aspect to it.

I didn't even think 2x about any rule or no politics, honestly, as the post just simply didn't strike me that way. I'm confident that had you sent a PM to a staff member, reminding about expectations and what you were told, we could have moved the post elsewhere. But I had no idea the post bothered anyone.

And quite frankly, Pete is entitled to make sarcastic comments. Hell, we all do. That's not to say that he is allowed to ruin threads or anything like that, just pointing out that of course sarcasm is allowed.

There won't be no picking on HPD day or anything like that. I can only truly speak for myself, but I don't have an issue. I'm just stepping in here to reply to put this to an end and move forward.

Lastly, and I'm not saying anyone here is above the rules - but if there was ANYONE on this board that you would allow a little leeway to, it should be CSM in my opinion. I thought you military folk stood together? I think more appropriately, a PM was in order to him if you were upset, the same as everyone should always handle via PM when issues arise as such.

Gunny
06-11-2018, 05:15 PM
oh really.... hmmmWell yeah, Sergeant Major. Looked good when I typed it. Everything would run in a much more efficient and military manner if people would just do as they're told and stop asking dumbass questions :)

SassyLady
06-11-2018, 06:06 PM
I thought Coffee Shop was to discuss what our day was like.

If I go to a protest I will say so here (as something I did today), but will discuss the issue in separate thread.

This thread was meant as place to connect without fighting. Please respect that.

CSM
06-11-2018, 06:38 PM
I thought Coffee Shop was to discuss what our day was like.

If I go to a protest I will say so here (as something I did today), but will discuss the issue in separate thread.

This thread was meant as place to connect without fighting. Please respect that.

I SAID I WAS SORRY!!

I truly didn't mean to start anything....again, my apologies to all. You can be darn sure it wont happen again.

SassyLady
06-11-2018, 06:46 PM
I SAID I WAS SORRY!!

I truly didn't mean to start anything....again, my apologies to all. You can be darn sure it wont happen again.

Hey, at ease soldier. I didn't even see your original post.

You apologised and deleted which is right and honorable. It's all the other hoopla that followed that I'm responding to.

:cheers2:

CSM
06-11-2018, 07:25 PM

You apologised and deleted which is right and honorable. It's all the other hoopla that followed that I'm responding to.

Yes, Ma'am. Being at ease, Ma'am! LOL....

When House 6 speaks...everyone listens!

Abbey Marie
06-11-2018, 10:34 PM

?

SassyLady
06-11-2018, 10:35 PM
?

We kissed and made up.

Kathianne
06-11-2018, 10:36 PM
We kissed and made up.

You always get the good guys! ;)

SassyLady
06-11-2018, 10:45 PM
You always get the good guys! ;)

:sorry:

SassyLady
06-11-2018, 10:56 PM
Didn't do much today. Still watching videos of how to do resin art and ordering supplies. Need new hobby.

Saw a guy encase cholla ribs in resin and make a gear shift knob and bottle stopper from it.

BTW, found this today. "If life isn't going right, turn left." Like it.

Kathianne
06-11-2018, 11:04 PM
Didn't do much today. Still watching videos of how to do resin art and ordering supplies. Need new hobby.

Saw a guy encase cholla ribs in resin and make a gear shift knob and bottle stopper from it.

BTW, found this today. "If life isn't going right, turn left." Like it.

That post just made me smile! :cool:

darin
06-12-2018, 01:13 AM
i spent the evening not-reading the drama in this thread.

Now i'm laying in bed on a tuesday morning because it hurts too much to move.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-12-2018, 01:49 PM
i spent the evening not-reading the drama in this thread.

Now i'm laying in bed on a tuesday morning because it hurts too much to move.
Sorry I blew up.

I shouldn't let anything ruin picking up my car today at 4:00. Just talked with the salesman and he said it looks great. It'll be the only 2SS Camaro around with the stripes painted on, and even though it's taken them an absurd amount of time to do the job, I should be grateful they even offered to paint them. So I'm going to flip for pizza for lunch for the entire body shop at the dealer tomorrow, providing when I pick it up everything is cool.

jimnyc
06-12-2018, 02:38 PM
Sorry I blew up.

I shouldn't let anything ruin picking up my car today at 4:00. Just talked with the salesman and he said it looks great. It'll be the only 2SS Camaro around with the stripes painted on, and even though it's taken them an absurd amount of time to do the job, I should be grateful they even offered to paint them. So I'm going to flip for pizza for lunch for the entire body shop at the dealer tomorrow, providing when I pick it up everything is cool.

Post pictures later!!

High_Plains_Drifter
06-12-2018, 02:53 PM
Post pictures later!!
Heading out now. Going to stop at the bank before and change the auto payment date.

Will definitely be posting pics... I have butterflies in the gut... ;)

High_Plains_Drifter
06-12-2018, 05:59 PM
Well, it's everything I could have hoped for, the entire car is flawless... I'm a happy camper... now I'm afraid to drive it... :laugh:
jimnyc

https://image.ibb.co/mQfX5J/20180612_172858.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/dMtkQJ/20180612_172921.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/g60Asy/20180612_172935.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/iDcOCy/20180612_172946.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/mKaoed/20180612_172959.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/j0TkQJ/20180612_173018.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/hynekJ/20180612_173030.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/cTUEKd/20180612_173048.jpg

SassyLady
06-12-2018, 06:15 PM
Beautiful and hot!

High_Plains_Drifter
06-12-2018, 06:26 PM
Beautiful and hot!
First little pebble nick and I'm going to freak out... :p

Black Diamond
06-12-2018, 06:29 PM
From dyna to Camaro. One toy to another. :)

High_Plains_Drifter
06-12-2018, 07:03 PM
From dyna to Camaro. One toy to another. :)
Yeah... the life of a single guy... no kids or wife to worry about... :rolleyes:

High_Plains_Drifter
06-14-2018, 08:47 AM
I can drink a whole gallon of chocolate milk in just 2 or 3 days.

SassyLady
06-14-2018, 10:52 PM
I can eat a whole pan of brownies by myself .... within a 3 hour period of time. But only if I have ice cold milk to go with them.

SassyLady
06-14-2018, 11:03 PM
Spent the day with my 8 year old grandson. After lunch he wanted to go to book store (usually wants to go to latest movie). He bought one book of hacks for Minecraft; one gaming book for another game he "might" ask his father for his birthday; and a third book .... a blank journal. He wants to write down ideas for a super hero named Cammo.

Then we went to Michael's... craft store ... and picked up some acrylic paints.

And, of course, had to stop at Dairy Queen for a pineapple mango smoothie.

As we were driving around we played a game asking questions ... what's your favorite song, etc. I was totally flummoxed when he asked who's my favorite grandson. Wow .. I said "today, so far, you are my favorite grandchild!"

I have another grandson and granddaughter. Never know when you're going to be stumped!

Kathianne
06-14-2018, 11:18 PM
Spent the day with my 8 year old grandson. After lunch he wanted to go to book store (usually wants to go to latest movie). He bought one book of hacks for Minecraft; one gaming book for another game he "might" ask his father for his birthday; and a third book .... a blank journal. He wants to write down ideas for a super hero named Cammo.

Then we went to Michael's... craft store ... and picked up some acrylic paints.

And, of course, had to stop at Dairy Queen for a pineapple mango smoothie.

As we were driving around we played a game asking questions ... what's your favorite song, etc. I was totally flummoxed when he asked who's my favorite grandson. Wow .. I said "today, so far, you are my favorite grandchild!"

I have another grandson and granddaughter. Never know when you're going to be stumped!

I have 3 children, now all in their 30's. My daughter is easy, "Who's your favorite daughter?" "You are!" Now the boys? Hoo boy! They are and always have been super competitive. Even now, married and 1 a father, it's still, "Who's your favorite child?" (notice, not son.) Same response, "You're all my favorite in different ways, today I'm with you, so today you can be my favorite." LOL! Of course the response is, "Really, Mom! I am your favorite, right?"

SassyLady
06-14-2018, 11:48 PM
He took it heart and made sure he was good all day so he could stay my favorite. Opening doors, pushing the cart and carry the "heavy stuff".

Oh, and he paid for those books himself (or he thinks he did). He had to borrow the money until we got home. He only had a $100 bill so I took it and asked him to get the receipt and figure how much I owed him. After he figured it out I said, "well I only have 5 dollars so why don't you keep it until next time". He very generously said he would buy lunch next time. He's so cute!

Kathianne
06-15-2018, 12:16 AM
He took it heart and made sure he was good all day so he could stay my favorite. Opening doors, pushing the cart and carry the "heavy stuff".

Oh, and he paid for those books himself (or he thinks he did). He had to borrow the money until we got home. He only had a $100 bill so I took it and asked him to get the receipt and figure how much I owed him. After he figured it out I said, "well I only have 5 dollars so why don't you keep it until next time". He very generously said he would buy lunch next time. He's so cute!

That is adorable! Got to love the kids!

darin
06-15-2018, 01:24 AM
I can eat a whole pan of brownies by myself .... within a 3 hour period of time. But only if I have ice cold milk to go with them.

Friend of mine brought brownies to me! She collected the select ingredients in a 'coffee shop' in Amsterdam.

SassyLady
06-15-2018, 01:43 AM
Friend of mine brought brownies to me! She collected the select ingredients in a 'coffee shop' in Amsterdam.

I don't drink coffee, have never smoked and have never had "select ingredients" in my brownies. I've never even put that select ingredient in my body. I'm so not a part of the "in" crowd. :cool:

darin
06-15-2018, 02:06 AM
I don't drink coffee, have never smoked and have never had "select ingredients" in my brownies. I've never even put that select ingredient in my body. I'm so not a part of the "in" crowd. :cool:

(sigh)......the potential double entendre there.

I gotcher 'select ingredient' baby...

Kathianne
06-15-2018, 05:51 AM
Amsterdam, my mind goes to chocolate. LOL! Yes, I know the reputation, it's just that my mind almost always goes to chocolate. :coffee::laugh2:

darin
06-15-2018, 06:17 AM
Amsterdam, my mind goes to chocolate. LOL! Yes, I know the reputation, it's just that my mind almost always goes to chocolate. :coffee::laugh2:

well...there's some amount of cocoa in these brownies... so yeah :)

Kathianne
06-15-2018, 06:32 AM
well...there's some amount of cocoa in these brownies... so yeah :)

High_Plains_Drifter
06-15-2018, 06:37 AM
Walmart deli, Chocolate Chunk cookies... maaaaan... I always buy two containers of them when I go. They're always super fresh and nice and soft and packed with big chunks of chocolate, and yes, they're so good to eat with cold milk.

darin
06-15-2018, 08:02 AM
...."Big Chunks of Chocolate" was my nickname in college. I went to Grambling.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-15-2018, 09:29 AM
.......... :laugh:

SassyLady
06-15-2018, 01:03 PM

No wonder I like you so much!

High_Plains_Drifter
06-15-2018, 03:26 PM
Just hit 200 followers on twitter.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-15-2018, 06:22 PM
Wow... board was out for me for about half an hour... :dunno:

SassyLady
06-15-2018, 10:23 PM
Just hit 200 followers on twitter.

WOW .. don't know whether to congratulate you or question your sanity.

SassyLady
06-15-2018, 10:26 PM
IT'S RAINING!

Did happy dance in the rain. Love the smell of creosote, wet dirt and clean air!

No T&L yet!

How's the weather at your house Kathianne?

Kathianne
06-15-2018, 11:13 PM
IT'S RAINING!

Did happy dance in the rain. Love the smell of creosote, wet dirt and clean air!

No T&L yet!

How's the weather at your house Kathianne?

I felt two drops. Hoping!

High_Plains_Drifter
06-16-2018, 01:44 PM
It is hotter'n hell here, and humid. Just oppressive, can't do anything outside at all.

SassyLady
06-17-2018, 02:10 AM
Steady drizzle for about 12-14 hours. Heard thunder but didn't see any lightning today.

CSM
06-17-2018, 06:32 AM
Father's Day... grandsons are taking me fishing! LOL

High_Plains_Drifter
06-17-2018, 07:41 AM
Wish it was cooler around here but it's just oppressive. Us northerners aren't used to this kind of heat and humidity. I might have to tough it out and grill a couple a burgers today, so long as the beer is cold.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-18-2018, 06:38 PM
Looks like we're in for some nasty weather... we can use the rain, but we don't need any tormaters...

https://image.ibb.co/gPBfLJ/storms.jpg

SassyLady
06-19-2018, 03:45 AM
Had a massage today. Deep tissue. I need a safe word.

I hurt, but feel better.

I told her I wasn't going to call her a massage therapist anymore ... she's now officially a Dom.

:slap:

Kathianne
06-19-2018, 05:18 AM
Had a massage today. Deep tissue. I need a safe word.

I hurt, but feel better.

I told her I wasn't going to call her a massage therapist anymore ... she's now officially a Dom.

:slap:

High_Plains_Drifter
06-19-2018, 09:26 AM
From 93 to 64 in 12 hours... only in Wisconsin.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 08:14 AM
I really used to look forward to my Monday Spotify Weekly Picks, but it must be running out of artists and songs that really fit with what I have saved because it just keeps getting worse. This weeks picks were the worst yet, probably clicked on "I don't like this song" on 3/4 of ALL the songs. Seems last week it picked all hillbilly kinda music, and this week it was picking old hippie type folk music.

I still like the Spotify though, and the Daily picks are usually good, daily picks of similar artists to what you have saved.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-20-2018, 09:44 AM
Got new SS center caps for my mags on the Camaro. Was going to pop them on the other day and started looking for a place to jack it up to take the wheels off because the caps have to be popped out from the back, and really didn't see anywhere where I could jack up the car, so onto youtube for a how to video and found that you have to have this little jack pad adapter that fits over a "pinch weld." How weird, but, I ordered one and it should be here today. Not going to rush into anything on that car not sure what I'm doing. I'm finding lots of stuff is not conventional. I checked the truck for a jack and there is none. There's not even a spare tire, because the tires are "run flat," and you can drive on them for up to 50 miles with no air in them. Guess that's far enough to get to somewhere to find a new tire, or have it loaded onto a flatbed tow truck, and there's a huge I-hook that screws into a threaded hole in the front cross member to hook a tow line into too. Just all kinds of different little things unique to this car.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-23-2018, 08:49 AM
Not to be outdone, I get a text from my AF photographer buddy with the below pic saying, "you're not the only one who gets to have fun, picked this up last week," ... I said, "oh no, old guys buying hotrods, RUN THE HILLS"... :laugh:

https://image.ibb.co/cb3TH8/IMG_0476.jpg

High_Plains_Drifter
06-27-2018, 04:50 PM
Damn... I'm missing a good auction... they're what I do for fun, and Wilkinson Auction and Reality are my cousins...

https://wilkinsonauctions.com/auctions/large-woodworking-household-auction-dean-verna-dosch/

Got involved today working on some OEM fender flares for the GMC I picked up cheap. Been wanting some for years. Got them all fitted and sanded and need to crank up the paint. Going to do them semi gloss black to match the rest of the blacked out trim...

https://image.ibb.co/kaoJQT/20180625_160741.jpg

High_Plains_Drifter
06-27-2018, 06:17 PM
DAMN IT... only had a little semi gloss black left in one can of paint. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to buy some, and I am so impatient... :mad:

High_Plains_Drifter
07-05-2018, 11:34 AM
I got a bloody nose yesterday, right out of the blue. Ruined my 4th like right now. Had my Camaro in the car show, had just met my buddy I hadn't seen in two years, was looking at bikes he and his son and daughter had entered and it just started bleeding. Had to beat a hasty retreat home and that was the end of my day.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-06-2018, 04:22 PM
Well... so much for another birthday...

Kathianne
07-06-2018, 05:34 PM

Happy Birthday! (I'm not seeing it on the front page, but I assume this means today is it?)

SassyLady
07-06-2018, 07:23 PM

Sorry I missed it. Happy belated birthday HPD!

High_Plains_Drifter
07-06-2018, 07:40 PM
Yeah until midnight... ;) Thanks for the mentions.

Was a perfect day to have a birthday. It was just gorgeous here in SW WI today. 79 degrees, no humidity, couldn't have been nicer.

Going to just get hot again though.

SassyLady
07-06-2018, 09:06 PM
I got a bloody nose yesterday, right out of the blue. Ruined my 4th like right now. Had my Camaro in the car show, had just met my buddy I hadn't seen in two years, was looking at bikes he and his son and daughter had entered and it just started bleeding. Had to beat a hasty retreat home and that was the end of my day.

I had a few of those in early 2015. First one happened on way to work. It was so bad had to pull over and call a friend to come get me and take me to urgent care. I had to get out of car and just bend over and let it run. They gave me a nose clip and said it could take quite awhile for the blood vessels to heal inside.

Apparently, I had "irritated" my nasal cavity from all the activity going on around the house and stress. I was moving and we were cleaning out storage, basement, barn, painting, stripping wallpaper, etc. Lots of dust, mildew, mold, paint fumes .. etc. Doctor said I probably just blew my nose too hard and ruptured a blood vessel. I said I hadn't blown my nose .. just minding my own business driving down the road. It just felt like a runny nose until I saw all the blood on Kleenex. Like an idiot I put my head back and almost drown on the blood. Doctor said never look up .. just pinch nose until it quits.

The sudden bloody nose attacks would come without warning over the couple of months. Never could figure out how someone could have a bloody nose and not have been injured first. Now I know.

Drifter ... get a nose clip. They really help.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11541&stc=1

SassyLady
07-06-2018, 09:09 PM
Yeah until midnight... ;) Thanks for the mentions.

Was a perfect day to have a birthday. It was just gorgeous here in SW today. 79 degrees, no humidity, couldn't have been nicer.

Going to just get hot again though.

We had a haboob here yesterday. I-10 closed between Tucson and Phoenix. Today winds from 20-25 mph for most of day.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-06-2018, 09:36 PM
I had a few of those in early 2015. First one happened on way to work. It was so bad had to pull over and call a friend to come get me and take me to urgent care. I had to get out of car and just bend over and let it run. They gave me a nose clip and said it could take quite awhile for the blood vessels to heal inside.

Apparently, I had "irritated" my nasal cavity from all the activity going on around the house and stress. I was moving and we were cleaning out storage, basement, barn, painting, stripping wallpaper, etc. Lots of dust, mildew, mold, paint fumes .. etc. Doctor said I probably just blew my nose too hard and ruptured a blood vessel. I said I hadn't blown my nose .. just minding my own business driving down the road. It just felt like a runny nose until I saw all the blood on Kleenex. Like an idiot I put my head back and almost drown on the blood. Doctor said never look up .. just pinch nose until it quits.

The sudden bloody nose attacks would come without warning over the couple of months. Never could figure out how someone could have a bloody nose and not have been injured first. Now I know.

Drifter ... get a nose clip. They really help.
I remember my Dad telling me about getting nose bleeds when he was in the Navy, bad ones hard to stop, some that just started for no apparent reason, but he did box on ship too, but they "burnt" some blood vessel or vein in his nose and he never had another bloody nose in his life. I messaged my doctor on myhealthvet and asked about that cauterizing. I also wonder if it's the sudden increase in the statin I'm on and the heat combination. It was blast furnace hot here on the 4th and when it's hot your blood vessels swell, could have just been so hot that vessel in my nose swelled too much, and I hope that statin isn't thinning my blood. I quit taking it until I hear back from the doc.

I see on Amazon... now this is going to sound gross but... there's little swab plug kinda things like a tampon almost, that in the case of a bloody nose you just shove one in your nostril and it expands and stops the bleeding.

SassyLady
07-06-2018, 09:48 PM
I remember my Dad telling me about getting nose bleeds when he was in the Navy, bad ones hard to stop, some that just started for no apparent reason, but he did box on ship too, but they "burnt" some blood vessel or vein in his nose and he never had another bloody nose in his life. I messaged my doctor on myhealthvet and asked about that cauterizing. I also wonder if it's the sudden increase in the statin I'm on and the heat combination. It was blast furnace hot here on the 4th and when it's hot your blood vessels swell, could have just been so hot that vessel in my nose swelled too much, and I hope that statin isn't thinning my blood. I quit taking it until I hear back from the doc.

I see on Amazon... now this is going to sound gross but... there's little swab plug kinda things like a tampon almost, that in the case of a bloody nose you just shove one in your nostril and it expands and stops the bleeding.

Nose clip is better.

I have polycythemia .. too many red blood cells so my bloody noses were not from thin blood. Just irritants in my environment.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-06-2018, 09:58 PM
Nose clip is better.

I have polycythemia .. too many red blood cells so my bloody noses were not from thin blood. Just irritants in my environment.
Hopefully I get this under control and won't need either, but if I do, I'll get something. No hint of a problem for the past couple days now.

I've had problems in past years in the winter too, but that's from the super dry winter air. Pretty much got that under control with a big, whole house humidifier.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-06-2018, 10:24 PM
Well, doc says no way it's the statin or the CoQ10, and more than likely it wasn't the heat. So it was pretty much just a freak nose bleed. He said use a nasal spray, which I have, twice a day for a week and if it keeps happening, call him.

Kathianne
07-07-2018, 02:14 AM
We had a haboob here yesterday. I-10 closed between Tucson and Phoenix. Today winds from 20-25 mph for most of day.

Freaked me out!

High_Plains_Drifter
07-07-2018, 07:02 AM
I was in a couple of those when I lived in Apache Junction. I remember seeing the first one thinking it looked liked the apocalypse.

Drummond
07-07-2018, 08:15 AM
It is hotter'n hell here, and humid. Just oppressive, can't do anything outside at all.

Wales (I live in SE Wales, near to the border with England) is going though a 'heatwave'. Yep. Just passed the 80 degree mark, by God ....

I'm English, a Londoner, born 'n' bred. THERE, they call a heatwave anything from 90 degrees upwards. Wales has a colder climate. With their 'heatwaves' comes humidity, though, so the heat, such as it is, seems oppressive.

No matter. I get up, prepare a mug of industrial-strength coffee (or sometimes just Earl Grey tea), and I'm prepared for whatever weather the UK chucks my way ....

LongTermGuy
07-09-2018, 02:28 PM
Your friends, my friends....I’ll keep mine, they’re fierce, they’re loyal & they’re mine :cool:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhrF_9PVMAEj8wG.jpg

High_Plains_Drifter
07-09-2018, 07:35 PM
Heard on the news last night during the weather forecast that last year, we had THREE days that were 90 or over. So far this year we've had over TWENTY.

Just one of those years. Yeah I detest winter but it seems I can tolerate the cold better than I can the heat as time goes on. Might be from just living up nort', I don't know. But when you just step out the door and that heat hits you in the face like a blast furnace exhaust... holy FUCK... it gets old. Then throw in gnats and it's just rotten outside.

High_Plains_Drifter
07-23-2018, 08:39 AM
@darin (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=19)

So a really good old Air Force Buddy of mine is heading this way from Washington state. Going to be here the 28th, 29th and 30th. Already booked him a motel room across the river on me since he's a guest. I was stationed with him at Nellis AFB, Las Vegas. He was the first person to befriend me that had a vehicle, which happened to be a cool little Chevy 1/2 ton, short bed, 4x4, and he took me downtown Vegas for the first time. It helped that we worked out of the same shop, 474th CRS.

But after I texted him pictures of the Camaro, seems I sparked something in him because a month later he texted me pictures of this... said I'm not the only one that can enjoy having a cool new car... :cool:

https://image.ibb.co/bs51yd/IMG_0476.jpg

He says it's quick and really fun to drive. He had a little convertible Fiat in Vegas with a 4 banger that you could rap out forever, made all kinds of noise but wasn't fast at all, but still fun to drive. He likes those foreign cars like so many others.

Gunny
07-23-2018, 06:29 PM
"Cool front" coming in :rolleyes:

Was 106 today at Lackland AFB. "Officially" 103 at the airport, but I don't live at the airport. I live close to Lackland. BUT ... it's going to be "only" 101 tomorrow! Probably get a case of frostbite :)

Kathianne
07-23-2018, 06:31 PM

Was 106 today at Lackland AFB. "Officially" 103 at the airport, but I don't live at the airport. I live close to Lackland. BUT ... it's going to be "only" 101 tomorrow! Probably get a case of frostbite :)

Just ran to the library and grocery, it's 115 out. Same tomorrow. By Friday supposed to be down to 106. Sigh. I really, really hate to get up at 2 or 3 am and find it's close to 90 and then it starts rising!

Gunny
07-23-2018, 07:20 PM
Just ran to the library and grocery, it's 115 out. Same tomorrow. By Friday supposed to be down to 106. Sigh. I really, really hate to get up at 2 or 3 am and find it's close to 90 and then it starts rising!You didn't have that in the hi desert, did you? BIG difference. It'll get down to around 80-85 at night here but as the temp goes down the humidity rises so there's really no deal. And I get up at 5 to run. If my entire workout isn't done by 11AM-ish, it ain't happening.

Kathianne
07-23-2018, 07:41 PM
You didn't have that in the hi desert, did you? BIG difference. It'll get down to around 80-85 at night here but as the temp goes down the humidity rises so there's really no deal. And I get up at 5 to run. If my entire workout isn't done by 11AM-ish, it ain't happening.

Nope, it would get down in the high 70's low 80's in the summer peak. Not here, it's hot all night. Just heard a change for Friday, 112! Thursday 117. Sigh. I'm melting.

Work starts tomorrow, 7:30-4 with 2 evening meetings. Next week too. Kids start 8/6. It doesn't feel 'fall.' LOL!

Gunny
07-23-2018, 07:50 PM
Nope, it would get down in the high 70's low 80's in the summer peak. Not here, it's hot all night. Just heard a change for Friday, 112! Thursday 117. Sigh. I'm melting.

Work starts tomorrow, 7:30-4 with 2 evening meetings. Next week too. Kids start 8/6. It doesn't feel 'fall.' LOL!In 29 Palms it would get up to 115-120 every day and still drop into the low 70s-upper 60s at night. It's actually up in the mountains and the sand doesn't retain much heat at night.

Here? Hot. or humid. Or hot and humid. The high pressure system keeps the humidity trapped to the ground.

See the things you learn on the weather now since they quit just telling what tomorrow was going to be like?:) For instance, I know we're like to dip below 100 to 99 twice in the next 10 days :(

Glad I don't work out in this crap anymore :)

High_Plains_Drifter
07-23-2018, 09:43 PM

Yeah I see that on weather channel... holy crapoola man... I'd be cooking like a prized goose on Thanksgiving Day. I can't take the heat up here let alone that.

Kathianne
07-23-2018, 09:51 PM
In 29 Palms it would get up to 115-120 every day and still drop into the low 70s-upper 60s at night. It's actually up in the mountains and the sand doesn't retain much heat at night.

Here? Hot. or humid. Or hot and humid. The high pressure system keeps the humidity trapped to the ground.

See the things you learn on the weather now since they quit just telling what tomorrow was going to be like?:) For instance, I know we're like to dip below 100 to 99 twice in the next 10 days :(

Glad I don't work out in this crap anymore :)

I just looked at 'extended forecast' through August 16, so far it doesn't dip below 101. :( Mostly around 108, though next 2 days are 113. HOT!

darin
07-24-2018, 01:29 AM

So a really good old Air Force Buddy of mine is heading this way from Washington state. Going to be here the 28th, 29th and 30th. Already booked him a motel room across the river on me since he's a guest. I was stationed with him at Nellis AFB, Las Vegas. He was the first person to befriend me that had a vehicle, which happened to be a cool little Chevy 1/2 ton, short bed, 4x4, and he took me downtown Vegas for the first time. It helped that we worked out of the same shop, 474th CRS.

But after I texted him pictures of the Camaro, seems I sparked something in him because a month later he texted me pictures of this... said I'm not the only one that can enjoy having a cool new car... :cool:

https://image.ibb.co/bs51yd/IMG_0476.jpg

He says it's quick and really fun to drive. He had a little convertible Fiat in Vegas with a 4 banger that you could rap out forever, made all kinds of noise but wasn't fast at all, but still fun to drive. He likes those foreign cars like so many others.

There's no photo there for me, Tom :(

Can you attach it via a reply?

High_Plains_Drifter
08-01-2018, 08:06 AM
There's no photo there for me, Tom :(

Can you attach it via a reply? darin

https://image.ibb.co/k9vYDz/IMG_0476.jpg

High_Plains_Drifter
08-01-2018, 08:08 AM
Well, my Master Electrician buddy say's he's got a broken back, cracked or whatever, and is in so much pain he can barely stand up. So, today I'm going to go finish up a job for him that he had started and now can't finish. He charges $60 an hour, so I hope since I'm taking over this job, that's what he's going to pay me. Should only take a day finish it up, it's only installing some outlets, lights, breakers and such.

darin
08-01-2018, 08:21 AM

nothing there

High_Plains_Drifter
08-01-2018, 10:15 PM
nothing there @darin (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=19)
WHAAAAAAT? I'm looking right at it.

Ooooh you had the same problem before. Something about your european internet, you can't see picture files hosted here. I remember the only way you could see my pics was for me to attach it to the board...

... ok...

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11596&stc=1

darin
08-02-2018, 01:13 AM
WHAAAAAAT? I'm looking right at it.

Ooooh you had the same problem before. Something about your european internet, you can't see picture files hosted here. I remember the only way you could see my pics was for me to attach it to the board...

... ok...

YUP! Now you got it! Thank you. That's a beautiful car. Love those.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-02-2018, 06:04 PM
YUP! Now you got it! Thank you. That's a beautiful car. Love those.
My buddy was just here. We got two days of good visiting in before he had to head back to Washington state. Was SOOO good to see a good old friend that I had been stationed with at Nellis.

But of course, I gave him a ride in the Camaro, and grudgingly he said, "I think you have me beat in acceleration," compared to his little beamer... I had to laugh to myself. I only got on the Camaro about half throttle, and even then, I know dang well the Camaro would run circles around that beamer. He said the beamer had a 130 mph top end, well the Camaro's top end is 180. I could have shut off the traction control and just roasted the tires, but, that's just something I really don't want to do... yet. I'm sure I'll probably have to see what kind of a burn out it'll do at some point, but I'm in no hurry. The thing is so brutally fast just playing with it, I have my hands full.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-07-2018, 02:21 PM
I just switched almost all of my insurance from State Farm over to USAA, and I saved a BOAT LOAD of money, like $1,400 year... unbelievable. I hate paying insurance anyway. I think it's a freakin' extortion racket, so if I can save that much money, I'm going to do it.

SassyLady
08-08-2018, 02:13 AM
I just switched almost all of my insurance from State Farm over to USAA, and I saved a BOAT LOAD of money, like $1,400 year... unbelievable. I hate paying insurance anyway. I think it's a freakin' extortion racket, so if I can save that much money, I'm going to do it.

Been with USAA since 1993. Love it!

darin
08-08-2018, 02:15 AM
same - USAA since 1998

SassyLady
08-08-2018, 02:24 AM
same - USAA since 1998
Are your kids members?

Have financed cars, insurance, investments, banking, credit cards...always fair. Good customer service.

darin
08-08-2018, 03:20 AM
Are your kids members?

Have financed cars, insurance, investments, banking, credit cards...always fair. Good customer service.

My daughter yes, son not-yet.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-08-2018, 04:34 PM
Yeah and they offered me a VISA card so I could get another discount by having a USAA financial account. Gave me a 8.(something)%APR, which is awesome, and an $8,000 credit limit.

I had to keep my Harley insurance with S.F. though because they don't insure motorcycles... odd.

SassyLady
08-08-2018, 10:32 PM
Yeah and they offered me a VISA card so I could get another discount by having a USAA financial account. Gave me a 8.(something)%APR, which is awesome, and an $8,000 credit limit.

I had to keep my Harley insurance with S.F. though because they don't insure motorcycles... odd.

That is odd. We had ours insured with them ... but that was around 2005-2012 time frame. After our divorce don't know what he did with Harley.

Black Diamond
08-08-2018, 10:55 PM

Z4?

High_Plains_Drifter
08-13-2018, 04:42 PM
I'm still waiting to see if we get any new members from the link I have to the board on twitter. I have 251 followers now... I know people have to be seeing it.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-18-2018, 11:10 AM
Headed over to the car show. Even though there's a class for my year Camaro, I don't think I'll enter today. Going to also visit another buddy that's on the way there and back. Probably won't stick around 'til it's over.

https://www.facebook.com/sgcarshow/?hc_ref=ARSUmgc49U7PeTd3Bm4FMOtnVqLHpPbLnJ21GPXR7d ej94qKQ4e3y5fUBr8g60ZO07A&fref=nf&__xts__

Will have to stop by my cousins new office there too. They're having a grand opening of sorts. Good time for that since the cars are parked on the street right in front of their new office.

https://www.facebook.com/Wilkinson-Auction-and-Realty-Company-1412969325666531/

Gunny
08-27-2018, 09:08 PM
Gunny "Grandpa", currently SNCOIC of Gunny's Daycare is basically screwed until the "Lil Gunny in Training" gets a new daycare. I got up at 5 and finally got to sit down for a few minutes about 5. Then I got to do everything I hadn't been able to all day.

I thought was f-ing ree-tired ....:crying33

High_Plains_Drifter
08-27-2018, 09:41 PM
Gunny "Grandpa", currently SNCOIC of Gunny's Daycare is basically screwed until the "Lil Gunny in Training" gets a new daycare. I got up at 5 and finally got to sit down for a few minutes about 5. Then I got to do everything I hadn't been able to all day.

I thought was f-ing ree-tired ....:crying33
You're a better man than I am... the last thing on earth I'd ever do is BABY SIT. I'd rather have bamboo shoots shoved under my finger nails... :laugh:

Gunny
08-28-2018, 09:07 PM
You're a better man than I am... the last thing on earth I'd ever do is BABY SIT. I'd rather have bamboo shoots shoved under my finger nails... :laugh:Hear ya, brother. I WANT to say NO! I have this issue with stepping up to the plate when called upon though.

I wish the little guy would let me breathe though :laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
08-29-2018, 08:17 AM
Hear ya, brother. I WANT to say NO! I have this issue with stepping up to the plate when called upon though.

I wish the little guy would let me breathe though :laugh:
I guess I'm lucky, if you want to call it that. I only have one son and one grandson, and they live close to 100 miles away so, I'm not even put in a situation where I could be asked to baby sit, not to mention my son and I don't get along so we don't really talk.

Says on Amazon that the new gym should be here between Sept. 5th & 10th. Gone 6 days now without a smoke, and even just that makes me feel better. Going to give it a good go and try and quit for good. I'll get more benefit from working out if I do. I'm sure excited to start. Been a good 4 years probably since I sold my other Golds Universal gym, and I really miss it.

High_Plains_Drifter
09-06-2018, 08:05 AM
It's COOL, and FAR LESS HUMID, and the SUN IS SHINING this morning... it's like HEAVEN... :dance:

High_Plains_Drifter
09-08-2018, 02:46 PM
Anybody else ever try Modelo Negra beer?

Pretty good. Got a real good dark beer flavor.

Since I can't find Bass Ale around here anywhere, and I'm tired of Michelob Amber Bock, good but kinda lame on flavor, had to try and find another good dark beer.

High_Plains_Drifter
09-08-2018, 04:25 PM
Time for a FIRE. I haven't had a fire in the fire pit all summer. Been too hot.

High_Plains_Drifter
09-08-2018, 04:29 PM
TRIVIA: anybody know what this is? @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1) @Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30) @Elessar (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=3442) @Abbey (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=11) @aboutime (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=2272) @Tyr-Ziu Saxnot (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=2275) @CSM (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=36) @SassyLady (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=83) @darin (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=19)

http://www.dpimagehosting.com/images/2018/09/08/20180908_162754.jpg

Gunny
09-08-2018, 07:27 PM
The ratchet or the press wood?

High_Plains_Drifter
09-08-2018, 07:29 PM
The ratchet or the press wood?
Good guess, but nope.

I'll turn it over and post that pic when everyone gets a guess... you'll be surprised... ;)

I bought this at Sears too.

High_Plains_Drifter
09-08-2018, 08:18 PM
I hope jimnyc doesn't mind, but I'm posting on my twitter for people to come over and join the board. I've had the link to here up for awhile, but I'm posting now drawing attention to the link for people to come over and join.

Gunny
09-08-2018, 08:38 PM
Good guess, but nope.

I'll turn it over and post that pic when everyone gets a guess... you'll be surprised... ;)

I bought this at Sears too.I got the "from Sears" part where it has "Craftsman" stamped down the middle of it. No telling what it is. I've seen some weird tools over the years.

High_Plains_Drifter
09-08-2018, 08:47 PM
I got the "from Sears" part where it has "Craftsman" stamped down the middle of it. No telling what it is. I've seen some weird tools over the years.
Here's a hint... "it isn't a tool."

SassyLady
09-09-2018, 12:45 AM
Bottle opener.

High_Plains_Drifter
09-09-2018, 12:48 AM
Bottle opener.
SASSY LADY... WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER... (did you google it?)... :laugh:

https://image.ibb.co/hqx3VU/20180908_193416.jpg

SassyLady
09-09-2018, 02:07 PM
Nope! My nephew has one. He drinks a lot of beer! :beer:

High_Plains_Drifter
09-17-2018, 03:08 PM
Well... I don't have to STRESS OUT anymore... a LOAD has been lifted off my shoulders. I was getting pretty strung out worrying that I wouldn't have a vehicle to drive when the snow, AND SALT, flies here in Wisconsin. It can go from abnormally hotter'n blue blazes like it is right now to WINTER in Wisconsin in nothing flat, and I am SOOOO picky when it comes to vehicles. Well, I thought this was a Tahoe when I drove past it, turns out it's a 2005 Suburban, but ya know, that's not a deal breaker. Just means I can haul more in it. But the best part is, it's got a nice body on it and the interior is pretty nice too. Was owned by a school and only has 95,000 miles on it, so it had to be on some sort of maintenance program too like all state vehicles are. I'm pretty happy. Got like new Firestone tires on it too. Sure it needs a little TLC here and there, the brakes feel bad to me, the speakers in the drivers door are inop, and both speakers in the rear doors sound horrible as well, so I'll upgrade the entire audio system in it and probably add a subwoofer, but I'm going to take it over to my buddies shop and get it up on the hoist tomorrow and start cleaning the underside and get it ready for 10 cans of 3M rust proofing... $8,500 and change out the door... couldn't be happier... it's paid for, low miles, runs great, drives nice, it's a 4 wheel drive and it's a Chevy...

http://www.dpimagehosting.com/images/2018/09/17/20180917_141116.jpg

High_Plains_Drifter
09-21-2018, 10:33 AM
Saw this on facebook... was so good I had to post it here... absolutely one thing we look forward to up nort' here in Wisconsin... :laugh:

http://www.dpimagehosting.com/images/2018/09/21/mosq.jpg

High_Plains_Drifter
09-21-2018, 05:22 PM
It was EIGHT ONE DEGREES here LAST NIGHT... tonight, it's supposed to be THIRTY EIGHT...!!

That's the way it goes in Wisconsin... unreal. Last night I had my A/C on, tonight I'll probably have on the HEAT.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-02-2018, 12:18 AM
Good Lord... what have I done... there's a beast in my shop... I think someone named darin would love to drive this angry machine...

http://www.dpimagehosting.com/images/2018/10/02/2ss.jpg

High_Plains_Drifter
10-04-2018, 08:09 AM
Pretty bizarre... we've set a record amount of records for rain here in Wisconsin this year. We've had epic flooding. Yesterday it was 84 degrees here, in OCTOBER, and it rained, and then rained last night, hard, and there's rain in the forecast now for the next SEVEN TO TEN DAYS.

I power washed my back patio behind the shop once already this year, and there's already green mold growing on it again, and there's some green in FRONT on the cement drive where the sun shines, where there's NEVER been even a hint of mold before in the 8 years I've lived here.

Heard about some guy that had a sink hole open up underneath his feet, small at first like 3' around, but it kept growing and it got pretty huge. Took the fire department and many others to rescue the guy. I didn't hear exactly where but it had to be around here in my regional area somewhere. I think sink holes are about as scary as anything else, and although Wisconsin is prone to the occasional sink hole, it's not a real problem here, but all this rain is exactly what makes them happen, and we've had epic rain.

I hope all this rain, this wet pattern, doesn't hold over into winter, or we're in for one helluva a lot of snow... FEET.

darin
10-04-2018, 12:53 PM
i wanna take that car to thunderhill raceway :)

Gunny
10-06-2018, 07:22 AM
It was EIGHT ONE DEGREES here LAST NIGHT... tonight, it's supposed to be THIRTY EIGHT...!!

That's the way it goes in Wisconsin... unreal. Last night I had my A/C on, tonight I'll probably have on the HEAT.:smoke:

If it would just drop down to the 80s here for awhile I could deal with it. We went from 100 degree days straight into almost a month straight of rain (:cuckoo:) right back to 90s for the hi's. It only dropped into the 90s so the humidity can climb into the sauna range.

The kicker: When it's hot here, my daughter keeps it so cold in the house I wear a hoodie half the time INSIDE when it's 99 OUTSIDE. During the winter? Just the opposite. She keeps the heat so high I have to put on clothes to go outside. I have to block the AC register and open my window to get oxygen. :laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
10-06-2018, 09:37 AM
:smoke:

If it would just drop down to the 80s here for awhile I could deal with it. We went from 100 degree days straight into almost a month straight of rain (:cuckoo:) right back to 90s for the hi's. It only dropped into the 90s so the humidity can climb into the sauna range.

The kicker: When it's hot here, my daughter keeps it so cold in the house I wear a hoodie half the time INSIDE when it's 99 OUTSIDE. During the winter? Just the opposite. She keeps the heat so high I have to put on clothes to go outside. I have to block the AC register and open my window to get oxygen. :laugh:
Yeah we've had EPIC rain here in Wisconsin. It's rained, rained some more, and then rained even more. It's rained for the past week and we have rain forecasted until Wednesday. We've set all kinds of new records for rainfall and flooding, bridges washed out, it's insane. Can't remember ever a summer like this. The nice, no humidity, cool Fall days I look forward to just aren't happening. I'll probably have to mow my lawn again before winter even, in OCTOBER. That's just unheard of in Wisconsin.

Anywho... still hitting the gym like crazy. I can see that putting on any size will be a slow process, probably has something to do with being 63, but I certainly feel stronger and my endurance is going up, and I'm getting muscle definition. I think I was in worse shape than I realized, so this gym was a really, really good idea. Been working everything from head to toe, I'm back and forth right now reading the board and working the legs, then I better haul a load of garbage to the dump. I haven't smoked either, Gunny, and I haven't used that new vape I bought for over a week either. I just don't see inhaling anything as being helpful while working out to get healthy. I hit the treadmill yesterday to get some cardio and did two miles. Felt pretty good on there too. Yeah I'm super glad I have this thing. I'll stick with it. Putting it in the house right here under my nose was the best idea. I should have taken a picture of myself before I started so I could compare it to a year from then. I'm starting to feel pretty dang good, just after a month.

Abbey Marie
10-06-2018, 10:30 AM
Yeah we've had EPIC rain here in Wisconsin. It's rained, rained some more, and then rained even more. It's rained for the past week and we have rain forecasted until Wednesday. We've set all kinds of new records for rainfall and flooding, bridges washed out, it's insane. Can't remember ever a summer like this. The nice, no humidity, cool Fall days I look forward to just aren't happening. I'll probably have to mow my lawn again before winter even, in OCTOBER. That's just unheard of in Wisconsin.

Anywho... still hitting the gym like crazy. I can see that putting on any size will be a slow process, probably has something to do with being 63, but I certainly feel stronger and my endurance is going up, and I'm getting muscle definition. I think I was in worse shape than I realized, so this gym was a really, really good idea. Been working everything from head to toe, I'm back and forth right now reading the board and working the legs, then I better haul a load of garbage to the dump. I haven't smoked either, Gunny, and I haven't used that new vape I bought for over a week either. I just don't see inhaling anything as being helpful while working out to get healthy. I hit the treadmill yesterday to get some cardio and did two miles. Felt pretty good on there too. Yeah I'm super glad I have this thing. I'll stick with it. Putting it in the house right here under my nose was the best idea. I should have taken a picture of myself before I started so I could compare it to a year from then. I'm starting to feel pretty dang good, just after a month.

Bold=good idea. When reading about the latest lib garbage makes your head want to explode, you can immediately work it off.

:thumb:

Gunny
10-06-2018, 10:42 AM

Anywho... still hitting the gym like crazy. I can see that putting on any size will be a slow process, probably has something to do with being 63, but I certainly feel stronger and my endurance is going up, and I'm getting muscle definition. I think I was in worse shape than I realized, so this gym was a really, really good idea. Been working everything from head to toe, I'm back and forth right now reading the board and working the legs, then I better haul a load of garbage to the dump. I haven't smoked either, Gunny, and I haven't used that new vape I bought for over a week either. I just don't see inhaling anything as being helpful while working out to get healthy. I hit the treadmill yesterday to get some cardio and did two miles. Felt pretty good on there too. Yeah I'm super glad I have this thing. I'll stick with it. Putting it in the house right here under my nose was the best idea. I should have taken a picture of myself before I started so I could compare it to a year from then. I'm starting to feel pretty dang good, just after a month.We missed our ll-time record by about 1/4 inch. For here, that's a lot of water on a lot of land not suited to absorbing it. Probably about a week's worth of rain for you :laugh:

I managed to mostly miss it working out as far as outside goes. I think I got actually rained out twice maybe. I have a gazelle in the garage if I get hard up enough. The ex bought it for my daughter. I think I'm the only one that's used it :laugh:

Elessar
10-06-2018, 04:25 PM
Pretty bizarre... we've set a record amount of records for rain here in Wisconsin this year. We've had epic flooding. Yesterday it was 84 degrees here, in OCTOBER, and it rained, and then rained last night, hard, and there's rain in the forecast now for the next SEVEN TO TEN DAYS.

I power washed my back patio behind the shop once already this year, and there's already green mold growing on it again, and there's some green in FRONT on the cement drive where the sun shines, where there's NEVER been even a hint of mold before in the 8 years I've lived here.

Heard about some guy that had a sink hole open up underneath his feet, small at first like 3' around, but it kept growing and it got pretty huge. Took the fire department and many others to rescue the guy. I didn't hear exactly where but it had to be around here in my regional area somewhere. I think sink holes are about as scary as anything else, and although Wisconsin is prone to the occasional sink hole, it's not a real problem here, but all this rain is exactly what makes them happen, and we've had epic rain.

I hope all this rain, this wet pattern, doesn't hold over into winter, or we're in for one helluva a lot of snow... FEET.

Scrub off the back deck with bleach, hose it clean, then then roll on
some copper napthenate wood preserver on it. Roll on, NOT spray!

High_Plains_Drifter
10-07-2018, 08:19 AM
We missed our ll-time record by about 1/4 inch. For here, that's a lot of water on a lot of land not suited to absorbing it. Probably about a week's worth of rain for you :laugh:

I managed to mostly miss it working out as far as outside goes. I think I got actually rained out twice maybe. I have a gazelle in the garage if I get hard up enough. The ex bought it for my daughter. I think I'm the only one that's used it :laugh:
Hey, I'm not going to laugh a bit at the Gazelle. As bad a shape as you were in after that stroke, crazy as that machine is it probably helped out quite a bit with getting your legs back under you.

I know I haven't driven the Camaro for over two weeks, because every time I think about a little joy ride or taking it to the store, it's either raining or the roads are all wet, or there's more rain on the way. I just hope this wet pattern isn't an indication of things to come as far as SNOW goes. We've had really light winters for a years now, we're due for a real doozey, when we start measuring snow in FEET, not inches.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-07-2018, 08:27 AM
Scrub off the back deck with bleach, hose it clean, then then roll on
some copper napthenate wood preserver on it. Roll on, NOT spray!
It's cement... and I'll tell ya, you wouldn't touch the dark green/black mold that grows on it by just scrubbing. It's on the north side of the shop so it doesn't get much light, and even though it's got a decent pitch to it so the rain runs off, that dang mold still grows. The power washer with 3,100 psi is the only thing that will touch it.

Elessar
10-07-2018, 09:15 AM
It's cement... and I'll tell ya, you wouldn't touch the dark green/black mold that grows on it by just scrubbing. It's on the north side of the shop so it doesn't get much light, and even though it's got a decent pitch to it so the rain runs off, that dang mold still grows. The power washer with 3,100 psi is the only thing that will touch it.

I presumed it was wood.

In this case, get some granulated chlorine from a swimming pool supply place.
Scrub that on. That is how we treated our pool decks at the training center.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-07-2018, 09:27 AM
I presumed it was wood.

In this case, get some granulated chlorine from a swimming pool supply place.
Scrub that on. That is how we treated our pool decks at the training center.
Now that's a good idea. Yeah anything to inhibit the growth of that mold. I usually only have to power wash it every 2 or 3 years, but with all the rain this year and it being almost constantly wet, I had to power wash it twice.

The chlorine is an excellent idea.

Elessar
10-07-2018, 09:59 AM
Now that's a good idea. Yeah anything to inhibit the growth of that mold. I usually only have to power wash it every 2 or 3 years, but with all the rain this year and it being almost constantly wet, I had to power wash it twice.

The chlorine is an excellent idea.

It will work!

High_Plains_Drifter
10-08-2018, 09:54 AM
Well, the new brake lines kit just came, now I can get that damn Suburban done and out of my shop. It pains me to see my collector GMC sitting outside in all this damn rain. Saw a hint of direct sunlight this morning and for a minute didn't know what it was... :rolleyes:

Might have to buy me a SAD light this winter. (Seasonal Affective Disorder). I hear we'll lose 84 minutes of sunlight in October alone. The lack of sunlight always bums me out.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-14-2018, 10:04 PM
Well it's SNOWING here in Wisconsin. I see other states have gotten some too but, pretty early to be getting snow. I imagine it's a hint of what's to come, and we're going to have one hum dinger of a snowy winter.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-20-2018, 11:28 AM
The wind has been blowing pretty good here for what seems like a week, and blowing hard again today, but right now... it's SNOWING, big flakes, and it's really coming down. October 20th, and it's SNOWING, and this is the SECOND times it's snowed already.

Couple days ago I bought a cab for my John Deere, glad I did now. I'm just thinking we're in for one helluva winter with lots of snow.

Elessar
10-20-2018, 01:26 PM
Well, I sort of miss snow. We rarely see any along the coast, but I always thought
snowscapes were both beautiful and serene (minus the wind). We had lots of them
in West Virginia and inland Oregon, then visiting Mom and Step-Dad and going up
in the Sierras from their place.

I will take snow on the road over sleet, freezing fog, and black ice from
runoff freezing overnight any day!

High_Plains_Drifter
10-20-2018, 07:03 PM
Well, I sort of miss snow. We rarely see any along the coast, but I always thought
snowscapes were both beautiful and serene (minus the wind). We had lots of them
in West Virginia and inland Oregon, then visiting Mom and Step-Dad and going up
in the Sierras from their place.

I will take snow on the road over sleet, freezing fog, and black ice from
runoff freezing overnight any day!
I'll tell ya bro... every year when we get our FIRST snow, I do look at with wonder. It is pretty and cool to see. But when winter gets late and it's snowed and snowed and snowed, I get damn sick of it. But then again, we haven't had a BAD winter for at least 4 years. We've got a snow storm a time of two but it really doesn't amount to much. I really haven't NEEDED to use my snow blower. The snow we've gotten hasn't really been enough to worry about. I could have just driven over it. But damn, when you spend $8,500 on a John Deere tractor, $1,500 on the hydraulic Quick Attach system and $3,000 on the snow blower, you BETTER USE IT to JUSTIFY IT... :laugh:

I had a 32" Ariens Professional walk behind snowblower, made right here in Wisconsin, great machine, worked great but we were getting quite a bit of snow. I put a little cab on it that bolted to the handle bars and that was great, but it did take quite awhile to do my driveway which is about 100'x20' one way and 50'x60' the other, L shape, so I bought the big snowblower for the John Deere, and since then I really haven't needed it.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-20-2018, 07:53 PM
Pinned this to my twitter page so it's the first thing people will see that visit my profile. I have 286 followers so we'll see if we get any new blood...

https://image.ibb.co/d9JOrL/board.jpg
jimnyc

High_Plains_Drifter
10-20-2018, 11:02 PM
FULL MONTE posting again tonight... second time... ;)

High_Plains_Drifter
10-27-2018, 11:59 AM
I hit a new milestone on twitter with 300 followers...

https://image.ibb.co/nrr7iA/TWITTER.jpg

High_Plains_Drifter
12-01-2018, 01:21 PM
aboutime... in my search for a new avatar, I came across this cool Navy emblem. Didn't know if you'd like it or not but, here it is...

https://i.ibb.co/XsgmfdY/US-Navy-1024x1024.jpg

High_Plains_Drifter
01-01-2019, 01:34 PM
Called it quits last night around 10:30 and on the way to the house, noticed the new snow on the Lilac bush under the bright LED yard light and thought it looked cool. Decided to try and take a pic of it and this is how it turned out... taken with the Canon SX280HS digital camera...

https://i.ibb.co/cTjd2CY/IMG-0021.jpg

FakeNewsSux
01-01-2019, 01:43 PM
We were shooting fireworks off at midnight in shorts and tee shirts last night, 67 degrees to bring in the New Year in Atlanta.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-02-2019, 05:52 AM
We were shooting fireworks off at midnight in shorts and tee shirts last night, 67 degrees to bring in the New Year in Atlanta.
I looked all over for my fireworks, and I KNOW I have some, but couldn't find them. That's when you know you have too much STUFF, when you can't FIND things you know you have.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-02-2019, 06:32 AM
Called it quits last night around 10:30 and on the way to the house, noticed the new snow on the Lilac bush under the bright LED yard light and thought it looked cool. Decided to try and take a pic of it and this is how it turned out... taken with the Canon SX280HS digital camera...

https://i.ibb.co/cTjd2CY/IMG-0021.jpg
No snow here but my son Justin, so dearly wants a heavy snow. As such would allow him to stay out of school a few more days.
He returns from Christmas break, morning of the third and rather prefers to stay home, play video games and read my new poems--
while giving me his O' so newly 12 year old, sage advice on them!--:laugh:
Oft even correcting whole verses on the spot... and several times he has been right!! Even has asked his name be included on the poem-:laugh:
To which I reply, son you go write an entire poem , sign it and I will present it with only your name..
He refuses because he does not believe he can do an entire poem- I myself believe he can.. but I'll never push him...
I see he is just a bit too much like his dad methinks... - ;) --Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-02-2019, 06:46 AM
Thanks my friend, your beautiful picture just inspired me to write a new poem this morn, a Haiku..-Tyr

High_Plains_Drifter
01-02-2019, 07:11 AM
Thanks my friend, your beautiful picture just inspired me to write a new poem this morn, a Haiku..-Tyr
I wish I'd have taken a little more time to make adjustments to the camera. I had it on manual and the aperture wide open, ISO at 800, exposure at +1, and I still had to have the shutter speed all the way down to 1/4 second. They say don't hand hold a picture with anything less that 1/250 of a second or it won't be nice and sharp, and this pic isn't all that sharp. I think if I'd have just uped the exposure some more I could have used a faster shutter speed, or even used a faster ISO, but I don't like to shoot at over 800 because then things start to get grainy. Glad I have a little regular Canon camera though, because I tried to take a quick picture with the phone and it was a disaster.

Thanks for the mention, pard, I'm glad you were able to use it for inspiration... :beer:

High_Plains_Drifter
01-02-2019, 06:31 PM
Took the High Country up to the dealer and dropped it off so they could wash it and give it the inside and out paint and interior treatment, and they gave me a brand new 2019, Z71 to drive home. I'll tell ya, this might be a nice truck, but after driving my High Country, I'll take my truck any day of the week and twice on Sunday over this thing...

https://i.ibb.co/Ms2K9pD/20190102-171421.jpg

High_Plains_Drifter
06-14-2019, 09:31 AM
Yep, my mattress is like 9 or 10 years old. It was wonderful when it was new, but now it sags and has lost all support. So I thought I'd try a 3" gel foam mattress pad and that was a huge waste of money. I just got sucked further down into a gel infused memory foam abyss. I could barely roll over. It was just pathetic.

So, with sleep being so important, and there's just no getting around the need for a good mattress, I popped on a new one. But, no more COIL SPRING mattresses. I'm tired of that. I paid $1,400 for the last one and it's shot. This new mattress I decided on has a LIFE TIME WARRANTY, is Made in the USA, is TOP RATED and will be delivered right to my door. I can't wait. My old mattress has been shot for awhile now and is actually painful to sleep on. My back always hurts when I crawl off that thing in the morning. It's like a torture rack. I need to have a nice mattress again, and I did pop for their better one. I am SOOOO looking forward to the arrival of the new mattress, and it should only take days...

https://puffy.com/products/puffy-lux-mattress?variant=6950683541538&utm_source=fomo&utm_medium=notification

High_Plains_Drifter
06-15-2019, 04:12 PM
I HATE my bed. It just SAGS and I HATE it. When I get out of it in the morning my back is killing me. I can't hardly contain my excitement to get the new mattress. I mean, sleep is important, and I've been putting up with my old mattress being a sagging POS for a few years now. I was just putting off buying a new mattress because they're so damn expensive, but ta' hell with it, they ARE important, so just suck it up and dish out the cash. Cool thing is I hit this top rated mattress with a $300 Father's Day Discount. The new one should be here between the 18th and the 21st of next week. I'm on pins and needles...

https://i.ibb.co/Lxsf02d/puffy-lux.jpg

darin
06-18-2019, 06:13 AM
I wish whatever server you used, Tom, wasn't blocked by my work filters, so I could see your images. :(

High_Plains_Drifter
06-18-2019, 03:36 PM
I wish whatever server you used, Tom, wasn't blocked by my work filters, so I could see your images. :(
It's this one... https://imgbb.com/

About the only free image hosting I could find after PhotoBucket started charging. I use the BB Full Code for a link, but there are several other options... maybe one of the other links you could see... IDK... I'll try one, because here's the new mattress. I couldn't believe how tight this thing was rolled up. It was hard. But, after I unfolded and unrolled it and cut the air tight packing, this thing expanded in mere seconds. However, it is 4 layer, and I think maybe some of the layers may have needed more time to expand, because I laid on it soon after I had unrolled it and it was actually kinda soft. Now a few hours later and it feels quite a bit more supportive, and I did NOT want to GET UP. It feels SOOOOO good. I'm going to bed EARLY tonight. My old sagging mattress has needed replacing for a few years now, so yeah, I am excited about the new mattress... LOL. (Yeah I know, I really must be lacking any sort of excitement in my life if I get excited about a mattress... LOL.)

https://i.ibb.co/t3GXt6z/20190618-115556.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/KmQN8Vh/20190618-142706.jpg

Also found a real simple bed frame to build on youtube, and I want to get rid of that ugly old bottom box mattress, it's not needed. I have the entire Kreg Joint set and other assorted tools to build this, and I like the looks of it so, it's in the project que...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxy1cqHT_2c&list=FLRbJjwZLBYeBFP38-SAtJ5Q

darin
06-19-2019, 02:47 AM
It's this one... https://imgbb.com/

About the only free image hosting I could find after PhotoBucket started charging. I use the BB Full Code for a link, but there are several other options... maybe one of the other links you could see... IDK... I'll try one, because here's the new mattress. I couldn't believe how tight this thing was rolled up. It was hard. But, after I unfolded and unrolled it and cut the air tight packing, this thing expanded in mere seconds. However, it is 4 layer, and I think maybe some of the layers may have needed more time to expand, because I laid on it soon after I had unrolled it and it was actually kinda soft. Now a few hours later and it feels quite a bit more supportive, and I did NOT want to GET UP. It feels SOOOOO good. I'm going to bed EARLY tonight. My old sagging mattress has needed replacing for a few years now, so yeah, I am excited about the new mattress... LOL. (Yeah I know, I really must be lacking any sort of excitement in my life if I get excited about a mattress... LOL.)

https://i.ibb.co/t3GXt6z/20190618-115556.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/KmQN8Vh/20190618-142706.jpg

Also found a real simple bed frame to build on youtube, and I want to get rid of that ugly old bottom box mattress, it's not needed. I have the entire Kreg Joint set and other assorted tools to build this, and I like the looks of it so, it's in the project que...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxy1cqHT_2c&list=FLRbJjwZLBYeBFP38-SAtJ5Q

Very cool vid! Thanks!

If you'd consider attaching them as files to the post... :D Here's what I see when I quote your reply:

High_Plains_Drifter
06-19-2019, 11:44 AM
Very cool vid! Thanks!

If you'd consider attaching them as files to the post... :D Here's what I see when I quote your reply:
OK... I uploaded them here. This is the new, #1 rated, Made in USA, Lifetime Warranty, Puffy Lux, (which I assume the Lux is short for Luxury since it's their top model), and I slept pretty darn good last night. They do say it can take up to a month to "break in," and it might, but even so, it was WAY better than the worn out old thing I had been sleeping on. I LOVE this new mattress...

and there we go... the boards software rotates the pictures so they're not right... and there's nothing I can do about it...

darin
06-20-2019, 09:09 AM
WOO! Thank you! Looks great!

Side note: what I love about Germany -

60 minutes, 80 miles traveled, 15 minutes was in-city with stoplights and traffic. 5 miles of 45mph on the freeway for construction, too. :)

High_Plains_Drifter
11-21-2019, 12:40 PM
By the way, that new bed is absolutely the BOMB. When my old mattress that had turned into a HAMMOCK used to kill my back, and just getting out of bed was a painful chore, this new mattress, I sleep like a log and just pop out of bed completely painless.

I never used to like just laying in bed if I wasn't sleeping, but when night comes, which is dang early right now, I hit the bed at 9:30 or 10:00, watch the local news and sometimes something in the DVR, but it's so comfortable that I don't mind at all being in bed and not sleeping now, and when I do get drowsy and it get comfortable to fall asleep, I'm asleep in a heart beat.

Can't over emphasis the importance of a NICE MATTRESS. I love my new bed. Why I didn't do this years ago is beyond me.

https://i.ibb.co/Sn0Zq4h/20190708-133954.jpg (https://ibb.co/Kq78CpM)

revelarts
03-22-2020, 11:39 AM
Just stopping Bye to say hello and to wish everyone and their family's well during these strange days.
may God bless and guide us all.

and um... None of us make it out alive in the end however we go.
So be kind, makes the ride a lot easier.

jimnyc
03-22-2020, 11:49 AM
Just stopping Bye to say hello and to wish everyone and their families well during these strange days.

Same with you, Rev. Take care of yourself and your Fam. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers too. What I've been saying, time to drop all animosity and differences and fight this together. Kindness, sharing, getting information out & so many other positive things is what the entire world needs right now.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-22-2020, 04:21 PM
Just stopping Bye to say hello and to wish everyone and their family's well during these strange days.

Well if you're "sheltering in place" or working from home like so many others, jump in here once and awhile.

Americans used to be able to come together in times of dire straits, I'm not so sure we can do it anymore. I'd like to think we can, but, from the way things have been going the last decade or so, I think our nation is permanently divided so bad that nothing could bring us together.

Abbey Marie
03-23-2020, 02:12 PM

GREAT to see you, Rev. I’ve missed you. I hope you and your family stay safe. Please stop in more and keep us updated.

High_Plains_Drifter
03-30-2020, 07:36 PM
Anybody else that's on facebook had an uptick of spam friend requests?

I have.

fj1200
11-17-2023, 11:07 AM
I like coffee.

Kathianne
11-17-2023, 11:44 AM
I like coffee.
If not for coffee, I would not be able to function. True story.

Gunny
11-17-2023, 12:23 PM
If not for coffee, I would not be able to function. True story.I get up early to ensure I get my fix before the rest of the crew wakes up and gets their heads chewed off :)