PDA

View Full Version : A Marine Confessional

NightTrain
05-23-2018, 10:14 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11425&stc=1

High_Plains_Drifter
05-23-2018, 04:12 PM
Man, what a place to pick for that joke... "dat's way ta' hell up nort, aye." Ya.

I'm glad I can speak "Wisconsin"... :thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZOC1QXTQLk

Gunny
05-23-2018, 04:34 PM
And y'all say WE talk funny :rolleyes:

High_Plains_Drifter
05-23-2018, 05:08 PM
And y'all say WE talk funny :rolleyes:
Hey... I picked up that southern accent real quick when I lived in Tampa. I said "ya'll" all the time.

Gunny
05-23-2018, 05:47 PM
Hey... I picked up that southern accent real quick when I lived in Tampa. I said "ya'll" all the time.Y'all yankees just don't know how bad you sound trying to pull off a Southern accent :laugh:

Heh ... I doubt I'd win any awards with my "Boston drawl" :happy0203:

And I can speak three different dialects of Spanish and couldn't do kathianne's to save my butt :laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
05-23-2018, 06:00 PM
Y'all yankees just don't know how bad you sound trying to pull off a Southern accent :laugh:

Heh ... I doubt I'd win any awards with my "Boston drawl" :happy0203:

And I can speak three different dialects of Spanish and couldn't do kathianne's to save my butt :laugh:
You ain't never HEARD SOUTHERN DRAWL until you heard my AF buddy from Albany, GE. Give me a week to hang around that guy again and you'd think I was BORN in the deep south.

It's just infectious. You live in the south you'll sound them like sooner or later, and after 4 years down south, I SOUNDED LIKE THEM. My parents up here in Wisconsin laughed at my SOUTHERN ACCENT... :cool:

I can still put it on.

Gunny
05-23-2018, 06:54 PM
You ain't never HEARD SOUTHERN DRAWL until you heard my AF buddy from Albany, GE. Give me a week to hang around that guy again and you'd think I was BORN in the deep south.

It's just infectious. You live in the south you'll sound them like sooner or later, and after 4 years down south, I SOUNDED LIKE THEM. My parents up here in Wisconsin laughed at my SOUTHERN ACCENT... :cool:

I can still put it on.My maternal family is from Texas. My paternal family is from NE AL/N GA/N FL. I got a REAL good idea on the accent there. I can do it. It's different than here but I grew up with it as much as a Texas one.

If I get away from the South because I was a military brat, I can also lose the accent. It just comes back whenever I get home.