I'd have helped him.

Gunny
05-23-2018, 11:19 AM
I'd have helped him.Without hesitation.

Elessar
05-23-2018, 11:37 AM
I do not blame him in the least.

I always swore that if someone harmed my boy when he was a wee lad
that I would be willing 'to face hard time' to protect or avenge him.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-23-2018, 11:49 AM
Think of the sheer horrific FRIGHT that poor girl went through, and the mental anguish she'll have for the rest of her life.

If there is such a thing as "honor killing," this father killing those two animals is it.

JakeStarkey
05-23-2018, 12:02 PM
I understand fully why he acted the way he did.

The law is the law. Let's see if the Judge can apply mercy.

hjmick
05-23-2018, 03:38 PM
Army Sgt. Gregory Hayes Beat Daughter’s Rapists to Death-Unproven! (https://www.truthorfiction.com/army-sgt-gregory-hayes-beat-daughters-rapists-death/)

"We couldn’t find anything to verify reports that retired U.S. Army Sgt. Gregory Hayes beat two Syrian refugees to death after he learned that they had raped his 16-year-old daughter...

First, we tried to find any news accounts of Syrian refugees (or refugees of any kind) raping a 16-year-old girl in America, and we couldn’t find any reports. That doesn’t mean it didn’t happen, but we weren’t able to verify that it did outside of the meme.

Second, we tried to track down any records of a retired U.S. Army sergeant named Gregory Hayes. Sadly, the only Sgt. Gregory Hayes that we could track down died in 2009 at the age of 48. A photo of Sgt. Hayes included in the obituary does not match the photo of the man in the meme. So, again, we were unable to verify the only other key detail included in the meme...

Sorry folks...

Gunny
05-23-2018, 03:45 PM
Army Sgt. Gregory Hayes Beat Daughter’s Rapists to Death-Unproven! (https://www.truthorfiction.com/army-sgt-gregory-hayes-beat-daughters-rapists-death/)

"We couldn’t find anything to verify reports that retired U.S. Army Sgt. Gregory Hayes beat two Syrian refugees to death after he learned that they had raped his 16-year-old daughter...

First, we tried to find any news accounts of Syrian refugees (or refugees of any kind) raping a 16-year-old girl in America, and we couldn’t find any reports. That doesn’t mean it didn’t happen, but we weren’t able to verify that it did outside of the meme.

Second, we tried to track down any records of a retired U.S. Army sergeant named Gregory Hayes. Sadly, the only Sgt. Gregory Hayes that we could track down died in 2009 at the age of 48. A photo of Sgt. Hayes included in the obituary does not match the photo of the man in the meme. So, again, we were unable to verify the only other key detail included in the meme...

Sorry folks...Damn the luck. I guess this means ther're two less dead Syrians?:smoke:

High_Plains_Drifter
05-23-2018, 03:48 PM
Hypothetically... I still would have helped him.

Gunny
05-23-2018, 03:53 PM
Hypothetically... I still would have helped him.What concerns me is that's twice today stories that appear legit have been debunked.

I usually use only "mainstream" sources, but crap. Are we going to have to start verifying for ourselves the legitimacy of news sources and every single article?

High_Plains_Drifter
05-23-2018, 04:05 PM
What concerns me is that's twice today stories that appear legit have been debunked.

I usually use only "mainstream" sources, but crap. Are we going to have to start verifying for ourselves the legitimacy of news sources and every single article?
......... :dunno:

hjmick
05-23-2018, 04:08 PM
What concerns me is that's twice today stories that appear legit have been debunked.

I always check stuff like this, just in case I want to pass it on to someone else. I don't want to look any more foolish than I already do...

I tell my wife to check shit before she passes it on as well...

The age old adage applies... kind of... because honestly, this story was just ssad all the way around...

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Damn, that comes off as crass in this situation...

Abbey Marie
05-23-2018, 07:22 PM
I always check stuff like this, just in case I want to pass it on to someone else. I don't want to look any more foolish than I already do...

I tell my wife to check shit before she passes it on as well...

The age old adage applies... kind of... because honestly, this story was just ssad all the way around...

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Damn, that comes off as crass in this situation...

So you're saying I look foolish?

And exactly who was harmed here anyway? This was more of a "what would you do" thread, than a situation where specific facts are key.

aboutime
05-23-2018, 08:23 PM
None of us, no matter how angry, or out of our minds we might get if it happened to any of us personally. We still live in a culture, and society with laws. Unless we are in wartime conditions that are KILL or BE KILLED circumstances for us. IT IS AGAINST ALL LAWS TO MURDER another human being. That is why we have a legal, court system.
If we allow everyone to just take the law into their own hands...because they can.

We all lose. What's to stop that guy who shoots you the finger from his car...from SHOOTING you with a 9mm pistol?
MOB RULE must never become the norm. No matter how much you wish you could just DO IT!

Russ
05-23-2018, 08:25 PM
The point is still valid, which is how would handle a case where someone acted like this? Assuming I knew the two guys had raped the girl, then if I were the judge, I would be lenient. If I were on the jury I would be lenient. If I were the file clerk, I might lose the files.

Gunny
05-23-2018, 08:34 PM
The point is still valid, which is how would handle a case where someone acted like this? Assuming I knew the two guys had raped the girl, then if I were the judge, I would be lenient. If I were on the jury I would be lenient. If I were the file clerk, I might lose the files.Lenient? I'd hang the jury if I couldn't talk them into jury nulification.

I know a lot of states say jury nullification is illegal but what are they going to do if a jury of your peers unanimously finds you not guilty? I also found out mentioning jury nullification to the screening clerk when you get stuck with jury duty usually gets you a raised eyebrow and not chosen and sent home :)

hjmick
05-24-2018, 04:20 PM
So you're saying I look foolish?

And exactly who was harmed here anyway? This was more of a "what would you do" thread, than a situation where specific facts are key.

Oh relax.

Edit:

You know, the last thing on my mind when I posted that was that you looked foolish. It never crossed my mind. You've "known" me long enough that you should know me better than that.