PDA

View Full Version : President Trump Cancels Rocket Man Summit

High_Plains_Drifter
05-24-2018, 11:21 AM
That pie faced little moron just won't learn...

Trump on North Korea, from 'Rocket Man' to 'fire and fury'

Invitation rejected:
Trump announced on May 24 that he has decided to pull out of the June summit with North Korea.

"We were informed that the meeting was requested by North Korea, but that to us is totally irrelevant," Trump said in a letter to Kim. "I was very much looking forward to being there with you. Sadly, based on the tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement, I feel it is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/24/trump-on-north-korea-from-rocket-man-to-fire-and-fury.html

pete311
05-24-2018, 11:56 AM
Maybe it was the Libya comments. No peace prize for Trump. Not so easy.

Black Diamond
05-24-2018, 12:03 PM
Well it was easy for Obama. Just do nothing.

Gunny
05-24-2018, 12:26 PM
That pie faced little moron just won't learn...

Trump on North Korea, from 'Rocket Man' to 'fire and fury'

Invitation rejected:
Trump announced on May 24 that he has decided to pull out of the June summit with North Korea.

"We were informed that the meeting was requested by North Korea, but that to us is totally irrelevant," Trump said in a letter to Kim. "I was very much looking forward to being there with you. Sadly, based on the tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement, I feel it is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/24/trump-on-north-korea-from-rocket-man-to-fire-and-fury.htmlLittle guy basically concedes and offers to make a deal, Trump squeezes his nuts harder, then wants to play victim and wonder why the little guy is angry. Classic.:rolleyes:

I'l tell you EXACTLY what I would do if I was Un, and the writing is on the wall, I just doubt he's sharp enough to see it.

I go to China, Russia, Iran, Turkey, and anyone in the EU or world for that matter that wants a deal and just cut the US out just like Turkey and Russia have done to us in Syria and the EU, Russia and China are doing with Iran. That's just a no-brainer.

NightTrain
05-24-2018, 12:37 PM
Brilliant!

We got the hostages and they blew up their testing site... it remains to be seen if this was to hide evidence, or if the site was even usable, or some such other game.

The Libya comment surely struck fear, prompting that nasty comment about VP Pence - Khadaffi was screwing around trying to play games with WMDs, and a few years later was being dragged through the streets by some very pissed off peasants.

Now if NK wants to return to the table, which they most certainly do and need sanctions lifted fast, they no longer have that site or the hostages to use in negotiations.

What real and tangible items will they bring to the table next time? The financial noose is getting tighter with each passing hour, so they don't have the luxury of time.

And, next time, I suspect Rocket Man will do a much better job at refraining from bellicose rhetoric.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-24-2018, 12:43 PM
Little guy basically concedes and offers to make a deal, Trump squeezes his nuts harder, then wants to play victim and wonder why the little guy is angry. Classic.:rolleyes:

I'l tell you EXACTLY what I would do if I was Un, and the writing is on the wall, I just doubt he's sharp enough to see it.

I go to China, Russia, Iran, Turkey, and anyone in the EU or world for that matter that wants a deal and just cut the US out just like Turkey and Russia have done to us in Syria and the EU, Russia and China are doing with Iran. That's just a no-brainer.
Won't work. If he goes back to shooting off missiles he's right back in hot water with everyone. He either plays with us or he's screwed.

And we're in the middle of cutting deals with China, and China likes their money. I doubt they'd be willing to give up new deals just because pie face wants to start shooting off missiles again pissing off the world. Can't forget Japan, they're a major player in this.

It's posturing... do I think we should have been running military exercises while dealing with this delicate little moron? No. We agree on that. But he can't walk away and think he's in the clear. If that was the case he could have done that to begin with. My bet is another one will be planned at some point.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-24-2018, 12:45 PM
I think that's one of the dumbest comments I've seen you make.

The kenyan got a peace prize because he was the magic negro, so yeah, it is easy. It just depends on whether or not the leftists giving that award out like you or not, and they have reduced it's worth to a cow pie giving it to obama.

Gunny
05-24-2018, 01:17 PM
Won't work. If he goes back to shooting off missiles he's right back in hot water with everyone. He either plays with us or he's screwed.

And we're in the middle of cutting deals with China, and China likes their money. I doubt they'd be willing to give up new deals just because pie face wants to start shooting off missiles again pissing off the world. Can't forget Japan, they're a major player in this.

It's posturing... do I think we should have been running military exercises while dealing with this delicate little moron? No. We agree on that. But he can't walk away and think he's in the clear. If that was the case he could have done that to begin with. My bet is another one will be planned at some point.Yes it would. It would be a brilliant move if he pulled it off too on the part of anyone not wanting to be bullied.

What did Tommy Lee Jones say to the people after he beat the Army scout half to death? "I can't abide bad manners in a man. I won't tolerate it." I'm a US citizen BEFORE any damned party or person. If this nations going to bully and be represented as bullies to the rest of the world, don't count on MY support. I whill not have my name associated with dishonorable behavior. Period.

pete311
05-24-2018, 01:26 PM
Anything Trump does will be viewed as the right move by his supporters. He can do no wrong.

NightTrain
05-24-2018, 01:27 PM
Anything Trump does will be viewed as the right move by his supporters. He can do no wrong.

Poor little fella.

Tissue?

Gunny
05-24-2018, 01:51 PM
Anything Trump does will be viewed as the right move by his supporters. He can do no wrong.I'm aware of that. Bullying is a deal breaker with me. I don't care who is doing it.

pete311
05-24-2018, 02:23 PM
I'm aware of that. Bullying is a deal breaker with me. I don't care who is doing it.

An annoying bird doesn't bully the rhino.

Gunny
05-24-2018, 02:34 PM
An annoying bird doesn't bully the rhino.The rhino has no need to bully the annoying bird to prove he is bigger and stronger and could squash the annoying bird with one step. It's evident to all without a word.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-24-2018, 03:08 PM
Yes it would. It would be a brilliant move if he pulled it off too on the part of anyone not wanting to be bullied.

What did Tommy Lee Jones say to the people after he beat the Army scout half to death? "I can't abide bad manners in a man. I won't tolerate it." I'm a US citizen BEFORE any damned party or person. If this nations going to bully and be represented as bullies to the rest of the world, don't count on MY support. I whill not have my name associated with dishonorable behavior. Period.
Well, we'll just have to agree on one thing and disagree on another.

I don't see those military exercises as REAL BULLYING though. Should we have not held them? I think that would have been a good idea to cancel them, but they were just run of the mill, regularly scheduled exercises, nothing special.

And obviously CODDLING pie face never worked, and a different tactic, showing him we're not fucking around DID. Can't see how you could deny that.

It ain't over yet. I'm sure negotiations will be ongoing. Like I say, I think this is just posturing. Pie face will be back. Balls in his court now.

Gunny
05-24-2018, 04:12 PM
Well, we'll just have to agree on one thing and disagree on another.

I don't see those military exercises as REAL BULLYING though. Should we have not held them? I think that would have been a good idea to cancel them, but they were just run of the mill, regularly scheduled exercises, nothing special.

And obviously CODDLING pie face never worked, and a different tactic, showing him we're not fucking around DID. Can't see how you could deny that.

It ain't over yet. I'm sure negotiations will be ongoing. Like I say, I think this is just posturing. Pie face will be back. Balls in his court now.It wasn't just the exercises. It was the exercises AND verbal antagonizing by Trump and Pompeo.

I never suggested coddling anyone. I suggested using common sense and not antagonizing him. They are not one and the same. I know all the egotistical swollen chest wannabe tough guys out there are spouting off the "we'll show him" shit. Great. Sounds like a HS Senior pushing around 1st grader. My pride runneth over :rolleyes:

I want his ass to the table, and agreement made and a line through his name on the list of shit to do. All the crap going on the world and we're sitting here playing tough guy with the most insignificant one. Brilliant strategy. If our strategy is making the world think we're stupid.

And you don't think Un going around us won't work? Seems to me that's what we thought about Syria and Iran as well. In both cases, we've just been cut out of the deal. Those two hot button issues are FAR more significant than NK and they're being ignored. Trump did nothing about Turkey in Syria but threaten to pull our troops out. He's tried bullying the other countries still in the Iran deal with threats of sanctions and that hasn't worked so far, and without everyone, unilateral sanctions mean little.

IF all those countries make their own deals without us, they're going to realize they don't really need us and they have the power collectively to economically ruin us. Only thing we got going for us is that the Europeans are afraid of the dark or stepping into the unknown and taking a risk on something new.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-24-2018, 04:20 PM
It wasn't just the exercises. It was the exercises AND verbal antagonizing by Trump and Pompeo.

I never suggested coddling anyone. I suggested using common sense and not antagonizing him. They are not one and the same. I know all the egotistical swollen chest wannabe tough guys out there are spouting off the "we'll show him" shit. Great. Sounds like a HS Senior pushing around 1st grader. My pride runneth over :rolleyes:

I want his ass to the table, and agreement made and a line through his name on the list of shit to do. All the crap going on the world and we're sitting here playing tough guy with the most insignificant one. Brilliant strategy. If our strategy is making the world think we're stupid.

And you don't think Un going around us won't work? Seems to me that's what we thought about Syria and Iran as well. In both cases, we've just been cut out of the deal. Those two hot button issues are FAR more significant than NK and they're being ignored. Trump did nothing about Turkey in Syria but threaten to pull our troops out. He's tried bullying the other countries still in the Iran deal with threats of sanctions and that hasn't worked so far, and without everyone, unilateral sanctions mean little.

IF all those countries make their own deals without us, they're going to realize they don't really need us and they have the power collectively to economically ruin us. Only thing we got going for us is that the Europeans are afraid of the dark or stepping into the unknown and taking a risk on something new.

Well... I disagree... no biggie.

gabosaurus
05-24-2018, 04:27 PM
So much for Trump winning the Nobel Peace Prize. :rolleyes:

High_Plains_Drifter
05-24-2018, 04:33 PM
OK Pete.

hjmick
05-24-2018, 04:39 PM

OK Pete.

For the record, I have nothing against pete, truthfully I am rather ambivalent where pete is concerned (nothing personal, pete, you just don't raise my hackles like you do others).

Having said that (which I did so as to not start a "flame war")...

I would be remiss, based on my sense of humor, were I not to reply with...

I'm pretty sure gabosaurus has a bigger dick than pete...

Black Diamond
05-24-2018, 05:01 PM
For the record, I have nothing against pete, truthfully I am rather ambivalent where pete is concerned (nothing personal, pete, you just don't raise my hackles like you do others).

Are you saying Pete has an inny?

Gunny
05-24-2018, 05:07 PM
Y'all are freakin' cruel :slap:

hjmick
05-24-2018, 05:18 PM
Are you saying Pete has an inny?

No... Gabby has an outie... and it's big...

gabosaurus
05-24-2018, 06:49 PM
I am sure that Pete is a bigger dick than any of you. Has is a different point. Not that I want to judge. Lining up a bunch of old peckers is way far down on my list of things to do. Maybe there are volunteers to do such. :cool:

May I invite all of you to eat a dick?

...eat another dick.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-24-2018, 07:31 PM
Lining up a bunch of old peckers is way far down on my list of things to do.
I wonder what would look worse, a line up of old peckers, or a line up of old twats... :rolleyes:

aboutime
05-24-2018, 07:35 PM

This is what gabby dreams about..http://theelephantgraveyard.com/uploads/1281397869/gallery_42_26_12056.jpg

High_Plains_Drifter
05-24-2018, 07:39 PM
This is what gabby dreams about..http://theelephantgraveyard.com/uploads/1281397869/gallery_42_26_12056.jpg
Thanks AT... I just threw up in my mouth... http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/sick/about-to-vomit.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

aboutime
05-24-2018, 07:41 PM
Thanks AT... I just threw up in my mouth... http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/sick/about-to-vomit.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

My apologies. But SIXchances in a row to see how gabby loves a WORD?????:laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
05-25-2018, 08:11 AM
Breaking news this morning that NOKO is still "warm" and "open" to talks, and sent president Trump a letter indicating as such.

Like I've said all along, the off and on, could even be off again and then on, is all just posturing.

I honestly think pie face would like to have all the modern comforts and technology that the rest of the world has, not to mention how much RICHER he could be. It's within his reach, so I don't think this meeting is ever really over. It'll happen.

Gunny
05-25-2018, 08:30 AM
Breaking news this morning that NOKO is still "warm" and "open" to talks, and sent president Trump a letter indicating as such.

Like I've said all along, the off and on, could even be off again and then on, is all just posturing.

I honestly think pie face would like to have all the modern comforts and technology that the rest of the world has, not to mention how much RICHER he could be. It's within his reach, so I don't think this meeting is ever really over. It'll happen.Wouldn't you want all that? I mean, I liked the 60s but there are quite a few modern conveniences I'd hate to give up to re-live them :laugh:

Think about it. NK has not progressed out of the 1950s. You can just look at them and tell. The old Soviet style 50s uniforms. I imagine for the most part the infrastructure hasn't progressed much more than what the military needed. The chanting at the Winter Olympics "we love our dear leader" crap. All that crap is height of the Cold War.

I was born in the 50s but I don't remember it. I CAN remember a lot of things we didn't have in the 60s though. We didn't have AC most places we lived and where we did it was window unit. No microwave. We got a color TV in 1969. Big old console job :laugh: To watch all 3 network channels and whatever couple of locals you could get. The "sound system" was an AM transistor radio. If you were high speed, you got the AM/FM transistor WITH an antenna. The car'd flip you the bird if the weather wasn't perfect. Overheat. Tranny go out. Get knocked out of time. 12 mpg on the highway. You weren't pushing that SOB either because it weighed 2 tons.

No videos. 33 1/3 LPs your'brother'd drag the needle across.

I can see wanting to move past some of that crap :)

High_Plains_Drifter
05-25-2018, 08:34 AM
Wouldn't you want all that? I mean, I liked the 60s but there are quite a few modern conveniences I'd hate to give up to re-live them :laugh:

Think about it. NK has not progressed out of the 1950s. You can just look at them and tell. The old Soviet style 50s uniforms. I imagine for the most part the infrastructure hasn't progressed much more than what the military needed. The chanting at the Winter Olympics "we love our dear leader" crap. All that crap is height of the Cold War.

I was born in the 50s but I don't remember it. I CAN remember a lot of things we didn't have in the 60s though. We didn't have AC most places we lived and where we did it was window unit. No microwave. We got a color TV in 1969. Big old console job :laugh: To watch all 3 network channels and whatever couple of locals you could get. The "sound system" was an AM transistor radio. If you were high speed, you got the AM/FM transistor WITH an antenna. The car'd flip you the bird if the weather wasn't perfect. Overheat. Tranny go out. Get knocked out of time. 12 mpg on the highway. You weren't pushing that SOB either because it weighed 2 tons.

No videos. 33 1/3 LPs your'brother'd drag the needle across.

I can see wanting to move past some of that crap :)
You just described what I remember growing up... :thumb:

Gunny
05-25-2018, 09:04 AM
You just described what I remember growing up... :thumb:Hey, it was good times. I had a blast. And we didn't know we didn't have the crap we do now because Al Gore hadn't invented it yet. :laugh: I din't even know we were poor until I was a teenager. Families did stuff together when they could from the oldest to youngest and everyone in between. When we finally came back from Turkey I'd have sworn I was related to half the residents of New Market, AL. Well, I was :)

Could go to the beach and it was clean and not overcrowded. You could even find a beach with no one else anywhere near you in S FL in the 70s. "Souping up" the 10-speed. :laugh:

Playing football barefoot in shorts and hitting each other harder than NFL players hit today and nobody crying about it. Same with tag team "pro wrestling" in the front yard.

Kids have WAY cooler toys now though. And I'm talking about cars n trucks n stuff, not the electronic BS. That shit is a brain killer for kids, IMO.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-25-2018, 09:13 AM
Hey, it was good times. I had a blast. And we didn't know we didn't have the crap we do now because Al Gore hadn't invented it yet. :laugh: I din't even know we were poor until I was a teenager. Families did stuff together when they could from the oldest to youngest and everyone in between. When we finally came back from Turkey I'd have sworn I was related to half the residents of New Market, AL. Well, I was :)

Could go to the beach and it was clean and not overcrowded. You could even find a beach with no one else anywhere near you in S FL in the 70s. "Souping up" the 10-speed. :laugh:

Playing football barefoot in shorts and hitting each other harder than NFL players hit today and nobody crying about it. Same with tag team "pro wrestling" in the front yard.

Kids have WAY cooler toys now though. And I'm talking about cars n trucks n stuff, not the electronic BS. That shit is a brain killer for kids, IMO.
And that's why us kids back then we're all lean, mean, outdoor machines, we were ACTIVE. We didn't sit in the house on our fat ass playing with a game console or texting our BFF or making some lame video because we're a little attention whore that wants to be a star on youtube or facejoke. Being grounded to the house and not being allowed to go outside was MAJOR punishment. Now it's just the other way around, they'd rather hibernate in their room and being sent outside is the punishment. If kids nowadays had to use their own imagination to entertain themselves, they'd be bored 24/7.

NightTrain
05-25-2018, 10:36 AM
I am sure that Pete is a bigger dick than any of you. Has is a different point. Not that I want to judge. Lining up a bunch of old peckers is way far down on my list of things to do. Maybe there are volunteers to do such. :cool:

May I invite all of you to eat a dick?

...eat another dick.

Ahhh memories! That was from the day after the election.

You people in the Populist wing of the GOP won't accomplish anything without the Conservative wing. Will Trump start implementing part of Shumer's agenda just to spite Cruz, Sasse, Lee, etc.?

Remember when you told me not to troll Nov.8 if Hillary has won? Just sayin..........

How have I been the aggressor? I get attacked every time I post here. For the sole reason of being the dissenting voice on a conservative board.
If you read back, I am not the one throwing out insults. I am willing to overlook aboutime's geripsych attacks. But read the others. You want juvenile? Try Jim and Nightrain's junior high "eat a dick" comments.
Perhaps I am the only one that is on my meds. :cool:

May I invite all 3 of you to eat a dick?

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?57164

That was a fairly good thread, but the Thread of LOL was the one where OCA was freaking out. Hilarity ensued.

NightTrain
05-25-2018, 10:39 AM
gabosaurus

And the next time you doctor one of my quotes, toots, you'll pay the price.

Gunny
05-25-2018, 10:41 AM
And that's why us kids back then we're all lean, mean, outdoor machines, we were ACTIVE. We didn't sit in the house on our fat ass playing with a game console or texting our BFF or making some lame video because we're a little attention whore that wants to be a star on youtube or facejoke. Being grounded to the house and not being allowed to go outside was MAJOR punishment. Now it's just the other way around, they'd rather hibernate in their room and being sent outside is the punishment. If kids nowadays had to use their own imagination to entertain themselves, they'd be bored 24/7.THAT's no shit. Being grounded to your room. Arrrgh!:crying33 A TOTAL violation of the Eighth Amendment against cruel and unusual punishment. How I learned to have an immaculate room? It got inspected every day before I got to go outside. You could eat off the floor in there.

You can't threaten kids with that nowadays. They'll just go play on their phone. Now, you turn their phone off with the parental controls :dev: Talk about meltdown city. I have to admit, my granddaughters will play outside for awhile. But it isn't like they miss it if they can't.

We had to call and check so our parents knew we were still alive :laugh:

jimnyc
05-25-2018, 02:08 PM
gabosaurus

And the next time you doctor one of my quotes, toots, you'll pay the price.

I don't know where or why she did so, can you link to it? Keep in mind, with the back and forth debate about it in the past - we left it where members can alter a quote but they MUST make it abundantly clear for ANYONE reading that they did in fact do so.

jimnyc
05-25-2018, 02:11 PM
gabosaurus , don't be mad because someone did it to you - but they made it clear. If I'm reading the post correctly, you just changed an older quote with no mention of doing so. It must be clear with something like "fixed that for you", or in another manner where guests will know the quote was changed. Shoot a PM to someone on staff if you take issue with that, but I made my stance abundantly clear already.

jimnyc
05-25-2018, 02:16 PM

He didn't fail at getting any peace prize as you liberals gleefully came to point out. He didn't fail, HE canceled. And I, and others, stated from the very get go that all tests must be stopped, all the threats must stop, they must agree to FULLY denuclearize. This wasn't happening and NK ignored folks when repeatedly asked about setting up the meeting.

Trump did the right thing. NK can stop with their threats and agree to fully denuke, as they stated they would previously. And all you give a shit about is messing with supporters. You couldn't care less about any actual foreign issues taking place. I would be willing to bet everything I own that you WISH for him to fail. I am convinced of that. Your far too often 'come running' when called and continued one liners prove it non-stop.

NightTrain
05-25-2018, 02:24 PM
I don't know where or why she did so, can you link to it? Keep in mind, with the back and forth debate about it in the past - we left it where members can alter a quote but they MUST make it abundantly clear for ANYONE reading that they did in fact do so.

I quoted her version and my original. She removed the '3' to make it seem I was inviting the board to eat a dick.

Then I linked to that thread just for good measure.

jimnyc
05-25-2018, 02:26 PM
I quoted her version and my original. She removed the '3' to make it seem I was inviting the board to eat a dick.

Then I linked to that thread just for good measure.

That's the one I thought. She is breaking the rules by doing so, and appropriately warned. She is welcome to contact anyone on staff for clarification if need be.

jimnyc
05-25-2018, 03:12 PM
I think North Korea was in fact surprised and taken back with Trump canceling. I think both sides made mistakes in assuming the other would like to be trash talked. But I think NK kinda walking back on FULL denuclearization & then going awol when folks reached out to further plans is what put the cancellation on for now. Things were gained already without giving anything up. But that counts very little when looking at the long term plans. But if NK wants the boot off their throat, I think it was made clear in what they must do for that to happen - and that they won't get easy concessions just for showing up.

Can it still happen? Sure, but both sides have to play ball. NK has to stop the rhetoric along with Trump. No point in even meeting much if they can't agree to the foundation of any talks. I think it will happen eventually. NK should act now, IMO, while things are still hot, and I do think they can get some concessions faster.

---

North Korean Regime Still Open to Talks – Willing to Talk to US “Anytime”

The Trump administration pulled out of planned June 12th summit with North Korea in Singapore.

President Trump thanked the North Koreans for releasing the US hostages.

President Trump: Some day I look very forward to meeting you. In the meantime, I want to thank you for the release of the hostages who are now home with their families.

This also comes HOURS AFTER North Korea blew up its nuclear testing tunnels.

So Kim Jong Un gave up his US hostages and destroyed his nuclear testing tunnels… And the US gave up nothing.
On Thursday night (Friday morning in Korea) the North Korean government released a statement:
– North Korea is still willing to sit down at “any time”
– The U.S. decision is not in line with the “ideals of mankind” and was unexpected by North Korea considering the preparations

North Korea announced it was still open to talks with the United States.

Rest - http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/05/just-in-north-korean-regime-still-open-to-talks-with-us/

jimnyc
05-25-2018, 03:17 PM
And now I just read this, as of 2 hours ago.

All we really need to see happen, is let Petey and Gabby come running here with smiles to talk about failure - because whenever they do, the opposite happens. :)

We shall see...

----

Trump: North Korea Summit May Be Back On

President Donald Trump on Friday warmly welcomed North Korea's promising response to his abrupt withdrawal from the potentially historic Singapore summit and said "we're talking to them now" about putting it back on track.

"Everybody plays games," said Trump, who often boasts about his own negotiating tactics and skill.

Trump said the summit could still take place on June 12, as originally planned.

The president, commenting as he left the White House for a commencement speech, said it was even possible the summit could take place on the originally planned June 12 date.

"They very much want to do it, we'd like to do it," he said.

Earlier Friday, in a tweet, he had called the North's reaction to his letter canceling the summit "warm and productive." That was far different from his letter Thursday to North Korea leader Kim Jong Un, blaming "tremendous anger and open hostility" by Pyongyang for the U.S. withdrawal.

The tone from both sides was warmer on Friday. First, North Korea issued a statement saying it was still "willing to give the U.S. time and opportunities" to reconsider talks "at any time, at any format."

Vice Foreign Minister Kim Kye Gwan called Trump's withdrawal "unexpected" and "very regrettable," and said the cancellation of the talks showed "how grave the status of historically deep-rooted hostile North Korea-U.S. relations is and how urgently a summit should be realized to improve ties."

Then Trump, in his response to that response, said it was "very good news," and "we will soon see where it will lead, hopefully to long and enduring prosperity and peace. Only time (and talent) will tell!"

The president's surprise exit from the planned talks on Thursday had capped weeks of high-stakes brinkmanship between the two unpredictable leaders over nuclear negotiating terms for their unprecedented sit-down. The U.S. announcement came not long after Kim appeared to make good on his promise to demolish his country's nuclear test site. But it also followed escalating frustration — and newly antagonistic rhetoric — from North Korea over comments from Trump aides about U.S. expectations for the North's "denuclearization."

Rest - https://www.newsmax.com/politics/trump-north-korea-summit-back-on/2018/05/25/id/862421/

gabosaurus
05-25-2018, 03:24 PM
@gabosaurus (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=111) , don't be mad because someone did it to you - but they made it clear. If I'm reading the post correctly, you just changed an older quote with no mention of doing so. It must be clear with something like "fixed that for you", or in another manner where guests will know the quote was changed. Shoot a PM to someone on staff if you take issue with that, but I made my stance abundantly clear already.

I doctored none of it. It was lifted directly from the election night thread. I merely transplanted it into another thread.
Geez, person can hardly make a joke here anymore. :rolleyes:

gabosaurus
05-25-2018, 03:28 PM
And now I just read this, as of 2 hours ago.

All we really need to see happen, is let Petey and Gabby come running here with smiles to talk about failure - because whenever they do, the opposite happens. :)

We shall see...

Is anyone not worried about Trump's state of mind? The unstable dictator of a country with nuclear weapons is hardly someone you want to mess around with.
In a way, Kim is just like Trump. He can be calm and mild mannered for a while. But eventually he will wake up in a bad mood and decide poke someone with a stick. Trump uses twitter. Kim uses his state controlled media.

jimnyc
05-25-2018, 03:45 PM
I doctored none of it. It was lifted directly from the election night thread. I merely transplanted it into another thread.

You didn't alter it at all? Then explain why the quotes are different? :rolleyes:

jimnyc
05-25-2018, 03:46 PM
Is anyone not worried about Trump's state of mind? The unstable dictator of a country with nuclear weapons is hardly someone you want to mess around with.
In a way, Kim is just like Trump. He can be calm and mild mannered for a while. But eventually he will wake up in a bad mood and decide poke someone with a stick. Trump uses twitter. Kim uses his state controlled media.

Not in the slightest bit. We have more accomplished in 2 years than we did in the last 8 put together. And this plan will go along just fine in the long run, and we won't need to lie to the American people, and drop off ransom money.

NightTrain
05-25-2018, 05:06 PM

It's all in black & white, dumbass. You deleted the 3 in the middle of the sentence.

How stupid do you have to be to lie about it when it's all right there?

Gunny
05-25-2018, 05:37 PM
If all Trump is going to do is bully the little twit into the ground he can look for a replacement vote in 2020. And he doesn't have any to spare. I won't vote for a person that behaves like that with weaker people. Not going to happen.

Trump's decision was diplomatically stupid. What's he going to do if Un says FU? Invade? No. He ain't going to nothing but bluster and threaten and look like a paper tiger to the rest of world. He'll turn the whole world against the US if he attacks MK.

aboutime
05-25-2018, 07:24 PM
Intentionally Omitting part of any statement, fact, or document is par for the DNC course. Probably their most used, and abused method of lying. Omission is the same as lying gabby.

And YOU SUCK AT IT.

jimnyc
05-25-2018, 07:39 PM
It's all in black & white, dumbass. You deleted the 3 in the middle of the sentence.

How stupid do you have to be to lie about it when it's all right there?

Yup, proven liar, time and time again. :rolleyes:

As for NK, they came whimpering back now claiming that they are ready to talk at any time that US wants to. Kim thought he would play hardball, but was called out and failed. They both called one another out and failed, but NK how a helluva lot more to lose, and I have no doubt that Trump know what he is doing.

The North Koreans have been playing this little game forever, and Trump told him outright that he isn't playing games and game over unless they came right, in which they did within a few days. They can't survive financially as they are, and need the concessions and other sanctions lifted. This doesn't mean they will give in and be a new country by tomorrow, but they know that if they want what is offered - the list is clearly there of what they need to do, no wiggle room, at least I hope not. And if they continue with the same date, or make another date - if NK continues to threaten, or proclaim they will not denuke fully, then I would walk away once again. No being taken for a fool. Make it so that they have to earn it, and that if they fall back to their old ways, that sanctions and other things can be dropped around their throats rather quickly.

He's not going to give anything up. He won't give up any type of control in NK. But he knows they cannot survive without money. So they need to denuke, stop threats & stop any and all tests. And if me? Ensure their nukes are done with before any concessions. Ensure that investigators can always be around for inspections and to monitor their various programs. They don't have to give in necessarily to a larger power - just work together and get what one another wants.

Gunny
05-25-2018, 08:58 PM
Yup, proven liar, time and time again. :rolleyes:

As for NK, they came whimpering back now claiming that they are ready to talk at any time that US wants to. Kim thought he would play hardball, but was called out and failed. They both called one another out and failed, but NK how a helluva lot more to lose, and I have no doubt that Trump know what he is doing.

The North Koreans have been playing this little game forever, and Trump told him outright that he isn't playing games and game over unless they came right, in which they did within a few days. They can't survive financially as they are, and need the concessions and other sanctions lifted. This doesn't mean they will give in and be a new country by tomorrow, but they know that if they want what is offered - the list is clearly there of what they need to do, no wiggle room, at least I hope not. And if they continue with the same date, or make another date - if NK continues to threaten, or proclaim they will not denuke fully, then I would walk away once again. No being taken for a fool. Make it so that they have to earn it, and that if they fall back to their old ways, that sanctions and other things can be dropped around their throats rather quickly.

He's not going to give anything up. He won't give up any type of control in NK. But he knows they cannot survive without money. So they need to denuke, stop threats & stop any and all tests. And if me? Ensure their nukes are done with before any concessions. Ensure that investigators can always be around for inspections and to monitor their various programs. They don't have to give in necessarily to a larger power - just work together and get what one another wants.Trump s bullying the little idiot. He doesn't have to. A REAL man who has a set doesn't have to beat down further someone he's already beat down. All he's proving is he can beat a fallen fighter. Doesn't take much of man to do that.

Yep. It's gone on for decades. He was an inch away from a meeting and a possible deal and he had to flex his muscles in Un's face. Stupid. He could have ended this shit finally and hs petty ass little ego had to fuck it all up.

Ain't the first time I've seen this little scenario and probably not the last. I despise bullies with every fiber of my being. They're not men. They're insecure little boys that pick on smaller and weaker people because it's all they can handle.

jimnyc
05-25-2018, 09:13 PM
Trump s bullying the little idiot. He doesn't have to. A REAL man who has a set doesn't have to beat down further someone he's already beat down. All he's proving is he can beat a fallen fighter. Doesn't take much of man to do that.

Yep. It's gone on for decades. He was an inch away from a meeting and a possible deal and he had to flex his muscles in Un's face. Stupid. He could have ended this shit finally and hs petty ass little ego had to fuck it all up.

Ain't the first time I've seen this little scenario and probably not the last. I despise bullies with every fiber of my being. They're not men. They're insecure little boys that pick on smaller and weaker people because it's all they can handle.

He'll still have the meeting. The American's have been returned and a lot of damage has already been done to their nuclear facility, but a LONG way to go.

So Trump canceled, because of Kim's words and that of some of his men, and more so due to the fact that they went AWOL when being contacted about setting up the preliminary crap. So Trump pulled back, and now Kim sees he is serious, and doesn't want to see his only chance go up in flames. I don't think Trump wants to either, so he better not push him too far. But again, if they want to play the rhetoric game after agreeing to FULLY denuke, then the meeting would be useless. They BOTH need to be diplomatic and meet in person and see what they can do. But NO $$ or any concessions for them, not until they meet some serious criteria.

The meeting might still take place as planned, perhaps it will now be later. But both sides need to calm down about it. And Un needs to fully understand who easily has the upper hand here - even if we do want to see peace as much as anyone else. If they want to finally see the boots off the throat, they have little to no choice but to follow a certain route and meet certain demands. That doesn't mean others should have carte blanche to abuse them - but this is NK we're talking about, henchmen in office.

Gunny
05-25-2018, 09:38 PM
He'll still have the meeting. The American's have been returned and a lot of damage has already been done to their nuclear facility, but a LONG way to go.

So Trump canceled, because of Kim's words and that of some of his men, and more so due to the fact that they went AWOL when being contacted about setting up the preliminary crap. So Trump pulled back, and now Kim sees he is serious, and doesn't want to see his only chance go up in flames. I don't think Trump wants to either, so he better not push him too far. But again, if they want to play the rhetoric game after agreeing to FULLY denuke, then the meeting would be useless. They BOTH need to be diplomatic and meet in person and see what they can do. But NO $$ or any concessions for them, not until they meet some serious criteria.

The meeting might still take place as planned, perhaps it will now be later. But both sides need to calm down about it. And Un needs to fully understand who easily has the upper hand here - even if we do want to see peace as much as anyone else. If they want to finally see the boots off the throat, they have little to no choice but to follow a certain route and meet certain demands. That doesn't mean others should have carte blanche to abuse them - but this is NK we're talking about, henchmen in office.If I was Trump I'd have told Trump to go fuck himself and give me call when grows up.

aboutime
05-25-2018, 09:42 PM
Trump s bullying the little idiot. He doesn't have to. A REAL man who has a set doesn't have to beat down further someone he's already beat down. All he's proving is he can beat a fallen fighter. Doesn't take much of man to do that.

You calling Trump a Bully...IMO, is rather comical, in many ways. You should go back and read many of your posts here on DP, where you brag about kicking ass, almost all the time.
Seriously though. If you see Trump as being a Bully against the Little Rocket Man. Then NOTHING Trump says will ever make you satisfied. By the way. We all despise REAL bullies, and you must be talking about another kind of scenario....since Trump hasn't backed down on anything since he was elected. JUST MY OPINION...based on facts.

jimnyc
05-25-2018, 09:42 PM
If I was Trump I'd have told Trump to go fuck himself and give me call when grows up.

They both likely think the same thing. And while the USA has a lot to lose and gain from all of this, NK is the one in desperation mode and has their citizens frying up some local eggs and grass. :(

Gunny
05-25-2018, 09:47 PM
They both likely think the same thing. And while the USA has a lot to lose and gain from all of this, NK is the one in desperation mode and has their citizens frying up some local eggs and grass. :(He's not as desperate as you would like to believe. Last time we crossed the line in Korea we wound up with the Chines Army almost running our asses into the sea. China's not going to let us move in next door.

And that's only way the US can beat NK is to invade and occupy. Trump knows it and so does Un. He needs to get his ego in check and pull his little e-balls back in and deal with this fucker because he's still going to have to deal with the shit he stirred up in the Middle East because he just had to move a building he KNEW was going to piss people off and a lot of people died because of it.

jimnyc
05-25-2018, 10:02 PM
He's not as desperate as you would like to believe. Last time we crossed the line in Korea we wound up with the Chines Army almost running our asses into the sea. China's not going to let us move in next door.

And that's only way the US can beat NK is to invade and occupy. Trump knows it and so does Un. He needs to get his ego in check and pull his little e-balls back in and deal with this fucker because he's still going to have to deal with the shit he stirred up in the Middle East because he just had to move a building he KNEW was going to piss people off and a lot of people died because of it.

Quite frankly, I'd be just as happy going back to status quo, and keep putting the boot harder and harder on their throats. They very well may be able to go on forever via black market dealing and what not - but their country WILL suffer, even if Kim capitalizes himself. We have the Americans back, and at least one of their major nuke testing plants is all but destroyed. Nothing amazing, but not a bad deal for nothing. Time well tell. I think everyone involved still wants to work something out.

Black Diamond
05-25-2018, 10:03 PM
Quite frankly, I'd be just as happy going back to status quo, and keep putting the boot harder and harder on their throats. They very well may be able to go on forever via black market dealing and what not - but their country WILL suffer, even if Kim capitalizes himself. We have the Americans back, and at least one of their major nuke testing plants is all but destroyed. Nothing amazing, but not a bad deal for nothing. Time well tell. I think everyone involved still wants to work something out.
Yeah I don't think this process is over.

Gunny
05-25-2018, 10:16 PM
Quite frankly, I'd be just as happy going back to status quo, and keep putting the boot harder and harder on their throats. They very well may be able to go on forever via black market dealing and what not - but their country WILL suffer, even if Kim capitalizes himself. We have the Americans back, and at least one of their major nuke testing plants is all but destroyed. Nothing amazing, but not a bad deal for nothing. Time well tell. I think everyone involved still wants to work something out.I suspect that testing facility was jacked already. I posted an entire article on his test facility and the monitoring of testing and how and what the inspectors would have to do on here somewhere a week or so ago, Probably in Current Events/International News since it's NK.

NK is a pain in the ass that has to be dealt with. The ME is WAY greater problem with a lot of big boys in the game. Make a deal with the pimple on our ass and pay attention to where the REAL war is brewing. And STOP pissing everybody off to include our own damned allies. I don't know what it takes to get through sometimes.

We cannot take on the entire World. We do not have the manpower nor the ability. If we end up in a war with Russia, Turkey and Iran, which will naturally include Syria and it's looking like probably Iraq. We'll need more allies than Israel to just hold our own. The whole situations is being ignored but for some shit-talking here and there, and of course stepping on Palestine's dick and wondering why they're pissed.

Gunny
05-25-2018, 11:03 PM
The worm. He knows everything. He was going to visit NK and bring peace on earth. In fact, when the original meetings were announced, he took credit for it.

He wears/wore make-up, earrings, nose rings, tattoos everywhere, used to wear a wedding dress often - and when not, he would often dress in drag.

The man definitely isn't wrapped tight enough to hold the entire sandwich together.

At any rate, I trust Trump, Pompeo and company much more than I do this knucklehead.

In NK, time is due for change. Even the talk of getting together with an American leader is unheard of prior. I'm not sure if NK is serious, or just wants to get relief. If serious, a deal can be found/had here.

I ain't getting involved in any other disputes.
Didn't it turn out Rodman didn't have quite the pull he claimed? I seem to recall him mealy-mouthing something but I'm about as interested in listening to him as I am watching weeds grow,

gabosaurus
05-26-2018, 10:21 AM
Better watch it Gunny. When Nanook of the North speaks, you are supposed to listen. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
05-26-2018, 11:22 AM
Better watch it Gunny. When Nanook of the North speaks, you are supposed to listen. :rolleyes:

How about you stay the fuck out of their business? I think they are old enough to handle themselves. And if you continue to disrespect NT as you've been doing, you'll be taking the vacation that you always say you couldn't care less about. And the very same applies to Gunny, or anyone else on staff for that fact. So stop with getting involved in staff issues and STFU already. If you have a concern, shoot a staff member a PM.

Gunny
05-26-2018, 11:44 AM
How about you stay the fuck out of their business? I think they are old enough to handle themselves. And if you continue to disrespect NT as you've been doing, you'll be taking the vacation that you always say you couldn't care less about. And the very same applies to Gunny, or anyone else on staff for that fact. So stop with getting involved in staff issues and STFU already. If you have a concern, shoot a staff member a PM.I hate laptops. The delete stuff because they feel like it.

I have no issue with anyone except defending myself. I would prefer any staff matters concerning me be kept in the staff forum or PM. I don't put our business out here and I don't want mine out here.

Now about Rodman ... what many don't remember is between Detroit and Chicag he spent a couple years here in SA. It was before Duncan so mid-late 90s? I was stil on active duty so I didn't get to watch a lot of basketball.

The Spurs were in the Western Conference Finals and had a good shot at going to Finals (it would have been their first time) and that idiot Rodman no-showed games 3-5 and they got knocked out. David Robinson couldn't carry a team. They listed him as center but he actually made a better forward and he only did well with another big man man in the middle.

Anyway, that crackpot Rodman ain't exactly on my "favorites" list.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-26-2018, 11:48 AM
We kissed the little pie faced fuckers ass and coddled him and his daddy for decades, Gunny, and what did it get us? Nothing.

The only reason we got where we're at with NOKO is because of a little well deserved bullying. Seems that's all they understand.

I understand you don't like president Trump, but it takes two to tango. The only reason Trump was being so hard on them is because they were being assholes themselves. Fight fire with fire. Pie face wants to act like he can take on the world, shove it right back in his face that he can't.

And I'm sure we've assured China that we have no interest in being "on their back door." If they truly thought we would they wouldn't have been on board with this deal as they have already. They also know that shortening pie face's leash will benefit them. This isn't about war, it's about money, and I think you're selling the power of America short when it comes to the influence we have on the world economy, or any one nation.

Gunny
05-26-2018, 11:53 AM
We kissed the little pie faced fuckers ass and coddled him and his daddy for decades, Gunny, and what did it get us? Nothing.

The only reason we got where we're at with NOKO is because of a little well deserved bullying. Seems that's all they understand.

I understand you don't like president Trump, but it takes two to tango. The only reason Trump was being so hard on them is because they were being assholes themselves. Fight fire with fire. Pie face wants to act like he can take on the world, shove it right back in his face that he can't.

And I'm sure we've assured China that we have no interest in being "on their back door." If they truly thought we would they wouldn't have been on board with this deal as they have already. They also know that shortening pie face's leash will benefit them. This isn't about war, it's about money, and I think you're selling the power of America short when it comes to the influence we have on the world economy, or any one nation.What is running him away from the negotiating table going to get us? Nothing.

I had no problem with shoving it in his face when he was doing the same. When he switched gears it was time for us to the same. What's more important? Shoving him around to prve how tough we are or possibly getting the deal we want? I say the latter. The latter serves ouyr and the World's purpose. The former serves only egos.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-26-2018, 11:56 AM
What is running him away from the negotiating table going to get us? Nothing.

I had no problem with shoving it in his face when he was doing the same. When he switched gears it was time for us to the same. What's more important? Shoving him around to prve how tough we are or possibly getting the deal we want? I say the latter. The latter serves ouyr and the World's purpose. The former serves only egos.
And I agree with that.

Black Diamond
05-26-2018, 12:57 PM
What is running him away from the negotiating table going to get us? Nothing.

You're assuming this process is finished.

Gunny
05-26-2018, 01:05 PM
You're assuming this process is finished.Incorrect. My stated opinion is I don't agree with nor like the way the process is being handled. EVEN IF Un drives up in one of his 1955 2 ton trucks and surrenders all his nuclear material and missiles tomorrow, great, and I STILL will disagree with how it has been handled diplomatically so far.

At this point we're just back in limbo, playing wait-n-see. I don't see that it's anything for anyone to take personally and/or get bent out of shape about. I probably don't have the same hairstyle as most of you either ...:)

Black Diamond
05-26-2018, 01:08 PM
Incorrect. My stated opinion is I don't agree with nor like the way the process is being handled. EVEN IF Un drives up in one of his 1955 2 ton trucks and surrenders all his nuclear material and missiles tomorrow, great, and I STILL will disagree with how it has been handled diplomatically so far.

At this point we're just back in limbo, playing wait-n-see. I don't see that it's anything for anyone to take personally and/or get bent out of shape about. I probably don't have the same hairstyle as most of you either ...:)
I'm not bent. I like this stuff. Conversation gets cut off with real life crap and then I have no idea where the post I wanted to respond to is or if it's buried in a pissing contest. :laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
05-26-2018, 01:11 PM
I'm not bent. I like this stuff. Conversation gets cut off with real life crap and then I have no idea where the post I wanted to respond to is or if it's buried in a pissing contest. :laugh:
I'm good at pissing contests. Just fill up on Pabst and go for the win... :thumb:

Gunny
05-26-2018, 01:20 PM
I'm not bent. I like this stuff. Conversation gets cut off with real life crap and then I have no idea where the post I wanted to respond to is or if it's buried in a pissing contest. :laugh:I hear ya. Sybil and Denise the Menace keep me hopping at times. If it gets knocked out of the ones visible in most recent I might not find it again for weeks:laugh:

And to respond to High plains drifter: I don't like pissing contests. They go nowhere and create bad blood. Especially when certain types of personalities clash. I got over thinking I was ever going to win one or make a point a long time ago, so I see no purpose to them and have no interest in them. Nobody's going to change their minds.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-26-2018, 01:31 PM
I hear ya. Sybil and Denise the Menace keep me hopping at times. If it gets knocked out of the ones visible in most recent I might not find it again for weeks:laugh:

And to respond to High plains drifter: I don't like pissing contests. They go nowhere and create bad blood. Especially when certain types of personalities clash. I got over thinking I was ever going to win one or make a point a long time ago, so I see no purpose to them and have no interest in them. Nobody's going to change their minds.
You certainly have to know which battles are worth fighting and which aren't.

When I believe I'm right, I usually won't quit, and that pertains to life, not just here on this board.

Gunny
05-26-2018, 01:59 PM
You certainly have to know which battles are worth fighting and which aren't.

When I believe I'm right, I usually won't quit, and that pertains to life, not just here on this board.I won't quit and I don't lose. I'll do my damnedest to avoid it first. That's my issue with this NK thing. If we kick his ass we kick his ass. That is LAST option and it means only does Un fail, but so do we. Most importantly, people die. And once they're dead they're gone. There is no reset button on your gameboy for THAT.

Armchair warriors and their bloodlust annoy the shit out of me. Go fight a war. THEN come back and tell me how "glorious" it was and what a tough guy you feel like. You've seen me suggest war as means to an end but you have NEVER seen me act like I like it.

And I REALLY don't like the way we're being painted as the aggressor and THAT is ALL based on posturing. Global public opinion DOES matter.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-26-2018, 02:10 PM
I won't quit and I don't lose. I'll do my damnedest to avoid it first. That's my issue with this NK thing. If we kick his ass we kick his ass. That is LAST option and it means only does Un fail, but so do we. Most importantly, people die. And once they're dead they're gone. There is no reset button on your gameboy for THAT.

Armchair warriors and their bloodlust annoy the shit out of me. Go fight a war. THEN come back and tell me how "glorious" it was and what a tough guy you feel like. You've seen me suggest war as means to an end but you have NEVER seen me act like I like it.

And I REALLY don't like the way we're being painted as the aggressor and THAT is ALL based on posturing. Global public opinion DOES matter.
That's why I would probably avoid having a knock down, drag out debate with you on here, even if I thought I was right. I think you're a stand up guy and I value being your virtual friend on here more than fighting something out with you, because neither of us would quit. I think not quitting is a good quality, but it doesn't trump friendship.

That's why I have a couple GOOD friends that are died in the wool democrats, voted for the magic negro both times, but they're older and old school democrats, they still love America, but I honestly don't think either are all that bright for voting for obama, they just voted the way they've always voted, and their parents voted, and probably their grandparents as well, democrat, so I just stay away from talking politics with them as much as I can. They know I'm a hard core conservative though, and they still like me. Funny neither of them are veterans.

Black Diamond
05-26-2018, 02:15 PM
That's why I would probably avoid having a knock down, drag out debate with you on here, even if I thought I was right. I think you're a stand up guy and I value being your virtual friend on here more than fighting something out with you, because neither of us would quit. I think not quitting is a good quality, but it doesn't trump friendship.

That's why I have a couple GOOD friends that are died in the wool democrats, voted for the magic negro both times, but they're older and old school democrats, they still love America, but I honestly don't think either are all that bright for voting for obama, they just voted the way they've always voted, and their parents voted, and probably their grandparents as well, democrat, so I just stay away from talking politics with them as much as I can. They know I'm a hard core conservative though, and they still like me. Funny neither of them are veterans.
That's difficult these days for me. Not in here but in real life. "Friends " get on Facebook posting pictures of "fuck trump" with a comment "mr president welcome to Atlanta." And I left it alone cause I don't wanna be "that guy" but it would have been healthier for me rip into the bullshit. And this guy voted for supercoon five times.

Gunny
05-26-2018, 02:28 PM

That's why I have a couple GOOD friends that are died in the wool democrats, voted for the magic negro both times, but they're older and old school democrats, they still love America, but I honestly don't think either are all that bright for voting for obama, they just voted the way they've always voted, and their parents voted, and probably their grandparents as well, democrat, so I just stay away from talking politics with them as much as I can. They know I'm a hard core conservative though, and they still like me. Funny neither of them are veterans.Some people don't see it that way. To them, you are who you voted for, and friendship is tied to the vote.

I'd have to disown 2/3s of my family to include my mother. She and a few nieces are as screwy left as it gets and I laid down the law a LONG time ago. Don't bring up politics to me and I won't bring them up to you.

Gunny
05-26-2018, 02:36 PM
That's difficult these days for me. Not in here but in real life. "Friends " get on Facebook posting pictures of "fuck trump" with a comment "mr president welcome to Atlanta." And I left it alone cause I don't wanna be "that guy" but it would have been healthier for me rip into the bullshit. And this guy voted for supercoon five times.Thing is ... and don't shoot the messenger ... The over-the-top Trump supporters are just as bad. I see some of them behaving just like the Trump haters only to them it's somehow different.

I think that in all fairness to discussion, the President of the US is as subject to scrutiny by every voting citizen and when he jacks up he should be called on it just the same as giving him kudos when he does something good. Believe it or not I was the same way with Bush, only it didn't seem to piss Republicans the same as it does when it's Trump. It's like Obama broke something inside them.

Nobody would rather run over Obama in a crosswalk than me. I tried giving him the benefit of doubt and that didn't last long at all. He started f-ing up and trampling the Constitution early and often. I have nothing good to say about him and if he choked to death on a sammich this minute all I got say is "couldn't happen to a more deserving guy".

It is however, intellectually dishonest and unfair to pretend a screw up didn't or isn't happening just because it's "your boy" and THAT goes for BOTH sides of the aisle.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-26-2018, 03:00 PM
That's difficult these days for me. Not in here but in real life. "Friends " get on Facebook posting pictures of "fuck trump" with a comment "mr president welcome to Atlanta." And I left it alone cause I don't wanna be "that guy" but it would have been healthier for me rip into the bullshit. And this guy voted for supercoon five times.
And the thing is, usually these leftists don't have any compunction about leaving their democrat bull shit comments. A stark difference between conservatives and liberals. That's one of the major reasons I've always enjoyed message boards, because I can come here and let lose when I see the leftist bull shit.

Thank God for board owners like Jim that allow it. It gives us conservatives a voice that the liberals can't SHUT UP, and I know they HATE THAT.

Black Diamond
05-26-2018, 03:03 PM
Thing is ... and don't shoot the messenger ... The over-the-top Trump supporters are just as bad. I see some of them behaving just like the Trump haters only to them it's somehow different.

I think that in all fairness to discussion, the President of the US is as subject to scrutiny by every voting citizen and when he jacks up he should be called on it just the same as giving him kudos when he does something good. Believe it or not I was the same way with Bush, only it didn't seem to piss Republicans the same as it does when it's Trump. It's like Obama broke something inside them.

Nobody would rather run over Obama in a crosswalk than me. I tried giving him the benefit of doubt and that didn't last long at all. He started f-ing up and trampling the Constitution early and often. I have nothing good to say about him and if he choked to death on a sammich this minute all I got say is "couldn't happen to a more deserving guy".

It is however, intellectually dishonest and unfair to pretend a screw up didn't or isn't happening just because it's "your boy" and THAT goes for BOTH sides of the aisle.
I don't remember this kind of distaste on Facebook when Obama was president. Most respected the office and weren't obnoxious to their "friends" on Facebook who might not like it. It's a different forum than dp or usmb.

Then my wife's cousins daughter had some disease she had something like a 20 percent chance of surviving. Family and friends were on their faces in prayer for weeks. Holding their breaths every minute with every update. Well she pulled through. The husband, knowing many friends on Facebook were praying were trump supporters, right after the girl improves... Some comment on Facebook if you voted for trump go fuck your self.

It's like yeah you're welcome for the prayers. Had to keep quiet then too.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-26-2018, 03:05 PM
Thing is ... and don't shoot the messenger ... The over-the-top Trump supporters are just as bad. I see some of them behaving just like the Trump haters only to them it's somehow different.

Yeah BUT... we as conservatives DO call out our people that fuck up.

You ever see a DEMOCRAT do that? Not only no but FUCK NO. They circle the wagons and protect and lie about "their guy" tooth and nail. I give the democrats props for that to a degree. If their guy doesn't deserve the criticism, fine, they're in the right, but they do it AAAAALLL the time, even with their trash that doesn't deserve it.

With that in mind, that is also one of the reasons I hate democrats. They're dishonest and corrupt. I don't see many conservatives that fit into that camp.

Gunny
05-26-2018, 03:20 PM
And the thing is, usually these leftists don't have any compunction about leaving their democrat bull shit comments. A stark difference between conservatives and liberals. That's one of the major reasons I've always enjoyed message boards, because I can come here and let lose when I see the leftist bull shit.

Thank God for board owners like Jim that allow it. It gives us conservatives a voice that the liberals can't SHUT UP, and that I know they HATE THAT.At the rist of making some-or-anyone feel left out, I don't remember who doesn't like me from one minute to the next once I log out. You want to see some REAL hate? We can go log in at USMB and let them know I'm on the leftwingnuts will start melting like butter in a hot iron skillet:laugh:

I reached a point where beating on lefties or trying to talk some sense into them just wasn't worth the effort. I just see them as a source of amusement now. Wasn't that way the first message board I was on. It was a lefty board, and European to boot. We actually discussed issues and everyone on the board except for the ONE, token foul-mouthed troll could debate. I actually learned a lot on that board in the "know your enemy" department because they were making actual arguments against mine instead of just immediately flaming and deflecting like they do now.

Gunny
05-26-2018, 03:23 PM
I don't remember this kind of distaste on Facebook when Obama was president. Most respected the office and weren't obnoxious to their "friends" on Facebook who might not like it. It's a different forum than dp or usmb.

Then my wife's cousins daughter had some disease she had something like a 20 percent chance of surviving. Family and friends were on their faces in prayer for weeks. Holding their breaths every minute with every update. Well she pulled through. The husband, knowing many friends on Facebook were praying were trump supporters, right after the girl improves... Some comment on Facebook if you voted for trump go fuck your self.

It's like yeah you're welcome for the prayers. Had to keep quiet then too.There's a reason we're called conservatives. We're conservative :)

Gunny
05-26-2018, 03:28 PM
Yeah BUT... we as conservatives DO call out our people that fuck up.

You ever see a DEMOCRAT do that? Not only no but FUCK NO. They circle the wagons and protect and lie about "their guy" tooth and nail. I give the democrats props for that to a degree. If their guy doesn't deserve the criticism, fine, they're in the right, but they do it AAAAALLL the time, even with their trash that doesn't deserve it.

With that in mind, that is also one of the reasons I hate democrats. They're dishonest and corrupt. I don't see many conservatives that fit into that camp."We as conservatives ..." that would be part of my point. The lefties DON'T admint to any wrong doing. Too often now I see the same thing from the right. It didn't used to be that way.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-26-2018, 03:34 PM
At the rist of making some-or-anyone feel left out, I don't remember who doesn't like me from one minute to the next once I log out. You want to see some REAL hate? We can go log in at USMB and let them know I'm on the leftwingnuts will start melting like butter in a hot iron skillet:laugh:

I reached a point where beating on lefties or trying to talk some sense into them just wasn't worth the effort. I just see them as a source of amusement now. Wasn't that way the first message board I was on. It was a lefty board, and European to boot. We actually discussed issues and everyone on the board except for the ONE, token foul-mouthed troll could debate. I actually learned a lot on that board in the "know your enemy" department because they were making actual arguments against mine instead of just immediately flaming and deflecting like they do now.
I'll tell ya, I can go on there and hop into some thread where the leftards are having a melt down, and within a couple comments they QUIT, they leave the thread... :laugh:

Doesn't happen all the time but often enough. Just ask Jakey.

Gunny
05-26-2018, 03:38 PM
I'll tell ya, I can go on there and hop into some thread where the leftards are having a melt down, and within a couple comments they QUIT, they leave the thread... :laugh:

Doesn't happen all the time but often enough. Just ask Jakey.All I have to do is find jillian. The fire bell will ring, someone will pop smoke and shoot signal flares, people will be calling the mods and admins phones off the hook ... To the crowd that finally took over the board I am Satan :laugh2:

Black Diamond
05-26-2018, 03:40 PM
All I have to do is find jillian. The fire bell will ring, someone will pop smoke and shoot signal flares, people will be calling the mods and admins phones off the hook ... To the crowd that finally took over the board I am Satan :laugh2:
They believed someone else's story over yours.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-26-2018, 04:04 PM
All I have to do is find jillian. The fire bell will ring, someone will pop smoke and shoot signal flares, people will be calling the mods and admins phones off the hook ... To the crowd that finally took over the board I am Satan :laugh2:
Aaaah yes... Jilly baby... the fictitious ATTORNEY... she's about a gutter licking leftist jack off.

She used to like dropping her caustic little comments at me until she figured out two can play that game.

Gunny
05-26-2018, 04:06 PM
They believed someone else's story over yours.I'm well aware of what they believe over there. I am also well aware of who did/said what. I gave my side. The owner chose to believe the malcontents and I was so burnt out from that place by that point I just left and didn't bother with it anymore. It just no longer mattered.

Truth be told, that is when my drinking started getting out of hand. Started with a half pint after work every day just so I could log on and still laugh at something. It was a trap of my own making. Last time I was on there, maybe two or three people were there I'd even want to talk to again. The rest are leftwingnuts and trolls or both.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-26-2018, 04:10 PM
I'm well aware of what they believe over there. I am also well aware of who did/said what. I gave my side. The owner chose to believe the malcontents and I was so burnt out from that place by that point I just left and didn't bother with it anymore. It just no longer mattered.

Truth be told, that is when my drinking started getting out of hand. Started with a half pint after work every day just so I could log on and still laugh at something. It was a trap of my own making. Last time I was on there, maybe two or three people were there I'd even want to talk to again. The rest are leftwingnuts and trolls or both.
Oh it's a fucking wasteland now... ain't no doubt about that. The leftist trolls rule the board. I've been banned so many times it would make your head spin. But the leftist can pull the same shit and get a pass.

I go over there when I'm SERIOUSLY bored.

Gunny
05-26-2018, 04:22 PM
Oh it's a fucking wasteland now... ain't no doubt about that. The leftist trolls rule the board. I've been banned so many times it would make your head spin. But the leftist can pull the same shit and get a pass.

I go over there when I'm SERIOUSLY bored.I was never actually banned. When I went back several years ago and asked, they let me come back but went into panic/damage control mode. Closed my Gunny account. Oh yeah, they DID ban it right then. It was a REALLY stupid game. You're not allowed to say a banned members named there or you get banned :laugh: So I wasn't allowed to say who I was, and no one that knew who I was could say my name. It was stupidly comical:laugh:

So you got the people that still liked me trying to trick the people who didn't into saying "Gunny", and you got the people who didn't like ME trying to get ME to say "Gunny". I thought it was juvenile, stupid, and totally funny as Hell. :laugh:

When the novelty of that wore off I basically quit going back. I think I got a 24 hour ban telling someone to FO or something because little did I know that the board is full of cliques and the mods are all in different ones too. Real f-ing professional :rolleyes: They've even got two differnt biddy cliques that hate each other and NOT because of politics; rather, over attention :laugh:

jimnyc
05-26-2018, 04:27 PM
White House says prep team for US-North Korea summit to head to Singapore as scheduled

The White House said on Saturday its pre-advance team for the U.S.-North Korea summit will head to Singapore as scheduled, signaling that the high-stakes meeting President Donald Trump abruptly cancelled just days ago could be back on track.

On Thursday, Trump called off the meeting, even as North Korea made a show of dismantling a nuclear test site. In a letter to North Korea's leader, Trump cited sharp words used by the North Korean officials about America denuclearization demands.

Yet on Saturday, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said that the team will "prepare should the summit take place."

The prep team departs amid diplomatic whiplash over the fate of a historic summit between the president and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un as part of a high stakes gambit to encourage Pyongyang to give up its nuclear arsenal. If it takes place, the summit would be the first time a U.S. president met with a North Korean leader.

Rest - https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/26/white-house-spokesperson-pre-advance-team-for-us-north-korea-summit-in-singapore-to-leave-as-scheduled.html

Gunny
05-26-2018, 04:29 PM
White House says prep team for US-North Korea summit to head to Singapore as scheduled

The White House said on Saturday its pre-advance team for the U.S.-North Korea summit will head to Singapore as scheduled, signaling that the high-stakes meeting President Donald Trump abruptly cancelled just days ago could be back on track.

On Thursday, Trump called off the meeting, even as North Korea made a show of dismantling a nuclear test site. In a letter to North Korea's leader, Trump cited sharp words used by the North Korean officials about America denuclearization demands.

Yet on Saturday, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said that the team will "prepare should the summit take place."

The prep team departs amid diplomatic whiplash over the fate of a historic summit between the president and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un as part of a high stakes gambit to encourage Pyongyang to give up its nuclear arsenal. If it takes place, the summit would be the first time a U.S. president met with a North Korean leader.

Rest - https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/26/white-house-spokesperson-pre-advance-team-for-us-north-korea-summit-in-singapore-to-leave-as-scheduled.html

Call me never satisfied but :laugh: I wish he'd picked a different place than Singapore. I would not trust that place for anything with the President of the US.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-26-2018, 04:39 PM
Call me never satisfied but :laugh: I wish he'd picked a different place than Singapore. I would not trust that place for anything with the President of the US.
And there will probably be more American GUNS in that city to guard the president than they've ever seen before... :laugh:

Black Diamond
05-26-2018, 04:39 PM
This is what I was telling you. It's not over until Hillary sings.

Gunny
05-26-2018, 04:45 PM
And there will probably be more American GUNS in that city to guard the president than they've ever seen before... :laugh:More than likely. IIRC, guns are outlawed in Singapore. Only need one sniper and one rifle and as I said awhile back, that city is a trap.

Best guess: Flies in at airport and helo's to the rooftop of one of those skyrises. That's least risk.

Black Diamond
05-26-2018, 04:46 PM
More than likely. IIRC, guns are outlawed in Singapore. Only need one sniper and one rifle and as I said awhile back, that city is a trap.

Best guess: Flies in at airport and helo's to the rooftop of one of those skyrises. That's least risk.
I heard Michael Fay may be on hand. :)

Gunny
05-26-2018, 04:46 PM
This is what I was telling you. It's not over until Hillary sings.If THAT bloated toad sings it probably WILL be over. My hearing if nothing else :(

High_Plains_Drifter
05-26-2018, 05:16 PM
Do you really think the SS would allow president Trump go there if they didn't have a reasonable idea that they could defend him?

Gunny
05-27-2018, 05:36 PM
Do you really think the SS would allow president Trump go there if they didn't have a reasonable idea that they could defend him?

Want REALLY want me to answer that? :laugh: I get this notion in my head that it doesn't matter WHAT the SS says to Trump if he's determined to go. I expect they will have security set as well as they can. I've been in Singapore and that place would be a nightmare to set up security.

There are traditional locations with a lot less risk involved.