PDA

View Full Version : Pork Roast

Gunny
05-26-2018, 05:08 PM
Not my favorite, but when I forking over for a roast for the family and the pork roast is $10 and the beef rump roast the same weight is $25, pork roast it is :)

Besides, it does my heart good to hear the lamenting of the children after having to pick up after them all day. Payback :dev:

And before you ask, I have no idea what it is seasoned with except it tastes decent enough and the meat doesn't dry out. HEB sell them pre-seasoned and it's in a sealed bag full of marinade. Nothing worse than dry pork roast. Well, except fish :)

hjmick
05-26-2018, 05:17 PM
We do those in the slow cooker... meat is moist and pulls apart... great for sammies...

LongTermGuy
05-26-2018, 05:28 PM
We do those in the slow cooker... meat is moist and pulls apart... great for sammies...

Yup...the way we like it also...

Gunny
05-26-2018, 06:39 PM

Yup...the way we like it also...You betcha. Stab it with a thermometer every so often and go about your business. Besides, I am infamous in my inability to use the oven. I use the stove top for some things, but I will grill/smoke just about anything I think is worth the charcoal it takes. The oven's for recipe kind of stuff I guess.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-26-2018, 06:42 PM
Not my favorite, but when I forking over for a roast for the family and the pork roast is $10 and the beef rump roast the same weight is $25, pork roast it is :)

Besides, it does my heart good to hear the lamenting of the children after having to pick up after them all day. Payback :dev:

And before you ask, I have no idea what it is seasoned with except it tastes decent enough and the meat doesn't dry out. HEB sell them pre-seasoned and it's in a sealed bag full of marinade. Nothing worse than dry pork roast. Well, except fish :)
Pork roast is my Ma's favorite. Just put it in the roaster with one of those little packages of onion and mushroom soup mixies and let 'er go on 325 for about 4 hours, and if you don't like that then there's something wrong with your taste buds... :laugh:

Gunny
05-26-2018, 06:54 PM
Pork roast is my Ma's favorite. Just put it in the roaster with one of those little packages of onion and mushroom soup mixies and let 'er go on 325 for about 4 hours, and if you don't like that then there's something wrong with your taste buds... :laugh:Sounds pretty decent. I just can't take it dried out. I won't eat it.

You could set your clock by MY grandparents. Beef for dinner Mon-Sat and chicken after church on Sunday. There was ZERO deviation from THAT schedule until my grandfather had a heart attack (go figure) and I don't really remember what it was after that. And you were going to get canned spinach, green beans, English peas, or mixed veggies and carrots or squash (drawing a blank on any other yellow veggie) and canned sliced cling peaches. Desert was a piece of buttered bread with Grandmas Molasses. That was my Texas grandparents.

My Southern grandma was the opposite. Total Southern cook. I don't think there was much she didn't know how to cook, all the veggies and fruit came from the Farmer's Market, and when she laid out the spread you'd have thought royalty was coming to dinner.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-26-2018, 08:44 PM
Sounds pretty decent. I just can't take it dried out. I won't eat it.

You could set your clock by MY grandparents. Beef for dinner Mon-Sat and chicken after church on Sunday. There was ZERO deviation from THAT schedule until my grandfather had a heart attack (go figure) and I don't really remember what it was after that. And you were going to get canned spinach, green beans, English peas, or mixed veggies and carrots or squash (drawing a blank on any other yellow veggie) and canned sliced cling peaches. Desert was a piece of buttered bread with Grandmas Molasses. That was my Texas grandparents.

My Southern grandma was the opposite. Total Southern cook. I don't think there was much she didn't know how to cook, all the veggies and fruit came from the Farmer's Market, and when she laid out the spread you'd have thought royalty was coming to dinner.
MAN that sounds GOOD!

One thing you can do to meat to keep it moist is marinate it, best overnight. Buttermilk works great for chicken, other things for pork or beef, and keep it covered when you cook it.

Gunny
05-26-2018, 09:00 PM
MAN that sounds GOOD!

One thing you can do to meat to keep it moist is marinate it, best overnight. Buttermilk works great for chicken, other things for pork or beef, and keep it covered when you cook it.It comes sealed with marinade in it. No telling how long it's been soaking :laugh:

Nobody except may me is proactive enough to marinate anything themselves. I just grab something every few days to give my daughter a break. Shit for brains is lost once beyond microwaving ramen noodles. He thinks I'm weird because I cook mine in a saucepan on the stove. I told him one day, "See the pretty little picture on the back of the package that shows a saucepan and says 'Instructions' above it and tells you how long to cook them below it?" F-n reetard.

Anyway, he'd fuck up hot dogs but demands dinner. And I lke to get stuff that's different than what she cooks to give ME a break. :laugh: I usually cook myself lunch in case I'm skipping dinner :) I can't eat like they do. I've been anemic since I got out of the hospital, my BP is on the border and I have to keep it down with diet and vitamins/minerals/herbs to avoid having to take medicine. I have to offset the morning pot of coffee :laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
05-26-2018, 09:51 PM
It comes sealed with marinade in it. No telling how long it's been soaking :laugh:

Nobody except may me is proactive enough to marinate anything themselves. I just grab something every few days to give my daughter a break. Shit for brains is lost once beyond microwaving ramen noodles. He thinks I'm weird because I cook mine in a saucepan on the stove. I told him one day, "See the pretty little picture on the back of the package that shows a saucepan and says 'Instructions' above it and tells you how long to cook them below it?" F-n reetard.

Anyway, he'd fuck up hot dogs but demands dinner. And I lke to get stuff that's different than what she cooks to give ME a break. :laugh: I usually cook myself lunch in case I'm skipping dinner :) I can't eat like they do. I've been anemic since I got out of the hospital, my BP is on the border and I have to keep it down with diet and vitamins/minerals/herbs to avoid having to take medicine. I have to offset the morning pot of coffee :laugh:
Gunny... PLEASE... do NOT eat fuckin' RAMEN NOODLES...

https://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/ramen-noodles-lovers-beware/

Gunny
05-26-2018, 10:06 PM
Gunny... PLEASE... do NOT eat fuckin' RAMEN NOODLES...

https://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/ramen-noodles-lovers-beware/Can't be much worse than anything else. Looks like I need to make sure the SIL always has a plentiful supply on hand though ....:laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
05-26-2018, 10:19 PM
Can't be much worse than anything else. Looks like I need to make sure the SIL always has a plentiful supply on hand though ....:laugh:
I had that shit in my cupboards, and when I read about what kind of garbage it was, I threw it all out.

RICE is a lot better for you if you want to just eat STARCH... or a potato.

hjmick
05-26-2018, 10:25 PM
I had that shit in my cupboards, and when I read about what kind of garbage it was, I threw it all out.

RICE is a lot better for you if you want to just eat STARCH... or a potato.

I only keep that shit around in case of a hurricane...

High_Plains_Drifter
05-26-2018, 10:30 PM
I only keep that shit around in case of a hurricane...
For patch jobs on the house? ... :laugh:

Gunny
05-26-2018, 10:39 PM

RICE is a lot better for you if you want to just eat STARCH... or a potato.I rarely eat them. I used to eat them a lot because I like them. I don't eat them much now because of the amount of potassium in them. Not good for the BP. I try mostly to eat fresh meat and some veggies. Maybe some fruit if we get some worth eating in. I can tell you now, fruit in S Texas is NOT fruit in AL/GA. This shit we have looks anemic :laugh:

Nothings perfect, but I DO try to keep the chemicals to a minimum.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-26-2018, 11:26 PM
I rarely eat them. I used to eat them a lot because I like them. I don't eat them much now because of the amount of potassium in them. Not good for the BP. I try mostly to eat fresh meat and some veggies. Maybe some fruit if we get some worth eating in. I can tell you now, fruit in S Texas is NOT fruit in AL/GA. This shit we have looks anemic :laugh:

Nothings perfect, but I DO try to keep the chemicals to a minimum.
I keep my red meat to a minimum. I eat more fish and chicken and pork, try my best to eat as many salads as I can, ruffage, take a vitamin every morning with OJ, drink lots of fluids, water, beer, Jack Daniels... :laugh:

Gunny
05-27-2018, 12:09 AM
I keep my red meat to a minimum. I eat more fish and chicken and pork, try my best to eat as many salads as I can, ruffage, take a vitamin every morning with OJ, drink lots of fluids, water, beer, Jack Daniels... :laugh:My problem is I can take only so much chicken and I hate fish. It tastes like fish. When I'd go deep sea fishing in FL I;d always go with my stepfather or someone else who would eat my catch. I love fighting them but I ain't eating them.

No go figure I'll eat lobster, crabs legs and steamed cherrystone clams all day :)

I've kinda added pork once every week or two because I like that half the price of beef part. I eat ham as well but the family won't. Cool with me. Don't have to worry about them stealing mine :) I almost always have eggs for breakfast. I make them for my daughter because her health ain't great and a lot of it is her not taking care of herself. She at least gets eggs for breakfast and I get her these cookies that are almost all protein. So at least she's getting some protein. I also make the oldest granddaughter a cheese omelet because she thinks it's just too cool. Naturally, I'm eating some too. Piss on the SIL. Lazy f*cker. He can make hos own sh*t.

But I got to have red meat. For one, it's good for anemia regardless all the other health horror stories people like to tack onto it. Probably just a rumor started by a Dem come to life.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-27-2018, 12:30 AM
My problem is I can take only so much chicken and I hate fish. It tastes like fish. When I'd go deep sea fishing in FL I;d always go with my stepfather or someone else who would eat my catch. I love fighting them but I ain't eating them.

No go figure I'll eat lobster, crabs legs and steamed cherrystone clams all day :)

I've kinda added pork once every week or two because I like that half the price of beef part. I eat ham as well but the family won't. Cool with me. Don't have to worry about them stealing mine :) I almost always have eggs for breakfast. I make them for my daughter because her health ain't great and a lot of it is her not taking care of herself. She at least gets eggs for breakfast and I get her these cookies that are almost all protein. So at least she's getting some protein. I also make the oldest granddaughter a cheese omelet because she thinks it's just too cool. Naturally, I'm eating some too. Piss on the SIL. Lazy f*cker. He can make hos own sh*t.

But I got to have red meat. For one, it's good for anemia regardless all the other health horror stories people like to tack onto it. Probably just a rumor started by a Dem come to life.
Fuck that Gunny... force feed yourself fish if you have to, it's good for ya, man. I'll tell ya, I've elevated my fish cooking to an art. I watch the youtube videos about battering and such, really good stuff on there. Some flour and seasonings and what not, then an egg wash and into some Planko jap crunchies, deep fry it, friggin' better than a restaurant, Cod... Halibut is my fav but Ocean Perch, whatever, it's all good... and when I get my ass in gear I get out and catch the BEST fish to eat and that's WISCONSIN BLUE GILL, or CRAPPIE, or SUN FISH... maaaan... you'd like it ya fuck, or I'd cram it in your red meat hole until ya did.... :laugh:

Sure does matter though how you cook things, and when you're a bachelor like me you learn to cook if you ever want anything to eat other than BOILED FUCKIN' HOTDOGS or some shit.