PDA

View Full Version : This sums it up.

Abbey Marie
05-29-2018, 11:48 AM
I love C. S. Lewis:

"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."

- C.S. Lewis, quoted by White Horse Inn.

One of the best summations of Christianity I’ve seen.

darin
05-29-2018, 01:01 PM
i kind of disagree with Mr Lewis. I think the importance of christianity is to help us - to remind us - to lead loving lives with tangable benefit on this earth. So even if it's untrue, its still a very good plan for how to live ones life.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-29-2018, 01:04 PM
Kind of like the saying I always say...

"... I'd rather live my life as though there is a God and die and find out there isn't, than live my life as though there isn't a God and die and find out there is."

Abbey Marie
05-29-2018, 01:05 PM
i kind of disagree with Mr Lewis. I think the importance of christianity is to help us - to remind us - to lead loving lives with tangable benefit on this earth. So even if it's untrue, its still a very good plan for how to live ones life.

I don’t think that’s disagreeing as much as it is focusing heavily on the “it’s not important” piece of the quote. I think his main point can be found in the “infinite importance” part.
:)

High_Plains_Drifter
05-29-2018, 01:05 PM
Very true... that's why they call it "the good book."

Abbey Marie
05-29-2018, 01:07 PM
Kind of like the saying I always say...

"... I'd rather live my life as though there is a God and die and find out there isn't, than live my life as though there isn't a God and die and find out there is."

It is!

darin
05-29-2018, 01:07 PM
I don’t think that’s disagreeing as much as it is focusing heavily on the “it’s not important” piece of the quote. I think his main point can be found in the “infinite importance” part.
:)

hrm. Possible. You make a good point but I think i don't agree :)

love you, though. And probably love you, Tom. But you're a dude so....yeah. :)

High_Plains_Drifter
05-29-2018, 01:52 PM
hrm. Possible. You make a good point but I think i don't agree :)

love you, though. And probably love you, Tom. But you're a dude so....yeah. :)
Hey... guy's don't have to speak the obvious... because... we're dudes... ;)

Abbey Marie
05-29-2018, 01:54 PM
Hey... guy's don't have to speak the obvious... because... we're dudes... ;)

:laugh2: You guys... Wouldn’t have it any other way.