PDA

View Full Version : 'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

jimnyc
05-29-2018, 01:48 PM
You know what, this sucks. I didn't watch a single episode, but...

I've watched folks in Hollywood shred Trump over everything, and some of them with some nasty hate filled comments just as bad. But when done to the left in Hollywood, you get canceled.

What she wrote was fucked up, but she instantly owned up and apologized. Too late though.

What Roseanne wrote was wrong and I don't support it. But I also think Jarett is another one of the law breaking scumbags for years.

---

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

"Roseanne's Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show," ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey said Tuesday.

ABC, in a stunning move, has decided to cancel its Roseanne revival following star Roseanne Barr's racist tweet Tuesday.

"Roseanne's Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show," ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey said Tuesday.

Early Tuesday, star, head writer and exec producer Barr attacked Valerie Jarrett, a senior adviser to former President Barack Obama, in a since-deleted tweet in which she said "Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj." Barr subsequently apologized: "I apologize to Valerie Jarrett and to all Americans. I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks. I should have known better. Forgive me — my joke was in bad taste."

Walt Disney Co. CEO Bob Iger also weighed in on the decision to cancel Roseanne: "There was only one thing to do here, and that was the right thing," he tweeted.

Rest - https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/roseanne-canceled-at-abc-racist-tweet-1115412

Abbey Marie
05-29-2018, 01:57 PM
Eh. They were looking for any excuse anyway.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-29-2018, 02:16 PM
I've said worse... :rolleyes:

SassyLady
05-29-2018, 02:37 PM
The sad thing is that everyone on the show is now unemployed.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-29-2018, 02:49 PM
The sad thing is that everyone on the show is now unemployed.
True... but the good thing is hollyweird will be poorer for canceling the show, even though I do understand what Roseanne said was pretty... over the top.

Gunny
05-29-2018, 03:52 PM
The sad thing is that everyone on the show is now unemployed.I never found her funny at all so I'm not missing out on anything.

I agree with the sentiment that people in positions where the livelihoods of others live or die based on the actions of the former have an added responsibility to not be stupid. If it was a matter of expressing a viewpoint on something that matters, I would think otherwise about the decision. But it wasn't. What was said by Barr was stupid.

The sad thing is I'd bet not one single person at ABC and/or Disney gives a flip that she said it other than their paranoia about appearances. Proactive, PC damage control.

Elessar
05-29-2018, 04:01 PM
I have NEVER been able to stomach Roseanne Barr.

She is repugnant, lacking common courtesy, manners, ignorant,
and a fat hog thinking she is"Sexy". She is not even funny in comedy.

What anyone sees in that pig is beyond me.

Gunny
05-29-2018, 04:04 PM
I have NEVER been able to stomach Roseanne Barr.

She is repugnant, lacking common courtesy, manners, ignorant,
and a fat hog thinking she is"Sexy". She is not even funny in comedy.

What anyone sees in that pig is beyond me.I'd say that pretty much covers MY opinion of her :laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
05-29-2018, 04:25 PM
I'll second that.

Now that us conservatives have voiced our opinions of another supposed conservative thinking person... when was the last time you heard a democrat denounce one of their own?

They don't. Doesn't matter what they do, or they'd be calling out Hitlery's corruption, obama's corruption, FBI corruption, DOJ corruption and the farce they call an investigation.

aboutime
05-30-2018, 09:42 PM
Once again...the Liberal ABC instantly rejected the TRUTH, for what they called racist.

But the double standards still are in place when you consider the number of times ABC, NBC, and CBS have had TV HOSTS say nearly the same things about Trump, his family, and Republicans.

This just proves...THE TRUTH REALLY HITS LIBERALS HARD.

YOU DECIDE...
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-x8XKc5HtJue0vGhYDnSPldocbIN-7eNPZetq01tBXFVJhC3K7Ahttp://screencrush.com/files/2012/06/patricia-krentcil-tanning-mom-planet-of-the-apes.jpg

Elessar
05-30-2018, 09:53 PM
[B] Once again...the Liberal ABC instantly rejected the TRUTH, for what they called racist.

But the double standards still are in place when you consider the number of times ABC, NBC, and CBS have had TV HOSTS say nearly the same things about Trump, his family, and Republicans.

This just proves...THE TRUTH REALLY HITS LIBERALS HARD.

Just exactly what is racist, I wonder?

She is a fat ugly hog that is not funny or attractive in any way! White person yes.
Racist?
Where are the blacks shouting her down?

I detest Oprah with a deep hatred of Racist, by the way.
I detest Al Sharpton as a racist asshole.

FakeNewsSux
05-31-2018, 01:03 AM
Epic response from the White House today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xXpe64pyGg

High_Plains_Drifter
05-31-2018, 02:42 AM
Epic response from the White House today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xXpe64pyGg
I love that girl... probably one of the best that's ever had that job.

LOki
05-31-2018, 07:49 AM
I find it interesting that so many that saw Roseanne tweet "... Planet Of The Apes ...", reflexively made the jump to "black person".

Anyone who does that should pause for a moment of self-reflection before they consider themselves entitled to casting out the accusation of "racist."

Gunny
05-31-2018, 08:09 AM
I jumped immediately to I don't like Roseanne Barr. Never have. I don't think she's humorous at all. Matter of personal taste.

As far as "racist" goes ... I'm guilty of immediately disregarding the word because it came out of a mouth from the left.

jimnyc
05-31-2018, 10:24 AM
Wanda Sykes makes comments calling the president an orangutan, and no one cares, and yet she is the first to cry over Roseanne's words. :rolleyes: And then all of these folks, they all ignore the continued words from the liberal world, pundits, comedians... The latest being Samantha Bee calling Ivana Trump a "feckless cu**" because she tweeted a picture with her child. But that's all aok, and those that condemn Roseanne, are always missing in condemning these folks.

Black Diamond
05-31-2018, 10:26 AM
I remember Wanda saying she hopes rush limbaughs kidneys fail.

Gunny
05-31-2018, 11:17 AM
I remember Wanda saying she hopes rush limbaughs kidneys fail.Nice. All class, that one :rolleyes:

jimnyc
05-31-2018, 01:32 PM
The liberals claim tolerance but are the least tolerant people on earth. They condemn many things coming from the right, and will outright ignore the things coming from the left. This is the same with many black folks today, condemning pretty much anything with w white person on the other end, and ignore or fail to condemn black folks who do the same. Accountability doesn't exist anymore. And this makes one a racist and a bigot and all kinds of other things to NOT like this crap and speak out.

aboutime
05-31-2018, 02:37 PM
I find it interesting that so many that saw Roseanne tweet "... Planet Of The Apes ...", reflexively made the jump to "black person".

Anyone who does that should pause for a moment of self-reflection before they consider themselves entitled to casting out the accusation of "racist."

None of us brought up the name of Valery Jarrett. It was part of the tweet Roseanne made.

Guess you didn't mind Whoopie Shithead calling the president a Murderer????

But then again..Maybe you did agree with her.

Abbey Marie
05-31-2018, 03:47 PM
None of us brought up the name of Valery Jarrett. It was part of the tweet Roseanne made.

One of us is misreading Loki’s comment.

aboutime
05-31-2018, 04:03 PM
One of us is misreading Loki’s comment.

My apologies to Loki for the "Brain Fart" (flatulence of the mind!:laugh:)

Where, and when will all of this stupidity EVER stop? They call it Putting one's mouth in motion before putting one's mind in Gear, AND I DID IT.:laugh:

SassyLady
05-31-2018, 08:38 PM
Never have liked Barr or her show ... however, liberal hypocrisy is running rampant.

PS ... Whoopie shirt was photo shopped.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-31-2018, 08:50 PM
Never have liked Barr or her show ... however, liberal hypocrisy is running rampant.

PS ... Whoopie shirt was photo shopped.
Beat me to it.

Gunny
05-31-2018, 08:59 PM

PS ... Whoopie shirt was photo shopped.Somebody out to point out the nimrod that thinks he/she's doing us any favors that he/she ain't. Crap like photo shopping a tee shirt like that just makes us look like them.

SassyLady
05-31-2018, 09:01 PM
Somebody out to point out the nimrod that thinks he/she's doing us any favors that he/she ain't. Crap like photo shopping a tee shirt like that just makes us look like them.

Uh, ok.

Black Diamond
05-31-2018, 09:14 PM
Somebody out to point out the nimrod that thinks he/she's doing us any favors that he/she ain't. Crap like photo shopping a tee shirt like that just makes us look like them.
It's a hell of a thing to lie about

Gunny
05-31-2018, 09:15 PM
Uh, ok.Who would photoshop a shirt like that? Someone on the right or the left? I'm going to say someone on the right since it makes Whoopi look bad. If that's possible. Fact is, I could see Whoopi owning that shirt.

I don't think people on the right should be riding this theme of "fake news" then putting it out themselves.

Now if i've missed something or got it all wrong, I'm all ears. Or eyes, I guess.

Black Diamond
05-31-2018, 09:20 PM
Who would photoshop a shirt like that? Someone on the right or the left? I'm going to say someone on the right since it makes Whoopi look bad. If that's possible. Fact is, I could see Whoopi owning that shirt.

I don't think people on the right should be riding this theme of "fake news" then putting it out themselves.

Now if i've missed something or got it all wrong, I'm all ears. Or eyes, I guess.
It's a hoax. I have seen the actual shirt she was wearing

Gunny
05-31-2018, 09:25 PM
It's a hoax. I have seen the actual shirt she was wearingI got that part. ummm ... Why are you checking out Whoopi's tee's? Ewww. :slap:

It irritates me more when people on the right do crap like that than when lefties do it. I expect it from lefties. I expect people on the right to have more class than that.

Black Diamond
05-31-2018, 09:27 PM
I got that part. ummm ... Why are you checking out Whoopi's tee's? Ewww. :slap:

It irritates me more when people on the right do crap like that than when lefties do it. I expect it from lefties. I expect people on the right to have more class than that.
I was backing up what you said. And you know you wanna see whoopi in a wet t-shirt contest

Black Diamond
05-31-2018, 09:28 PM
I got that part. ummm ... Why are you checking out Whoopi's tee's? Ewww. :slap:

How do we know a leftist didn't do it to frame a righty?

LOki
06-01-2018, 08:47 AM
None of us brought up the name of Valery Jarrett.

Well, you just did.

It was part of the tweet Roseanne made.

I suppose your mental disability prevented you from noting the same from my post.

That's some luck you got there; making up aspersions from jack shit nothing.

It's not such a big deal though... I don't give a shit about ANYTHING Whoopie Goldberg says.

Maybe I do. I'd have no idea though, because there's nothing about her that has any meaning in my life.

LOki
06-01-2018, 08:50 AM
My apologies to Loki for the "Brain Fart" (flatulence of the mind!:laugh:)

Where, and when will all of this stupidity EVER stop? They call it Putting one's mouth in motion before putting one's mind in Gear, AND I DID IT.:laugh:And there we have it.

We're ALL dicks! (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?63096-Roseanne-Canceled-at-ABC-Following-Racist-Tweet&p=909605#post909605) :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Gunny
06-01-2018, 10:10 AM
I was backing up what you said. And you know you wanna see whoopi in a wet t-shirt contestI'd gouge my eyes out first. Ought to neg your ass just for thinking that kind of insanity :slap:

Gunny
06-01-2018, 10:16 AM
How do we know a leftist didn't do it to frame a righty?I DON'T know. Wouldn't be first time. It's not like one can actually do more damage to her reputation. I was half-asleep and talking it for what it looked like.

Black Diamond
06-01-2018, 10:24 AM
I DON'T know. Wouldn't be first time. It's not like one can actually do more damage to her reputation. I was half-asleep and talking it for what it looked like.
Hell of a thing to pin on someone.

Gunny
06-01-2018, 10:38 AM
Hell of a thing to pin on someone.Not hard to pin on a lefty. Who was that skank with the tasteless tee-s awhile back basking in her 15 seconds of )fame"? Kathy Griffin? I would have taken Whoopi wearing that tee at face value had not someone Sassy debunked it. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Abbey Marie
06-01-2018, 10:39 AM
I deleted the apparently photoshopped post. Wouldn’t want to mislead anyone into thinking poorly of Ms. Goldberg.

Black Diamond
06-01-2018, 10:42 AM
Not hard to pin on a lefty. Who was that skank with the tasteless tee-s awhile back basking in her 15 seconds of )fame"? Kathy Griffin? I would have taken Whoopi wearing that tee at face value had not someone Sassy debunked it. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.
I actually took the whoopi thing at face value for months. Friend of mine pointed out to me it was a hoax.

Gunny
06-01-2018, 10:42 AM
I deleted the apparently photoshopped post. Wouldn’t want to mislead anyone into thinking poorly of Ms. Goldberg.Yeah. Wouldn't want THAT :laugh:

Black Diamond
06-01-2018, 10:43 AM
I deleted the apparently photoshopped post. Wouldn’t want to mislead anyone into thinking poorly of Ms. Goldberg.
Aunt Polly whooped Tom Sawyer for something he didn't do. He complained. She asked what about all the things you did this week that deserved a whooping I don't know about ?

Gunny
06-01-2018, 10:51 AM
Aunt Polly whooped Tom Sawyer for something he didn't do. He complained. She asked what about all the things you did this week that deserved a whooping I don't know about ?Wonder if that book's banned yet?

I have my uncle's copy of Tom Sawyer and my copy of Huckleberry Finn. Those were the "Handbooks for Little Boys" when I was 5-6 :laugh:

My grandmother must have read it too because she had Aunt Polly's solution :(