PDA

View Full Version : Millennials Are Sick Of Being Branded “Anti-Gun”

High_Plains_Drifter
05-29-2018, 07:30 PM
This is a good read, and blows a major hole in the DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA WING'S, all young people are for more gun control, mantra... if it wasn't for lies, spin and propaganda, the democrat propaganda wing wouldn't have anything to say. They are most dishonest bunch of trash America has ever had the misfortune of having to live through. They ARE... FAKE NEWS...

Millennials Are Sick Of Being Branded “Anti-Gun”

SUBSCRIBE
Do Americans under 30 really hate guns?

Earlier this year, victims of the Parkland, Fla., school shooting engaged in class walkouts to protest the supposed “easy access” to guns after a disturbed gunman’s six-minute murder spree. They were openly embraced by gun control advocates and anti-gun politicians, prominently featured and promoted by the media, and lauded as the “fierce voice” of the next generation that would “finally act” on gun control and maybe even turn elections.

What followed was the sort of inconsistency one might expect from turning control of a public policy debate over to minors. The junior advocates argued that citizens under the age of 21 shouldn’t have guns because they’re impulsive, irresponsible, emotional and incapable of understanding the implications of their actions—while simultaneously suggesting we hand people in that very demographic control of our constitutional rights.

Sound And Fury
One of the lead protesters compared the movement to a teenager’s aptitude with technology. “When your [expletive] parent is like, ‘I don’t know how to send an iMessage,’ and you’re just like, ‘Give me the [expletive] phone and let me handle it.’ Sadly, that’s what we have to do with our government; our parents don’t know how to use a [expletive] democracy, so we have to.”

Having endorsed the abrogation of constitutional rights, advocates then claimed that the school’s new clear backpack requirement violated constitutional rights to privacy. “Why are you punishing me for one person’s actions?” one student complained. (Perhaps the Founding Fathers didn’t have backpacks in mind when they wrote the Fourth Amendment?)

Not every student took a militant anti-gun stance. Kyle Kashuv, a survivor of the Parkland shooting, argued that they were failed by the authorities responsible for enforcing gun laws, telling cbs, “I looked at all the facts and they all point in the same direction that a ban on assault weapons will not solve this issue.”

Elsewhere in the school, a teacher spoke on condition of anonymity, telling the NRA’s Dana Loesch that the nation wasn’t hearing from students actually imperiled by the Valentine’s Day tragedy, noting that many students have privately expressed that the advocates don’t speak for them.

Early anti-gun protests in Stockton, Calif., actually turned violent, with several students being arrested after impeding traffic, throwing rocks at police vehicles and even assaulting police officers.

Smaller, more peaceful pro-gun demonstrations from other high schoolers were given barely a quiet nod from reporters.

The protests culminated in the so-called March For Our Lives in Washington, D.C., fueled by a ton of media publicity and participation from Hollywood elites like Oprah Winfrey, Jimmy Fallon and George Clooney, as well as musical a-listers like Kanye West, Paul McCartney and Demi Lovato. The march claimed 850,000 participants, yet area news agencies reported a more modest 200,000.

Ironically, one demographic was surprisingly absent from the high school march—high schoolers. Researchers estimated the average adult participant’s age to be 49, with a majority being motivated by opposition to President Donald Trump more than gun violence. Only 10 percent of marchers were under 18.

Despite claims the march was organized “for kids and by kids,” fact checkers noted most of its organizers were seasoned, out-of-town activists. The march was funded and supported by groups such as Greenpeace, MoveOn.org, Planned Parenthood and of course Michael Bloomberg’s Everytown for Gun Safety.

In the end, viewers were left with a march that was neither reasonable nor grassroots—and a dubious legacy to follow. In fact, for all the sound and fury, the generation hailed as the one to end gun violence might be disrupting the narrative of wholesale anti-gun allegiance.

Much more, good read... the TRUTH... https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/articles/2018/5/29/millennials-are-sick-of-being-branded-anti-gun/#.Ww2Wu8q1FK8.twitter

Gunny
05-29-2018, 08:25 PM
"Our parents don't know how to use a democracy so we have to" ? Your parents don't know how to DESTROY a democracy like you do, crybaby. Don't want to get hurt? Stay under your bed all day. I won't miss you.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-29-2018, 08:49 PM
"Our parents don't know how to use a democracy so we have to" ? Your parents don't know how to DESTROY a democracy like you do, crybaby. Don't want to get hurt? Stay under your bed all day. I won't miss you.
America is a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC anyway.

I never said, "... and to the DEMOCRACY..." when I said the Pledge of Allegiance, I said, "... and to the REPUBLIC."

I know the game here, it's another democrat name change game and I don't play. Democracy sounds like democrat, so they like to call America that, and REPUBLIC sounds like REPUBLICAN, so they DON'T like it call it that, even though that's what we are.

Gunny
05-29-2018, 09:01 PM
America is a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC anyway.

I never said, "... and to the DEMOCRACY..." when I said the Pledge of Allegiance, I said, "... and to the REPUBLIC."

I know the game here, it's another democrat name change game and I don't play. Democracy sounds like democrat, so they like to call America that, and REPUBLIC sounds like REPUBLICAN, so they DON'T like it call it that, even though that's what we are.We've always called ourselves a democracy even though we technically are not. I don't see that as mattering much since what the cheeseball means is he wants to replace his father's Oldsmobile with a fascist dictatorship.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-29-2018, 09:05 PM
We've always called ourselves a democracy even though we technically are not. I don't see that as mattering much since what the cheeseball means is he wants to replace his father's Oldsmobile with a fascist dictatorship.
Don't speak for me, I've never called America a democracy. Democracy is MOB RULE, and that's not what we are, that's not what our constitution is, and if it was, we WOULD say, "... and to the DEMOCRACY" when we say the Pledge of Allegiance.

We're a republic.