View Full Version : I'm Sorry... But I've Lost ALL FAITH In Gowdy...

High_Plains_Drifter
05-29-2018, 07:54 PM
... he's sounding more homo Graham by the day...

Trey Gowdy: FBI’s Use of Informant for Trump Campaign Was Appropriate

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC), the chairman of the House Oversight Committee, said on Tuesday that the FBI’s use of an informant for the Trump campaign in 2016 was appropriate, joining top Democrats in disputing President Donald Trump’s characterization of the informant as a spy.

“I am even more convinced that the FBI did exactly what my fellow citizens would want them to do when they got the information they got, and that it has nothing to do with Donald Trump,” Gowdy said during an interview on Fox News.

In recent days, Trump has parroted misleading claims about the FBI’s use of the informant as part of its counter-intelligence investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election, dubbing the individual a “spy” and referring to the controversy as “Spygate.”

Gowdy’s comments were significant because the former federal prosecutor participated in a classified briefing about the informant last week that was conducted by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and FBI Director Christopher Wray. The so-called “Gang of Eight”—which includes House and Senate leaders in addition to the top Republicans and Democrats on the intelligence committees—also joined the briefing. The Democrats present at the meeting previously released a joint statement saying they heard “no evidence” from Rosenstein and Wray that a “spy” was placed within the Trump campaign.

More: https://www.thedailybeast.com/trey-gowdy-fbis-use-of-informant-for-trump-campaign-was-appropriate

Gunny
05-29-2018, 08:06 PM
You can't just turn on someone the second you don't like what they have to say. It's called shooting the messenger. I trust Gowdy, a former DA, over any of those other eggheads.

I would like to see the whole damned thing and make my own determination. Which won't happen. I'd bet there's some bullshit in the language that allows them to do it.

Of more importance to me is that they ARE allowed to do it and some bullshit law or reg that allows them to. If we caught a foreigner spying on us we can still put them to death. But it's okay that we can spy on us? Smells like a George Orwell book to me.

aboutime
05-29-2018, 08:17 PM
I haven't lost any faith in Gowdy. He's a former prosecutor and legally speaking...as he always does. He also said: "I am even more convinced that the FBI did exactly what my fellow citizens would want them to do when they got the information they got, and that it has nothing to do with Donald Trump,” Gowdy said during an interview on Fox News.

So, it sounded to me like he was defending the President, while playing the legal, Congressional game with the LYING Democrats who wanted to LEAK other stories that Gowdy managed to NIP IN THE BUD...before the Dems could run to CNN.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-29-2018, 08:18 PM
You can't just turn on someone the second you don't like what they have to say.
Yes I can.

JakeStarkey
05-29-2018, 08:21 PM
Gowdy has been generally an honest man and somewhat honest politician.

I agree with him on his appraisal of the FBI.

Gunny
05-29-2018, 08:22 PM
I haven't lost any faith in Gowdy. He's a former prosecutor and legally speaking...as he always does. He also said: "I am even more convinced that the FBI did exactly what my fellow citizens would want them to do when they got the information they got, and that it has nothing to do with Donald Trump,” Gowdy said during an interview on Fox News.

So, it sounded to me like he was defending the President, while playing the legal, Congressional game with the LYING Democrats who wanted to LEAK other stories that Gowdy managed to NIP IN THE BUD...before the Dems could run to CNN.That was kinda my take as well. I did however consider that for every Constitutional Right we have, the government has 20 legal caveats to circumvent them. The 2nd, 4th, 5th and 10th Amendments come first to mind.

Our government spies on us. Civilian agencies collect data on us and the Feds just come up with some jerkoff reason to get a subpoena for the data.

And everyone wonders why I use my phone for just a phone :rolleyes:

High_Plains_Drifter
05-29-2018, 08:24 PM

So, it sounded to me like he was defending the President, while playing the legal, Congressional game with the LYING Democrats who wanted to LEAK other stories that Gowdy managed to NIP IN THE BUD...before the Dems could run to CNN.
If that was the case, then the FBI should have been all over the Hitlery campaign like flies on shit.

And they should have briefed Trump.

It was a hit job, it was a planted spy, and Trump was, is and always HAS BEEN the TARGET. To say he's not is a LIE, PERIOD.

Gowdy seems to have misplaced his balls.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-29-2018, 08:26 PM
Gowdy has been generally an honest man and somewhat honest politician.

I agree with him on his appraisal of the FBI.
Of course you do, because he's agreeing that spying on the Trump campaign was a good thing, even though it was ILLEGAL, and UNWARRANTED.

Where was the Hitlery spy?

High_Plains_Drifter
05-29-2018, 08:33 PM
If SPYING on a PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN is now the NEW NORM in this country, then we have SERIOUS, SERIOUS problems with the LAW, ESPECIALLY when the SPYING is being done on KNOWN FALSE INFORMATION. The ONLY TRUE information we have is that the DNC SERVER WAS HACKED... so WHY didn't the FBI plant a SPY in the HITLERY CAMPAIGN? HUH?

Why in the FUCK do you think the FBI and the DOJ are STONEWALLING on GIVING OUT THE INFORMATION as to WHY they even STARTED this WITCH HUNT on Trump?

BECAUSE IT WILL EXPOSE THEM... THAT'S WHY... DUUUUUHHHHH... for Christ sake.

It's just infuriating to watch these mealy mouthed ass clowns operate. 150 years ago they'd have all been hung in the public square by now.

aboutime
05-29-2018, 08:38 PM
If that was the case, then the FBI should have been all over the Hitlery campaign like flies on shit.

And they should have briefed Trump.

It was a hit job, it was a planted spy, and Trump was, is and always HAS BEEN the TARGET. To say he's not is a LIE, PERIOD.

Gowdy seems to have misplaced his balls.

Hey guy. Hold on a second. You forget...THE FBI was COMEY, and controlled by Obama's A.G. LYNCH-MOB WHO also met with Bubba Clinton. So...they were told to LAY OFF of Hitlery until after SHE WON. But...that all didn't work for them. Being so CROOKED during the Obama last days. The A.G. and Comey WANTED NOTHING TO DO WITH BRIEFING TRUMP.
In retrospect...IMO. Gowdy knows they had a SPY on Trump. But he's not able to SPILL everything he knows because it could tarnish any INDICTMENTS that may be in the wind.
Of course. You can have your opinion, and think whatever you want. I won't disagree with you doing that. But...I prefer to keep thinking positively....Because..WE DON'T KNOW, WHAT WE DON'T KNOW....we don't know (Donald Rumsfeld).

High_Plains_Drifter
05-29-2018, 08:44 PM
Hey guy. Hold on a second. You forget...THE FBI was COMEY, and controlled by Obama's A.G. LYNCH-MOB WHO also met with Bubba Clinton. So...they were told to LAY OFF of Hitlery until after SHE WON. But...that all didn't work for them. Being so CROOKED during the Obama last days. The A.G. and Comey WANTED NOTHING TO DO WITH BRIEFING TRUMP.
In retrospect...IMO. Gowdy knows they had a SPY on Trump. But he's not able to SPILL everything he knows because it could tarnish any INDICTMENTS that may be in the wind.
Of course. You can have your opinion, and think whatever you want. I won't disagree with you doing that. But...I prefer to keep thinking positively....Because..WE DON'T KNOW, WHAT WE DON'T KNOW....we don't know (Donald Rumsfeld).
I know that, pard, I was pointing out the blatant hypocrisy and inconsistency.

But Gowdy is talking bull shit. He knows this entire thing was predicated on a LIE, but the way he talks he's making it all sound legit, and it ISN'T. We KNOW the dirty fake dossier and the FBI feeding false information to a drunk Papadopalous and then making him repeat it is the basis for ALL OF THIS. So there is NO reason for a SPY in the Trump campaign, so for Gowdy to blow his pie hole about it was proper is HORSE SHIT. I have no idea what he's up to, but it's BOGUS.

pete311
05-29-2018, 08:49 PM
If SPYING on a PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN is now the NEW NORM in this country, then we have SERIOUS, SERIOUS problems with the LAW, ESPECIALLY when the SPYING is being done on KNOWN FALSE INFORMATION. The ONLY TRUE information we have is that the DNC SERVER WAS HACKED... so WHY didn't the FBI plant a SPY in the HITLERY CAMPAIGN? HUH?

Why in the FUCK do you think the FBI and the DOJ are STONEWALLING on GIVING OUT THE INFORMATION as to WHY they even STARTED this WITCH HUNT on Trump?

BECAUSE IT WILL EXPOSE THEM... THAT'S WHY... DUUUUUHHHHH... for Christ sake.

It's just infuriating to watch these mealy mouthed ass clowns operate. 150 years ago they'd have all been hung in the public square by now.

geez you are a melting snowflake

High_Plains_Drifter
05-29-2018, 08:56 PM
You got nothing... do you... ass clown?

Just resort to your sophomoric little grade school insults again... loser.

Get a life.

aboutime
05-29-2018, 08:57 PM

Wow petey....now you're really funny, and showing your ignorance. YOU calling someone else a Snowflake is hilarious, and I might say...STUPID. Pot calling Kettle????

High_Plains_Drifter
05-29-2018, 08:59 PM
Wow petey....now you're really funny, and showing your ignorance. YOU calling someone else a Snowflake is hilarious, and I might say...STUPID. Pot calling Kettle????
He's a democrat... he's too stupid to have any originality. Being a pathetic little copy cat like a 6 year old is easier than using your brain.

Elessar
05-29-2018, 10:36 PM

Gawd. I have seen banana slugs with more intelligent comments than You.

Always have to insult with one-liners, Huh little boy?

Black Diamond
05-29-2018, 10:50 PM
Says the ass clown, who a year and half after the election, still can't handle the results.

JakeStarkey
05-30-2018, 03:37 AM
If you Trump people keep looking backward, you will stumble because you are not looking forward.

Clinton, as far as Mueller is concerned (which means Rosenstein, the FBI, and the DOJ), as no impact on the investigation into Trump, the campaign, collusion, Russia, money laundering, and obstruction.

Sure as shoot as you keep saying nothing has happened, Fate is going to lumber you.

revelarts
05-30-2018, 05:13 AM
Gowdy is a former federal DA., prosecutor right?
umm, I suspect it's his habit to say that everything the FBI and police do is perfectly legal and above board all the time.
to basically never really question their procedures.
And using informants is in fact a long standing police procedure.
However the question he doesn't address is WHY the FBI was looking at Trump in the 1st place.
What did they supposedly think he was doing illegally to warrant an "investigation" in the 1st place.

But it's a quietly acknowledged fact that gov't officials and candidates are spied on and investigated by the feds all the time.
in the past i've post Former FBI, NSA and other U.S. intel professionals talking about how they regularly spy on gov't officials AND potential gov't officials (Including potential Judges like Gowdy) Creating detailed files on them all. In the case of potential federal judges on former FBI says that generally speaking the CLEANEST ones never rise to the the top.
Only the ones that the intel agencies have some "leverage" on.

the CIA has been caught spying on congress and the congress is afraid to say/do anything about it.
one FBI informant said that the Clintons had a group in the FBI spying on Republicans and the Clintons then leaked some of the dirt found to the press. This was apparently retaliation for the Clintons because deeds were being used against them.
While the FBI agent said that many of the agents investigated everything legitimately because they found that officials that officals of BOTH parties were involved in illegal activity. So the Agents expected to go to court with evidence. But The Clintons only used the info politically, and never for court.

One NSA whistle blower says he was handed the orders to wire tap Candidate Obama shortly after the speech at the democratic convention that boosted him to the national spotlight.
Jesse Venture says that shortly after he became Governor he was literally visited by a room full of various Federal intel agents that wanted to have meeting about him and his campaign.

So yeah, welcome to America.
seems to me until the Rs and Ds both decide that it's a problem for everyone, then it's going to keep happening.
and the intel bureaucrats who don't leave will have the "leverage" over all of our elected officials.

pete311
05-30-2018, 06:30 AM
You got nothing... do you... ass clown?

Just resort to your sophomoric little grade school insults again... loser.

Get a life.

I'm convinced half this forum has short term memory loss. Do I need to post the hundreds of one liner insults you all have given me? But I give it back and the wah wah train comes into station. If I posted some pathetic meltdown whiney post like drifter did, you guys would give me the same shit. Grow a pair. It's hilarious the level of delusion you have when you trash one of your heroes the minute he contradicts your ideology. Maybe, just maybe, Gowdy is right here and Trump is spewing another conspiracy theory as distraction.

Elessar
05-30-2018, 07:57 AM
I'm convinced half this forum has short term memory loss. Do I need to post the hundreds of one liner insults you all have given me? But I give it back and the wah wah train comes into station. If I posted some pathetic meltdown whiney post like drifter did, you guys would give me the same shit. Grow a pair. It's hilarious the level of delusion you have when you trash one of your heroes the minute he contradicts your ideology. Maybe, just maybe, Gowdy is right here and Trump is spewing another conspiracy theory as distraction.

Grow a Pair....Really?

You have NOT got a "Pair".

All you do is snipe and insult. Worthless shitstorm who thinks he is important.

pete311
05-30-2018, 08:11 AM
Grow a Pair....Really?

You have NOT got a "Pair".

All you do is snipe and insult. Worthless shitstorm who thinks he is important.

just showing your fanboy hipocrisy. I've been insulted hundreds of times here. You never came to my defense. I give it back and you guys turn into snowflakes. hilarious.

Gunny
05-30-2018, 08:21 AM
Gowdy is a former federal DA., prosecutor right?
umm, I suspect it's his habit to say that everything the FBI and police do is perfectly legal and above board all the time.
to basically never really question their procedures.
And using informants is in fact a long standing police procedure.
However the question he doesn't address is WHY the FBI was looking at Trump in the 1st place.
What did they supposedly think he was doing illegally to warrant an "investigation" in the 1st place.

But it's a quietly acknowledged fact that gov't officials and candidates are spied on and investigated by the feds all the time.
in the past i've post Former FBI, NSA and other U.S. intel professionals talking about how they regularly spy on gov't officials AND potential gov't officials (Including potential Judges like Gowdy) Creating detailed files on them all. In the case of potential federal judges on former FBI says that generally speaking the CLEANEST ones never rise to the the top.
Only the ones that the intel agencies have some "leverage" on.

the CIA has been caught spying on congress and the congress is afraid to say/do anything about it.
one FBI informant said that the Clintons had a group in the FBI spying on Republicans and the Clintons then leaked some of the dirt found to the press. This was apparently retaliation for the Clintons because deeds were being used against them.
While the FBI agent said that many of the agents investigated everything legitimately because they found that officials that officals of BOTH parties were involved in illegal activity. So the Agents expected to go to court with evidence. But The Clintons only used the info politically, and never for court.

One NSA whistle blower says he was handed the orders to wire tap Candidate Obama shortly after the speech at the democratic convention that boosted him to the national spotlight.
Jesse Venture says that shortly after he became Governor he was literally visited by a room full of various Federal intel agents that wanted to have meeting about him and his campaign.

So yeah, welcome to America.
seems to me until the Rs and Ds both decide that it's a problem for everyone, then it's going to keep happening.
and the intel bureaucrats who don't leave will have the "leverage" over all of our elected officials.He was the DA of Spartanburg County. SC.

NightTrain
05-30-2018, 11:02 AM
... he's sounding more homo Graham by the day...

Trey Gowdy: FBI’s Use of Informant for Trump Campaign Was Appropriate

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC), the chairman of the House Oversight Committee, said on Tuesday that the FBI’s use of an informant for the Trump campaign in 2016 was appropriate, joining top Democrats in disputing President Donald Trump’s characterization of the informant as a spy.

“I am even more convinced that the FBI did exactly what my fellow citizens would want them to do when they got the information they got, and that it has nothing to do with Donald Trump,” Gowdy said during an interview on Fox News.

In recent days, Trump has parroted misleading claims about the FBI’s use of the informant as part of its counter-intelligence investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election, dubbing the individual a “spy” and referring to the controversy as “Spygate.”

Gowdy’s comments were significant because the former federal prosecutor participated in a classified briefing about the informant last week that was conducted by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and FBI Director Christopher Wray. The so-called “Gang of Eight”—which includes House and Senate leaders in addition to the top Republicans and Democrats on the intelligence committees—also joined the briefing. The Democrats present at the meeting previously released a joint statement saying they heard “no evidence” from Rosenstein and Wray that a “spy” was placed within the Trump campaign.

More: https://www.thedailybeast.com/trey-gowdy-fbis-use-of-informant-for-trump-campaign-was-appropriate

Well, I'd like to point out the source there, HPD. The Daily Beast is left leaning, to say the least, so take what they wrote with a bit of skepticism.

I think Gowdy is solid - and watching him tear down hapless moonbats in his sights surely shows this - so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

What the article doesn't point out is that in 2016 when this all went down, it wasn't known that the Steele Dossier was created & paid for by Hillary and the DNC, so given that the source was unknown at the time, the FBI would have had an obligation to investigate.

Also unknown at the time was the fact that Comey was dirty, and that some agents like Strzok & Page were certainly unbiased and had a vested interest in creating red herrings - remember the "insurance policy"?

I think Gowdy is talking from a standpoint of when the FBI started looking at things.

For the record, I think it's a bunch of bullshit that there was at least one spy planted in Trump's campaign.

Black Diamond
05-30-2018, 11:08 AM
just showing your fanboy hipocrisy. I've been insulted hundreds of times here. You never came to my defense. I give it back and you guys turn into snowflakes. hilarious.
Fanboy? So you want a special prosecutor appointed to handle the situation regarding the Clintons, Lynch, and possibiy Obama after Loretta met with Bill on the Tarmac immediately before comeys announcement?

High_Plains_Drifter
05-30-2018, 11:16 AM
You're the one who STARTED it, and you haven't let up yet.

Now you're trying a new tactic, calling the stating of facts whining, even though this is a known tactic by butt hurt little ass clown democrat twats like you that the facts piss you off. I know I've owned you when all you got to respond with is some sack of dog piss stupid immature little snot nose insult, I know you're mad and throwing a tantrum, and my job is done.

But so long as you keep up the grade school, moronic little insults, not just to me but to everyone, you can expect to get responded to in kind, you invite it.

You COULD have TRIED to DISPUTE what I said, but instead you just vomited up another childish little insult, and THAT is why you got piled on. Now if you're too STUPID to understand that, then maybe you need to go sit in the corner with your DUNCE HAT on and wait until you GROW UP, boy.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-30-2018, 12:23 PM
Well, I'd like to point out the source there, HPD. The Daily Beast is left leaning, to say the least, so take what they wrote with a bit of skepticism.

I think Gowdy is solid - and watching him tear down hapless moonbats in his sights surely shows this - so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

What the article doesn't point out is that in 2016 when this all went down, it wasn't known that the Steele Dossier was created & paid for by Hillary and the DNC, so given that the source was unknown at the time, the FBI would have had an obligation to investigate.

Also unknown at the time was the fact that Comey was dirty, and that some agents like Strzok & Page were certainly unbiased and had a vested interest in creating red herrings - remember the "insurance policy"?

I think Gowdy is talking from a standpoint of when the FBI started looking at things.

For the record, I think it's a bunch of bullshit that there was at least one spy planted in Trump's campaign.
They, "the FBI players involved," knew dang well the dossier was FAKE. It was their "insurance policy," and the ones pulling all this crap all knew who each other were and they dang well knew they were AAAALLL dirty, and they were counting on Hitlery winning and all their corrupt shenanigans being swept under the table.

If they REALLY thought RUSSIA was MEDDLING in the Trump campaign, then WHY didn't they TELL the Trump campaign? They didn't because they knew damn well they were using a FAKE dossier to even get FISA warrants to SPY on the Trump campaign AFTER they planted their SPY.

But to go even further, why ONLY the Trump campaign? Why NOT the clinton campaign TOO? Wasn't it the DNC clinton server that got HACKED?

So what is the problem with Gowdy? Why doesn't he see this? Does he NOT BELIEVE the dossier was FAKE? Does he not believe Papadopolus was fed FAKE Russian email information by a $25M CLINTON DONOR just so they could invite him to europe and get him drunk and milk it out of him so they could imply he knew of Trump/Russia collusion? Has Gowdy forgotten the law? Has Gowdy chosen to ignore certain facts?

This ENTIRE charade, from START to FINISH, has been ONE MASSIVE SCANDAL, AAAAAALLLL arranged by CORRUPT DEMOCRATS in the FBI, the DOJ, the DNC/clinton campaign, and the DEEP STATE, and if Gowdy wants to pretend that part of this was LEGITIMATE, then he's just jumped on the NEVER TRUMP TRAIN, and he's been going down this road for awhile now. He's been saying this FARCE of an investigation is LEGITIMATE and MUST be allowed to CONTINUE. Gowdy is acting a whole lot like a guy who's CHOSEN A SIDE, and it's NOT on the president's. I don't think that's so shocking.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-30-2018, 01:34 PM
I know that, pard, I was pointing out the blatant hypocrisy and inconsistency.

But Gowdy is talking bull shit. He knows this entire thing was predicated on a LIE, but the way he talks he's making it all sound legit, and it ISN'T. We KNOW the dirty fake dossier and the FBI feeding false information to a drunk Papadopalous and then making him repeat it is the basis for ALL OF THIS. So there is NO reason for a SPY in the Trump campaign, so for Gowdy to blow his pie hole about it was proper is HORSE SHIT. I have no idea what he's up to, but it's BOGUS.

I agree with you on this and also agree that Gowdy is wrong in this case.
Try as he may Gowdy can not remove the truth and the foul smell of this and the fact that it was illegal and bullshit from the start.
So his own damn double-talk, is bullshit.
Despite his name/reputation, I'll not let him piss down my back and tell me it is raining!
My daddy didnt raise me to be blind, gullible a fool or so impressed by somebody's past reputation as to swallow every damn thing they say as if it is gospel!
Piling shit on the truth does not destroy the fact that it is the damn truth..
Gowdy wants to spread that shit he had best prove what the bastards did-was all above board , legal and Trump is guilty as hell, else fkk him too..
And yes, he has proved none of that yet blathered his own shit into the mix, IMHO..--Tyr

aboutime
05-30-2018, 07:20 PM
I hope petey keeps coming back to whine, and complain if for nothing else...To Entertain all of us, and remind us how...Being the DP proxy member... most like Nancy Pelosi..is PRICELESS.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/db/8b/53/db8b53cd62701a49dee6b5c38eaf44d1.jpg
The more Nancy, and petey talk...the better, and more entertaining it gets.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/12/64/63/126463c05dcc84d5db2c7b6cc56d2cbb.jpg

aboutime
05-30-2018, 07:49 PM
In his words....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxXKCoUT16Q

Elessar
05-30-2018, 09:24 PM

Do you impress yourself much?

Sure as shit do not impress me.

I've complimented you in the past, when it was deserved, but mostly stood
by and watched your rattle-trap make a fool of himself.

aboutime
05-30-2018, 09:32 PM
When you say you've been insulted hundreds of times here. What you call Insults, are actually proven Truthful words in your behalf.

Your Days of WHINE and Roses are not over yet.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-31-2018, 06:15 AM
Hearing lots of blow back from lots of people about Gowdy's comment. Ron DeSantis was on Fox saying Gowdy is out of his mind as well...

About 2:20...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiaK1zk-UIo

JakeStarkey
05-31-2018, 12:08 PM
Gowdy, although far right, is not alt right, and within his purview, is fair, imo.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-31-2018, 12:14 PM
Rep. DeSantis Fires Back at Gowdy: ‘Deploying Surveillance’ on Trump Not What Americans Want FBI Doing

https://www.mediaite.com/donald-trump/rep-desantis-fires-back-at-gowdy-deploying-surveillance-on-trump-not-what-americans-want-fbi-doing/

gabosaurus
05-31-2018, 02:51 PM
So anyone who doesn't support Trump 100 percent of the time can not be trusted?

aboutime
05-31-2018, 03:04 PM
So anyone who doesn't support Trump 100 percent of the time can not be trusted?

We're not brainwashed liberal snowflakes who are forced to believe Democrat liars, and never question them...or face political assassination by association!

https://edwardbainjournal.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/aviary-photo_131329485844876691.png
But you never questioned Obama, Clinton, Carter, Schumer, or Pelosi? Double Standards gabby?
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/03/03/18/3DEC6E6400000578-4279490-image-m-12_1488564880036.jpg
http://media.breitbart.com/media/2018/04/Nancy-Pelosi-and-Bashar-Assad-Associated-Press.jpghttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQk6QXgKIlk3DchL8xnBJjUcSevoCo2o X1K-uY2AjklmOSyE1b_

JakeStarkey
05-31-2018, 03:29 PM
Oh, geez, the Alt Right cucks march in lock step. Gowdy says, "Nope, the FBI acted correctly," and the Alt Right all light their tiki torches together.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-31-2018, 04:33 PM
Oh, geez, the Alt Right cucks march in lock step. Gowdy says, "Nope, the FBI acted correctly," and the Alt Right all light their tiki torches together.
I see you feel that you've been here long enough to start in with your wise ass moronic insults.

Everybody has been pretty good to you so far. Why do you feel the need to start your shit?

Just know that you've opened the door now for people to start treating you the same way.

Gunny
05-31-2018, 05:38 PM
Oh, geez, the Alt Right cucks march in lock step. Gowdy says, "Nope, the FBI acted correctly," and the Alt Right all light their tiki torches together.If I hit "alt" "right" my computer just stares back at me. There's no one here that would fall under that label. I'll check for you though ...

Any y'all folks out there Nazi's, racists or Democrats? Jake's talking about you.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-31-2018, 05:49 PM
If I hit "alt" "right" my computer just stares back at me. There's no one here that would fall under that label. I'll check for you though ...

Any y'all folks out there Nazi's, racists or Democrats? Jake's talking about you.
Jakey loves "demtard buzz words and phrases," even if he has to pull them out of the moron dust bin. He figures they make great insults.

I knew it wouldn't take him long to start his shit, even though everyone here has treated him pretty good.

Notice how he started out here all NICEY, NICEY... give people the impression he was "ok." Didn't last long...

JakeStarkey
05-31-2018, 06:46 PM
I see you feel that you've been here long enough to start in with your wise ass moronic insults. Everybody has been pretty good to you so far. Why do you feel the need to start your shit? Just know that you've opened the door now for people to start treating you the same way.You all did in the beginning. I have been polite. But I have always hit harder than I have been hit.

You will be treated as you act. If you want to be polite, I can do that.

But there is no alt right pass or prog left pass as far as I am concerned.

Gowdy is a faithful American servant, and I don't care if you disagree with him on this: you are wrong.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-31-2018, 07:02 PM
You all did in the beginning. I have been polite. But I have always hit harder than I have been hit.

You will be treated as you act. If you want to be polite, I can do that.

But there is no alt right pass or prog left pass as far as I am concerned.

Gowdy is a faithful American servant, and I don't care if you disagree with him on this: you are wrong.
You didn't quote me, but your reply was directly after mine.

You're not a stranger here, Jakey, we know you and we know how you operate.

"I" have been decent to you here, but you calling me and every other conservative a "CUCK" is an insult.

Gowdy is off his rocker. He talked out his ass and got called on it. He's made up his mind that his future plans, whatever they are, depends on turning on president Trump and pretending this investigation is legitimate. There may even be dirt on him somewhere that he's afraid of that none of us know of... yet. You don't say dumbass things like he did without an angle. Washington is all about surviving and furthering your career, the truth be damned. SOMETHING is making him say stupid things. Could be he has just decided he doesn't like president Trump.

He's wrong, you're wrong, I'm right.

Gunny
05-31-2018, 07:55 PM
I tend to agree with Jim? Whoever posted that based on what they knew at the time it was legal.

I beg to differ with the statement "it's what Americans would have wanted." I'm not comfortable with the Federal government spying on political candidates. That smacks of conflict of interest as it has proven to be as the facts have become clearer.

What I don't see is the reason. I'm sure they're playing or going to play the "it's classified" card, but then, so was what Hitlery broadcast to anyone that wanted to look on an unsecure server.

I think it smells REALLY bad, but I don't think Gowdy would make a wrong legal determination. That's right up his alley and he's been at it a LONG time.

Black Diamond
05-31-2018, 08:03 PM
I tend to agree with Jim? Whoever posted that based on what they knew at the time it was legal.

I beg to differ with the statement "it's what Americans would have wanted." I'm not comfortable with the Federal government spying on political candidates. That smacks of conflict of interest as it has proven to be as the facts have become clearer.

What I don't see is the reason. I'm sure they're playing or going to play the "it's classified" card, but then, so was what Hitlery broadcast to anyone that wanted to look on an unsecure server.

I think it smells REALLY bad, but I don't think Gowdy would make a wrong legal determination. That's right up his alley and he's been at it a LONG time.
Maybe Obama thought Hillary was more vulnerable than most thought. Maybe for some folks once you start spying you can't stop

High_Plains_Drifter
05-31-2018, 08:19 PM

And therein lies the problem... when Gowdy made that statement, the "briefing" he referred to didn't tell him ANYTHING that would have given him any reason to suggest the FBI KNEW the Russians were meddling with the Trump campaign... OTHER THAN THE FAKE DOSSIER, AND THE FBI FEEDING PAPADOPULOUS FAKE INFO TO TRY AND CON IT OUT OF HIM WHILE HE WAS DRUNK IN PARIS. Those are the FACTS. There is NO OTHER EVIDENCE OF ANYTHING ELSE, and there NEVER HAS BEEN, not even NOW. The ENTIRE THING is a SET UP, and I think Gowdy KNOWS IT. He's talking some SMACK, and it has a lot of people wondering WHY.

Gowdy stepped in it.

Gunny
05-31-2018, 08:33 PM
And therein lies the problem... when Gowdy made that statement, the "briefing" he referred to didn't tell him ANYTHING that would have given him any reason to suggest the FBI KNEW the Russians were meddling with the Trump campaign... OTHER THAN THE FAKE DOSSIER, AND THE FBI FEEDING PAPADOPULOUS FAKE INFO TO TRY AND CON IT OUT OF HIM WHILE HE WAS DRUNK IN PARIS. Those are the FACTS. There is NO OTHER EVIDENCE OF ANYTHING ELSE, and there NEVER HAS BEEN, not even NOW. The ENTIRE THING is a SET UP, and I think Gowdy KNOWS IT. He's doing a 180, and it has a lot of people wondering WHY.

Gowdy stepped in it.
He can only go by what is presented as fact and hard evidence. What he or we think is neither. Even if they're guilty as hell but CYA'd good enough to pass the sniff test, there's nothing else he CAN say.

The whole problem here is going against the DOJ - the law. You ever tried to fight the law? A cop hits you and you hit him back you're guilty of assaulting and officer of the law and resisting arrest. THEY make the rules and follow the ones they want. Look at how many people they let die during an investigation because getting "Mr Big" is more important than a handful of junkies. Tell that to the junkies' mamas. They are completely unethical.

Everyone thinks this is some joke but they ARE actually trying to take down a sitting US President for daring to challenge their omnipotence. They've had all the time in the world to cover shit up. And THEY are the US Govt pro's at covering shit up. Somebody just now getting their hands on it?

I'm surprised they haven't fabricated something more plausible than "Russian Collusion" to "turn up in the investigation" by now.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-31-2018, 08:38 PM
He can only go by what is presented as fact and hard evidence.
Well... yeah... but that's not what he's doing. If he was truthful he'd admit this entire thing has been a set up by the democrat deep state, and there's a mountain of evidence already to proving that.

There is zero evidence that a SPY should have been planted in the Trump campaign that is "legitimate," not to mention it would be illegal and unprecedented, while there is ample evidence that if a spy was warranted, it should have been in the DNC, the DOJ and the FBI themselves.

He's probably covering for his FBI/DOJ buddies. But you don't say idiot things like he did and not escape scrutiny. People will start digging into HIS background and connections now, and we'll hear about it sooner or later.

Gunny
05-31-2018, 09:07 PM
Well... yeah... but that's not what he's doing. If he was truthful he'd admit this entire thing has been a set up by the democrat deep state, and there's a mountain of evidence already to proving that.

There is zero evidence that a SPY should have been planted in the Trump campaign that is "legitimate," not to mention it would be illegal and unprecedented, while there is ample evidence that if a spy was warranted, it should have been in the DNC, the DOJ and the FBI themselves.

He's probably covering for his FBI/DOJ buddies. But you don't say idiot things like he did and not escape scrutiny. People will start digging into HIS background and connections now, and we'll hear about it sooner or later.

One, you are assuming he is not being truthful when that is just your opinion based on what you have seen. Remember, they're not showing us shit.

Two, he is a legislator, not James Bond. His job is to be legally correct, not break the case wide open. I bet if it was possible (which as it stands it is not) and you assigned Gowdy as that second special counsel you mentioned to investigate Mueller you'd see a whole different game.

If he came out right now and said what you wanted him to say with no evidence and the government evidence said otherwise he'd just destroy his own credibility, any future plans in government, and give the left something to try and roll into the mid-terms with. What you want seemingly just is not there.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-31-2018, 09:26 PM
One, you are assuming he is not being truthful when that is just your opinion based on what you have seen.
On that I have to vehemently disagree with you. It is not my opinion. We know where this entire thing started, the facts have been indisputably proven, and they don't support his absurd comments.

And on the contrary, what we are hearing from him, is HIS opinion.

I know some will defend him to the end, but you have to ask yourself, why has he done a 180? Why did he start out wondering about the fake dossier, and now he's acting as though it's a legitimate reason to have planted a spy in the Trump campaign? His actions and words are highly suspect...

Trey Gowdy’s Deeply Troubling Take on Spygate

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/05/30/trey-gowdys-deeply-troubling-take-on-spygate/

JakeStarkey
05-31-2018, 09:29 PM
You didn't quote me, but your reply was directly after mine.

You're not a stranger here, Jakey, we know you and we know how you operate.

"I" have been decent to you here, but you calling me and every other conservative a "CUCK" is an insult.

Gowdy is off his rocker. He talked out his ass and got called on it. He's made up his mind that his future plans, whatever they are, depends on turning on president Trump and pretending this investigation is legitimate. There may even be dirt on him somewhere that he's afraid of that none of us know of... yet. You don't say dumbass things like he did without an angle. Washington is all about surviving and furthering your career, the truth be damned. SOMETHING is making him say stupid things. Could be he has just decided he doesn't like president Trump.

He's wrong, you're wrong, I'm right.Gowdy is right, you are wrong, and that is the way of it.

Don't think you can tiki torch your opponents and then call foul when you get it in return.

What is frustrating to all of us is that we are ALL waiting on Mueller for his reports.

PS: Have the last say on this. I am going to skip your replies for a few days, and then we can try again.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-31-2018, 09:30 PM
Gowdy is right, you are wrong, and that is the way of it.

Don't think you can tiki torch your opponents and then call foul when you get it in return.

What is frustrating to all of us is that we are ALL waiting on Mueller for his reports.
You're as big a joke here as you were at the USMB, Jakey.

What's the matter, too many people finally ignore you over there?

aboutime
05-31-2018, 10:39 PM
You're as big a joke here as you were at the USMB, Jakey.

What's the matter, too many people finally ignore you over there?

Jakey sounds more like petey to me. They seem to be using a TIME SHARE vacancy between their ears these days. When one doesn't feel like typing....the other jumps in to keep the liberal propaganda stupidity alive.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-31-2018, 10:52 PM
Jakey sounds more like petey to me. They seem to be using a TIME SHARE vacancy between their ears these days. When one doesn't feel like typing....the other jumps in to keep the liberal propaganda stupidity alive.
It's leftist group think... sheeple... their echo chamber of bull shit and propaganda.

If one of them had an original thought I'd faint.

aboutime
05-31-2018, 10:57 PM
It's leftist group think... sheeple... their echo chamber of bull shit and propaganda.

If one of them had an original thought I'd faint.

They use everybody else's original thoughts as their own. Liars are good at it.

JakeStarkey
06-01-2018, 08:48 AM
And we see continuing personal attacks in lieu of discussion of the points.

A classic symptom of the far right.

:dance:

Gunny
06-01-2018, 09:40 AM
On that I have to vehemently disagree with you. It is not my opinion. We know where this entire thing started, the facts have been indisputably proven, and they don't support his absurd comments.

And on the contrary, what we are hearing from him, is HIS opinion.

I know some will defend him to the end, but you have to ask yourself, why has he done a 180? Why did he start out wondering about the fake dossier, and now he's acting as though it's a legitimate reason to have planted a spy in the Trump campaign? His actions and words are highly suspect...

Trey Gowdy’s Deeply Troubling Take on Spygate

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/05/30/trey-gowdys-deeply-troubling-take-on-spygate/What "we" think "we" know may not be supported by a shred of physical evidence. Problematical to the bad guys hiding being the law that decides what would "compromise security".

You're arguing apples-n-oranges. My OPINION is, as previously stated, the government should NOT be allowed to spy on a campaign. Nixon had to resign from office for doing it. BUT, they had hard evidence, facts, and witnesses.

My opinion is NOT the basis for a legal argument. Neither is Gowdy's. And most certainly not Rush's.

Let's not lose sight of the fact I thing the whole damned Russian collusion bullshit is bullshit. I think Mueller and anyone remotely connected should be investigated for defrauding the People of the US, The Congress of the US, and the US government in general. I think Mueller should be relieved for cause since he has displayed thoughout the investigation a partisan POV. Trump challenged the bureaucracy and they are going to put him in his place no matter how long it takes them nor after the millions they've spent so far how trivial the charge. I've made THAT argument since Bill Clinton. His REAL crime? Linda Tripp was part of the bureaucracy and Clinton had her gossipy fat ass moved to a less prestigious position and off the beaten path. Had he not messed with her, you wouldn't even know who Monica Lewinsky is.

Personal belief is not evidence.

Gunny
06-01-2018, 09:44 AM
And we see continuing personal attacks in lieu of discussion of the points.

A classic symptom of the far right.

:dance:You are more than welcome to address the issue and ignore anything you feel is not relevant to it rather than commenting. If the personal attacks BY ANYONE take over the thread it'll just get moved, or people thread-banned or some other administrative action which is really a pain in the ass and waste of time.

Let's try to keep the insults to a dull roar. And you ain't no cherry jake. The victim hat doesn't fit you very well.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-01-2018, 09:49 AM
What "we" think "we" know may not be supported by a shred of physical evidence. Problematical to the bad guys hiding being the law that decides what would "compromise security".

You're arguing apples-n-oranges. My OPINION is, as previously stated, the government should NOT be allowed to spy on a campaign. Nixon had to resign from office for doing it. BUT, they had hard evidence, facts, and witnesses.

My opinion is NOT the basis for a legal argument. Neither is Gowdy's. And most certainly not Rush's.

Let's not lose sight of the fact I thing the whole damned Russian collusion bullshit is bullshit. I think Mueller and anyone remotely connected should be investigated for defrauding the People of the US, The Congress of the US, and the US government in general. I think Mueller should be relieved for cause since he has displayed thoughout the investigation a partisan POV. Trump challenged the bureaucracy and they are going to put him in his place no matter how long it takes them nor after the millions they've spent so far how trivial the charge. I've made THAT argument since Bill Clinton. His REAL crime? Linda Tripp was part of the bureaucracy and Clinton had her gossipy fat ass moved to a less prestigious position and off the beaten path. Had he not messed with her, you wouldn't even know who Monica Lewinsky is.

Personal belief is not evidence.
I know all that, Gunny... and I'm sticking to the facts.

We agree but yet we're arguing... :laugh:

Gunny
06-01-2018, 10:28 AM
I know all that, Gunny... and I'm sticking to the facts.

We agree but yet we're arguing... :laugh:I've seen Gowdy since he WAS the DA of Spartanburg County, SC. He was on several episodes of Forensic Files back in the late 90's - Early 2000's when it first came on. STILL the best of those forensic shows, IMO, btw. I've seen a lot of clips of him in action in Congress.

He doesn't have "cave" in him. IF it was anyone BUT Gowdy, I might be more willing to buy off on it. I think his hands are tied legally.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-01-2018, 11:01 AM
I've seen Gowdy since he WAS the DA of Spartanburg County, SC. He was on several episodes of Forensic Files back in the late 90's - Early 2000's when it first came on. STILL the best of those forensic shows, IMO, btw. I've seen a lot of clips of him in action in Congress.

He doesn't have "cave" in him. IF it was anyone BUT Gowdy, I might be more willing to buy off on it. I think his hands are tied legally.
I just don't share your faith in him.

Gunny
06-01-2018, 11:48 AM
I just don't share your faith in him.Let's try this. I have a TS clearance. I think AT and CSM may as well. I could tell you sh*t that would make your eyelashes curl up and eyeballs roll back in your head, as I am sure AT & CSM could.

I can't. I've run across it on the boards MANY time where people were blowing smoke out their asses and I KNEW FOR A FACT they were, and I had to just stare at the screen and not say sh*t. It's made me look dumb at times.

The security of the nation overrides winning a pissing contest with an idiot on a message board. I don't even know anymore what is and isn't relevant, declassified or whatever. Last time I saw it, it was marked "CLASSIFIED" top and bottom in a big, you-can't-miss-it folder color coded by classification. As far as I'm concerned it still is.

I think that is the position Gowdy is in. Smile, play it off. The DOJ is going to use that "threat to National security and/or lives of the operatives" as long as they can get away with it. It's one of their favorite tactics and has been since forever to avoid scrutiny.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-01-2018, 12:01 PM
Let's try this. I have a TS clearance. I think AT and CSM may as well. I could tell you sh*t that would make your eyelashes curl up and eyeballs roll back in your head, as I am sure AT & CSM could.

I can't. I've run across it on the boards MANY time where people were blowing smoke out their asses and I KNEW FOR A FACT they were, and I had to just stare at the screen and not say sh*t. It's made me look dumb at times.

The security of the nation overrides winning a pissing contest with an idiot on a message board. I don't even know anymore what is and isn't relevant, declassified or whatever. Last time I saw it, it was marked "CLASSIFIED" top and bottom in a big, you-can't-miss-it folder color coded by classification. As far as I'm concerned it still is.

I think that is the position Gowdy is in. Smile, play it off. The DOJ is going to use that "threat to National security and/or lives of the operatives" as long as they can get away with it. It's one of their favorite tactics and has been since forever to avoid scrutiny.
I know all about security clearances. I had a secret clearance for 8 years. I read classified and secret information daily. You needed a secret clearance just to walk on the flight line, and even then you weren't allowed to sit in an air craft unless your line badge specified you had a need to, even with a TS clearance. I even signed a nondisclosure agreement with Harley Davidson because there's trade secrets about the design and function of them that's not to be divulged.

Still, Gowdy did a 180. I don't presume to know WHY, I just know he DID and now he's siding with the never Trumper establishment tools like Rubio and Graham, claiming that spying on the Trump campaign is all fine and dandy, and saying that Mueller should be protected. Now that may not raise red flags with you, but it does me.

Gunny
06-01-2018, 12:20 PM
I know all about security clearances. I had a secret clearance for 8 years. I read classified and secret information daily. You needed a secret clearance just to walk on the flight line, and even then you weren't allowed to sit in an air craft unless your line badge specified you had a need to, even with a TS clearance. I even signed a nondisclosure agreement with Harley Davidson because there's trade secrets about the design and function of them that's not to be divulged.

Still, Gowdy did a 180. I don't presume to know WHY, I just know he DID and now he's siding with the never Trumper establishment tools like Rubio and Graham, claiming that spying on the Trump campaign is all fine and dandy, and saying that Mueller should be protected. Now that may not raise red flags with you, but it does me.You're not seeing past your partisanship. He's not "siding" with anybody. If you legally cannot make a case against investigating Trump, there's nothing TO say except from the evidence presented, which is likely some BS about what the FBI knew and when, there's nothing else he CAN say.

That's not doing a 180. It's a statement of fact. You keep overlooking that part. There is no hard evidence that says otherwise and opinions and/or speculation doesn't count. It's not saying anything against Trump.

Like it or not, if the FBI obtains a warrant to watch your ass in this country, they can. And if they want one, they can get quite imaginative when applying for the warrant. They're pro's at it. They do it countless times daily and they know how to word them perfectly so nothing can come back on them. It's what they do.

If anything, it just proves even more to me what an out of control agency the DOJ/FBI is. They're above the law because the ARE the law. THEY need to be investigated but they've staved off every attempt at every turn because they know how to play the law.

Gunny
06-01-2018, 01:07 PM
I'll tell you one thing I WOULD do in Trump's position. I'd have the GAO and IRS crawling up every orifice remotely related to this farce, for bother expenditures on the Russian thing and personally.

You never know if somebody's paying these guys off, right? And I am CERTAIN it is something the American public would want to know :halo9:

What is the American public's return on its investment so far? Couple of process crimes that have nothing to do with any Russian collusion.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-01-2018, 01:17 PM
We're just going to have to disagree is all.

No problem. I think we've beaten this enough.

aboutime
06-01-2018, 06:42 PM
It doesn't matter what security clearances you, and I had. Gowdy, and the gang of 8 in Congress have high clearances that forbid them from disclosing classified information.

I was a radioman, and typed CLASSIFIED messages written by officers for nearly 20 years. I had a TS because I handled, and distributed TS information to FLAG OFFICERS as the CRYPTOLOGIC assistant to the Ops officer, as well as classified Keying material to three shifts of other radiomen who ran the busiest COMMUNICATIONS STATION...called NAVCAMSLANT in the 80's, for six years. So you being able to sit in an aircraft was obviously classified as well. But NOT EVEN GOWDY will brag about his information, obtained in those hearings.
Because we had security clearances makes no difference today. And the non-disclosure agreements OBVIOUSLY do not apply to the BIG MOUTH LEAKERS of the Obama, FBI, DNC, and Congress like ADAM SHIFF....
Finally. If you lost faith in Gowdy. That's your right to feel that way. But..because you disagree on one thing he said that made some angry....doesn't mean all of his GOOD WORK previously wasn't worthy of rewards for telling the truth.
See what I mean? I hope you do.
We need to remember what Rumsfeld said so well:
"You (they) don't know, what they don't know, they don't know!"