PDA

View Full Version : Twenty-Nine Hour Rudy is a Yankee

Joe Steel
08-21-2007, 05:11 AM
Twenty-nine Hour Rudy spent twice as much time at Yankee games as at Ground Zero.

Aug. 18, 2007 | On Friday, a New York Times story examined Rudy Giuliani's schedule in the months after 9/11 to verify his controversial claim that, like rescue workers, he'd spent long hours at ground zero, and so was "in that sense ... one of them." In fact, the Times found, he only spent 29 hours at the terror site between Sept. 17 and Dec. 16.

What was he doing instead? Giuliani's beloved New York Yankees made it to the World Series in 2001. We decided to compare the time he spent on baseball to the time he spent at the ruins of the World Trade Center.

The results were, considering the mayor's long-standing devotion to the Bronx Bombers, unsurprising. By our count, Giuliani spent about 58 hours at Yankees games or flying to them in the 40 days between Sept. 25 and Nov. 4, roughly twice as long as he spent at ground zero in the 90 days between Sept. 17 and Dec. 16. By his own standard, Giuliani was one of the Yankees more than he was one of the rescue workers.

After 9/11, Rudy wasn't a rescue worker -- he was a Yankee (http://www.rawstory.com/showoutarticle.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.salon.com% 2Fnews%2Ffeature%2F2007%2F08%2F18%2Frudy_yankees%2 F%3Fsource%3Dwhitelist)

Rudy Giuliani; the more you know him, the more you realize what a sleezeball he is.

Gunny
08-21-2007, 05:13 AM
Twenty-nine Hour Rudy spent twice as much time at Yankee games as at Ground Zero.

Rudy Giuliani; the more you know him, the more you realize what a sleezeball he is.

You would have preferred he was at the local church lighting candles and mourning?

Who cares?

Joe Steel
08-21-2007, 05:16 AM
You would have preferred he was at the local church lighting candles and mourning?

No. He should be going to Confession for his lying.

Gunny
08-21-2007, 05:29 AM

And YOU aren't at confession after just about every post WHY exactly?

Pale Rider
08-21-2007, 05:36 AM

I'd don't have any particular love for Giuliani, but this is utterly pathetic.

I'd think that after he spent 29 hours at the wreck site, the people there in charge probably told him to get the fuck otta there, that he couldn't do any more there. He could help them better from his office.

So he likes the ball team and supports them. SO - THE - FUCK - WHAT? SSSssshhhhHHHEEEEeeeezzzuzzz.... :uhoh:

08-21-2007, 05:37 AM

And how is he lying? what was he doing from say: September 11-17th? you know the days the tragedy happened and immediately following.

Oh yeah, He was at Ground Zero helping things out. trying to help direct rescues, emergencies, assessing damanges etc.

The man probably got less than 29 hours sleep that week.

But then its easy to criticize and provide no solutions isnt it? I may not be voting for Rudy in the Primary but you are going to have to hard time slandering the guy in front of me. Especially when you leave out the most important week out of your calculations.

Also, it may be difficult for you to understand, but that world series was pretty damn important to New Yorkers because of what happened in the weeks before. Reopening baseball was a sign to New Yorkers that life was going to return to normal (relatively speaking) that we are going to overcome it like we do everything. And him being there was a symbol of that.

And besides, Baseball is by far the greatest sport currently on earth. After that huge emergency, and the work done Mayor Guiliani and everyone else deserves to watch some baseball. even if it is the Yankees.

Oh, and your arguments would be more persuasive if you didnt have to leave out important information to prove your points.

Joe Steel
08-24-2007, 06:44 AM
And how is he lying? what was he doing from say: September 11-17th? you know the days the tragedy happened and immediately following.

Oh yeah, He was at Ground Zero helping things out. trying to help direct rescues, emergencies, assessing damanges etc.

The man probably got less than 29 hours sleep that week.

You don't understand much, do you.

Giuliani claimed he had spent so much time at the site, he felt he was one of the workers. In fact, during the time he claimed he was at the site, he actually spent so little time there (a mere 29 hours) that he spent almost twice as much time at Yankees games.

He was lying and trying to misrepresent his activites

But then its easy to criticize and provide no solutions isnt it? I may not be voting for Rudy in the Primary but you are going to have to hard time slandering the guy in front of me. Especially when you leave out the most important week out of your calculations.

Also, it may be difficult for you to understand, but that world series was pretty damn important to New Yorkers because of what happened in the weeks before. Reopening baseball was a sign to New Yorkers that life was going to return to normal (relatively speaking) that we are going to overcome it like we do everything. And him being there was a symbol of that.

And besides, Baseball is by far the greatest sport currently on earth. After that huge emergency, and the work done Mayor Guiliani and everyone else deserves to watch some baseball. even if it is the Yankees.

Oh, and your arguments would be more persuasive if you didnt have to leave out important information to prove your points.

This is incredible. You're so desperate for a hero, you're defending Giuliani's lies.

Abbey Marie
08-24-2007, 09:22 AM

Giuliani claimed he had spent so much time at the site, he felt he was one of the workers. In fact, during the time he claimed he was at the site, he actually spent so little time there (a mere 29 hours) that he spent almost twice as much time at Yankees games.

This is incredible. You're so desperate for a hero, you're defending Giuliani's lies.

As Avatar brought up, unless you can tell us how many hours he was there between the key dates of 9/11 and 9/17, your post is irrelevant.

We're waiting...

glockmail
08-24-2007, 09:46 AM

We're waiting... :popcorn: Another JoeSteel failure about to be witnessed.

nevadamedic
08-24-2007, 11:34 AM

How many hours did you spend at Ground Zero?

Abbey Marie
08-24-2007, 11:38 AM
I might add that as Mayor, he had umpteen other real responsibilties. I respect him for doing his job, instead of spending weeks having photo ops at Ground Zero. One of which is to build back the morale of a torn-apart city by showing that life must go on.

nevadamedic
08-24-2007, 11:42 AM

Another thing I should point out to you is that he couldn't spend every hour there moron he also had a city to run.

Do you realize the trauma people go through witnessing tragic events let alone a terrorist attack. People need a break as it can really get to you knowing you are probably walking on people under the rubble, there are over 3,000 of you fellow New Yorkers that are dead here, there are people that are trapped and you cant help and many many more thoughts go through your head. You have to get out of that enviornment to get your mind off of it or you will snap. Why do you think they kept doing concerts and other events for the rescue workers? Why not jump on them for taking a break instead of being at ground zero? Your a piece of shit.

glockmail
08-24-2007, 12:17 PM
JoeSteel ---> :fart: <--- Reality

08-24-2007, 12:37 PM

No honest person can claim he was lying when you leave out an entire week after 9/11 to calculate your claim.

Im not voting for Guiliani. The only reason I have for defending him is the fact that you are lying about his record by purposely ignoring information that doesnt fit your preconceived notions. When you lie about someone, you better believe that ill be there to correct it.

nevadamedic
08-24-2007, 12:46 PM
No honest person can claim he was lying when you leave out an entire week after 9/11 to calculate your claim.

Im not voting for Guiliani. The only reason I have for defending him is the fact that you are lying about his record by purposely ignoring information that doesnt fit your preconceived notions. When you lie about someone, you better believe that ill be there to correct it.

Im surprised Jimmy's not in here, he never passes up a chance to put Joe in his place, especially when he so blatently lies.

remie
08-24-2007, 01:38 PM
As Avatar brought up, unless you can tell us how many hours he was there between the key dates of 9/11 and 9/17, your post is irrelevant.

We're waiting...

And we are still waiting. Maybe Joe cant count that high.

DragonStryk72
08-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Okay, to be honest, though, one of the things you have to look at is the Giuliani is an Yankees fan, and yes, I can attest, there are fans for whom the Yanks making the World Series IS that important.

Aside from that, though, there was a reasoning behind his sudden upswing at Yankees games, the theater, and many other places around the city. You have to understand, when 9/11 happened, it happened in an area with 12 million people in it. Most New Yorkers wouldn't leave their homes after that, and when 12 million people stop going out, it has somewhat of an impact on the local economy.

Giuliani said during and after 9/11, that we need to get out, go catch movie, take the kids out to the theater, hit the ballpark. The whole point of him making sure to go be seen in public having a good time was to put New Yorkers at ease. No one that I know bleeds for NY as much as Giuliani does, he's born and bred New Yorker. You think he didn't wanna run and hide? That's the difficulty, is he needs to be the leader at that time, especially right in the moments just after the attack, when he got told that New York was on its own. How do you keep 12 million panicked people from going apeshit? With the familiar, and the Yanks are a part of New York, something integral to it that can, in the end, calm them down. I mean, seriously, if the Yanks and Mets are still playing, How bad could things really be?

nevadamedic
08-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Okay, to be honest, though, one of the things you have to look at is the Giuliani is an Yankees fan, and yes, I can attest, there are fans for whom the Yanks making the World Series IS that important.

Aside from that, though, there was a reasoning behind his sudden upswing at Yankees games, the theater, and many other places around the city. You have to understand, when 9/11 happened, it happened in an area with 12 million people in it. Most New Yorkers wouldn't leave their homes after that, and when 12 million people stop going out, it has somewhat of an impact on the local economy.

Giuliani said during and after 9/11, that we need to get out, go catch movie, take the kids out to the theater, hit the ballpark. The whole point of him making sure to go be seen in public having a good time was to put New Yorkers at ease. No one that I know bleeds for NY as much as Giuliani does, he's born and bred New Yorker. You think he didn't wanna run and hide? That's the difficulty, is he needs to be the leader at that time, especially right in the moments just after the attack, when he got told that New York was on its own. How do you keep 12 million panicked people from going apeshit? With the familiar, and the Yanks are a part of New York, something integral to it that can, in the end, calm them down. I mean, seriously, if the Yanks and Mets are still playing, How bad could things really be?

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Also look at the concerts he organized for the Rescue workers and everything else he did.

nevadamedic
08-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Does anyone remember what his first comment was after arriving at ground zero the day of the attacks?

DragonStryk72
08-24-2007, 02:29 PM
The city is going to survive, we are going to get through it, It's going to be very, very difficult time. I don't think we yet know the pain that we're going to feel when we find out who we lost, but the thing we have to focus on now is getting this city through this, and surviving and being stronger for it.
Rudy Giuliani

I remember the speech, cause I had to watch news all day. My sister worked in Tower 1, and my brother passed under the tower on his way to Regis, taking the PATH train over from Jersey, so until I heard from my family, that was really the only anchor point I had. It stands out in my mind, somewhat.

nevadamedic
08-24-2007, 02:39 PM
I remember the speech, cause I had to watch news all day. My sister worked in Tower 1, and my brother passed under the tower on his way to Regis, taking the PATH train over from Jersey, so until I heard from my family, that was really the only anchor point I had. It stands out in my mind, somewhat.

It was "Thank God George Bush Is Our President"

jimnyc
08-24-2007, 02:59 PM

Rudy Giuliani is certainly not my hero but that doesn't change the fact that you are wrong - again. So the man stated he was there so much that he felt like one of the workers? Do you have any idea how much death and destruction this man witnessed first hand? Do you know how often he was present when bodies were removed from the site? Do you know how many families he consoled?

I live in NY and was in the city on 9/11. It took me over 4 hours to get home that day when it would normally be about 1/2 an hour. I heard several updates from him on the radio before the smoke even thought of clearing. Then I watched him on all the local channels at least 3x per day for months afterwards as he updated the entire state on the ongoing efforts. I watched as he attended funeral after funeral after funeral. In between his running perhaps the largest city in America, his radio updates, TV updates, meeting with families, meeting with federal investigators & attending all the somber events - he still was present quite often at ground zero to get updates first hand and meet with the men leading the recovery efforts. Then he put on a brave face and relayed all he knew to the area as a LEADER. I wasn't a fan of Giuliani before that day but I sure as hell was afterwards. IMO, he was responsible for holding the city together, bringing us hope, courage and the will to move forward.

And yes, he found time to be in the Bronx to attend his beloved Yankees games. He showed the city that we would not bow down and life must go on. He showed he was a true New Yorker. He showed leadership when the city needed it most. Talk was going on throughout the city that many citizens wanted to make special arrangements for him to stay on-board when his term was over to see things through.

He may not have been a perfect husband. I disagree with a bit of his politics before that day. But as Mayor of NYC through one of the toughest events the city has ever faced, he handled it in a manner that was quite admirable.

Hell, I wasn't at ground zero for on single second. But with Giuliani's updates and the amount of exposure it received, "I" almost felt like I was there with the workers. Every person that responded there to assist was my hero, and Giuliani lead the effort.

nevadamedic
08-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Rudy Giuliani is certainly not my hero but that doesn't change the fact that you are wrong - again. So the man stated he was there so much that he felt like one of the workers? Do you have any idea how much death and destruction this man witnessed first hand? Do you know how often he was present when bodies were removed from the site? Do you know how many families he consoled?

I live in NY and was in the city on 9/11. It took me over 4 hours to get home that day when it would normally be about 1/2 an hour. I heard several updates from him on the radio before the smoke even thought of clearing. Then I watched him on all the local channels at least 3x per day for months afterwards as he updated the entire state on the ongoing efforts. I watched as he attended funeral after funeral after funeral. In between his running perhaps the largest city in America, his radio updates, TV updates, meeting with families, meeting with federal investigators & attending all the somber events - he still was present quite often at ground zero to get updates first hand and meet with the men leading the recovery efforts. Then he put on a brave face and relayed all he knew to the area as a LEADER. I wasn't a fan of Giuliani before that day but I sure as hell was afterwards. IMO, he was responsible for holding the city together, bringing us hope, courage and the will to move forward.

And yes, he found time to be in the Bronx to attend his beloved Yankees games. He showed the city that we would not bow down and life must go on. He showed he was a true New Yorker. He showed leadership when the city needed it most. Talk was going on throughout the city that many citizens wanted to make special arrangements for him to stay on-board when his term was over to see things through.

He may not have been a perfect husband. I disagree with a bit of his politics before that day. But as Mayor of NYC through one of the toughest events the city has ever faced, he handled it in a manner that was quite admirable.

Hell, I wasn't at ground zero for on single second. But with Giuliani's updates and the amount of exposure it received, "I" almost felt like I was there with the workers. Every person that responded there to assist was my hero, and Giuliani lead the effort.

Wow, I bet Joe won't respond to that or if he does it will be an attack since he cant argue the points several people have made.

Joe Steel
08-25-2007, 05:09 AM
I'd don't have any particular love for Giuliani, but this is utterly pathetic.

I'd think that after he spent 29 hours at the wreck site, the people there in charge probably told him to get the fuck otta there, that he couldn't do any more there. He could help them better from his office.

So he likes the ball team and supports them. SO - THE - FUCK - WHAT? SSSssshhhhHHHEEEEeeeezzzuzzz.... :uhoh:

I'll tell you what's pathetic.

It's all you toadies defending a poser like Giuliani. This guy didn't do anything but strut around wearing fire department cap and you think he's some kind of hero.

That's pathetic.

Joe Steel
08-25-2007, 05:14 AM
Rudy Giuliani is certainly not my hero but that doesn't change the fact that you are wrong - again.

Sorry, no.

The linked article documented Giuliani's activities; 29 hours at the WTC site and 58 hours at Yankee games. According to Rudy "The Poser" Giuliani's logic, he's more of a Yankee than a rescue worker.

Joe Steel
08-25-2007, 05:16 AM
Wow, I bet Joe won't respond to that or if he does it will be an attack since he cant argue the points several people have made.

You have to get one thing straight. You guys almost never have "points." You just have spin. The plain fact is, Giuliani is misrepresenting his activities. Spinning the misrepresentations is not making points.

jimnyc
08-25-2007, 05:24 AM
Sorry, no.

The linked article documented Giuliani's activities; 29 hours at the WTC site and 58 hours at Yankee games. According to Rudy "The Poser" Giuliani's logic, he's more of a Yankee than a rescue worker.

You have to get one thing straight. You guys almost never have "points." You just have spin. The plain fact is, Giuliani is misrepresenting his activities. Spinning the misrepresentations is not making points.

He misrepresented nothing. He stated he felt like one of the workers since he spent so much time there. How is that misrepresented? And even if he did spend 29 hours at ground zero, how many hours did he spend at funerals? How many hours did he spend meeting with leaders? How many hours did he spend updating the city on the recovery efforts? I don't care if the man LIVED at Yankee Stadium when he wasn't at ground zero. He still handled the aftermath admirably and the entire nation took notice at the time.

You're putting down a man that spent 29 hours at ground zero according to your story. What did YOU do to assist in the aftermath of 9/11 that puts you in the position to judge what others did there or to assist the city?

jimnyc
08-25-2007, 05:45 AM
Anyone who questions Rudy Giuliani's efforts in NYC after 9/11 should read this article that was in time magazine... I'll post a few snippets from throughout the article and link to the entire story as it's quite lengthy.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Sixteen hours had passed since the Twin Towers crumbled and fell, and people kept telling Rudy Giuliani to get some rest. The indomitable mayor of New York City had spent the day and night holding his town together. He arrived at the World Trade Center just after the second plane hit, watched human beings drop from the sky and--when the south tower imploded--nearly got trapped inside his makeshift command center near the site. Then he led a battered platoon of city officials, reporters and civilians north through the blizzard of ash and smoke, and a detective jimmied open the door to a firehouse so the mayor could revive his government there. Giuliani took to the airwaves to calm and reassure his people, made a few hundred rapid-fire decisions about the security and rescue operations, toured hospitals to comfort the families of the missing and made four more visits to the apocalyptic attack scene.

With the President out of sight for most of that day, Giuliani became the voice of America. Every time he spoke, millions of people felt a little better. His words were full of grief and iron, inspiring New York to inspire the nation. "Tomorrow New York is going to be here," he said. "And we're going to rebuild, and we're going to be stronger than we were before...I want the people of New York to be an example to the rest of the country, and the rest of the world, that terrorism can't stop us."
Fate had another idea. When the day of infamy came, Giuliani seized it as if he had been waiting for it all his life, taking on half a dozen critical roles and performing each masterfully. Improvising on the fly, he became America's homeland-security boss, giving calm, informative briefings about the attacks and the extraordinary response. He was the gutsy decision maker, balancing security against symbolism, overruling those who wanted to keep the city buttoned up tight, pushing key institutions--from the New York Stock Exchange to Major League Baseball--to reopen and prove that New Yorkers were getting on with life. He was the crisis manager, bringing together scores of major players from city, state and federal governments for marathon daily meetings that got everyone working together. And he was the consoler in chief, strong enough to let his voice brim with pain, compassion and love. When he said "the number of casualties will be more than any of us can bear," he showed a side of himself most people had never seen.

Giuliani's performance ensures that he will be remembered as the greatest mayor in the city's history, eclipsing even his hero, Fiorello La Guardia, who guided Gotham through the Great Depression. Giuliani's eloquence under fire has made him a global symbol of healing and defiance. World leaders from Vladimir Putin to Nelson Mandela to Tony Blair have come to New York to tour ground zero by his side. French President Jacques Chirac dubbed him "Rudy the Rock." As Jenkins, author of the biography that inspired Giuliani on the night of Sept. 11, told TIME, "What Giuliani succeeded in doing is what Churchill succeeded in doing in the dreadful summer of 1940: he managed to create an illusion that we were bound to win."
In the end it was Giuliani's performance on and after Sept. 11 that broke down those barriers, demonstrating once and for all how much he cared about New Yorkers, even if he had not always been able to show it. After Sept. 11, a good many Rudy watchers assumed he had changed--a rigid, self-righteous man had morphed into a big-hearted empath--but Giuliani's friends and aides say his warm side has always been there. Outsiders just couldn't see it. Countless times in the past eight years, he has sat at the bedside of an injured or dying cop or fire fighter, gently broken the awful news to the family, even remembered a widow's name years later. The public never saw these moments because the press was not there. Giuliani, so famously thirsty for attention, did away with the custom of holding mayoral press conferences at police funerals; he felt it was unseemly. "I've known him since he was 13. He's a hugger and a kisser. He always has been," says Monsignor Alan Placa, a Long Island cleric who remains one of the mayor's closest friends. "If the story is that he's changed, it's just the wrong story."
Giuliani has attended close to 200 funerals, services and wakes for police officers, fire fighters and emergency workers who died on Sept. 11, and each time he has offered a variation on the theme that "what could have destroyed us made us stronger," thanks to the heroes "who turned the worst attack on American soil into the most successful rescue operation in American history," with perhaps 20,000 civilian lives saved. At the police funerals, he points out that Sept. 11 succeeded in silencing the N.Y.P.D.'s critics and laments that it cost so many lives to do so. Giuliani had hoped to attend services for all 23 cops and 343 fire fighters lost that day, but that was impossible. He had felt that attending the services might help the survivors, show them how much the city honored their loss. He hadn't realized how much the funerals would help him.

08-25-2007, 06:18 AM
Sorry, no.

HELLO!?! Are you just stupid? You still refuse to acknowledge that you arent even addressing the freaking week of 9/11! You cant purposely leave out the most critical weak and expect anyone to take your claim seriously! Unless of course you are stupid. Which seems to be the case.

08-25-2007, 06:21 AM

It's all you toadies defending a poser like Giuliani. This guy didn't do anything but strut around wearing fire department cap and you think he's some kind of hero.

That's pathetic.

What's pathetic is you have to lie to make your points? And when your lies are pointed out you pretend the other guy is pathetic.

What kind of pathetic loser has to lie to make his case and doesnt have the balls to admit it when he is caught?

Gunny
08-25-2007, 09:05 AM

That's pathetic.

Talk about spin. Who says he's a "hero"? I would have LOVED to see you manage a disaster the magnitude of 9/11. Then it would be Joe Steel 2 hours at WTC, 85 hours hiding in closet at home.

Gaffer
08-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Let's see, he had 58 hours watching baseball games. That's 58 hours spent from April until September. As he's a Yankees fan and probably gets free seating, I'm sure he took advantage of that and watched as many games as possible. But 58 hours out of 6 months is really not that much. And how much time he spent at ground zero is irrelevant. He was coordinating the cities efforts and his location was not important. What he did is what's important.

I don't think he would make a good president as he's too liberal. Slamming him based on an article that is aimed at making him look bad is low. As low as the original author of the article. Someone taking a cheap shot at a man who is not likely to get the nomination.

Abbey Marie
08-25-2007, 10:38 AM
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/3091203/2/istockphoto_3091203_sand_head_stand.jpg

nevadamedic
08-25-2007, 11:20 AM

How many hours were you at Ground Zero asshole? You seem to avoid that question as your trying to attack somone who did more for his City and our country in a matter of a few weeks then you have done in your whole life. I think your just jealous of what he has accomplished and that you realize that you will never amount to shit.

nevadamedic
08-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Anyone who questions Rudy Giuliani's efforts in NYC after 9/11 should read this article that was in time magazine... I'll post a few snippets from throughout the article and link to the entire story as it's quite lengthy.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ouch, that had to hurt. :laugh2:

OCA
08-25-2007, 11:23 AM
How many hours were you at Ground Zero asshole? You seem to avoid that question as your trying to attack somone who did more for his City and our country in a matter of a few weeks then you have done in your whole life. I think your just jealous of what he has accomplished and that you realize that you will never amount to shit.

What did Rudy do for the country?

I mean he kept his city together, yeah that was cool, but other than supporting the killing of innocent children, supporting the repeal of the 2nd amendment and supporting "special rights" for people based upon a lifestyle choice what has he done?

nevadamedic
08-25-2007, 11:28 AM
Let's see, he had 58 hours watching baseball games. That's 58 hours spent from April until September. As he's a Yankees fan and probably gets free seating, I'm sure he took advantage of that and watched as many games as possible. But 58 hours out of 6 months is really not that much. And how much time he spent at ground zero is irrelevant. He was coordinating the cities efforts and his location was not important. What he did is what's important.

I don't think he would make a good president as he's too liberal. Slamming him based on an article that is aimed at making him look bad is low. As low as the original author of the article. Someone taking a cheap shot at a man who is not likely to get the nomination.

I think quite a few of those hours at the game were during the filming of the movie Anger Managment with Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson(I think it's Sandlers best movie to date). Im sure they spent a good 8-10 hours there that day. That movie was to be based in San Francisco but Giuliani heard about it from his friendship with Sandler and convinced him to move production to New York(helping the economy) and putting some positive focus on NYC. Of course one of the ending scenes was at a completly packed Yankee Stadium which sent a good message.

nevadamedic
08-25-2007, 11:31 AM
What did Rudy do for the country?

I mean he kept his city together, yeah that was cool, but other than supporting the killing of innocent children, supporting the repeal of the 2nd amendment and supporting "special rights" for people based upon a lifestyle choice what has he done?

He held this country together. He showed we were able to over come this and whatever else happens. He was the face of our Nation for a long time. That man gave people across America hope.

OCA
08-25-2007, 11:33 AM
He held this country together. He showed we were able to over come this and whatever else happens. He was the face of our Nation for a long time. That man gave people across America hope.

He was not the face of the nation, he was the face of NYC.

Quit trying to push ultralibs down people's throats.

OCA
08-25-2007, 11:34 AM
Rudy Giuliani is a lib who supports abortion on demand, more anti-gun owner laws and queer rights.

If there is a God he will not get the nomination.

nevadamedic
08-25-2007, 11:43 AM
Rudy Giuliani is a lib who supports abortion on demand, more anti-gun owner laws and queer rights.

If you know anything about the man you will know he personally is against abortion as it's immoral. He also has programs to help lower Abortion rates like his adoption program which lowered the amount of abortions in NYC drastically. He has done more to stop abortion then any candidate on the block.

OCA
08-25-2007, 11:46 AM
If you know anything about the man you will know he personally is against abortion as it's immoral. He also has programs to help lower Abortion rates like his adoption program which lowered the amount of abortions in NYC drastically. He has done more to stop abortion then any candidate on the block.

Personally against but publicly in favor.........sounds like a flip flop to me.

What worked in a city won't work across the country.

Anyway it don't matter...........get ready for President Clinton, its a lock.

OCA
08-25-2007, 11:50 AM
Rudy Giuliani on Abortion

Pro-choice; no ban on partial-birth abortions
“I’m pro-choice. I’m pro-gay rights,” Giuliani said. He was then asked whether he supports a ban on what critics call partial-birth abortions. “No, I have not supported that, and I don’t see my position on that changing,” he responded.
Source: CNN.com, “Inside Politics” Dec 2, 1999

http://www.ontheissues.org/Celeb/Rudy_Giuliani_Abortion.htm

08-25-2007, 03:22 PM

There is a God, but He tends to let people have what they want.

Gunny
08-27-2007, 07:48 PM

You exaggerate his improtance. He held his city together, not this nation. And I don't care what his personal beliefs are ... I care how he VOTES and/or what he'll sign.

nevadamedic
08-27-2007, 07:52 PM
You exaggerate his improtance. He held his city together, not this nation. And I don't care what his personal beliefs are ... I care how he VOTES and/or what he'll sign.

Ok then, what are the actual chances that he will have to vote on the Abortion or Gay Marriage issue while in office?