PDA

View Full Version : Jury Duty

Abbey Marie
05-31-2018, 01:42 PM
Up at 6:30, arrived at courthouse at 7:45, checked in to jury assembly room at 8:15, sat for 4 hours reading and dozing off (complete with drool, lol). Dismissed at 12:30.
Civic duty complete!

(I was hoping to be picked, btw).

aboutime
05-31-2018, 02:32 PM
Ya only get that one chance in life to do it. I hoped I would be picked too, about 2 years ago.
The Defense lawyer didn't want me there for a drug/gun charge..I suspect, because of my age, and the prosecutor seemed to want me there. But..the Judge discharged me...$40.00 richer in the next week.:laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
05-31-2018, 04:37 PM
Never done it, wouldn't want to.

Gunny
05-31-2018, 05:30 PM
Ya only get that one chance in life to do it. I hoped I would be picked too, about 2 years ago.
The Defense lawyer didn't want me there for a drug/gun charge..I suspect, because of my age, and the prosecutor seemed to want me there. But..the Judge discharged me...$40.00 richer in the next week.:laugh:The prosecutor definitely wanted me and the defense picked me first as a cut :laugh:

Was it my boots, western shirt, buckle and Wranglers you think :dunno:

I DIDN'T want to be picked and I played the redneck clothes to the max.

They flat lie to you here. They say they don't choose only homeowners. I've been hit up 3 times all during the only period I owned a home here. I'm sitting around not doing crap and not a peep out of them.

Abbey Marie
05-31-2018, 05:51 PM
Here in little Delaware, they get names from voter registration, DMV records, and something else I can’t recall. If they used only home ownership here, the results would probably be somewhat skewed racially.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-31-2018, 05:58 PM
I've been hit up 3 times....
My son would always say "hit me up," and I'd always feign a swing at him.

He quit saying it... :rolleyes: