PDA

View Full Version : US demands of NK

jimnyc
05-31-2018, 01:46 PM
This is what I've said all along too, good stance.

---

U.S. Demanding 'Complete, Verifiable, Irreversible Denuclearization' from North Korea, Says Official

WASHINGTON -- A senior State Department official said the U.S. is still looking for "CVID – complete, verifiable, irreversible denuclearization" from dictator Kim Jong-un, "and in order for a summit to be successful, the North Koreans have to do things that they have not done before."

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is meeting today at the Palace hotel in New York with Kim's deputy Kim Yong-chul, former head of North Korea's main intelligence service. Last night they dined on filet mignon together.

In a background briefing with reporters Wednesday, the official characterized the meeting as "the two top dogs on each side" feeling out whether a Kim-Trump summit in two weeks is feasible.

Denuclearization, which the North Koreans have said won't happen, is "where we’re beginning a negotiation," the official said.

"Between now and if we’re going to have a summit, they’re going to have to make clear what they’re willing to do," the official said, and the decision to move forward or not "is 100 percent in the hands of the president, and the president can make a fly-or-no-fly decision."

"We want to see if we have the makings of a successful summit... We had discussions. I won’t go into the details of those for obvious reasons, but in similar types of discussions, we lay out what we expect to have happen, and the other side lays out what they expect."

The official added that "as I think the president has made clear and Secretary Pompeo has made clear, the North Koreans have defined what they want as security, and they have determined some years ago that security could be found with nuclear weapons. What we have to convince them is that, on the contrary, their nuclear program has made them less secure, that there’s a better path forward, that we can work with them. We’re willing to work with them to provide them the security guarantees they feel they need, and in fact, we’re willing to go beyond that to help them have greater economic prosperity. But they have to denuclearize."

The U.S. is "looking for something historic" to come out of the process, the official continued, "and be it for whatever reason the North Koreans say they’re not ready to do something like that ... we will ramp up the pressure on them and we’ll be ready for the day that hopefully they are."

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/u-s-demanding-complete-verifiable-irreversible-denuclearization-from-north-korea-says-official/

High_Plains_Drifter
05-31-2018, 06:24 PM
The democrat propaganda wing will just accuse president Trump of bullying poor little peaceful pie face.

JakeStarkey
05-31-2018, 06:40 PM
I truly hope NK will completely denuclearize, but I doubt that will happen: hope I am wrong.

Drummond
05-31-2018, 08:35 PM
I truly hope NK will completely denuclearize, but I doubt that will happen: hope I am wrong.

If anyone can arrange it, I believe Trump can.

I think that the North Korean regime only takes notice of those who take them on from a position of clear strength of purpose. Obama had none, and was therefore derelict in his duty. We saw the result: North Korea proceeding to arm and refine its nuclear capabilities, unimpeded.

But Trump has spoken a 'diplomatic' language that Jong-Un understands. He has been more responsive as a result. Possibly unreliably so, but, if anyone can force Jong-Un to sit up and take notice of reality, Trump can.

JakeStarkey
05-31-2018, 09:36 PM
I don't think Un is afraid of Trump, but he is wary of Trump's instability.

I do think Moon has Un's ear far more than does Trump.

Are Moon and Un "conspiring" for a joint resolution acceptable to the two Koreas and they are using Singapore as kabuki theatre to disguise what they are up to?

High_Plains_Drifter
05-31-2018, 10:26 PM

Are Moon and Un "conspiring" for a joint resolution acceptable to the two Koreas and they are using Singapore as kabuki theatre to disguise what they are up to?
I don't think the inbred pie faced retard is afraid of anything.

But he does know how much RICHER he can be if he agrees to denuclearize. He'd like to have all the toys like all the other tin pan world dictators, fancy cars, yacht, house in Paris... he knows he can milk his nation even more... just watch. If a deal goes through and sanctions are lifted and he gets rid of his rockets and the money starts flowing in, it's not going to go to the people of NOKO. The next thing the nations of this world will be on his ass about is human rights.

aboutime
05-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Are just like nearly every Democrat member of Congress. They all would prefer Trump fail than allow America to succeed...and expose all of the Liberal Hatred, Stupidity, and Ignorance for ALL THE WORLD TO SEE.

Little Rocket Man is now showing more Intelligence than Chucky Cheese Schumer, and Four knee, Nancy Pelosi at a DNC Kool-aid Drink-a-Thon where cesspool water flows like Clinton Lies.

JakeStarkey
06-01-2018, 08:52 AM
^^^ What a silly statement.

All Americans want a sane, denuclearized NK.

I think that Kim and Moon are joined at the hip in awareness that Trump could burn down their peninsula and scores of millions of Koreans.

They are, I believe, holding joint discussions secretly deciding how to detach Korea from the East and the West, and make it a major nation state with the North's nukes and population coupled to the institutions and economic power house of the South.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-01-2018, 08:55 AM
^^^ What a silly statement.

All Americans want a sane, denuclearized NK.

I think that Kim and Moon are joined at the hip in awareness that Trump could burn down their peninsula and scores of millions of Koreans.

They are, I believe, holding joint discussions secretly deciding how to detach Korea from the East and the West, and make it a major nation state with the North's nukes and population coupled to the institutions and economic power house of the South.
I think that's probably a pretty good assessment.

I think we should close our base(s) in SOKO if this deal goes through and be done with the Koreas, period.

JakeStarkey
06-01-2018, 09:10 AM
I agree.

Bring our troops home as soon as feasible once an agreement is reached.

Gunny
06-01-2018, 09:56 AM

Are Moon and Un "conspiring" for a joint resolution acceptable to the two Koreas and they are using Singapore as kabuki theatre to disguise what they are up to?Does it matter? China could be behind it for all we REALLY know. IF Trump gets what he wants, who cares?

I used to think Trump was unstable. I don't see it based on his actions. Agree with his game or not, he's playing a standard MO he's used more than once. Nixon got N Vietnam to the table by being presented by Kissinger and presenting himself as unstable when he was nothing of the sort.

On the other hand, I've disagreed with Trump's tactics from the beginning on NK and win, lose or draw, I STILL wouldn't risk what he has running a bluff that if called, he's f*cked. We can't just invade NK if Un doesn't agree to Trump's terms. We can't just nuke NK if Un doesn't agree to Trump's terms. M o matter what all the warmongers think, we just can't. Unless we want to risk war with China, Russia and anyone they can drag in on their coattails. We don't have the manpower to fight a conventional war with either, much less both. Superior technology will go only so far.

So far it's worked. That in and of itself tells me the little goon isn't acting on his own. Somebody's thinking for him. Again, if Trump gets what he wants, guess we'll find out what Un's or whoever's pulling his strings end game is soon enough

FakeNewsSux
06-01-2018, 01:36 PM
Does it matter? China could be behind it for all we REALLY know. IF Trump gets what he wants, who cares?

I used to think Trump was unstable. I don't see it based on his actions. Agree with his game or not, he's playing a standard MO he's used more than once. Nixon got N Vietnam to the table by being presented by Kissinger and presenting himself as unstable when he was nothing of the sort.

On the other hand, I've disagreed with Trump's tactics from the beginning on NK and win, lose or draw, I STILL wouldn't risk what he has running a bluff that if called, he's f*cked. We can't just invade NK if Un doesn't agree to Trump's terms. We can't just nuke NK if Un doesn't agree to Trump's terms. M o matter what all the warmongers think, we just can't. Unless we want to risk war with China, Russia and anyone they can drag in on their coattails. We don't have the manpower to fight a conventional war with either, much less both. Superior technology will go only so far.

So far it's worked. That in and of itself tells me the little goon isn't acting on his own. Somebody's thinking for him. Again, if Trump gets what he wants, guess we'll find out what Un's or whoever's pulling his strings end game is soon enough

Good analysis Gunny, but I do believe there are interim steps short of invasion or nuclear exchange if the talks break down. If it is China that is pulling the strings, (which I believe is and has always been the case) then an appropriate response to both NK and China would be to immediately announce discussions with Taiwan and Japan to install missile defense systems to counter Kim's ballistic missile threat. If this doesn't reset the talks then announce our intention to base theater nukes in SK simply as a response to NK's belligerence and solely for defensive purposes. Either one of these scenarios would be totally unacceptable to China but would be presented as responses to NK aggression so China could save face if it responds by pressuring Kim to come to an agreement with the US.