PDA

View Full Version : Bee needs to be swatted after comments about Ivanka

gabosaurus
05-31-2018, 02:56 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2018/may/31/samantha-bee-ivanka-trump-late-night-tv

Ivanka Trump is not the POTUS. She might be due some criticism, but her family should be out of bounds.
Samantha Bee has never been funny. She tries to be the liberal Ann Coulter, an unrestrained attack dog. She fails miserably on all count.
If TBS doesn't cancel her show, they have failed as a TV station.

High_Plains_Drifter
05-31-2018, 04:35 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2018/may/31/samantha-bee-ivanka-trump-late-night-tv

Ivanka Trump is not the POTUS. She might be due some criticism, but her family should be out of bounds.
Samantha Bee has never been funny. She tries to be the liberal Ann Coulter, an unrestrained attack dog. She fails miserably on all count.
*PINCHING SELF* to see if I'm dreamin... I agree with you 100%.

Drummond
05-31-2018, 05:36 PM
*PINCHING SELF* to see if I'm dreamin... I agree with you 100%.

... Ditto ...

SO, Gabby !!! This is amazing.

It seems clear that you think there are 'no-go' areas, where the Left shouldn't launch its attacks. It's surprising. I'd have expected you to have supported, applauded, whatever, ANY attacks on Trump, his Government, his family, his supporters, even his pet dog (.. if he has one ?). Being in any way connected with Trump, even via pet ownership, is surely more than enough for you to dish out vitriol ?

... but .... NO ... it appears not !!

Seriously. Don't you, therefore, agree that the extent of the attacks the Left dishes out is way beyond anything supportable ? Don't you think the Left's behaviour earns it a reputation for disreputability, just on these grounds, alone ?

Gunny
05-31-2018, 05:54 PM

If TBS doesn't cancel her show, they have failed as a TV station.TBS failed as a tv station a LONG time ago. They had a better lineup back in the 70s - early 80s with 2 hours of NWA Pro wrestling.

Abbey Marie
05-31-2018, 05:55 PM
I agree, Gabby, and thank you for not ​even vaguely referencing that vile putrid word.

KarlMarx
06-01-2018, 12:31 PM
I have to hand it to you, Gabby. You’re right on the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunny
06-01-2018, 01:09 PM
Y'all are going to scare Gabby off being nice to her. Just sayin' :whistling2:

JakeStarkey
06-01-2018, 01:17 PM
Both Bee and Barr ought to be smacked.

They are not nearly as bad as Cosby, but their comments are just crappily stupid. The same with Griffin.

Elessar
06-01-2018, 01:52 PM

Thanks Gabby!

Media should leave the family alone.

I never have said a bad word about Obama's children or even Clinton's daughter.

That is HANDS OFF!

Gunny
06-01-2018, 01:56 PM
Liz does not say that particular word, and it's bleeped when Bee says it. I just think everyone should see EXACTLY what Bee said. It's WAY more offensive than I thought.

Abbey Marie
06-01-2018, 03:29 PM
I think we knew, Gunny. I’d prefer we not put it on here like that.

Black Diamond
06-01-2018, 03:41 PM
I think we knew, Gunny. I’d prefer we not put it on here like that.
Apparently some people didn't know the difference if they are equating the two.

Then there is Sally Field..

I won't post her tweet. It might just take the cake.

Black Diamond
06-01-2018, 03:43 PM
Apparently some people didn't know the difference if they are equating the two.

Then there is Sally Field..

I won't post her tweet. It might just take the cake.
and the media is loving on Sally field.

gabosaurus
06-01-2018, 03:50 PM
Samantha Bee has never been funny. Like I said, she is nothing but a second-rate attack dog.
Same goes with Roseanne Barr. She has never been funny. Her show has never been funny. I am surprised that conservatives care for her know her past viewpoints on morality (or lack of such).

Gunny
06-01-2018, 04:25 PM
I think we knew, Gunny. I’d prefer we not put it on here like that.I took it off. Just yapping about it has a lot less impact than actually seeing it, and Liz Wheeler's response. And no, we DIDN'T know. I had and have no idea who Samantha Bee is.

I tired to post just the link but it's a youtube video and jim has the board set to automatically post the video if just the link is posted. Which I DO like. This one time it's a pain though.

I abhor that word and have used it about once every 20 years for REALLY special people. I'm not sure one tasteless word is worth missing the message.

Abbey Marie
06-01-2018, 07:29 PM
I took it off. Just yapping about it has a lot less impact than actually seeing it, and Liz Wheeler's response. And no, we DIDN'T know. I had and have no idea who Samantha Bee is.

I tired to post just the link but it's a youtube video and jim has the board set to automatically post the video if just the link is posted. Which I DO like. This one time it's a pain though.

I abhor that word and have used it about once every 20 years for REALLY special people. I'm not sure one tasteless word is worth missing the message.

And anyone who didn’t know what was said can easily look it up. As for Bee, I didn’t know who she was either.

Gunny
06-01-2018, 07:53 PM
And anyone who didn’t know what was said can easily look it up. As for Bee, I didn’t know who she was either.These "off" channels are political as all get out. The Comedy Channel that Trevor Noah idiot doing the Daily Show now and they have or had a show on where characters lampoon Trump, the VP and Trump's family.

Some of it's funny but the underlying reason is not.

I guess Gabby says Bee's on TBS. Conan is. I don't watch him. I think channels known for showing over and over again the crappiest comedy movies and sitcoms of the 80s probably aren't much in touch with what the people want anyway. I can still remember when TBS was a pretty good channel. In the 80s.

Gunny
06-01-2018, 08:13 PM
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44334136

This is a good read. And c'mon, it's a Brit paper, the dirty word is left out and barely even touched on. It does provided more info. Brit articles are always packed full of stuff :laugh:

Trump weighs in. Melania weighs in.

Then some Brit weighs in about why Trump commented on Bee but not Roseanne's racist remark. MY easy answer to THAT is Ivanka is his daughter and Roseanne is not.

TBS weighs in. Bee lost 2 sponsors, one being State Farm. The other is some used car dealer :laugh:

Bee's lame-of-the-lame apology is in it.

And :laugh2: Roseanne distancing herself from Bee is in it.

aboutime
06-01-2018, 08:32 PM
I found TWO photo's of Samantha Bee WITHOUT MAKUP...

http://images-mediawiki-sites.thefullwiki.org/10/2/2/3/19214342548836372.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f6/35/67/f63567760ee9c133c7a1ccd8aa20d720.jpg

And in both, she reminded me of this:
http://yournationnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Hillary-Clinton-One-Ugly-Bitch.jpg

gabosaurus
06-02-2018, 10:00 AM
I can always tell when a comment goes over aboutime's head. He responds with his cartoons and memes and little else. :rolleyes:

I call things as I see them. I was banned from DU twice for slapping down the Clintons. I would have voted Republican in the 2016 election if they would have put up a decent candidate. I have always been anti-Hillary, anti-Maxine Waters and anti-Pelosi. I am also very anti-Trump.
I don't watch Fox or MSNBC. I like reading the news. I don't read right-wing blogs or left-wing blogs.
You have to peek out from behind the curtain occasionally.

Gunny
06-02-2018, 10:17 AM
I can always tell when a comment goes over aboutime's head. He responds with his cartoons and memes and little else. :rolleyes:

I call things as I see them. I was banned from DU twice for slapping down the Clintons. I would have voted Republican in the 2016 election if they would have put up a decent candidate. I have always been anti-Hillary, anti-Maxine Waters and anti-Pelosi. I am also very anti-Trump.
I don't watch Fox or MSNBC. I like reading the news. I don't read right-wing blogs or left-wing blogs.
You have to peek out from behind the curtain occasionally.I just tore the curtain down. I was trying to work on my tan. It was blocking my sun :smoke:

aboutime
06-04-2018, 09:54 PM

You have to peek out from behind the curtain occasionally.

As I just told your loving idiot brother petey. MEME'S are all you and he are worth. Your ignorance, and stupidity precede both of you coming here. Just like GARBAGE IN-GARBAGE OUT.