PDA

View Full Version : Pres. Trump Considering Killing NAFTA, Creating 2 Separate Deals

Gunny
06-02-2018, 09:48 AM
OAN NewsroomUPDATED (http://www.oann.com/pres-trump-considering-killing-nafta-creating-2-separate-deals/#) 7:10 AM PT – Sat. June 2, 2018President Trump signals he may eliminate the NAFTA agreement entirely and negotiate two separate deals with Canada and Mexico.
The president told reporters Friday he is considering drafting two separate deals, one with Canada and another with Mexico.

He said the two countries are completely different, and therefore a combined trade deal does not work.
The president slammed NAFTA as one of the worst deals in U.S. history, adding the U.S. is losing billions to our neighbors.
This comes as Canada, Mexico, and the EU have all voiced outrage over the Trump administration’s recently imposed tariffs on steel and aluminum imports.
In response, President Trump said our allies have been taking advantage of the American worker for decades and it needs to stop.
http://www.oann.com/pres-trump-considering-killing-nafta-creating-2-separate-deals/

This actually makes sense to me. I have no idea what we get from Canada besides Dollar General and Family Dollar. Some pharmaceuticals I think.

All I know of that we get from Mexico is Illegals, cocaine, pot, whatever other drugs they can foist on us and cheap Ford parts. NAFTA allows their smoke-belching vehicles to tool right on over while ours have to have emissions controls. We got enough people here that know how to make tortillas and run bare, exposed, ungrounded wire for electricity. Should build a mile-wide moat from Brownsville to San Ysidro with a 1/2 mile cement flat top from the water inland and armed guards every 50 yards.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-02-2018, 06:20 PM
http://www.oann.com/pres-trump-considering-killing-nafta-creating-2-separate-deals/

This actually makes sense to me. I have no idea what we get from Canada besides Dollar General and Family Dollar. Some pharmaceuticals I think.
That's who runs those damn things?

They built one of those here in town. I don't know how they stay open because the parking lot is usually empty. Freakin' thing is jammed full of chinese crap. I was buying eggs there because I don't like the generic brand at the grocery store.

Gunny
06-02-2018, 06:43 PM
That's who runs those damn things?

They built one of those here in town. I don't know how they stay open because the parking lot is usually empty. Freakin' thing is jammed full of chinese crap. I was buying eggs there because I don't like the generic brand at the grocery store.Maybe where you are. Dollar General here and in IL sells Canadian goods because they don't have to pay import/export tariffs. They also carry a lot of brand name US goods. They sell stuff inexpensively because of that and a sleight of hand you have to be paying attention to notice. Their goods are metric weight, not US weight. Meaning slightly smaller. The US ct products they sell are less expensive than Wal Mart or 7-11. Cigarettes, brand name sodas, chips, just basic stuff. I get my spices there. Tupperware, Gatorade, detergent, the vitamins and OTC meds they have. All a bit cheaper. WHy should I pay more for the privilege of driving further to Wally World? There shit's been imported since Sam Walton died.

That's the Dollar General. Dollar Tree is like the Canadian version of Pic-n-Save. Just cheap crap. They have "some" stuff I guess if you fell like finding one that women have assured me over the years is worth driving out of the way for. I never met such and item, personally. Birthday party supplies and crap like that. There was one the was next door to a dialysis clinic we were wiring in dead-ass Texas summer heat that had cold Gatorade, water and sodas :) THAT was okay. They turn the AC on last on commercial construction jobs :(

Family Dollar I think bought Dollar General. I've never been in one. Don't know where one is. The Dollar General is about a mile from our house.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-02-2018, 07:11 PM
Maybe where you are. Dollar General here and in IL sells Canadian goods because they don't have to pay import/export tariffs. They also carry a lot of brand name US goods. They sell stuff inexpensively because of that and a sleight of hand you have to be paying attention to notice. Their goods are metric weight, not US weight. Meaning slightly smaller. The US ct products they sell are less expensive than Wal Mart or 7-11. Cigarettes, brand name sodas, chips, just basic stuff. I get my spices there. Tupperware, Gatorade, detergent, the vitamins and OTC meds they have. All a bit cheaper. WHy should I pay more for the privilege of driving further to Wally World? There shit's been imported since Sam Walton died.

That's the Dollar General. Dollar Tree is like the Canadian version of Pic-n-Save. Just cheap crap. They have "some" stuff I guess if you fell like finding one that women have assured me over the years is worth driving out of the way for. I never met such and item, personally. Birthday party supplies and crap like that. There was one the was next door to a dialysis clinic we were wiring in dead-ass Texas summer heat that had cold Gatorade, water and sodas :) THAT was okay. They turn the AC on last on commercial construction jobs :(

Family Dollar I think bought Dollar General. I've never been in one. Don't know where one is. The Dollar General is about a mile from our house.
It's a Family Dollar store here. I've just breezed through the place quick. I saw a lot of generic crap. Yeah there's some brand stuff, I might take a closer look and note the prices. I usually go the Wally's which is a 24 mile round trip just to get the hell otta town once and awhile, and I can get things I need there like big containers of cat litter, the good paper plates, yeah I use those so it's just less dishes to do, juices, I like the gallon jugs of Arizona tea with ginseng and honey, good selection of chips, good deli, fish, check out the sporting goods, etc, and it's a pretty drive through the hills there and back.

Gunny
06-02-2018, 08:02 PM
It's a Family Dollar store here. I've just breezed through the place quick. I saw a lot of generic crap. Yeah there's some brand stuff, I might take a closer look and note the prices. I usually go the Wally's which is a 24 mile round trip just to get the hell otta town once and awhile, and I can get things I need there like big containers of cat litter, the good paper plates, yeah I use those so it's just less dishes to do, juices, I like the gallon jugs of Arizona tea with ginseng and honey, good selection of chips, good deli, fish, check out the sporting goods, etc, and it's a pretty drive through the hills there and back.

Dude, I am the paper f-ing plate KING. If they're cheap I use 2. I use real dishes for company, or food that requires a steak knife. I'm the f-.ing dishwasher here and I called BS on the real plates crap. They have the good paper plates at Dollar General here. They DO have some cheap crap too. Just have to pick through it.

I go to HEB for just groceries. Texas-wide chain (local for us in SA) and I support them FIRST. They forked over a LOT of food fast when the 'cane hit last year. They were like the first and a half responders. They loaded up, hit the road and had distribution points set up and meals the day after the storm was gone.

Wally world is 1-5-9 years old clothes, and PT shorts and tee shirts for me. Sorry, but I can't pay sporting good store prices for shorts and tee shirts I'm just going to sweat in. The things i'm picky about and want quality items I just have to suck it up and go get.

None are very far from me. A "road trip" for ME is Academy Sports and Outdoors about 5 miles away. Drove out to Lackland once :laugh:

As far as NAFTA goes though, I thought it was a shit deal from the start. Not because of Canada but Mexico is like an anchor on the US. Been there more than once both from here and from CA and there ain't a damned thing down there I need. We can't declare war and kick their asses or we'd have to fix the damned dump like we always do after we blow up someone's shit. Like a damned wart.

Black Diamond
06-02-2018, 10:03 PM
Dude, I am the paper f-ing plate KING. If they're cheap I use 2. I use real dishes for company, or food that requires a steak knife. I'm the f-.ing dishwasher here and I called BS on the real plates crap. They have the good paper plates at Dollar General here. They DO have some cheap crap too. Just have to pick through it.

I go to HEB for just groceries. Texas-wide chain (local for us in SA) and I support them FIRST. They forked over a LOT of food fast when the 'cane hit last year. They were like the first and a half responders. They loaded up, hit the road and had distribution points set up and meals the day after the storm was gone.

Wally world is 1-5-9 years old clothes, and PT shorts and tee shirts for me. Sorry, but I can't pay sporting good store prices for shorts and tee shirts I'm just going to sweat in. The things i'm picky about and want quality items I just have to suck it up and go get.

None are very far from me. A "road trip" for ME is Academy Sports and Outdoors about 5 miles away. Drove out to Lackland once :laugh:

As far as NAFTA goes though, I thought it was a shit deal from the start. Not because of Canada but Mexico is like an anchor on the US. Been there more than once both from here and from CA and there ain't a damned thing down there I need. We can't declare war and kick their asses or we'd have to fix the damned dump like we always do after we blow up someone's shit. Like a damned wart.
You're afraid to say Butt.

Gunny
06-03-2018, 04:46 PM
You're afraid to say Butt.Nah. HEB is Howard E Butt. He started with his mom's grocery store and failed 4 times trying to expand before he got it right. The original store is in Kerrvile, TX, about 60 miles WNW of here. My mother lives there.

HEB supports a LOT of local stuff and in return, the locals are loyal to HEB. Every grocery store prior to WalMart and Target that tried to move in here went bust and moved out. WalMart and Target have only lasted because they can turn a loss here and still make it up somewhere else what with there being a Walmart and Target on just about every other corner throughout the US.

EXCEPT Helotes, TX (right outside SA). They voted WalMart OUT and wouldn't let them move in. :)

Most of HEB's produce and meats are locally grown (within TX), supporting Texas economies. I imagine killing NAFTA might make a dent on HEB since it has stores in Mexico.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-03-2018, 05:21 PM
Dude, I am the paper f-ing plate KING. If they're cheap I use 2. I use real dishes for company, or food that requires a steak knife.
Are you sure we're not RELATED or something... :laugh: