PDA

View Full Version : Roger Stone: Pardoning Of Dinesh D’Souza Is A ‘Message To Mueller’

Gunny
06-02-2018, 12:13 PM
OAN NewsroomUPDATED 8:42 AM PT – Sat. June 2, 2018A lawmaker close to President Trump said his Pardon of Political Commentator Dinesh D’Souza was a ‘signal’ to the Mueller probe.

On Friday, Political Consultant Roger Stone said the message was clear, ‘indict people for crimes that do not pertain to Russian collusion, and this is what happens.’
Mueller is currently looking into Stones finances as a part of his investigation into alleged Russian collusion during the Trump campaign.
However, Stone alleges the probe has been overreaching to look into his personal life, adding they have ‘no evidence whatsoever of collusion.’
http://www.oann.com/roger-stone-pardoning-of-dinesh-dsouza-is-a-message-to-mueller/

Now one would hope Trump consulted his legal team before making this move. My question would be can the ever-overreaching Mueller come back on Trump with an obstruction charge?

The message is obvious. Indict who you want. Gotta lota blank pardons in the desk. Kind of diffuses Mueller as a threat.

Nice move. Finally.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-02-2018, 12:24 PM
http://www.oann.com/roger-stone-pardoning-of-dinesh-dsouza-is-a-message-to-mueller/

Now one would hope Trump consulted his legal team before making this move. My question would be can the ever-overreaching Mueller come back on Trump with an obstruction charge?

The message is obvious. Indict who you want. Gotta lota blank pardons in the desk. Kind of diffuses Mueller as a threat.

Nice move. Finally.
You can't indict a sitting president, and as far as charging him with obstruction... for what?

He can pardon people for that too, even HIMSELF.

Basically, Mueller is as much of a threat to president Trump as the man in the moon is. But then, that's not what the democrats and deep state are trying to do, really, they're hoping it hurts him and other republicans at the ballot box. Problem is, it ISN'T. It's actually HELPING him.

Gunny
06-02-2018, 12:41 PM
You can't indict a sitting president, and as far as charging him with obstruction... for what?

He can pardon people for that too, even HIMSELF.

Basically, Mueller is as much of a threat to president Trump as the man in the moon is. But then, that's not what the democrats and deep state are trying to do, really, they're hoping it hurts him and other republicans at the ballot box. Problem is, it ISN'T. It's actually HELPING him.Wasn't talking about indicting Trump. I was talking about the people Mueller has indicted or threatened with indictment.

Obstruction: sending a clear message that you don't have to cooperate with Mueller and if he indicts you, I will pardon you. That can EASILY be construed as interfering with Mueller's investigation. I've seen the left go nut over less.

Mueller is a REAL threat to Trump. All he has to do is scare a couple of people into lying to save their own asses.

FakeNewsSux
06-02-2018, 12:47 PM
I don't know and personally don't care if this sends a message to Mueller or not. It's just refreshing to see a President doing the right thing simply because it's the right thing to do. "Scooter" Libby, Jack Johnson, Dinesh D'Souza and possibly Martha Stewart all were jobbed by an overzealous federal government and fully deserve pardons. The only thing President Trump can gain from any of these pardons is the goodwill of the American people that is gained from demonstrating that he is a fighter against the swamp monsters who is looking out for the little people. Compare and contrast this with the people pardoned by Clinton via Holder and Obama. Pardoning fugitive tax cheats who stole millions of dollars from the American people in exchange for millions in donations to the Clinton library, pardoning drug dealers apparently to keep the flow of cash and party favors going for the "Chum Gang" and "Miss Engergizer Bunny" back in Chappaqua.

Gunny
06-02-2018, 01:17 PM
I don't know and personally don't care if this sends a message to Mueller or not. It's just refreshing to see a President doing the right thing simply because it's the right thing to do. "Scooter" Libby, Jack Johnson, Dinesh D'Souza and possibly Martha Stewart all were jobbed by an overzealous federal government and fully deserve pardons. The only thing President Trump can gain from any of these pardons is the goodwill of the American people that is gained from demonstrating that he is a fighter against the swamp monsters who is looking out for the little people. Compare and contrast this with the people pardoned by Clinton via Holder and Obama. Pardoning fugitive tax cheats who stole millions of dollars from the American people in exchange for millions in donations to the Clinton library, pardoning drug dealers apparently to keep the flow of cash and party favors going for the "Chum Gang" and "Miss Engergizer Bunny" back in Chappaqua.I'm going for the message :). Everyone's about all these pointless, BS "in your face's". I'm about "in your face" that does actual DAMAGE and not a damned thing anyone can do about it but cry. THAT is 'in your face".

I ain't into cheap "talk".

High_Plains_Drifter
06-02-2018, 01:25 PM
Wasn't talking about indicting Trump. I was talking about the people Mueller has indicted or threatened with indictment.

Obstruction: sending a clear message that you don't have to cooperate with Mueller and if he indicts you, I will pardon you. That can EASILY be construed as interfering with Mueller's investigation. I've seen the left go nut over less.

Mueller is a REAL threat to Trump. All he has to do is scare a couple of people into lying to save their own asses.
Naaa... I don't see it that way at all. Mueller knows that right now he's skating on REAL thin ice, and he'll be lucky if he isn't indicted himself.

And I don't think obstruction for "presumably going to pardon" holds any water at all.

Gunny
06-02-2018, 01:36 PM
Naaa... I don't see it that way at all. Mueller knows that right now he's skating on REAL thin ice, and he'll be lucky if he isn't indicted himself.

And I don't think obstruction for "presumably going to pardon" holds any water at all.Sorry, but the writings on the wall. They're looking for any single little thing and everyone knows it. Our government is arguably THE best at f-ing over people when they want to. Especially if crossed.

What thin ice? All he's got to do is conclude the investigation and retire. Nothing's going to happen to him.

Mueller is quick to try and head sh*t off at the pass to stop Trump from taking the offensive. It's worked for him so far. We'll find out if he's going to do anything before the pardon.

They were talking Obstruction charges when whether or not Trump would submit to Mueller's questioning was an issue at the fore. It's not outside the realm of possibilities.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-02-2018, 01:51 PM
Sorry, but the writings on the wall. They're looking for any single little thing and everyone knows it. Our government is arguably THE best at f-ing over people when they want to. Especially if crossed.

What thin ice? All he's got to do is conclude the investigation and retire. Nothing's going to happen to him.

Mueller is quick to try and head sh*t off at the pass to stop Trump from taking the offensive. It's worked for him so far. We'll find out if he's going to do anything before the pardon.

They were talking Obstruction charges when whether or not Trump would submit to Mueller's questioning was an issue at the fore. It's not outside the realm of possibilities.
We just can't agree on hardly anything concerning this it seems... :laugh:

We'll just have to see how it all shakes out... then we can argue about who was right... ;)

Gunny
06-02-2018, 02:15 PM
We just can't agree on hardly anything concerning this it seems... :laugh:

We'll just have to see how it all shakes out... then we can argue about who was right... ;)Little story for you. I have unfortunately seen this crap up close and personal, in action way more than once. I got stuck in DC with it going on all around me. I've bitched about it since way before message board-ville for me, then on message board where I was politely patted on the head and dismissed with a condescending smile as some conspiracy nut.

Wonder how that crow tastes NOW? This "deep state" shit didn't just pop into being when Trump got elected. It's been there since J Edgar Hoover. He was one of the most corrupt individuals EVER. The only difference now is they got a spotlight on them and they're scurrying around like roaches when you flip on the switch.

No offense is intended, but you like to mix your "Christmas Wish List" with what is. Hell, I wish they'd all -- what was it you said? -- turn into pillars of salt. I'd plug in the construction fan :) This isn't even the tip of the iceberg. Well, maybe the tip. Washington DC is a government subsidized industry all unto itself. Politicians come and go and the bureaucracy remains the same. Most of those civilians will live and die in those jobs without moving a mile. THEY are the REAL power and even if we manage to chop off the head, the body remains and it's the same as the Hydra. Two more grow back. To fix it you would have to scrap the entire government to the last lowliest clerk and start over from scratch.

We know that's not going to happen. I'd LOVE nothing more than to see all these crackheads go down. BUT ... has one single Dem/lefty been indicted? No. Has one single Dem/lefty been investigated by Mueller? No. Even though he has plenty of names, no. Is Mueller being investigated? No. Are the Republicans in Congress to checkenshit to step in and intervene and just call bullshit and stop this themselves? You betcha. THAT is reality.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-02-2018, 02:45 PM
Little story for you. I have unfortunately seen this crap up close and personal, in action way more than once. I got stuck in DC with it going on all around me. I've bitched about it since way before message board-ville for me, then on message board where I was politely patted on the head and dismissed with a condescending smile as some conspiracy nut.

Wonder how that crow tastes NOW? This "deep state" shit didn't just pop into being when Trump got elected. It's been there since J Edgar Hoover. He was one of the most corrupt individuals EVER. The only difference now is they got a spotlight on them and they're scurrying around like roaches when you flip on the switch.

No offense is intended, but you like to mix your "Christmas Wish List" with what is. Hell, I wish they'd all -- what was it you said? -- turn into pillars of salt. I'd plug in the construction fan :) This isn't even the tip of the iceberg. Well, maybe the tip. Washington DC is a government subsidized industry all unto itself. Politicians come and go and the bureaucracy remains the same. Most of those civilians will live and die in those jobs without moving a mile. THEY are the REAL power and even if we manage to chop off the head, the body remains and it's the same as the Hydra. Two more grow back. To fix it you would have to scrap the entire government to the last lowliest clerk and start over from scratch.

We know that's not going to happen. I'd LOVE nothing more than to see all these crackheads go down. BUT ... has one single Dem/lefty been indicted? No. Has one single Dem/lefty been investigated by Mueller? No. Even though he has plenty of names, no. Is Mueller being investigated? No. Are the Republicans in Congress to checkenshit to step in and intervene and just call bullshit and stop this themselves? You betcha. THAT is reality.
There's two things at work here, pard, one, I'm an optimist and like Trump, and two, you're more of a pessimist that doesn't like Trump, but I also think we're BOTH realists. Granted you've seen this stuff up close and personal, but I'm not some junior wanna be know it all that just fell off the turnip truck with visions of cherry blossoms and rainbows in my eyes either. I've been watching what goes on with politics since I joined the AF back in '79. I was a news junkie and always compared what we were told to what actually happened, and I dang well know the "deep state" has been there since George Washington, however, Trump isn't a politician and he doesn't play by their rules. That's the one major factor at work here. Things are bound to turn out different because the guy is a billionaire and isn't accustomed to losing, not to mention I don't think the guy is any kind of person that's going to get pushed around. He's the president and he's got power, so to just assume everything is going to happen exactly like it always has, in MY OPINION, isn't logical.

So again, we can argue 'til the cows come home, but I highly doubt either or us is going to change the other person's opinion... in fact I know we won't... :laugh:

All in good fun, my friend. I love a good debate.

Gunny
06-02-2018, 03:06 PM
There's two things at work here, pard, one, I'm an optimist and like Trump, and two, you're more of a pessimist that doesn't like Trump, but I also think we're BOTH realists. Granted you've seen this stuff up close and personal, but I'm not some junior wanna be know it all that just fell off the turnip truck with visions of cherry blossoms and rainbows in my eyes either. I've been watching what goes on with politics since I joined the AF back in '79. I was a news junkie and always compared what we were told to what actually happened, and I dang well know the "deep state" has been there since George Washington, however, Trump isn't a politician and he doesn't play by their rules. That's the one major factor at work here. Things are bound to turn out different because the guy is a billionaire and isn't accustomed to losing, not to mention I don't think the guy is any kind of person that's going to get pushed around. He's the president and he's got power, so to just assume everything is going to happen exactly like it always has, in MY OPINION, isn't logical.

So again, we can argue 'til the cows come home, but I highly doubt either or us is going to change the other person's opinion... in fact I know we won't... :laugh:

All in good fun, my friend. I love a good debate.My personal dislike for Trump is irrelevant. Way I see it, I can see a LOT clearer than some others who are blinded for their worship of the guy. You don't see me hating on Trump, nor not giving him credit where it's due. I can post agreement after agreement with things he's done for 6 months and disagree once and you'd think the previous six months of agreement never happened and I just drop kicked someone's favorite puppy through the goal posts.

Regardless my personal feelings for his personal behavior, I want and need him to succeed. That's not going to blind me to him f*cking up. Rather, it's going to draw attention to him f*cking up because he's playing high stakes and any ONE setback at the level he's gambling and he's toast. Some of'y'all act like there's no possible way he can lose. That's what the Dems thought November before last. Blind arrogance and overconfidence are SURE ways to lose.

Watching politics and living and working in that Hell hole they call the Ring Around the Congo (on the radio there) are two VERY different things. Those people ain't playing by the rules. When you threaten their livelihoods? They'll commit murder to protect their sh*t so what's a little perjury? Especially if they're in charge of enforcing the law that won't bust them?

I'm hardly a pessimist. I'm a realist. I hope things turn out. I just don't allow my "hope" to cloud my "real".

Gunny
06-02-2018, 03:39 PM
FILE – In this May 20, 2014 file photo, conservative scholar and filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza, left, accompanied by his lawyer Benjamin Brafman leaves federal court, in New York. President Donald Trump says he will pardon conservative commentator Dinesh D’Souza who pleaded guilty to campaign finance fraud. Trump tweeted Thursday: “Will be giving a Full (http://www.oann.com/roger-stone-pardoning-of-dinesh-dsouza-is-a-message-to-mueller/#) Pardon to Dinesh D’Souza today. He was treated very unfairly by our government!” D’Souza was sentenced in 2014 to five years’ probation after he pleaded guilty to violating federal election law. (AP Photo/Richard Drew)

This is the caption under the pic. I try to not post the lame pics that usually come with articles.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-02-2018, 03:57 PM
My personal dislike for Trump is irrelevant. Way I see it, I can see a LOT clearer than some others who are blinded for their worship of the guy. You don't see me hating on Trump, nor not giving him credit where it's due. I can post agreement after agreement with things he's done for 6 months and disagree once and you'd think the previous six months of agreement never happened and I just drop kicked someone's favorite puppy through the goal posts.

Regardless my personal feelings for his personal behavior, I want and need him to succeed. That's not going to blind me to him f*cking up. Rather, it's going to draw attention to him f*cking up because he's playing high stakes and any ONE setback at the level he's gambling and he's toast. Some of'y'all act like there's no possible way he can lose. That's what the Dems thought November before last. Blind arrogance and overconfidence are SURE ways to lose.

Watching politics and living and working in that Hell hole they call the Ring Around the Congo (on the radio there) are two VERY different things. Those people ain't playing by the rules. When you threaten their livelihoods? They'll commit murder to protect their sh*t so what's a little perjury? Especially if they're in charge of enforcing the law that won't bust them?

I'm hardly a pessimist. I'm a realist. I hope things turn out. I just don't allow my "hope" to cloud my "real".
OK.

gabosaurus
06-03-2018, 09:04 AM
More likely this:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/03/donald-trump-gut-feeling-decision-making-white-house

jimnyc
06-03-2018, 09:23 AM
More likely this:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/03/donald-trump-gut-feeling-decision-making-white-house

And that's GREAT as well, something I wanted when voting. Tired of the same old crap and the same old law breakers and the same old plans and the same old ignoring Americans.

Economy is rocking, lowest unemployment for blacks ever, lowest total unemployment in 20+ years. And a few folks that deserved the pardons IMO, especially for Johnson, a very long time coming and more than deserving.

Gunny
06-03-2018, 09:28 AM
More likely this:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/03/donald-trump-gut-feeling-decision-making-white-housePure propagandist bullshit. WHy would you even post THAT on THIS board?

Just to piss the people you know it's going to piss off. Sometimes it's humorous. The article is a FAIL and the author a partisan hack. He is not up to the standard of something stupid to laugh at.

Need to work on it.

gabosaurus
06-03-2018, 10:00 AM
Economy is rocking...
Whose economy? Wealthy people? What about the people who have slipped between the cracks?
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/02/trumps-tragic-policies-likely-to-make-child-poverty-much-worse-says-un

lowest unemployment for blacks ever...
Misleading and somewhat false. Trump taking credit for a trend that preceded his time in office.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/6/1/17417762/black-unemployment-rate-record-low-may-jobs-report

lowest total unemployment in 20+ years...
True, but based on speculation. If Trump starts a trade war, smaller businesses will suffer and unemployment will skyrocket.
Notice when unemployment was at a record high -- During the Reagan years of "trickle down economics."
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LNS14000024
https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/us-gains-223k-jobs-rate-falls-18-year-55583274

(https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/us-gains-223k-jobs-rate-falls-18-year-55583274)

jimnyc
06-03-2018, 10:10 AM
Whose economy? Wealthy people? What about the people who have slipped between the cracks?
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/02/trumps-tragic-policies-likely-to-make-child-poverty-much-worse-says-un

Misleading and somewhat false. Trump taking credit for a trend that preceded his time in office.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/6/1/17417762/black-unemployment-rate-record-low-may-jobs-report

True, but based on speculation. If Trump starts a trade war, smaller businesses will suffer and unemployment will skyrocket.
Notice when unemployment was at a record high -- During the Reagan years of "trickle down economics."
https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/us-gains-223k-jobs-rate-falls-18-year-55583274

(https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/us-gains-223k-jobs-rate-falls-18-year-55583274)

Yay, let's find an article to support a retarded position! Kinda like Pelosi stating that the low unemployment numbers aren't any good either. Comical.

A few months back when things were great, it was "Give credit to Obama". Things continue and get even better yet, but now it's somehow bad or misleading.

Liberals are hilarious in the lengths they will go to to downplay anything good on the right, and go nuts about anything bad, and ignore everything on their own side.

The economy is rocking and rolling along with unemployment and you know it EVEN more when liberals downplay it or try to make good news sound bad! :laugh2:

Gunny
06-03-2018, 10:12 AM

(https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/us-gains-223k-jobs-rate-falls-18-year-55583274)People have always slipped through the cracks since there has been humans and cracks. Presenting them as the norm rather than the exception is intellectually dishonest.

Like it or not, our economy and employment rate was stagnant under Obama and nothing HE did started any trend. Trump has to kick start several things to get it moving.

I'm not keen on any trade war. I've stated as much several times in the past, and there is a thread on it from yesterday or the day before. This one's about Trump pardoning someone who has been caught up in Mueller's witch hunt.