PDA

View Full Version : Rep comments

Abbey Marie
06-05-2018, 09:53 AM
Just a reminder that we are to keep private the content of any Rep we give or receive. We want folks to feel they can comment without fear of the whole board seeing it. I know I’ve given some rep comments that I consider quite personal. :cool:

We are free to mention generally that Rep was given or received.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-05-2018, 10:15 AM
How about people that abuse the rep comments so they can leave antagonistic wise ass insults?

Abbey Marie
06-05-2018, 10:16 AM
How about people that abuse the rep comments so they can leave antagonistic wise ass insults?

Still to remain private. I would address those via PM.

Abbey Marie
06-05-2018, 11:26 AM
And of course, if it seems like harassment, we can always report to staff.

jimnyc
06-05-2018, 02:27 PM

Folks are allowed to mention that they received a -/+ rep from someone, but prefer that any comments remain private. Of course many are insults or lame anyway. But if someone becomes abusive, that should be reported and staff will handle.

Antagonistic will happen, no different than folks being antagonistic to one another on the board itself. But at least with reps, they can only do it so many times and so often.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-05-2018, 03:04 PM
I have been here 6 years and I have never neg rep any member. And I have dealt with some fairly unsavory characters.
If it comes to that , I much rather just go to the cage... which I have done in the past several times...--Tyr