PDA

View Full Version : Boulder Just Banned Ownership of AR-15 Rifles

jimnyc
06-05-2018, 02:14 PM
Idiots.

---

Boulder Just Banned Ownership of AR-15 Rifles

Well, this is no shocker. Bolstered by the Supreme Court’s inaction on answering the question concerning the constitutionality of assault weapons bans, slices of Blue America have taken it to its limits—and by limits I mean passing ordinances that are totally unconstitutional. In Deerfield, Illinois, the village has banned the ownership of AR-15 rifles and other firearms liberals find scary. Yet, it goes beyond that, because the definition of an assault weapon (yes, I know not a real term) is so broad. Essentially any firearm that uses a detachable magazine that holds more than ten rounds is a so-called assault weapon in this Chicago suburb. So, we’re not just talking about rifles, handguns are included as well—and this is a gun ban law. These weapons must be transferred out of the village, destroyed, or turned over to the police. Non-compliance is a $250-$1,000/day fine. It’s unlawful to be a gun owner in Deerfield. Yes, that’s unconstitutional, but they’re not alone. Boulder passed a similar law last month (via CBS News):

…the city of Boulder, Colorado, is following suit. On Tuesday [May 15], Boulder's City Council unanimously passed a ban on the sale and possession of assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and bump-stock devices -- even while attorneys from a pro-gun rights group threatened legal action.

In accordance with the new ordinance, owners of high-capacity magazines and bump stocks will have until July 15 to dispose of the firearm accessories or sell them. After that point, they will not be permitted in the city of Boulder.

The council did, however, extend an olive branch to gun owners in the form of a grandfather clause: residents already in possession of assault weapons will have until the end of the year to receive a certificate proving prior ownership. At that point, all firearm owners who have proven that they owned their assault weapons prior to the passage of the new ban will be permitted to keep them. Only the purchase of new assault weapons is prohibited for Boulder residents who are not members of law enforcement, government officers or military personnel.

[…]

"My hope is that we will see more bans at the state level and one day at the federal level so these weapons will no longer be available," Boulder Councilman Aaron Brockett reportedly stated at the vote.

Rest - https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/06/04/icymi-boulder-just-banned-ownership-of-ar15-rifles-n2487232

High_Plains_Drifter
06-05-2018, 02:22 PM
Democrats learned well from obama and are fully aware they're pissing on the constitution, just like he did.

What part about "shall not be infringed" don't they understand.

I see either president Trump issuing an E.O. that these constitutional infringements are illegal, or one of his newly appointed conservative federal judges putting a hold on these commie municipalities to enforce them.

SassyLady
06-05-2018, 04:11 PM
The council did, however, extend an olive branch to gun owners in the form of a grandfather clause: residents already in possession of assault weapons will have until the end of the year to receive a certificate proving prior ownership. At that point, all firearm owners who have proven that they owned their assault weapons prior to the passage of the new ban will be permitted to keep them. Only the purchase of new assault weapons is prohibited for Boulder residents who are not members of law enforcement, government officers or military personnel.

They want to know where the guns are. Easier to confiscate.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-06-2018, 05:53 AM
They want to know where the guns are. Easier to confiscate.

History teaches us well, if we but choose to see. Tyr

https://www.nationalreview.com/2013/12/how-nazis-used-gun-control-stephen-p-halbrook/

The Weimar Republic’s well-intentioned gun registry became a tool for evil.
The perennial gun-control debate in America did not begin here. The same arguments for and against were made in the 1920s in the chaos of Germany’s Weimar Republic, which opted for gun registration. Law-abiding persons complied with the law, but the Communists and Nazis committing acts of political violence did not.

In 1931, Weimar authorities discovered plans for a Nazi takeover in which Jews would be denied food and persons refusing to surrender their guns within 24 hours would be executed. They were written by Werner Best, a future Gestapo official. In reaction to such threats, the government authorized the registration of all firearms and the confiscation thereof, if required for “public safety.” The interior minister warned that the records must not fall into the hands of any extremist group........

High_Plains_Drifter
06-06-2018, 06:12 AM
This very thread topic right here is why not a single one of my firearms is registered to me, and why I love Wisconsin for still having legal private party guns sales and no checks required.

Do I care if that means the bad guys can buy guns too? No, because the bad guys will ALWAYS be able to get their hands on guns NO MATTER, just look at Chicago.

Gunny
06-06-2018, 11:12 AM
This very thread topic right here is why not a single one of my firearms is registered to me, and why I love Wisconsin for still having legal private party guns sales and no checks required.

Do I care if that means the bad guys can buy guns too? No, because the bad guys will ALWAYS be able to get their hands on guns NO MATTER, just look at Chicago.In IL they register YOU to get around the Second Amendment. You cannot possess nor own firearms or ammo without a Firearms Owner ID which registers you and by default your firearms with the Il State Police.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-06-2018, 12:55 PM
In IL they register YOU to get around the Second Amendment. You cannot possess nor own firearms or ammo without a Firearms Owner ID which registers you and by default your firearms with the Il State Police.
Yeah, that's why we call people that come up to WI to buy guns and hunt here "FIBS," Fuckin' Illinois Bastards... ;)

Old ridge Runner
06-10-2018, 01:39 PM
Here in Pennsylvania only state legislature can write gun laws which means no local laws for people to worry about.

LOki
06-11-2018, 02:47 PM
"We don't make the laws, we just enforce them."

Enforce the law then.

18 USC § 241 (https://www.justice.gov/crt/conspiracy-against-rights): "Section 241 makes it unlawful for two or more persons to agree together to injure, threaten, or intimidate a person in any state, territory or district in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him/her by the Constitution or the laws of the Unites States, (or because of his/her having exercised the same)."

18 USC § 242 (https://www.justice.gov/crt/deprivation-rights-under-color-law): "Section 242 of Title 18 makes it a crime for a person acting under color of any law to willfully deprive a person of a right or privilege protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States."