PDA

View Full Version : Would you hire a child molester?

jimnyc
06-05-2018, 03:55 PM
He committed the crime at a young age, but that shouldn't give him a pass. And now he denies the crime in which he plead guilty to, and was convicted of.

In professional sports, it shouldn't only be about how good someone is. Character already plays a role in hiring but it needs to be stricter. Playing for a professional sports team is a huge huge huge privilege and they will likely go on to make millions

They are willing to overlook a child molester, just because he's good at baseball. :rolleyes: :(

---

Why a convicted child molester is likely to be chosen in the MLB draft

Sometime over the next 48 hours, a Major League Baseball team is almost certain to ask a convicted, admitted child molester to play in its organization. It’s likeliest to happen Tuesday, during Rounds 3 through 10 of the MLB draft, or perhaps Wednesday, over the draft’s final 30 rounds. And on the off-chance that the handful of teams with Luke Heimlich on their draft boards opt against selecting him, the chance that he goes unsigned is basically zero.

For more than a year now, teams have grappled with the idea of Heimlich. He is Oregon State’s ace and one of the best college pitchers in the nation; he is the signatory of a guilty plea to molesting a 6-year-old female relative when he was 15. He is a left-hander whose fastball tops out at 97 mph; he is an endless supply of bad headlines, treacherous questions and awful publicity. He is worthy of a second chance, with low recidivism rates for the crime to which he admitted; he now says that despite the guilty plea, he didn’t commit that crime, which only confuses the matter more.

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/sports/convicted-child-molester-likely-chosen-mlb-draft-151015468.html

SassyLady
06-05-2018, 03:58 PM
Stupid question.

darin
06-05-2018, 03:58 PM
what we were is not who we are. The boy could not even legally consent to sexual activity - Legally his mind wasnt mature enough for legal consent at age 15.

Redemption can happen.

SassyLady
06-05-2018, 04:01 PM
what we were is not who we are. The boy could not even legally consent to sexual activity - Legally his mind wasnt mature enough for legal consent at age 15.

Redemption can happen.

I would not hire him. As someone who was molested I could not look at him and not see the person who molested a 6 year old even if he was only 15.

Black Diamond
06-05-2018, 04:21 PM
No.

jimnyc
06-05-2018, 04:45 PM

Redemption can happen.

I believe it can too. But I also believe that when kids are committing major crimes, they often hang onto their ways.

I'm just not sold on him getting the privileges that come with being a professional and also a role model, whether we/they like it or not.

I hope I'm wrong, but no way in hell, me personally, would I be hiring a child molester. Me personally, one and done.

Abbey Marie
06-05-2018, 06:38 PM
I knew enough at age 15, heck even much younger, not to molest anyone.

I wouldn’t even hire him to walk my dog.

Gunny
06-05-2018, 06:44 PM
I would not hire him. As someone who was molested I could not look at him and not see the person who molested a 6 year old even if he was only 15.15 is old enough to know better. No excuses. When I was 15 I BABYSAT 6 years olds so I had enough coin to take a 15 years old to the base theater.

Screw THAT noise. I'd hire him as a suicide bomber to attack Hezbollah.

aboutime
06-05-2018, 09:21 PM
Once a child molester...Always a child molester. Why anyone would want someone like that...is beyond rational thinking. But....as we have all seen. THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR usually wins. When BIG BUCKS ARE AT STAKE....it doesn't matter if children get hurt anymore.

I don't care how long ago this PERV did it. Nothing exists in medicine today that WILL stop him from doing it again.
https://www.google.com/search?num=20&source=hp&ei=l0QXW63JHY62tQWH-aGABA&q=do+child+molesters+repeat+their+crime&oq=do+child+molesters+repeat+their+crime&gs_l=psy-ab.3...1732.16100.0.17335.42.35.2.4.6.0.144.3542.3 j30.33.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..3.19.1497.0..0j35i39k1j0i131k1j0i131i20i264k1j 0i20i264k1j0i13k1.0.QLRBWnOhC1o
Chapter 5: Adult Sex Offender Recidivism | Sex Offender Management ...
https://www.smart.gov/SOMAPI/sec1/ch5_recidivism.html
by R Przybylski - ‎Related articles
Recidivism has been conceptually defined as the reversion to criminal behavior ... that repeat offenders account for a disproportionate amount of crime and that ... on the extent of sex offender recidivism can help policymakers and practitioners ...

Black Diamond
06-05-2018, 09:39 PM
Once a child molester...Always a child molester. Why anyone would want someone like that...is beyond rational thinking. But....as we have all seen. THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR usually wins. When BIG BUCKS ARE AT STAKE....it doesn't matter if children get hurt anymore.

I don't care how long ago this PERV did it. Nothing exists in medicine today that WILL stop him from doing it again.
https://www.google.com/search?num=20&source=hp&ei=l0QXW63JHY62tQWH-aGABA&q=do+child+molesters+repeat+their+crime&oq=do+child+molesters+repeat+their+crime&gs_l=psy-ab.3...1732.16100.0.17335.42.35.2.4.6.0.144.3542.3 j30.33.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..3.19.1497.0..0j35i39k1j0i131k1j0i131i20i264k1j 0i20i264k1j0i13k1.0.QLRBWnOhC1o
Chapter 5: Adult Sex Offender Recidivism | Sex Offender Management ...
https://www.smart.gov/SOMAPI/sec1/ch5_recidivism.html
by R Przybylski - ‎Related articles
Recidivism has been conceptually defined as the reversion to criminal behavior ... that repeat offenders account for a disproportionate amount of crime and that ... on the extent of sex offender recidivism can help policymakers and practitioners ...

Yeah. The convicted repeat the crime a staggering 80 percent of the time.

Elessar
06-05-2018, 10:00 PM
Simple:

No Frikkin WaY!

Lett him be hired to dump garbage.

darin
06-05-2018, 11:47 PM
He's not hired to be a role model. He'd be hired to do a job. He'd be hired to win baseball games.

SassyLady
06-06-2018, 01:41 AM
It would be interesting to hear what the little girl he molested has to say about it.

Gunny
06-06-2018, 11:21 AM
He's not hired to be a role model. He'd be hired to do a job. He'd be hired to win baseball games.So professional athletes ARE "role models" when it suits us, then they aren't when it suits us. BS.

Professional athletes in this country ARE role models. I wouldn't hire him for the same reason I wouldn't hire Kaepernick. besides both being POS. Public relations nightmare. Hard enough to win and get to a championship without unnecessarily adding to the difficulty.

darin
06-06-2018, 02:52 PM
So professional athletes ARE "role models" when it suits us, then they aren't when it suits us. BS.

Professional athletes in this country ARE role models. I wouldn't hire him for the same reason I wouldn't hire Kaepernick. besides both being POS. Public relations nightmare. Hard enough to win and get to a championship without unnecessarily adding to the difficulty.

Pro athletes are role models in what they can achieve in sports. Anything else is a fantasy pushed or welcomed onto people.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-06-2018, 02:57 PM
He molested a SIX YEAR OLD. The guy is not only a PERVERT, he's an ANIMAL.

He should have been CASTRATED.

Gunny
06-06-2018, 04:39 PM
Pro athletes are role models in what they can achieve in sports. Anything else is a fantasy pushed or welcomed onto people.The "why's n- how's" are irrelevant. The PEOPLE make them role models. The media makes them role models.

What was THE big thing when they crucified Michael Vick? He's a role model. Anybody else caught fighting dogs gets a fine. They're set up to be, and bought off on as role models.

I personally don't get it. MY role model was my grandfather. That doesn't change the fact that these people are set to be role models by our entire society. Saying they shouldn't be doesn't change that.

I can not watch MLB same as I can not watch the NFL. No more merchandise -- nothing. Promoting or overlooking unacceptable personal behavior to make a buck has made pro sports suck, IMO.

Black Diamond
06-06-2018, 04:48 PM
He molested a SIX YEAR OLD. The guy is not only a PERVERT, he's an ANIMAL.

He should have been CASTRATED.
Some have suggested mandatory depo provera.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-06-2018, 04:53 PM
Not painful enough. Cut his nut sack off with a dull butter knife.

Gunny
06-06-2018, 05:24 PM

Not painful enough. Cut his nut sack off with a dull butter knife.I'm in the "no excuse" category, as previously stated. At 15 I damned sure knew the difference between 6 and 15 years old. 1st grader - HS freshman. If he claims he didn't, even "at the time", he doesn't need to be free in society.

Especially a society that worships its sports heroes. Some fan-atics will do most anything to get next to star. I'd want MY kid at a game where he is :rolleyes:

High_Plains_Drifter
06-06-2018, 05:36 PM
I'm in the "no excuse" category, as previously stated. At 15 I damned sure knew the difference between 6 and 15 years old. 1st grader - HS freshman. If he claims he didn't, even "at the time", he doesn't need to be free in society.

Especially a society that worships its sports heroes. Some fan-atics will do most anything to get next to star. I'd want MY kid at a game where he is :rolleyes:
I can't even FATHOM how ANYONE could be SEXUALLY ATTRACTED to a SIX YEAR OLD anyway. You have to be one sick mother fucker.

Kill 'em.

Whoops... I know that statement will piss of the muslims, because their PROPHET MARRIED a six year old, and raped her when she was NINE.

SassyLady
06-06-2018, 10:48 PM
Latest

Oregon State pitcher Luke Heimlich, the MLB prospect who pleaded guilty to sexually abusing his niece in 2012 (https://deadspin.com/mlb-prospect-luke-heimlich-denies-molesting-his-niece-1825831942), went unpicked on the final day of the MLB Draft this year, as every major-league team passed on him over the course of 40 rounds. For the time being, at least, it appears that the majors have shut him out.

https://deadspin.com/luke-heimlich-didnt-get-drafted-1826620330/amp

Gunny
06-06-2018, 10:58 PM
Wow. Scruples. How different and refreshing.

Abbey Marie
06-06-2018, 11:30 PM
Latest

https://deadspin.com/luke-heimlich-didnt-get-drafted-1826620330/amp

I think a wise choice. If he is truly changed, time will tell.

Gunny
06-06-2018, 11:36 PM
I think a wise choice. If he is truly changed, time will tell.All I keep thinking is you know how many kids go to baseball games? If I was a team owner I wouldn't take the risk no matter how remote.

The team would be distracted because the media would be all over just him, good or bad. No thanks. We've all seen what the media can do.