PDA

View Full Version : Kudlow: 'Trump Is Biggest Trade Reformer in Decades'

jimnyc
06-06-2018, 11:36 AM
And the bold is what Trump stated all along. I wonder if anyone will believe someone like Kudlow any more. :dunno:

---

Kudlow: 'Trump Is Biggest Trade Reformer in Decades'

White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow contends that the global trade system has been broken for decades and President Donald Trump is the first leader to actually try and fix it.

“President Trump is the biggest trade reformer in decades and decades,” Kudlow, director of the White House's National Economic Council, told Fox News.

“The world trading system is broken. There is no reciprocity. People have been raising trade tariffs. They have been raising non-tariff barriers. It doesn't help us," said Kudlow, who served as the Trump campaign's senior economic adviser.

"Poor trade deals actually damaged the American economy down through the years,” Kudlow said.

The veteran financial guru and former Ronald Reagan adviser said Trump “regards himself as a free trader and I certainly am. But you can't get free trade with unfair trading practices, stealing technology, stealing intellectual property. China is probably worst offender of this but all countries are guilty. America is most competitive. If you lower barriers, we will export a ton. That will drive our economy up and help the other economies as well.

He predicted steady, ongoing economic growth of at least 3 percent, which he said would be a “tremendous achievement.”

To be sure, Friday’s blockbuster jobs data capped a long line of recent strong economic reports which has led to much brighter forecasts for American growth under Trump.

The Atlanta Fed on Friday said it expects U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) to expand at a 4.8 percent pace in the second quarter, up from 4.7 percent on May 31. Friday's revision was just the latest in a recent handful of surging revisions. On May 25, the measure predicted four percent GDP growth. Meanwhile, the New York Fed’s Nowcast also rose Friday, to 3.5 percent from 3.0 percent a week ago.

Rest - https://www.newsmax.com/finance/streettalk/kudlow-trump-trade-reformer/2018/06/05/id/864407/

High_Plains_Drifter
06-06-2018, 12:47 PM
I heard on Rush that our exports are now exceeding our imports. First time that's happened in decades. That is definitely a boost to our economy and jobs.

I also heard that there are now more jobs than people to fill them.

THANK YOU president Trump.