PDA

View Full Version : ICE raids Ohio lawn and garden business, arrests 114

jimnyc
06-06-2018, 02:34 PM
Awwwww, I feel so horrible for those arrested. NOT! And now I hope the business gets fined into bankruptcy and the owners see prison time.

---

ICE raids Ohio lawn and garden business, arrests 114

More than 100 arrests have been reported after federal immigration agents raided an Ohio lawn and garden business Tuesday as part of the Trump administration's growing crackdown on employers suspected of hiring illegal immigrants.

The Immigration and Custom Enforcement agents, carrying weapons, showed up at two Corso's Flower & Garden Centers--one in the Lake Erie resort town of Sandusky and the other in the nearby town of Castalia and arrested 114 suspected illegal immigrants in one of the largest immigration stings in years.

ICE said it expected criminal charges including identity theft and tax evasion, The Associated Press reported.

No criminal charges have been filed against Corso's, but the business is under investigation, authorities said. The raid included the seizure of business documents.

The Sandusky Register reported that the agents raided Corso’s armed with a search warrant.

Rest - http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/05/ice-raids-ohio-lawn-and-garden-business-arrests-114.html

High_Plains_Drifter
06-06-2018, 02:57 PM
Now don't LET THEM GO... DEPORT THEM.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-06-2018, 03:09 PM
Awwwww, I feel so horrible for those arrested. NOT! And now I hope the business gets fined into bankruptcy and the owners see prison time.

---

ICE raids Ohio lawn and garden business, arrests 114

More than 100 arrests have been reported after federal immigration agents raided an Ohio lawn and garden business Tuesday as part of the Trump administration's growing crackdown on employers suspected of hiring illegal immigrants.

The Immigration and Custom Enforcement agents, carrying weapons, showed up at two Corso's Flower & Garden Centers--one in the Lake Erie resort town of Sandusky and the other in the nearby town of Castalia and arrested 114 suspected illegal immigrants in one of the largest immigration stings in years.

ICE said it expected criminal charges including identity theft and tax evasion, The Associated Press reported.

No criminal charges have been filed against Corso's, but the business is under investigation, authorities said. The raid included the seizure of business documents.

The Sandusky Register reported that the agents raided Corso’s armed with a search warrant.

Rest - http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/05/ice-raids-ohio-lawn-and-garden-business-arrests-114.html

That is just one example among the millions of jobs that these criminals steal from the millions of unemployed Americans.
Deport them , put those responsible for employing them in prison!
It truly is just that damn simple.
To hell with the damn bullshit excuses that the dem/lib/leftists put out that its unfair, impossible to do, etc. etc.
If it is so unfair, why havent they changed the immigration laws when they ruled with an iron fist under their puppet dictator obama??
Why do so many give this corrupt, unpatriotic political party so many passes on its dishonorable, destructive and oft illegal actions and
not cry out and stand against it as firmly as possible?--Tyr

jimnyc
06-06-2018, 03:31 PM
That is just one example among the millions of jobs that these criminals steal from the millions of unemployed Americans.
Deport them , put those responsible for employing them in prison!
It truly is just that damn simple.
To hell with the damn bullshit excuses that the dem/lib/leftists put out that its unfair, impossible to do, etc. etc.
If it is so unfair, why havent they changed the immigration laws when they ruled with an iron fist under their puppet dictator obama??
Why do so many give this corrupt, unpatriotic political party so many passes on its dishonorable, destructive and oft illegal actions and
not cry out and stand against it as firmly as possible?--Tyr

Some folks will claim only these illegals will do these jobs, I worked for quite a few years as a landscaper cutting lawns, weedwacking, edging... I had to work my way up from a damn push lawn mower to a good Skag!

High_Plains_Drifter
06-06-2018, 04:24 PM
Some folks will claim only these illegals will do these jobs, I worked for quite a few years as a landscaper cutting lawns, weedwacking, edging... I had to work my way up from a damn push lawn mower to a good Skag!
The only job illegal aliens should hold is DEPORTEE.

Elessar
06-06-2018, 05:06 PM
Aren't there lawns and gardens beyond the Border?

Let the liberal and lazy spoiled Californians cut their own grass and weeds.

Kathianne
06-06-2018, 06:19 PM
Aren't there lawns and gardens beyond the Border?

Let the liberal and lazy spoiled Californians cut their own grass and weeds.

Well this was in Ohio, so they are way far from the border. ;)

gabosaurus
06-06-2018, 10:12 PM

This is how it usually goes. The employees are detained and the business gets slap on the wrist. Because no one wants to hurt business owners.
Yes, it is against the law to be in the country illegally. It is also against the law to hire illegals. Yes only one side usually suffers. This happens everywhere from the corner donut shop up to Trump Tower. Business people hire lawyers. Poor people can't.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-07-2018, 12:57 AM
This is how it usually goes. The employees are detained and the business gets slap on the wrist. Because no one wants to hurt business owners.
Yes, it is against the law to be in the country illegally. It is also against the law to hire illegals. Yes only one side usually suffers. This happens everywhere from the corner donut shop up to Trump Tower. Business people hire lawyers. Poor people can't.
The employees are ILLEGALS, you ignorant twit... ILLEGAL ALIENS... CRIMINALS that BROKE OUR IMMIGRATION LAWS.

Now tell us that they're UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS so we can all get a real good laugh.

gabosaurus
06-07-2018, 08:55 AM
The employees are ILLEGALS, you ignorant twit... ILLEGAL ALIENS... CRIMINALS that BROKE OUR IMMIGRATION LAWS.

Now tell us that they're UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS so we can all get a real good laugh.

Exactly what I said. Or half of it anyway.
So much for fly boys being able to read.

Elessar
06-07-2018, 12:35 PM
Exactly what I said. Or half of it anyway.
So much for fly boys being able to read.

What Border, Idiot?

Did they come through Your safe California, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico?

Black Diamond
06-07-2018, 01:14 PM
What Border, Idiot?

Did they come through Your safe California, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico?
She's on a roll.

FakeNewsSux
06-07-2018, 02:32 PM

The DNC's partial list of "jobs American's won't do" as proof that we need illegal immigrants"
1. Landscaping
2. Babysitting
3. Housekeeping
4. Hanging sheetrock
5. Cutting sugarcane
6. Picking cotton
7. Voting Democrat

Gunny
06-07-2018, 03:30 PM
Some folks will claim only these illegals will do these jobs, I worked for quite a few years as a landscaper cutting lawns, weedwacking, edging... I had to work my way up from a damn push lawn mower to a good Skag!I'm not trying to bet anyone worked (pretty bad when you have to preface a post like that lately), but I would be one of those that will tell you in a lot of cases, only illegals WILL do the jobs.

You mention landscaping? You wouldn't be doing it here. The Mexicans got it sewed up. They'll work for less, and purposefully low-ball you to get the job, and swarm a lawn or trees or whatever with 5 or 6 people and be done in 45 minutes. You, as the white boy, want too much money and it's going to take you twice the amount of time. That applies to ANY unskilled labor -- painting, drywalling, rough carpentry, etc. Shocked the Hell out of me I mostly did landscaping and renovation work When I was in IL.

In most cases, the labor is layered too deep to even touch the contractor. He pays a Mexican-American to provide labor, no questions asked. The jeffe in turn pays cash to his hermanos to provide bodies. You can tell on them and you won't work. You mentioned fines? Slap on the wrist. And remember, they aren't following the law and don't need documentation. They'll be back in business next week with a new name.

Working in the heat and sun here is to be avoided at all costs by white kids. Kids especially will take a mall job at half the pay just to be in the AC. I never heard the like when I was a kid. If it was hot it was hot. A LOT different when you're 58. :) I've spent most of my life in the heat and sun. If we lost the power grid half these people would die.

Whites ARE too good to do the work, so they think. They'd rather be professionally unemployed than get dirty.

Elessar
06-07-2018, 06:40 PM
Bullshit Gunny!

Most home owners in the LA - Orange Counties will pay an illegal to cut thier grass.
That way they can let their spoiled and lazy brats cruise the malls or surf.

Oh Yeah......I have seen it.

Gunny
06-07-2018, 07:04 PM
Bullshit @Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30)!

Most home owners in the LA - Orange Counties will pay an illegal to cut thier grass.
That way they can let their spoiled and lazy brats cruise the malls or surf.

Oh Yeah......I have seen it.You need to relax. What did you just state that I did not? Is this a new trick? Calling BS then saying the same thing?

I explained it further because I had to live and work in the environment. As skilled labor, I did not have to compete with them. I DID have to work with them and they aren't exactly hiding what they're doing. They stand on the corner of Commerce and St Mary's Streets in downtown SA 3 blocks from the courthouse and 4 from SAPD. Pickup pulls up and says he needs 1, 2, 3, or however many and they pile in the back. This goes on all morning every morning. They pay cash, no questions asked.

Elessar
06-07-2018, 07:10 PM
You need to relax. What did you just state that I did not? Is this a new trick? Calling BS then saying the same thing?

I explained it further because I had to live and work in the environment. As skilled labor, I did not have to compete with them. I DID have to work with them and they aren't exactly hiding what they're doing. They stand on the corner of Commerce and St Mary's Streets in downtown SA 3 blocks from the courthouse and 4 from SAPD. Pickup pulls up and says he needs 1, 2, 3, or however many and they pile in the back. This goes on all morning every morning. They pay cash, no questions asked.

Then you encourage it..

I cut my own grass, painted my own house, raked my own leaves, washed my own windows.

Gunny
06-07-2018, 07:52 PM
Then you encourage it..

I cut my own grass, painted my own house, raked my own leaves, washed my own windows.You're not making any sense. I don't encourage jack shit. I'm stating how it IS. We do our own lawn and housework, thanks. Illegal aliens were invented LONG before me.

If you want to pick a fight find someone else.

aboutime
06-07-2018, 08:16 PM
ICE should do a little planned visit to my home town as well. I have relatives, and friends up there who keep reminding me....here in Virginia; I wouldn't recognize the street where I grew up anymore, nor the rest of the town. UNLESS I SPOKE SPANISH.
Being a Democrat Bastion...my friends insist...is also a Sanctuary Branch of Philly where the state is supporting more Illegals than actual American citizens who grew up anywhere near there.

SO...I am glad to see ICE actually able to do their jobs again.
They need to GO EAST from OHIO, and give much of Pennsylvania back to Legals.

Elessar
06-07-2018, 09:05 PM
You're not making any sense. I don't encourage jack shit. I'm stating how it IS. We do our own lawn and housework, thanks. Illegal aliens were invented LONG before me.

If you want to pick a fight find someone else.

YOU started the 'Fight'

Gunny
06-07-2018, 09:10 PM
YOU started the 'Fight'What fight? Be specific. I don't recall starting ANY fight. I'm good at ending them though. Stick to the topic. I am not it.

NightTrain
06-07-2018, 09:43 PM
Fine the owners $100,000 per offense.

Bankrupt them and give them jail time.

All the other businesses will promptly start following our labor laws. This doesn't have to be hard, you just make a very impressive example.

Gunny
06-07-2018, 09:49 PM
Fine the owners $100,000 per offense.

Bankrupt them and give them jail time.

All the other businesses will promptly start following our labor laws. This doesn't have to be hard, you just make a very impressive example.I've ALWAYS said that. Currently, it might inconvenience the businesses, but the gain is worth the slap on the wrist if they get caught. Hammer them hard. How do they handle drug seizures? Take the car and any money too.

Take all these guy's money and anything else known to support the need for illegals and I'd bet it's slow WAY down.

That combined with tougher border enforcement could make a REAL dent. Get rid of that stupid anchor baby law too. If a kid is born to an illegal who jumped the border last minute, sen them back. BOTH.

NightTrain
06-07-2018, 09:58 PM
I've ALWAYS said that. Currently, it might inconvenience the businesses, but the gain is worth the slap on the wrist if they get caught. Hammer them hard. How do they handle drug seizures? Take the car and any money too.

Take all these guy's money and anything else known to support the need for illegals and I'd bet it's slow WAY down.

That combined with tougher border enforcement could make a REAL dent. Get rid of that stupid anchor baby law too. If a kid is born to an illegal who jumped the border last minute, sen them back. BOTH.

Couldn't agree more.

The illegals all need to be deported, but the carrot is that Almighty Buck and the scumbags that hire them are the real reason they're here. Well, that and welfare, but that's another topic.

gabosaurus
06-07-2018, 11:16 PM
Couldn't agree more.
The illegals all need to be deported, but the carrot is that Almighty Buck and the scumbags that hire them are the real reason they're here. Well, that and welfare, but that's another topic.

Believe it or not, illegals are not eligible for welfare benefits.

http://econofact.org/do-undocumented-immigrants-overuse-government-benefits

But I will tell you who is eligible, and takes full advantage.

https://www.adn.com/economy/article/alaska-has-highest-rate-welfare-recipients-us-census-says/2014/09/04/

Elessar
06-07-2018, 11:27 PM

https://www.adn.com/economy/article/alaska-has-highest-rate-welfare-recipients-us-census-says/2014/09/04/

Oh Lordy.....but the Sanctuary State of California
sure pays them out.

You are full of shit. How many of those Mexican and "Latino" flag wavers pay taxes?

Is your garage full of them?

Gunny
06-08-2018, 08:10 AM

https://www.adn.com/economy/article/alaska-has-highest-rate-welfare-recipients-us-census-says/2014/09/04/Why would illegals need welfare when they work for cash and don't pay taxes? Their kids get to go to school on our dime, their medical is paid on our dime because they can't be turned away. They don't live like roaches because they have to. They live like that because they bring their trashy ways with them (I know, YOU call it "culture":rolleyes:). For being so "poor" they sure as Hell don't limit the number of offspring they're willing to drag into this world. And what are they going to do in SoCal? The majority of those kids will just end up in gangs on their way to your overburdened prison system.

NightTrain
06-08-2018, 08:22 AM

Believe it or not, you didn't read your own link and you're wrong, as usual.

In 2012, 51 percent of households headed by an immigrant (legal or illegal) reported that they used at least one welfare program during the year, compared to 30 percent of native households. Welfare in this study includes Medicaid and cash, food, and housing programs.

Welfare use is high for both new arrivals and well-established immigrants. Of households headed by immigrants who have been in the country for more than two decades, 48 percent access welfare.

No single program explains immigrants' higher overall welfare use. For example, not counting subsidized school lunch, welfare use is still 46 percent for immigrants and 28 percent for natives. Not counting Medicaid, welfare use is 44 percent for immigrants and 26 percent for natives.

Immigrant households have much higher use of food programs (40 percent vs. 22 percent for natives) and Medicaid (42 percent vs. 23 percent). Immigrant use of cash programs is somewhat higher than natives (12 percent vs. 10 percent) and use of housing programs is similar to natives.

Welfare use varies among immigrant groups. Households headed by immigrants from Central America and Mexico (73 percent), the Caribbean (51 percent), and Africa (48 percent) have the highest overall welfare use. Those from East Asia (32 percent), Europe (26 percent), and South Asia (17 percent) have the lowest.

Many immigrants struggle to support their children, and a large share of welfare is received on behalf of U.S.-born children. However, even immigrant households without children have significantly higher welfare use than native households without children — 30 percent vs. 20 percent.

The welfare system is designed to help low-income workers, especially those with children, and this describes many immigrant households. In 2012, 51 percent of immigrant households with one or more workers accessed one or more welfare programs, as did 28 percent of working native households.

The large share of immigrants with low levels of education and resulting low incomes partly explains their high use rates. In 2012, 76 percent of households headed by an immigrant who had not graduated high school used one or more welfare programs, as did 63 percent of households headed by an immigrant with only a high school education.
The high rates of immigrant welfare use are not entirely explained by their lower education levels. Households headed by college-educated immigrants have significantly higher welfare use than households headed by college-educated natives — 26 percent vs. 13 percent.

In the four top immigrant-receiving states, use of welfare by immigrant households is significantly higher than that of native households: California (55 percent vs. 30 percent), New York (59 percent vs. 33 percent), Texas (57 percent vs. 34 percent), and Florida (42 percent vs. 28 percent).

Illegal immigrants are included in the SIPP. In a forthcoming report, we will estimate welfare use for immigrants by legal status. However, it is clear that the overwhelming majority of immigrant households using welfare are headed by legal immigrants.

Most new legal immigrants are barred from welfare programs when they first arrive, and illegal immigrants are barred as well. But the ban applies to only some programs; most legal immigrants have been in the country long enough to qualify for at least some programs and the bar often does not apply to children; states often provide welfare to new immigrants on their own; naturalizing makes immigrants eligible for all programs; and, most important, immigrants (including illegal immigrants) can receive benefits on behalf of their U.S.-born children who are awarded U.S. citizenship at birth.

The heavy use of welfare by less-educated immigrants has three important policy implications: 1) prior research indicates that illegal immigrants are overwhelmingly less-educated, so allowing them to stay in the country creates significant welfare costs; 2) by admitting large numbers of less-educated immigrants to join their relatives, the legal immigration system brings in many immigrants who are likely to access the welfare system; and 3) proposals to allow in more less-educated immigrants to fill low-wage jobs would create significant welfare costs.

https://cis.org/Report/Welfare-Use-Immigrant-and-Native-Households

Now scurry away and pretend this exchange never happened, like you always do when confronted with cold, hard facts.

Yes. Based on my personal experience in the villages & towns around Alaska, I would estimate that the welfare rate is close to 100%. I learned the hard way to never go to the local grocery store on the 1st of the month when the Food Stamps are awarded - there are lines of natives with shopping carts overflowing with cases of soda and junk food all the way to the back of the store waiting to swipe that card with the free money.

Welfare out there is a way of life. It is an abomination.

But we were talking about illegals, were we not? Alaska Natives are not illegals.

Why would you introduce an article about Alaska Natives' love of welfare to a discussion about illegal alien welfare use?

Did you get confused? Or did you think you were being clever somehow?

jimnyc
06-08-2018, 10:17 AM
Illegals aren't eligible? They not only get them, they apparently get more than legal Americans!

--

The Cost of Welfare Use By Immigrant and Native Households

In September 2015, the Center for Immigration Studies published a landmark study of immigration and welfare use, showing that 51 percent of immigrant-headed households used at least one federal welfare program — cash, food, housing, or medical care — compared to 30 percent of native households. Following similar methodology, this new study examines the dollar cost of that welfare use.

The average household headed by an immigrant (legal or illegal) costs taxpayers $6,234 in federal welfare benefits, which is 41 percent higher than the $4,431 received by the average native household.

The average immigrant household consumes 33 percent more cash welfare, 57 percent more food assistance, and 44 percent more Medicaid dollars than the average native household. Housing costs are about the same for both groups.

At $8,251, households headed by immigrants from Central America and Mexico have the highest welfare costs of any sending region — 86 percent higher than the costs of native households.

Illegal immigrant households cost an average of $5,692 (driven largely by the presence of U.S.-born children), while legal immigrant households cost $6,378.

The greater consumption of welfare dollars by immigrants can be explained in large part by their lower level of education and larger number of children compared to natives. Over 24 percent of immigrant households are headed by a high school dropout, compared to just 8 percent of native households. In addition, 13 percent of immigrant households have three or more children, vs. just 6 percent of native households.

Rest - https://cis.org/Report/Cost-Welfare-Use-Immigrant-and-Native-Households

Report: Majority of Illegal Immigrant Households On Welfare

In 2012, 62 percent got benefits, while 49 percent of legal households also on public assistance

More than half of households headed by immigrants in the county illegally, or 62 percent, received welfare benefits in 2012, according to a report released by the Center for Immigration Studies.

In the same time period, 49 percent of households headed by legal immigrants received welfare benefits, while 30 percent of households headed by natives received the same.

Rest - http://freebeacon.com/issues/report-majority-of-illegal-immigrant-households-on-welfare/

And in just LA!!

LA made $1.3B in illegal immigrant welfare payouts in just 2 years

Illegal immigrant families received nearly $1.3 billion in Los Angeles County welfare money during 2015 and 2016, nearly one-​quarter of the amount spent on the county’s entire needy population, according to data obtained by Fox News.

The data was obtained from the county Department of Public Social Services -- which is responsible for doling out the benefits -- and gives a snapshot of the financial costs associated with sanctuary and related policies.

The sanctuary county of Los Angeles is an illegal immigration epicenter, with the largest concentration of any county ​in the nation, according to a study from the Migration Policy Institute. ​The county also allows illegal immigrant parents with children born in the United States to seek welfare and food stamp benefits.

Rest - http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/03/la-made-1-3b-in-illegal-immigrant-welfare-payouts-in-just-2-years.html

aboutime
06-08-2018, 07:31 PM
Look at the way gabby keeps defending ILLEGALS. Tell us gabby. Since you brag about how wealthy you are. What country does your Gardener, Maid, Pool Cleaner, House Keeper, Baby Sitter come from ILLEGALLY?