PDA

View Full Version : What are the things that make life worth living?

Hagbard Celine
08-21-2007, 01:22 PM
A few of mine are:

being naked
sex
grilled food
barbecues
playing tennis
working up a sweat outside
fresh lemonade
reaping the benefits of something you've done with your bare hands
chocolate cake
surprising someone I love
watching live baseball in person
setting-off fireworks
carving jack-o-lanterns
eating watermelon down by the creek
drinking beer out on a sand bar
wine
watching summer storms from the comfort of a porch swing
freshly-pressed clothing
camping and waking up next to your girl in a tent
road trips
greasy cheeseburgers
throwing the football around in a sweater in October
deer season
tailgaiting in Athens before a UGA football game
bon fires

There's many, many more.

darin
08-21-2007, 01:39 PM
Being useful. Serving somebody and seeing my actions make a positive difference in their life or circumstance.

Vodka and Diet Coke. Together. In harmony.
Colvin wine.
Doug's Meat.

Boobs. On the woman I love.

A hot bath while reading the latest Car and Driver.

Camping and waking up next to HB's girl, in a tent.

glockmail
08-21-2007, 01:42 PM
Watching my kids excel.
Being naked with my wife.
Alpine skiing.
Making a beautiful girl laugh.
A new car.
Dark beer.
Smoking cigars with buddies.

nevadamedic
08-21-2007, 01:52 PM
Being useful. Serving somebody and seeing my actions make a positive difference in their life or circumstance.

Colvin wine.
Doug's Meat.

What about your wife and kids?

What about your fights with LN? :)

Hagbard Celine
08-21-2007, 01:55 PM

w-w-w-whaaaa?!

Hagbard Celine
08-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Alpine skiing.

Good one.

nevadamedic
08-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Watching two women get it on is on my top 10 list and being in the middle of it is in my top 4. :laugh2:

Colvin wine.
Doug's Meat.

Ummmmmm, It's HB's girl your talking about man, thats not cool as we all know it's probably a guy in drag which means your waking up next to a guy :(

darin
08-21-2007, 02:02 PM
What about your wife and kids?

What about your fights with LN? :)

:)

w-w-w-whaaaa?!

Hey - YOU started it...

camping and waking up next to your girl in a tent

I thought it fair to return the favor. :)

Hagbard Celine
08-21-2007, 02:06 PM

Hey - YOU started it...

I thought it fair to return the favor. :)

Yarrrrg. Ye pulled a fast one on me therrrre. A smarrrrteepants Y'arrr.

Hagbard Celine
08-21-2007, 02:17 PM
Free chips and salsa at Mexican restaurants
Mexican food

darin
08-21-2007, 02:17 PM
Forgot to add:

Talking like a Pirate.

PostmodernProphet
08-21-2007, 02:19 PM
being naked
sex
grilled food
barbecues
playing tennis
working up a sweat outside
fresh lemonade

you multi-taskers always amaze me.....

truthmatters
08-21-2007, 02:26 PM
My family
Kids
Dogs
Thinking
music
laughing
the ocean
Trees
soft breezes
Rain
sunrises
Tea in the early morning
sunsets
Cold beer on a warm afternoon
mexican food
sunsets on the ocean(the green flash)
animals
flowers
being warm when its cold outside.
being cool when its hot outside
snorkeling
a really good burger
Peach daquries
candy
really good movies like the princess bride
more to come.....

darin
08-21-2007, 02:28 PM
Oh!

Seeing an american-made Military vehicle, branded with the star of David, Pounding the HELL out of some arab-terroist-asshole's House.

Hagbard Celine
08-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Oh!

Seeing an american-made Military vehicle, branded with the star of David, Pounding the HELL out of some arab-terroist-asshole's House.

Being delightfully sadistic....:poke:

Pale Rider
08-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Blasting down a road out in the middle of nowhere on my Harley.

There is nothing else.

Hagbard Celine
08-21-2007, 03:15 PM
Blasting down a road out in the middle of nowhere on my Harley.

There is nothing else.

One of the things I want to do before I die is ride route 66 on a bike from coast to coast.

Pale Rider
08-21-2007, 03:44 PM
One of the things I want to do before I die is ride route 66 on a bike from coast to coast.

I've ridden parts of it, but route 66 doesn't go from coast to coast bud. It goes from Chicago to L.A., and parts of the original road are already gone.

Hagbard Celine
08-21-2007, 04:33 PM
I've ridden parts of it, but route 66 doesn't go from coast to coast bud. It goes from Chicago to L.A., and parts of the original road are already gone.

Well, Boston or New York to Chicago, to LA. Not bein' knit-picky.

glockmail
08-21-2007, 06:37 PM
Good one. Hag you a skier? Ever race NASTAR?

Abbey Marie
08-21-2007, 07:26 PM
Not being dead makes life worth living.

nevadamedic
08-21-2007, 07:37 PM

Colvin wine.
Doug's Meat.

Is Doug a friend of yours? :laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
08-22-2007, 09:05 AM
Hag you a skier? Ever race NASTAR?

I usually ski once a year. The best place I've ever been was SnowShoe Mtn in West Virginia. I can't afford to go all the way out to the Rockies...yet.

Never raced NASTAR. Don't even know what it is.

glockmail
08-22-2007, 09:45 AM
I usually ski once a year. The best place I've ever been was SnowShoe Mtn in West Virginia. I can't afford to go all the way out to the Rockies...yet.

Never raced NASTAR. Don't even know what it is. Snowshoe is very nice, and I make it up there once or twice per year. You might try Sugar Mountain in North Carolina, as its much closer to Atlanta, close enough where you could ski two days in a weekend instead of just one. I have a place up there and we ski every weekend. Due to its high elevation (5300') it gets about the same weather as Snowshoe. I have a friend in Atlanta who skis with us up there often.

One warning about Sugar: Its not a huge place and the lines can get ginormous, especially Saturdays after 12:30. You can avoid lines by skiing weekdays (of course), but on weekends, get on the lifts at 8:15 (even though they officially open at 9) and you will "walk on" all lifts until 10. Eat lunch early, then after 12:30 (when pm tickets are valid) access the yellow lift at the 1/2 station, the grey lift, or find your way over to Big Red. Sundays are less crowded, as are any weekend where it has not snowed in a while.

www.NASTAR.com

It stands for National Standard Race, and is basically the lowest form of competive racing, and for all ages. It has a handicap system similar to golf that lets you know where you stand realtive to their sanctioned pro. All of the major resorts hold races on a regular schedule, you pay 5 bucks for two timed runs, and track yourself on the website.

Hagbard Celine
08-22-2007, 09:56 AM
Snowshoe is very nice, and I make it up there once or twice per year. You might try Sugar Mountain in North Carolina, as its much closer to Atlanta, close enough where you could ski two days in a weekend instead of just one. I have a place up there and we ski every weekend. Due to its high elevation (5300') it gets about the same weather as Snowshoe. I have a friend in Atlanta who skis with us up there often.

One warning about Sugar: Its not a huge place and the lines can get ginormous, especially Saturdays after 12:30. You can avoid lines by skiing weekdays (of course), but on weekends, get on the lifts at 8:15 (even though they officially open at 9) and you will "walk on" all lifts until 10. Eat lunch early, then after 12:30 (when pm tickets are valid) access the yellow lift at the 1/2 station, the grey lift, or find your way over to Big Red. Sundays are less crowded, as are any weekend where it has not snowed in a while.

www.NASTAR.com

It stands for National Standard Race, and is basically the lowest form of competive racing, and for all ages. It has a handicap system similar to golf that lets you know where you stand realtive to their sanctioned pro. All of the major resorts hold races on a regular schedule, you pay 5 bucks for two timed runs, and track yourself on the website.
I actually skied Sugar Mtn last year. None of my friends could afford to go all the way up to Snowshoe. It was ok. Like you said, the lines did get very long during the middle of the day. The slopes were pretty crowded too. It was fun though. Me and my girlfriend got stuck on the lifts the first evening for 45 minutes. It was cold as heck but they gave us a raincheck reimbursment.

remie
08-22-2007, 10:05 AM

Do yourself a favor before you die. Save your pennys and get to Telluride CO. Absolutely breathtaking and the skiing is world class.

glockmail
08-22-2007, 11:34 AM
I actually skied Sugar Mtn last year. None of my friends could afford to go all the way up to Snowshoe. It was ok. Like you said, the lines did get very long during the middle of the day. The slopes were pretty crowded too. It was fun though. Me and my girlfriend got stuck on the lifts the first evening for 45 minutes. It was cold as heck but they gave us a raincheck reimbursment.

Its a nice place for being so close, less than 2 hours for me, all good roads, plus they have the best race program in NC, and are able to make a good showing in the Southern Alpine Racing Association league. I have friends with a place at SnowShoe, but it at least 5 1/2 hours away and a lot of crappy WV roads, so they don't ski nearly as much as we do. If you're staying for a week then its worth it but not for weekend trips, especially when you go as often as I do.

Last spring was my first time skiing out west (Rockies) and I've decided to do that every year, unless I go to Europe. Most of those places are 2000 acres vs Sugar's 120 and Snowshoes's 500 so it is like comparing a Corvette to a Subaru. But if I didn't have the practice and expertise garnered from local places then I would not have been able to enjoy the Rockies to the fullest extent.

glockmail
08-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Do yourself a favor before you die. Save your pennys and get to Telluride CO. Absolutely breathtaking and the skiing is world class.
I have not been there yet. Went to Breck/ Keystone/ A-Basin so far. http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=35777&postcount=1