PDA

View Full Version : 'Never Trump' and the Trump Trauma

jimnyc
06-08-2018, 12:08 PM
Notice that says pretty good, not perfect, not the best, but pretty good, and that's where I agree. Although no never Trumpers or folks on the left listen or remember, I've pointed out quite a few things I disagreed with that he has done.But he hasn't been this nightmare that democrats depict, nor the nightmare that some predicted. Fact is, he's gotten a lot accomplished in the short time he's been in office.

---

'Never Trump' and the Trump Trauma

Trump is turning out to be a pretty good president.

There, I said it, and by doing so I'm sure the people who most need what I'm about to write are going to discount it instantly. And I instantly feel the need to footnote it by saying I don't agree with Trump on every issue, which is pretty much what you'd have to expect since I'm a national-defense libertarian and Trump is an FDR Democrat in an elephant suit. But I agree with him way more than I expected to, and I'm very impressed at what he's done in particular in foreign affairs: both bringing North Korea to something that looks like real negotiations, and getting Saudi Arabia and a bunch of other Sunni nations into an alliance against Iran, and at least grudging tolerance of Israel.

So now, after 18 months or so, we're in a situation where the conservative wing of the coastal clerisy -- people like Bill Kristol, my erstwhile PJ Media colleague Jennifer Rubin, and Ron Radosh — are all pushing the notion that to "punish Trump," to "get Trump's attention," and to "save the Republican Party," conservatives need to campaign for and vote for Democrat candidates in the midterms. What is even harder to understand is that they claim to be doing it based on their "principles."

To which I say, "Are you mental?"

I can understand it, honestly. Trump won, and did so by delivering a flat-out country whoopin' to both the Republican clerisy and Mad Granny — who was, by the way, an atrocious candidate who couldn't stagger over the goal line with the DNC blocking Bernie Sanders and the combined efforts of political appointees in the Department of Justice, the FBI, and the Intelligence Community doing their best to facemask him before — and late-hit him out of the game after — the election.

The fact is Trump's election was a massive shock, and Trump is an embarrassment to them. Worse, he continues to embarrass them every day by being a vainglorious loudmouthed Queens real estate developer instead of a proper politician.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/never-trump-and-the-trump-trauma/

Abbey Marie
06-08-2018, 12:14 PM
Great points; humorous writing. :thumb:

Gunny
06-08-2018, 12:19 PM
"Mad Granny" :laugh2:

SassyLady
06-08-2018, 08:23 PM
Tried to read rest of article ,.. PJ Media down for maintenance.
:crying11: