PDA

View Full Version : Potato Salad

NightTrain
06-08-2018, 11:57 PM
Yesterday I came home after moving 10k pounds of industrial batteries by hand, and I was sore. And stiff. And I heard some sissy groaning in the distance... or maybe that was me.

For some bizarre reason, my otherwise perfect wife doesn't like potato salad and doesn't make it for me unless someone complains about the lack of Perfect Side Dish.

The kids took it upon themselves to Google the directions to make potato salad several hours before, which as we all know, has been universally proven to be the greatest side dish known to man.

I opened the fridge when I lumped upstairs to the Kitchen after finally getting home, and there in the middle of the fridge was a big, beautiful bowl of the best potato salad I've ever sampled. I had half my steak and 3 helpings of that potato salad.

I love my kids. The effort on their part warms my heart.

I'm a lucky man.

NT'sGirl
06-09-2018, 12:38 AM
You are a lucky man!

That your Perfect wife, who HATES potato salad, had your loving children tag team this endeavor I set before them.

As my child, who also HATES potato salad, would not taste her creation, forced your loving son to be the guinea pig:laugh:

You're welcome

SassyLady
06-09-2018, 04:55 AM
Yes, you are lucky man to have people who love you that much.

I am picky about my potato salad, but when I have some it's a lot. Love my taters!

Kathianne
06-09-2018, 06:37 AM
You are a lucky man!

That your Perfect wife, who HATES potato salad, had your loving children tag team this endeavor I set before them.

As my child, who also HATES potato salad, would not taste her creation, forced your loving son to be the guinea pig:laugh:

You're welcome
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Abbey Marie
06-09-2018, 08:00 AM
You are a lucky man!

You're welcome

Now that’s true 💗

Gunny
06-09-2018, 08:50 AM
You are a lucky man!

You're welcomeI don't like it either. If my mom didn't make, I won't even put on the pretense of having the good manners to try anyone else's. :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-09-2018, 09:56 AM
Yesterday I came home after moving 10k pounds of industrial batteries by hand, and I was sore. And stiff. And I heard some sissy groaning in the distance... or maybe that was me.

For some bizarre reason, my otherwise perfect wife doesn't like potato salad and doesn't make it for me unless someone complains about the lack of Perfect Side Dish.

The kids took it upon themselves to Google the directions to make potato salad several hours before, which as we all know, has been universally proven to be the greatest side dish known to man.

I opened the fridge when I lumped upstairs to the Kitchen after finally getting home, and there in the middle of the fridge was a big, beautiful bowl of the best potato salad I've ever sampled. I had half my steak and 3 helpings of that potato salad.

I love my kids. The effort on their part warms my heart.

I'm a lucky man.
You my friend are not only lucky but also very blessed and wise in your life choices. As such does not occur unless the significant other is a truly great person and both parents raise their kids right, IMHO...
By the way, in my world, no BBQ is ever good unless it also has great potato salad and great baked/BBQ beans.
Just more evidence of how much your children cherish and love you!--Tyr

jimnyc
06-09-2018, 10:01 AM
I will say, with no slight to Sharon, as that woman can COOK!! I ate many a meals and all were delicious. :)

But potato salad belonged to my Mom, and no one else was ever able to get it just right.

My Mom was famous for her "German potato salad", not surprising since we have a fair amount of German in us. It was the potato salad, mixed with bacon, some salt and vinegar...

I don't even know why it was only her that made it SO right. But between the potatoes and the bacon, you could eat a huge bowl just like Rick enjoyed!! Man I miss them!

But I also like me some regular egg potato salad.

Gunny
06-09-2018, 10:03 AM
You my friend are not only lucky but also very blessed and wise in your life choices. As such does not occur unless the significant other is a truly great person and both parents raise their kids right, IMHO...
By the way, in my world, no BBQ is ever good unless it also has great potato salad and great baked/BBQ beans.
Just more evidence of how much your children cherish and love you!--Tyr

My idea of BBQ is MEAT. Anything else takes up MEAT space :) Some sweet tea to wash it down and I'm good to go. Side dishes are an unnecessary dirtying of perfectly clean dishes.

Besides, you know most people put mustard and or mayo in their potato salad? INSTANT disqualifier if it isn't made with Miracle Whip. And forget that mustard BS (in potato salad)

High_Plains_Drifter
06-09-2018, 12:25 PM
I like a lot of eggs in my potato salad, almost 50-50 with the tatters.

SassyLady
06-09-2018, 06:14 PM
My idea of BBQ is MEAT. Anything else takes up MEAT space :) Some sweet tea to wash it down and I'm good to go. Side dishes are an unnecessary dirtying of perfectly clean dishes.

Besides, you know most people put mustard and or mayo in their potato salad? INSTANT disqualifier if it isn't made with Miracle Whip. And forget that mustard BS (in potato salad)

Miracle Whip ... blech!

:puke3:

SassyLady
06-09-2018, 06:17 PM
I like a lot of eggs in my potato salad, almost 50-50 with the tatters.

Me too ... but I add celery, radishes and purple onions (I like the contrast if soft potato and egg with crunch of veggies) and my sauce is secret. Does NOT have miracle whip.

Gunny
06-09-2018, 07:32 PM
Miracle Whip ... bleach!

:puke3:That's okay. I feel EXACTLY the same about mayo. I won't touch it. Beyond nasty. :)

Now if you could just instill that feeling into the SIL we'd be good to go because he'd quit stealing mine.

Gunny
06-09-2018, 07:35 PM
Me too ... but I add celery, radishes and purple onions (I like the contrast if soft potato and egg with crunch of veggies) and my sauce is secret. Does NOT have miracle whip.. Definitely not from the South. THAT isn't potato salad.

Guess you wouldn't have to share. :)

High_Plains_Drifter
06-09-2018, 07:37 PM
Me too ... but I add celery, radishes and purple onions (I like the contrast if soft potato and egg with crunch of veggies) and my sauce is secret. Does NOT have miracle whip.
Not a fan of celery in tatter salad, even though I love celery in a lot things, even chili, or meat loaf, or sloppy joes, just not tatter salad. Onions are good. I love onions on or in just about anything.

I like Miracle Whip or Mayo. Just different flavors. Sometimes mix 'em.

SassyLady
06-09-2018, 08:03 PM
. Definitely not from the South. THAT isn't potato salad.

Guess you wouldn't have to share. :)

No ... I am from Amarillo which is north of you. :beer:

Gunny
06-09-2018, 08:10 PM
No ... I am from Amarillo which is north of you. :beer:Yankee. :)

I been through there. Didn't eat the potato salad.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-09-2018, 08:34 PM
Yankee. :)

I been through there. Didn't eat the potato salad.
............ :laugh::laugh:

Gunny
06-09-2018, 09:21 PM
I never look at the negative to things like that. More for you. Enjoy. My family always comments I'm a picky eater and I'm like who cares? If I choose to eat something different I pay for it. I get what I want and y'all have extra.

Just tonight here's my daughter: Serves us chicken alfredo and is frying up some hamburger. Is this your hamburger. dad? I'm like WTF? You serve me chicken AND eat my freakin' hamburger in front of me?:death:

She can't have alfredo because it has dairy in it :rolleyes:

High_Plains_Drifter
06-09-2018, 11:57 PM
I never look at the negative to things like that. More for you. Enjoy. My family always comments I'm a picky eater and I'm like who cares? If I choose to eat something different I pay for it. I get what I want and y'all have extra.

Just tonight here's my daughter: Serves us chicken alfredo and is frying up some hamburger. Is this your hamburger. dad? I'm like WTF? You serve me chicken AND eat my freakin' hamburger in front of me?:death:

She can't have alfredo because it has dairy in it :rolleyes:
Stopped at a KFC about 3 months ago, first time in years, thought what heck, get some chicken... ordered the 3 piece mixed, regular, and it was a greasy, rubbery, under cooked pile of garbage.

KFC sure went downhill. It used to be good. Best chicken now is either home made or one of those broasted chickens from the deli in the little grocery store here in town. Those things are awesome.

O got a new bottle or propane today and burnt a couple burgers, medium, just a little pink in them, cheese, yum.

SassyLady
06-10-2018, 12:39 AM
I quit getting KFC about 5 years ago. Seemed every time I'd partake I'd get food poisoning symptoms. Narrowed it down to KFC and got worried about chicken contamination/cleanliness issues.

Homemade fried chicken only way to go these days if I want fried chicken. I don't even do Chik-filet.

Gunny
06-10-2018, 10:49 AM
When KFC went "healthy" (or whatever they claim to be) and quit FRYING the chicken, they went to crap. When I want FRIED chicken, FRY the sh*t. I'm 58. I know the risks of washing down fried chicken with a Coke. Thanks for your concern for my health and knowing what's best for me :rolleyes: Now STFU and butt the f- out.

Black Diamond
06-10-2018, 11:04 AM
When KFC went "healthy" (or whatever they claim to be) and quit FRYING the chicken, they went to crap. When I want FRIED chicken, FRY the sh*t. I'm 58. I know the risks of washing down fried chicken with a Coke. Thanks for your concern for my health and knowing what's best for me :rolleyes: Now STFU and butt the f- out.
KFC no fry? Was a tradition my dad would take me camping we would eat the hell out of that. Oh well now I go to a place called Lees as the local kfc had gone down hill anyway. All dark meat and yeah sugar filled coke. I can feel my arteries clog but it's my decision. :)

Gunny
06-10-2018, 12:23 PM
KFC no fry? Was a tradition my dad would take me camping we would eat the hell out of that. Oh well now I go to a place called Lees as the local kfc had gone down hill anyway. All dark meat and yeah sugar filled coke. I can feel my arteries clog but it's my decision. :)They also re-classified chicken :rolleyes: Thighs are now "White meat". My ass.

I am definitely a "chicken racist". If it ain't white, I ain't eatin' it.

Black Diamond
06-10-2018, 12:40 PM
They also re-classified chicken :rolleyes: Thighs are now "White meat". My ass.

I am definitely a "chicken racist". If it ain't white, I ain't eatin' it.
:laugh:

Black Diamond
06-10-2018, 12:42 PM
I agree with Gunny re the classification. Thighs taste too good to be white meat .

Black Diamond
06-10-2018, 01:08 PM
I just had to mix up sweet potatoes with chicken for my wife. The stench of sweet potatoes makes me want to hurl.