PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think Vick Should Be Allowed To Play In The NFL Again?

nevadamedic
08-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Yes.
No.
Hell No.

darin
08-21-2007, 02:27 PM
why the hell not? Once he completes his 'debt to society', he should take whatever he can get. If that means "Starting QB in the NFL" sobeit.

Missileman
08-21-2007, 04:01 PM
Hell no! He should never be allowed to wear an NFL uniform again. Players, especially high profile players like Vick, have an obligation that comes with those mutli-million dollar contracts to conduct themselves as role models. His priorities obviously lay in hanging dogs from trees to die or drowning survivors. He gave no consideration to his actions, he should receive no consideration to return to the NFL.

Mr. P
08-21-2007, 04:03 PM
Hell no! He should never be allowed to wear an NFL uniform again. Players, especially high profile players like Vick, have an obligation that comes with those mutli-million dollar contracts to conduct themselves as role models. His priorities obviously lay in hanging dogs from trees to die or drowning survivors. He gave no consideration to his actions, he should receive no consideration to return to the NFL.

I agree with MM.

darin
08-21-2007, 04:10 PM
I don't get why some folk worship or put-on-a-pedestal NFL Players. Is it cuz they are rich? Oh - it IS...lame.

Civil-Service folk, Military, Fire Fighters and what-not - THOSE are the people to hold to higher standards.

nevadamedic
08-21-2007, 04:19 PM
why the hell not? Once he completes his 'debt to society', he should take whatever he can get. If that means "Starting QB in the NFL" sobeit.

For one that guy should not be a role model to kids, what he did was disgusting and I hope he gets what he deserves in Prison, but im sure he is a coward and will by protection.

Second the NFL has a gambling policy which he clearly violated, which gets you a lifetime ban normally.

I don't get why some folk worship or put-on-a-pedestal NFL Players. Is it cuz they are rich? Oh - it IS...lame.

Civil-Service folk, Military, Fire Fighters and what-not - THOSE are the people to hold to higher standards.

Kids worship Athletes and other Celebrities for many reasons and this for damn sure is not the reason.

OCA
08-21-2007, 04:58 PM
For one that guy should not be a role model to kids, what he did was disgusting and I hope he gets what he deserves in Prison, but im sure he is a coward and will by protection.

Second the NFL has a gambling policy which he clearly violated, which gets you a lifetime ban normally.

Gambling on football gets you a lifetime ban you stupid fuck not playing Texas hold em douchebag.:laugh2:

darin
08-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Nobody else believes in redemption?

nevadamedic
08-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Gambling on football gets you a lifetime ban you stupid fuck not playing Texas hold em douchebag.:laugh2:

Theres a major difference on running a dog fighting ring for gambling purposes and playing cards.

darin
08-21-2007, 05:03 PM
For one that guy should not be a role model to kids,

That's up to the parents of said kids - not up to HIM.

what he did was disgusting and I hope he gets what he deserves in Prison, but im sure he is a coward and will by protection.

Buy protection? What he did is disgusting. Newsflash - he didn't do it ALONE. Why aren't you harping against the OTHER dozens? Hundreds? of folk who'd attend and participate. Rhetorical question, because I know the answer: Mike Vick is RICH.

Not eggs zachary.

Kids worship Athletes and other Celebrities for many reasons and this for damn sure is not the reason.

Right - because kids' PARENTS tell their kids "That person is rich! To be successful you must be RICH!"

My son's role model right now? Cody Banks. Not the actor - the character. My daughters? The girl who got to kiss the cute guy on HSM 2.

(shrug).

gabosaurus
08-21-2007, 05:11 PM
He should be banned from the NFL for life. But of course, he won't be. Because if you got game, you can get away with anything. Some idiot team that needs a name will sign and use him.
Even before the dog fighting incident, Vick had a long record as a detriment to society. Same as a lot of pro athletes. I am sure he will be back. If not as a football player, as a wrestler or a participant of some TV reality show.

glockmail
08-21-2007, 06:47 PM
I think they should stake him to the ground spread eagle, cover his franks and beans with franks and beans, and have a pack of hungry pit bulls feed.

Trigg
08-21-2007, 07:09 PM
He should be banned from the NFL for life. But of course, he won't be. Because if you got game, you can get away with anything. Some idiot team that needs a name will sign and use him.
Even before the dog fighting incident, Vick had a long record as a detriment to society. Same as a lot of pro athletes. I am sure he will be back. If not as a football player, as a wrestler or a participant of some TV reality show.

Really??

I'm sure he's a really nice guy though and others have done the same thing so I think we should just forgive him. Afterall he's a hard worker and just trying to provide for his family.

*ppppppppssssssssssssttttttttttttttttt gabbo*

if your going to forgive some people (illegals) for breaking the law, cause they're not hurting anyone, then you gotta forgive Vick also.

nevadamedic
08-21-2007, 07:15 PM
That's up to the parents of said kids - not up to HIM.

Buy protection? What he did is disgusting. Newsflash - he didn't do it ALONE. Why aren't you harping against the OTHER dozens? Hundreds? of folk who'd attend and participate. Rhetorical question, because I know the answer: Mike Vick is RICH.

Not eggs zachary.

Right - because kids' PARENTS tell their kids "That person is rich! To be successful you must be RICH!"

My son's role model right now? Cody Banks. Not the actor - the character. My daughters? The girl who got to kiss the cute guy on HSM 2.

(shrug).

Everyone involved should be hung up by their nuts, not just him. Yes buying protection, you know paying a gang to make sure you don't get fucked up or killed in there.

Thats not why I wan't my daughter to look up to them. She recgonizes them for their talent not because they are rich or famous. They are an example of success in life and achieving your dreams.

nevadamedic
08-21-2007, 07:17 PM

Or running an illegal gambling operation.

OCA
08-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Or running an illegal gambling operation.

There is nothing in the bylaws of the NFL that says running an illegal gambling operation earns you a lifetime ban.........wrong again Mr. NFL.

Now with that said the NFL will probably look at this, suspend him for a year and reinstate him afterwards but I doubt any team will sign him.

Thank the good lord we don't have a pool here, you'd get slaughtered, you don't know shit about the NFL or football.

Abbey Marie

I agree with you about the weirdness of putting athletes and entertainment people on a pedestal, but that's the way it goes. The real good guys are not on TV, and we only worship people we see on camera.

jackass
Once he has paid his debt to society..why SHOULDNT he be allowed to play? Anyone who goes to jail should never be allowed to make money again? Its ridiculous!

jackass
08-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Now with that said the NFL will probably look at this, suspend him for a year and reinstate him afterwards but I doubt any team will sign him.

Come on OCA! You KNOW some team will sign him!!

glockmail
08-21-2007, 07:38 PM
Once he has paid his debt to society..why SHOULDNT he be allowed to play? Anyone who goes to jail should never be allowed to make money again? Its ridiculous!
He can work at 7-11. The NFL should ban him forever.

OCA
08-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Come on OCA! You KNOW some team will sign him!!

Not sure on that, I think the fans would look badly upon any team that gave him a chance, they might take their anger out in diminished ticket sales and the bottom line to any NFL team is profit.

Abbey Marie
08-21-2007, 07:41 PM
He can work at 7-11. The NFL should ban him forever.

I'd rather see him scraping up dog poop at the local shelter. After three years, they can give him a scooper.

OCA
08-21-2007, 07:44 PM

Honestly I never thought he was a valuable NFL QB anyway, I don't think his style suits the NFL and his professional record supports that.

Hey anybody remember that moron from the other board that I used to argue football with, Charleston Chad? He was a rabid Falcons fan and I rode him as the Falcons were faltering down the stretch and missing the playoffs, it would be sweet to ride him on this!

glockmail
08-21-2007, 08:50 PM
I'd rather see him scraping up dog poop at the local shelter. After three years, they can give him a scooper.
I wouldn't trust him around dogs.

remie
08-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Honestly I never thought he was a valuable NFL QB anyway, I don't think his style suits the NFL and his professional record supports that.

Hey anybody remember that moron from the other board that I used to argue football with, Charleston Chad? He was a rabid Falcons fan and I rode him as the Falcons were faltering down the stretch and missing the playoffs, it would be sweet to ride him on this!

Exactly right. He is a great athlete but the trend in the NFL is going back to the pocket QB. He is a long way from a great QB and I am not sure any team would sign him but I would bet big bucks that he will not be a starting QB in the NFL again. Losing how ever many years he will lose in prison the game will pass him by.

Funny you mention CC. I was thinking of how you rode him in the ground before and wondered if you had been on his ass about this.

jackass
08-23-2007, 02:36 PM
I dont think he is a good quarterback at all. Same ole hype as Culpepper, McNabb and McNair.

That being said..some lame team will want to get the "great" Michael Vick to sell some tickets.

5stringJeff
08-23-2007, 02:45 PM

I think you're right. The public backlash against Vick will keep any smart owner from signing him again.

OCA
08-23-2007, 02:50 PM
I think you're right. The public backlash against Vick will keep any smart owner from signing him again.

I do believe though that he WILL BE in someone's training camp the first preseason after he is released from prison. He's going to beef up in the joint too, 3 squares, freeweights and nothing but time.

If I had to guess I would say Cowboys or Raiders, they have a long history of chance taking on dirtbags.

Abbey Marie
08-23-2007, 03:35 PM
I dont think he is a good quarterback at all. Same ole hype as Culpepper, McNabb and McNair.

ITA.

Pale Rider
08-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Should he allowed to play again? No. The NFL should have some code of ethics against this. Someone that's committed a felony crime as heinous as he has, should NEVER be allowed to be put up on a pedestal and collect millions of dollars for playing a game that's worshipped by the public again.

Will he ever play in the NFL again? Probably. It's all about money, and if some teem thinks they can make a buck off him, he'll play.

Mr. P
08-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Prosecutors agreed to recommend a sentence at the low end of federal guidelines, which both sides agree would be 12 to 18 months in prison. A federal judge will make the final decision and can impose a higher or lower term.http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/24/AR2007082401044.html?hpid=topnews

I heard a local report that said he'll be out after serving two months. Donno.

But if true, compare it to this....a local Superior Court Judge here has put the word out; if you're caught in possession of meth or crack you'll get a minimum 5 year sentence with 1 year mandatory jail time, no early outs. This is NOT for dealers just Joe smuck the user. If this Judge could rule on Vick I think he'd spend 10 mandatory in jail.