PDA

View Full Version : Justify!

SassyLady
06-09-2018, 06:07 PM
Wins Triple Crown!
Only 13 horses have won in history.
Looks, runs and acts like Secretariat.
Bob Baffert is trainer ... was also trainer of American Pharoh, last triple crown winner.
Justify and Pharoh only 2 horses to win in last 40 years.

So exciting!
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

High_Plains_Drifter
06-09-2018, 06:15 PM
The movie about Secretariat will darn near make you cry at the end. The way that horse outran them all at the Belmont was stunning.

I suppose a movie about Justify is in order now.

SassyLady
06-09-2018, 08:00 PM
The movie about Secretariat will darn near make you cry at the end. The way that horse outran them all at the Belmont was stunning.

I suppose a move about Justify is in order now.

Nah ... American Pharoh won in 2015 ..... maybe a movie about Bob Baffert the trainer of 2 Triple Crown winners, or jockey Mike Smith ... oldest jockey to win TC.

SassyLady
06-09-2018, 08:02 PM
HPD ... I watch Secretariat's Belmont race online all the time and he does make you cry.

Justify is undefeated. 16 weeks ago no one had ever heard of him because he didn't race as a 2 year old.

Gunny
06-09-2018, 08:23 PM
I read a book once called "Back Beauty" in grade school. Except that I would read anything that didn't get out of my way back then, I STILL have no idea why I read that book or what the point was to it. It was a book about a horse. :smoke:

High_Plains_Drifter
06-09-2018, 08:27 PM
HPD ... I watch Secretariat's Belmont race online all the time and he does make you cry.

Justify is undefeated. 16 weeks ago no one had ever heard of him because he didn't race as a 2 year old.
Of course the movie sensationalizes it a bit and tells the whole story. I'm not lying, I had a lump in my throat when I was watching the end. They had actual footage of the race in the movie.

Have you seen it? Good flick. I like true story movies.

I just bought the new version of "Murder On The Orient Express" on ebay. I'm not happy with Johnny Depps political stunts but, he's an interesting actor and the movie looks good. I've bought so few movies in the last year I'm beginning to wonder what 4K looks like, since a 4K movie on my oppo is the only way I get to see it.

SassyLady
06-10-2018, 12:26 AM
Of course the movie sensationalizes it a bit and tells the whole story. I'm not lying, I had a lump in my throat when I was watching the end. They had actual footage of the face in the movie.

Have you seen it? Good flick. I like true story movies.

I just bought the new version of "Murder On The Orient Express" on ebay. I'm not happy with Johnny Depps political stunts but, he's an interesting actor and the movie looks good. I've bought so few movies in the last year I'm beginning to wonder what 4K looks like, since a 4K movie on my oppo is the only way I get to see it.

I've seen the movie several times. If you liked Secretariat you need to watch Seabiscuit. Also an awesome horse racing story and it is set in the depression era.

I'm not a Johnny Depp fan .... kids love all his Pirates movies though.

High_Plains_Drifter
06-10-2018, 12:38 AM
I've seen the movie several times. If you liked Secretariat you need to watch Seabiscuit. Also an awesome horse racing story and it is set in the depression era.

I'm not a Johnny Depp fan .... kids love all his Pirates movies though.
I like 20's, 30's, 40's era movies.

SassyLady
06-10-2018, 12:40 AM
I like 20's, 30's, 40's era movies.

Then you'll love Seabiscuit.