PDA

View Full Version : Hey Gunny, Uncle Sam needs you again!

FakeNewsSux
06-10-2018, 12:16 AM
With your Debate Policy Admin background, you're the perfect candidate:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/marine-corps-weighs-wooing-older-members-cyber-force-161354832.html

Gunny
06-10-2018, 10:39 AM
Think I'm a "bit" past the age range they're looking for :laugh:

"By older Marines, we're not talking guys with walkers but rather second- and third-tour enlisted Marines," said Gary Solis, a military expert at Georgetown University who served 26 years in the Marine Corps. "They may be only a few years older than the 18- and 19-year-old Marines, but those three or four years difference could make a hell of a difference as far as maturity when it comes to their outlook and unit cohesion."

Stretching the limits and saying you have 2, 6 year enlistments under your belt that's 12 years. Two "tours". The usual is 4 year enlistments so 3 tours would put you at 12 years. Basically they're saying "no boots need apply":laugh:

This is basically a recruiting ply by another name to try to retain some senior data dinks who can make more money out on the market.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-10-2018, 11:03 AM
If they would make it about rounding up and deporting a significant number of muslims here in our country, sign this civilian right on up!
I'd bring my own guns and ammo. As long as the standing order was shoot if the bastards showed any sign of resistance..

As is, I am no computer geek, not by a country mile..-- :laugh::laugh::laugh:
I am one helluva fantastic shot with pistol, rifle, shotgun and bow.. -Tyr

Gunny
06-10-2018, 12:16 PM
If they would make it about rounding up and deporting a significant number of muslims here in our country, sign this civilian right on up!
I'd bring my own guns and ammo. As long as the standing order was shoot if the bastards showed any sign of resistance..

As is, I am no computer geek, not by a country mile..-- :laugh::laugh::laugh:
I am one helluva fantastic shot with pistol, rifle, shotgun and bow.. -TyrThey're not recruiting grunts, Tyr. :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-10-2018, 02:35 PM
They're not recruiting grunts, Tyr. :laugh:

You mean, they are not recruiting "over the hill, old and stubborn born and bred, Southern grunts" --right???=--:laugh: :clap:
Well hell, I knew I couldnt get the gig anyways.
I'd be too damn trigger happy and everybody knows it. ;)--Tyr